Rubber Ducky

Love³

Several years ago:

 

Shuhua had only arrived in Korea a week ago but thanks to her friend Yuqi she was feeling better about everything. She was still sad. Heartbroken. But that's nothing a little alcohol couldn't fix right? That's how Shuhua found herself in a club at eleven at night with Yuqi both drunk out of their minds.  

 

"Shuhuaaaa this is so fun!" Shuhua laughed as she danced clumsily. "I know right! You know what would be super fun?!" Yuqi looked at her tilting her head. "Matching tattoos! We could get something cool like.. Like a dragon! Or a frog!" Yuqi wrinkled her nose. "I want a giraffe!" Shuhua nodded. "We could get giraffes!" As they had this conversation in Mandarin it didn't occur to either of them that they were drunk foreigners still struggling with the language. So that's why when they got to the tattoo parlor...

 

Yuqi smiled at the woman behind the counter who looked at them funny. "You want ducks?" Yuqi nodded confidently. She had meant to say something else but by now it was lost in the back of her mind. "Rubber ducks?" The woman sighed softly. "Anything special about these rubber ducks?" Yuqi shook her head. "Just ducks." The woman nodded. "Okay once my coworker gets done with her client we'll get y'all taken care of just have a seat. Hey Yves we've got a pair when you're done." She called to the woman. 

 

After a few moments a tallish woman walked out of the room her hair back in a ponytail with just a few hairs escaping as they fell in front of her face. She was followed by her client. A woman Shuhua would later come to know and love but for now was just a random stranger. "Okay Soojin you paid before right? So you're good to go. Good luck with your new girlfriend. I'll see you next time." Soojin left bowing thanking her for her work. 

 

Yves made her way to the two. "Are these our pair?" She asked as she saw Shuhua leaning against Yuqi's shoulder. "They're drunk we can't tattoo them." Jinsoul held her hands up. "They just want small rubber ducks. An odd choice but it must mean something to them. I don't think it's a drunk situation I think it's a finally got the courage because they're drunk situation. Maybe they're dating and it is something with their relationship?" Yves stared at Jinsoul for a moment. "Fine but you're drawing the stencils and if they complain I'm throwing you under the bus." She turned back to Yuqi and Shuhua. "Come on I'll get you prepped follow me." Yuqi stood up pulling Shuhua with her. Shuhua held onto Yuqi's arm like she was gonna fall without it. 

 

Yves got them sat down in a room as she mixed some basic colors. "So where do you want your ducks? Since this is obviously your first there's some basic places I suggest not getting them. No hands no head no feet. Maybe your hip won't be so bad?" Yuqi nodded. "Hip sounds fine." Shuhua pouted and touched the back of her neck. "Here?" Yves hummed. "It'll hurt a little more but if I do it at the base it won't be as bad. Okay got it." Jinsoul walked in with two small templates. "Tahdah rubber duckies. What's that song you remember the old English show? Rubber ducky you're the one. You make bath time so much fun." She did a little dance as she sang the children's song. Yves watched her dorky friend amused. "Wow amazing who knew you had so much talent." She said sarcastically. "Now come on you get the cute curly haired one I got this one." She took a template and led Shuhua to a table. "I need you to lay on your stomach and I'll pull your hair out of the way okay?" Shuhua nodded and laid down obediently. 

 

Soon enough and after surprisingly little whining Shuhua and Yuqi had been tattooed. The two paid and said goodbye to the tattoo artists. "To bad Soojin didn't get to see them you know how much she loves cute things. She probably would've liked the curly haired one. What did she say her name was?" Jinsoul looked at her. "Woogi? Definitely not Korean." Yves nodded. "Even cuter. Well I hope they don't wake up and regret them." Jinsoul began to sing and dance around to the rubber ducky song again. "Rubber ducky you're the one." She pointed to Yves. "You make bath time so much fun." She winked at the taller woman who just shook her head. "Go clean up so we can go home." Yves locked up for the night. 

 

Note: I read back hoping for inspiration and I realized I never told the rubber duck tattoo story so here it is. Silly drunk Maknes make bad decisions. Anyway sorry it's so short but it's something!