Career?

Love³

Shuhua was waiting at the apartment. She had taken a half day at work to prepare herself for what she was going to do. She paced around nervously wiping her seemingly endlessly sweaty hands on her pants. "You can do this they'll still love you. " She gave herself a pep talk. Soojin standing just outside the door about to come in heard her and furrowed her brows. 'Why wouldn't we love her is she okay?' She thought to herself before walking in.

 

Soojin sat her bag on the floor and wrapped her arms around Shuhuas waist leaning her head into the girls neck taking a deep breath. "You're shaking what's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" She gently moved the girls hair back off of her face in a comforting gesture. 

 

Shuhua played with her fingers. "It's a family talk we need to wait for Miyeonnie." She was still to nervous. Soojin just tightened her grip. "Then let's take this to the bedroom and cuddle it'll help you calm down Shu." She kissed her cheek and pulled her twords their room.

 

After about an hour of them laying together legs tangled. Shuhuas head rested on Soojins stomach the older woman gently her hair. Shuhua felt a lot calmer. The door opened and Miyeon peaked in seeing them cuddling she smiled. "hello my beautiful babies." She leaned in and gave them both a peck on the forehead and held Shuhuas hand. "Am I invited to this comfy looking cuddle fest?" Shuhua didn't answer but tugged her hand for her to come into the bed. Miyeon took her jacket off and quickly changed into more comfortable clothes before climbing into bed with them. They adjusted their positions a bit with Soojin sitting up while Shuhua laid her head in her lap and Miyeon held Shuhua from behind. 

 

After a few minutes Shuhua could be heard sniffling. "I-I love you both so much" Miyeon looked at Shuhua worried. Her eyes flashed to Soojin to see if she knew what happened but she had a similar look of worry on her face. "Shu baby what happened?" Soojin cupped her cheek gently it. Shuhua sat up. "I've been thinking lately... about what I want to do with my life." She took both of their hands for courage. "B-But I don't want to be a burden on either of you." She looked down ashamed. Soojin lifted her chin gently. "And why would you be a burden on us? You know we love you and we love to take care of you." Shuhua nodded. "I would need to go to college.. And with work and college I'll be very busy..." Miyeon smiled. "Then quit your job angel. We know you don't like it anyway. And you should know how many times I've had to stop JinJin here from going up there to fight your boss." Miyeon winked at Soojin playfully trying to lighten the mood. Shuhua whined softly. "But if I quit I'll be a burden too what kind of 22 year old can't help pay bills." She crossed her arms. 

 

Soojin cupped her face. "We love you. And we support you in whatever you want to do. You remember when I was in school. I only took the bartending job because we weren't as stable yet. Miyeonnie took on most of the bills and I was so grateful to her for that. If she hadn't done that I wouldn't be teaching like I've always wanted. What makes you think we wouldn't do that for you?" She got a mischievous smirk. "Besides you could quit even if you just didn't want to work anymore. I don't know if you've noticed we're fine on money. You could be our cute little house wife. And a very very spoiled one at that" Miyeon smiled. "I do love to Spoil you. I love seeing the happy looks on your faces." 

 

They all laughed. "Have you thought of the School you want to go to? It's close to enrollment deadlines most places we need to get started." Shuhua looked at them tearing up again. "You're really okay with it?" They both smiled and nodded. "W-well there's a veterinarian school near Miyeonnies building." Soojin smiled. "Ah see I'm going to marry a doctor and a CFO every girls dream." She teased as she smiled. They all laughed and laid back in bed. Shuhua pulled out her phone and began to show the two women the school. Miyeon smiled. "I recognize this place I can drop you off and you can come have lunch with me at work." She smiled. 

 

A week later and Shuhua had put in her resignation at work and applied to the school she wanted to. With Soojin and Miyeon by her side she was less nervous. Though she still felt a bit like a burden to them they assured her she wasn't. Only a few more weeks passed when Shuhua got a letter in the mail she sat on the couch looking at the unopened envelope. She was to nervous to open it herself. As she stared at the envelope she wondered what time it was. 

 

It would be a few hours til her girlfriends got home so she decided to focus on something more productive. She began to bake a cake. And so she began. it didn't take long but as it chilled in the fridge she got dinner started as well. 

 

By the time Soojin and Miyeon got home everything was already at the table. The cake sat in the middle. Soojin widened her eyes. "Wait why is there a cake are we celebrating?!" Miyeon looked at her expectantly. Shuhua held up the envelope biting her lip nervously. "I-I don't know yet I was to scared to open it. So it's either we all celebrate with cake or you two get none and I eat the whole thing myself locked in the bathroom crying." She tried to joke but it sounded like a real possibility. Miyeon took the envelope and carefully cut through the top with her nail. "Now Shu my angel no matter what this envelope has in it you can keep trying. You're not any less smart and talented based on it okay?" Soojin nodded agreeing as she pulled Shuhua into a backhug resting her head gently on her shoulder. "You're still our baby." Shuhua took a deep breath and nodded. 

 

Miyeon pulled the envelope out and began to scan the contents. "Miss Yeh Shuhua we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to attend our veterinary training courses next semester. Due to your excellent test scores we believe you would be a good fit for our prestigious establishment. We look forward to seeing you next fall!" 

 

Shuhuas face showed no emotion for a moment. She was still processing everything that Miyeon had read. "S-so I'm going to be a vet?" Soojin cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. "Congrats Baobei!" Miyeon hugged them both tightly. "We're so proud of you angel. Next fall that's a bit of time we will need to get you a new book bag a new laptop..." Soojin added. "pens lots of pens and you gotta get good sensible shoes." Shuhua hugged them both tight crying into their shoulders. "I'm gonna be a vet! Haku Mata your mama is gonna be a vet!" The two dogs tilted their head not actually knowing what was happening but hearing their names. "So now it's celebration cake?" Soojin asked playfully.