Birthday surprise

Love³

Note: I'm a little early but here is Soojin's birthday chapter. In light of recent news I would like to say this. It is sad that Soojin can't be with the girls right now but. We should still support them especially on their first album back they have worked hard on this comeback. And as for Soojin I believe it's best to look on the bright side. At least now she is free from the obligations and expectations put on her by the company. And maybe soon she can have her own activities. Or not if she so chooses. Either way she is free now. 

Anyway happy birthday to Soojin always our favorite cherry.

 

Shuhua sat on the foot of the bed pouting. "Yah Mi I can keep a secret tell me what you're planning." She whined softly at her. 

Miyeon smiled sweetly at her. "If I tell you and Jinnie finds out you're not getting kisses for a whole week. You know that right?" 

Shuhua nodded animatedly. Miyeon thought the action was cute but she knew the girl couldn't keep a secret. "I made a reservation for the 3 of us at that fancy restaurant downtown that she's been wanting to go to. And then we will go see that play she's been wanting to see. And then once we're done and come home I've arranged for Soyeon and Yuqi to come in and decorate the apartment for me with rose petals and balloons all that good stuff. So it will be ready before we get here. Then I pull out these." She showed Shuhua what looked to be a set of 3 rings all matching. "Are you..." Miyeon cut her off. "No I'm not proposing why would I be telling you if I were planning to propose. I'd want to surprise you too my Angel. These are just promise rings like a pre-proposal " Shuhua pouted. "This makes my gift look stupid." She fiddled with her fingers. Shuhua looked down. "All I got was one of those stupid girlfriend coupon book things. I wanted to get her something better but..." She mumbled softly. 

Miyeon hugged Shuhua tightly. "Hey don't be insecure I'm sure she'll love it. You don't have to be embarrassed with us angel you should know that by now." Soojin knocked on the door. "What are you two hiding in there?" As the door opened Miyeon had just enough time to hide the rings. And Shuhua pulled Miyeon to her who quickly held Shuhuas chin looking down at her acting like she was about to kiss her. Soojin bit her lip looking at them. "You could have invited me to watch you know. I love to watch my girlfriends make out." She crossed her arms leaning against the door frame. "Continue as you were pretend I'm not here." Miyeon smiled as she felt Shuhuas hands on her but she pulled away giving her a quick peck. "We weren't doing anything Jinnie I was just reminding Shu who's boss." She winked at the younger woman. Miyeon smirked. "I'm the boss." Soojin looked at her as she walked to the living room. "Well we all know that's not true" Shuhua looked at Soojin and then looked down quietly scurrying past her. Soojin thought it was weird that Shuhua didn't make one of her usual comments. 

That night when they were getting in bed it was supposed to be Shuhuas turn to be the middle spoon but she instead had Miyeon sleep between them. Soojin pouted a bit but didn't say anything. 

The next morning as usual Shuhua didn't do her clingy morning routine of trying to shower with them both. It was later in the night when Soojin looked at Shuhua. "Hey Baby is there something wrong? Are you feeling okay?" Shuhua panicked she just knew she would spoil the surprise. "Y-yeah why do you ask?" Soojin tilted her head genuinely worried. "You just haven't been your normal clingy self is all." She held Shuhuas hand lacing their fingers together and gently caressing the back of it. "If something is bothering you I'm always here to listen." Shuhua was melting but she couldn't say anything. She just looked at Soojin and shrugged. "Nothing I can think of." She needed to escape before she blurted something out. "Would you look at the time I forgot I have a uh a thing to go to with yuqi." Soojin pouted. "What about our date tonight remember. Miyeon is busy so we were gonna go have a date together. I was gonna take you to that new restaurant..." Shuhua widened her eyes. She completely forgot as she had been putting so much energy into not spilling the secret. "I- we can go next time Soojin Yuqi said it was important I thinks she's thinking if proposing to Yeonnie. I should go bye." She practically ran out of the apartment. 

Soojin was left alone in the couch thinking about what she could have done wrong. She was very hurt by the woman's actions. "I'll just have to make it up to her." But she didn't even know what she was meant to be making up for. 

After a few days of Shuhua all but ignoring Soojin and avoiding being alone with her as much as possible. Soojin went to Miyeon playing with her fingers. "Mi did Shu baby say anything to you about being mad at me?" Miyeon looked confused. "Why would she be mad at you. You know our baby she loves us to much to stay mad at us." She smiled trying to comfort her not realizing her words planted a seed of doubt in her mind. 'she loves us to much to stay mad at us.' Does that mean she doesn't love me anymore? Soojin nodded and looked down tears in her eyes but she tried to hide it. "I have stuff to do at work I'll be late. I love you." She left the apartment and went to her office intending to drown herself in paperwork. 

Finally the day before her birthday Soojin worked up the courage and approached Shuhua. She felt many emotions and she didn't know which one was most prevalent. The fear that maybe Shuhua didn't love her anymore. The confusion of not knowing what she'd done wrong. The anger of the way Shuhua had been ignoring her. And the sadness as she thought about losing her girlfriend. 

That was until she looked Shuhua in the eyes. Sadness won as she began to cry in front of her "Did I do something wrong? D-do you not love me anymore?" 

