Broken wing

Love³

Note: I usually try to proofread and check the word count on my chapters before posting them but I'm running behind. It will be a busy week for me but I do have a separate oneshot that came to my mind that just needs a little working before it's ready. So hopefully I can get that out this week to help make up for this terrible chapter. 

 

Soojin had skipped lunch yet again. She was working hard to finalize a choreography she'd been working on and didn't have time to eat. Her friend Minnie had become worried this was the 3rd time this week. She stepped into Soojins classroom. "Yah Seo Soojin why are you..." She watched almost as if in slow motion. Soojin twisted around and fell to the floor her right arm made first contact with the floor. 

"" Soojin muttered as tears came to her eyes almost immediately. The pain in her arm quickly increasing. "I'll go get Taeyeon!" Minnie ran out of the room leaving the injured Soojin on the floor. 

After a few moments Taeyeon came to the room alone. "Minnie went to get Irene. You know didn't I tell you yesterday to stop skipping lunch?" She helped her up and to the couch. "You work hard you deserve food at the very least." Soojin looked at her dizzy from the pain. "Tae unnie do you have a pain pill?" Taeyeon shook her head. "I'm sure Irene will bring one. She and Minnie will be back any minute." She grabbed a water bottle for her sitting beside her on the couch. "So am I calling Miyeon or Shuhua?" Soojin shook her head. "No no please don't we don't even know I'm actually injured yet." Taeyeon gave her the 'are you serious?' look. "Seo Soojin your elbow is purple already. Now am I calling Shuhua or Miyeon?" Soojin looked down. "Shuhua she's at home today..." Taeyeon pulled out her phone and walked into the hall. 

"Hey Shuhua yeah your girlfriend was being stubborn and hurt herself...She was practicing during lunch hours instead of eating...We don't know how bad it is yet Minnie went to get Irene..." She listened to the girl on the other end of the call. "Yep I'll tell her. Seeya soon." 

As she hung up the phone Irene and Minnie came around the corner with supplies. "She's in there Shuhua says don't hurt her but also don't be to easy on her." Irene tilted her head. "How does that work?" She just went in shaking her head. "Well hello Soojin I hear we've been misbehaving and now need Nurse Bae to help." Soojin looked grumpy. "Pain pill please." Irene sat everything down and pulled out some medicine giving it to the girl who took it immediately. "Thank you." She mumbled still dizzy. 

Irene began to examine her arm. "Well I can tell now that it is luckily just a sprain. You should be more careful from now on. And make sure to eat at proper times or you will get dizzy and fall again." She continued to lecture her about the importance of eating when she was supposed to while wrapping her arm. As she finished she said. "And so next time I have to come wrap your appendages for you because you were being stubborn I will make sure to not be as careful got it?" She warned. Soojin nodded. 

Just then the door flew open with Shuhua standing there. "Yah Yeh Soojin what's this about you getting hurt cause you wouldn't stop overworking yourself? And you didn't eat? Just wait til we get home I already texted Miyeonnie about it she said she'll be there as soon as her meeting is over." Soojin whines softly. "I don't want a lecture Shu I'm in enough pain." Shuhua sighed. "Thanks for calling me yayeon unnie and nice to see you again Minnie unnie when you're not flirting with my girlfriend. And thank you for the help miss?" Irene smiled. "Irene Irene Bae." Shuhua bowed. "Nice to meet you Irene thank you for taking care of my stubborn girlfriend here." Irene smiled softly chuckling. "I have a wife very similar to your girlfriend in this way she just can't stop working." Taeyeon patted Soojins back. "I'll see you in 2 or 3 weeks and don't worry your class will be covered I have a friend who owes me a lot of money." She smiled sending the two off. Soojin got a mini lecture on the way home. 

When they got home Miyeon was already waiting outside pacing around worriedly and a bit irritated.  When she saw the car pull into the driveway she made her way to it. Soojin quickly locked her door and rolled down the window a little. "No lectures please." She pouted at the older woman. Miyeon raised an eyebrow. "No lectures? So I'm just supposed to pret-" Soojin rolled up the window. Miyeon looked at her shocked. Soojin rolled it down again. "I said no lectures." Miyeon looked at Soojin annoyed. Soojin looked down like she was gonna cry. 

Miyeon sighed. "Come on out JinJin I won't lecture you." She held her arms open. Soojin immediately got out and leaned into Miyeons arms clutching her shirt with her good hand. "I'm sorry." She whispered. Miyeon sighed. "I'm just worried I don't like seeing my babies hurt. I love you." Soojin sniffled a bit. "I love you too. can we go in?" Shuhua had already brought her stuff in. "let's go." Miyeon helped her into the house. "Okay now some rules cause I know how stubborn you are. You cannot cook or clean. You can't sleep next to Shuhua cause she moves to much in her sleep. And you can't use random objects to scratch under your wrap they might get stuck and hurt you more." Soojin pouted. "You just want an excuse to sleep between us all week." She knew it wasn't true but she hated the idea of not being next to Shuhua at all for Two weeks. She stomped off to their room. Miyeon sighed. "I'll order dinner..." She looked down as she began to open her phone her face showed she was hurt. 