Shuhua looked shocked her eyebrows getting really close together. Her arms quickly found their place around Soojins waist and she began to speak but was cut off by Soojin. "If you're gonna break up with me please just wait til after my birthday. I want one more good one please." She mumbled almost begging. Shuhuas heart broke. "Jinnie...I love you so much I wouldn't break up with you for anything." She pulled the older woman closer as she cried in her arms. Shuhua tried to comfort her laying light kisses on the top of her head as well as her temple and cheeks. "W-why have you been avoiding me?" Soojin asked her voice cracking as she spoke. Shuhua sighed softly. "Ah yeah well..." She couldn't tell her but she needed to tell her something. "I feel bad I haven't gotten your birthday present yet I wanted to get you something special but..." She told her part of the truth. "All I could find was one of those stupid girlfriend coupon books." Soojin looked up at her her fears alleviated a bit. "Hey anything from my Baby is enough for me...That's really all it is? I am not in trouble?" Shuhua pouted. "I should be the one asking if I'm in trouble. I'm sorry for neglecting you Jinnie I promise I won't do it again...Maybe I can bake the cake you like for your birthday that will be a second present." Soojin nuzzled into Shuhuas neck as she shifted their position a bit so Shuhua was sitting in her lap with her arm across Soojins shoulder. She missed being close to Shuhua closing her eyes she could finally relax. 

Miyeon walked in and could tell that Soojin had been crying and she sat beside them before laying so that her head was in Shuhuas lap. Soojin wrapped her arms around both girls waists holding them close. She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for ever doubting that you loved me Shu." Shuhua mumbled sleepily as she was falling asleep "it's okay I was trying really hard to not spoil the surprise..." She realized what she said and opened her eyes to meet an annoyed looking Miyeon. "Yeh Shuhua what did I say about keeping the secret! That's it no kisses for 2 weeks." Shuhua protested. "But you said 1 week!" Miyeon rolled her eyes crossing her arms. "Well now it's 2." They bickered for a while before Shuhua was able to act cute enough to make Miyeon forgive her. 

The next day their plans go pretty well. Soojins knew there was a surprise planned but she wasn't sure what it was. Shuhua and Miyeon had woken up early and made her stay in bed as the two of them made breakfast in bed for her. They spent much of the day just cuddling in the living room watching cheesy romance movies. But at about 5 Miyeon stood up and announced it was time to go. Shuhua had picked out a nice (y) dress for Soojin the night before and didn't tell her. "Shuhua picked your clothes they're all laying on the bed go get ready." They all got ready and in the car. Miyeon wouldn't tell her where they were going and Shuhua made her sit in the backseat so she couldn't see well. 

They arrived and as soon as she saw where they were she smiled as widely as she could. They went up and ate in a romantic dining area overlooking Seoul. 

"Are you enjoying dinner my loves?" Miyeon spoke. Soojin nodded happily and leaned over pecking her on the lips. "thank you for dinner it's great." Shuhua hummed happily as she ate she got a bit of sauce on her lip. "This is the best steak I've ever had." she spoke before looking at Soojin who was wiping for her. "Aside from Jinnies of course hers has the secret ingredient love in it."

After they finish dinner Miyeon drives them to a theater nearby. "Now I know how much you love plays and I know you love the notebook so..." She pointed to the sign on the front to indicate that's where they're going. Soojin smiled even wider if that was even possible. About 2 hours later as they walked out Shuhua recieved a text from yuqi in Mandarin saying that the apartment was ready and they'd taken Haku and Mata with them. And 'have fun use protection' at the end. She rolled her eyes. And nodded to Miyeon to indicate they could go home. 

As they arrived at home Soojin walked in clinging to Shuhuas side and kissing Miyeons cheek. She hadn't stopped smiling all night. "thank you for all that it's been a great birthday." Miyeon smiled "It's not over yet." Shuhua went and got the cake she had made from the kitchen a single candle on top and the words 'Happy birthday JinJin' written on top. "Come on time to blow out your candle." Soojin held each of their hands closing her eyes and blowing out the candle. 'I wish to have a beautiful loving family.' "Let me go change I don't want to get cake on this." Miyeon shook her head "There's stuff in there too." She winked. "You two did to much I don't deserve all this." Soojin pouted until Shuhua held a bite of cake up to her lips. "Shush you deserve everything now eat up so we can enter the last phase." 

The three of them all ate cake and once they were done both Miyeon and Shuhua took a hand and led her to the bedroom. There were romantic candles everywhere and rose petals all over their bed. Along with the petals on the bed were two boxes one from Shuhua and one from Miyeon. "Come on JinJin go open them." 

Soojin picked up the bigger box first and read the tag out loud. "from Shuhua with a lot of little hearts." She chuckled. As she opened it she saw the little coupon book that Shuhua had said something about and flipped through it. "Ooh free massage I might use that tonight. Thank you baby." she kissed Shuhua softly. 
 
Next she picked up the smaller one and read it. "From Miyeon to super y goddess girlfriend." She chuckled. "I love you dork." she opened it and saw three matching rings. Her eyes widened looking at Miyeon. "It's not a proposal yet but it is promise rings. I noticed you always looking at the stores." Soojin started crying as she pulled both women into a hug mumbling. "This is the best birthday ever thank you two so much. I love you." 

After she calmed down and Miyeon wiped her tears for her. "now I think the only surprise left is Shuhuas." Shuhua nodded and got a devious grin on her face. She pushed Soojin gently onto the bed. "Ready Mi?" The older woman nodded. The two of them began to remove their dresses to reveal new matching pink and black lingerie they were wearing. Soojin widened her eyes going dry as she watched. "You're gonna need that massage when we're done with you." Miyeon spoke and she was right.