Shuhua felt bad for Miyeon. She went into the room. "Jinnie... that was mean..." Soojin laid on the bed snuggling Miyeons pillow crying into it. She felt bad but the whole situation had made her irrational. "I-i'll tell her I'm sorry after I calm down..." Shuhua laid behind her wrapping her arm around her waist. "She just wants to look out for you. It's not often you're the one being clumsy and hurting yourself it's kinda scary." She played with her hair. Soojin hugged Miyeons pillow tighter calming down as she could smell her. "Shu will you get her for me?" Shuhua kissed her cheek. "Well of course anything for my Jinnie." She got up and went to the living room where she saw Miyeon sitting on the couch her head leaning back and her eyes closed something she did when she was stressed or upset. Shuhua sat on her lap. "Jinnie wants to talk to you." She smiled at her. "She was crying cause she felt bad." Miyeon sighed and gently moved shuhua. "Wish me luck then."

As she entered the room she saw Soojin struggling to sit up. "JinJin you could have waited and asked for help." She quickly sat her up. Soojin looked embarrassed. "I'm not used to needing help. I'm the one who takes care of you two." She teared up again. Miyeon pulled her into a hug. "Hey stop that crying. We like taking care of you too. You're important and we want you to be happy and healthy." Soojin nuzzled into her neck mumbling. "I'm sorry for being rude earlier..." Miyeon kissed her head. "I was hurt but I understand your frustrated. Thank you JinJin."

After a bit of time of Soojin apologizing and Miyeon telling her she's forgiven the door bell rang. Shuhua skipped to the door and answered it seeing a familiar face smiling. "Hey Yeri what are you doing delivering?" Yeri smiled softly. "My brother was in a small accident his leg is broken so I'm helping out. Just for a few weeks. Then I get to go back to just one job. I'm so tired Shu." She pouted. Shuhua smiled and pulled out her wallet giving the girl a generous tip before saying loudly. "Ehem Goodbye gorgeous delivery girl who I totally don't know!" Yeri rolled her eyes. Soojin and Miyeon popped out of the room glaring at Yeri. Said girl bowed. "Shu why do you always do this What if I did that with my girlfriends they're scary too you know." She shook her head. Bye Soojin unnie. Bye Miyeon unnie."

Shuhua skipped to the table humming as she served the food for each of them. "come on lets eat and then I'll do the dishes." Soojin tried to complain but it fell on deaf ears as her girlfriends were having no part of it. 

 Shuhua had finished the dishes. "They're already done nothing for you to wash. All you're in charge of is picking the movie and being cute." Soojin pouted. It was going to be a long two weeks. 

After 2 and a half weeks Soojin and Shuhua arrived at the school. Soojin quickly got out of the car. "I'm ready to get this stupid wrap off and get back to class." Shuhua got out and went to her side carrying her bag. "Then come on lets go see Irene unnie." 

The two entered the school and made a bee line for the nurses office. "Irene how's my favorite nurse? Missed me yet?" Soojin smiled at her. Irene looked up from the book she was engrossed in. "Soojin you act like I didn't see you just three days ago." She sighed and stood up. "Have a seat." Soojin sat on the bed and Shuhua sat in Irene's chair picking up the book the older woman had been reading. Irene pulled the wrap off and gently inspected Soojins arm. "Well the swelling and the bruising is gone. I need you to be honest with me now I'm going to move your arm and you tell me if it hurts." Soojin nodded. Irene began to move it around looking for any signs of pain. Soojin smiled at her. All the pain was gone. "Alright you're free." Irene spoke. "I'm free?!" Soojin jumped up excitedly hugging Irene tightly. "Yay I can't wait to be back!" Irene smiled softly at the younger girl before turning to Shuhua. "Hey Seo Shuhua get out of my chair." Shuhua looked up at her from the book. "You know unnie I never would have guessed your into this kinda stuff." Irene widened her eyes and snatched the book. "Get her out of here please." Soojin took Shuhuas hand and led her to the office. "Where is my favorite principal?" Tiffany was playing on her phone. "In her office probably dead?" She said nonchalantly. Shuhua raised an eyebrow. Tiffany didn't even look up. "Oh yeah I sent her a picture of the book I saw Irene reading." She smirked mischievously. 

Soojin made her way to Taeyeons office. "Hey are you alive in here?" Taeyeon called them in. "That woman will be the death of me. But at least I'll die with a good view." She saw Soojins arm. "Ah so you're finally free? Well I guess it's time to talk about your suspension for not setting a good example for the kids." Soojin looked panicked until she saw Taeyeon smiling at her mischievously. She rolled her eyes. "You almost gave me a heart attack. So I'm curious do I get meet this substitute teacher?" Taeyeon nodded. "You know where to find her." She went to her classroom and from the door she could see a short woman with blonde hair in a ponytail teaching the kids how to pop. 

One of the kids jumped up. "Miss Seo you're back we missed you!!" she ran and hugged Soojin. The woman turned to look. "I didn't know I was that bad of a teacher." She said quietly. Shuhua laughed. "You're probably not bad my girlfriend here just has a way with everyone. No one can resist her charms. I've never known anyone to not adore her. I'm Miss Yeh Shuhua Miss Seos future wife well one of two and you are?" The woman smiled. "I'm uhh Mrs Seo also but different Seo mines by marriage. You can just call me Hyoyeon." Shuhua nodded. "Nice to meet you Hyoyeon. Now I'm curious what bet did you make with Taeyeon you know how scary she can be."