Huong

Love³

TW: Character Death and Grieving

 

 

 

It's been a few weeks since that day. Miyeon can still remember the sound of the phone hitting the floor as Shuhua let out the first sob. 

 

"Angel? What's wrong?" She quickly made her way to the girls side wrapping her arms around her body pulling her into a hug. "He's gone Yeonnie...He's gone..." She gathered the fabric of the older woman shirt as she pressed her face into her shoulder sobbing harder. "Who's gone? What happened?" Miyeon pulled back holding Shuhua away from herself to look at her. "What happened?" Shuhua's body shook as she cried harder barely able to squeak out a reply. "Huong's dead..." Miyeon was shocked. "Your cousin? He's not much older than you what happened?" She cupped her cheek wiping her tears and pulling her close again. "Gas leak..." Miyeon walked to the couch pulling Shuhua with her. "Alright come on. I'll text Soojin to get home and we'll cuddle til you're feeling up to talking." She laid on the couch pulling the younger woman to lay beside her. 

 

With the weeks passing Shuhua began to act a bit more like herself but she still had moments of weakness. "I could have done more. I could have been a better cousin. We were raised together and I don't think I ever told him I loved him!" Soojin was with her this time holding her close. "Baobei I'm sure he knew. You're not really affectionate with anyone other than Miyeon and I but you have your ways of showing it." She ran her fingers through the woman's long black hair. "I never said it... I should have said it..." 

 

Another time Shuhua had ventured out on her own. She was having a good day so she decided to go grab some food and wine as a thank you to both fiancees. As she tiptoed still not quite able to reach the bottle she wanted a tall man appeared beside her grabbing it from the top shelf before offering it to her. "There you go. You've got to be careful if you accidentally lean too much even a small child could knock these shelves over." Shuhua looked at him in shock a bit bewildered. "Oh thank you..." She sounded a bit too quiet but he just barely heard her. "No problem have a good day." He grabbed a different bottle before walking away. His nose. His eyes. Even the smile. The stupid little grin. Almost identical to Huong's. She had quickly made her way to the register managing to breath through it as the wave of emotion hit her. She pulled out her phone and shakily dialed the first person she knew wouldn't be busy today. "A-amber... can you come get me?.." By the time the older taiwanese woman got there Shuhua was sitting on the sidewalk by the store tucked away where she wouldn't be seen. Her head on her knees as she sobbed into them. "Hey. Shu. Come on let's get to the car so we can talk in private." She gently pulled the woman to her feet before all but carrying her to the waiting car with Krystal in the front seat. 

 

Shuhua had managed to get out of school long enough to travel home and see her family for the memorial. "I don't want this to be sad." Her aunt had said. "I want this to be a celebration of him." She spent two weeks there Miyeon was able to follow after a few days but had to leave after a few more due to work. "I love you Angel please stay strong and come back to us." She had hugged the woman tightly. 

 

Finally after what seemed like forever Shuhua was almost back to normal. She didn't cry at every thought. She didn't see his face on strangers. She didn't constantly feel the dread and guilt from not being closer to him. She laid in bed early one Sunday morning. Miyeon and Soojin were on either side of her all three of them feeling a bit too lazy to get up just yet. With her back pressed into Miyeon she faced Soojin who ran her finger down her face tucking her hair behind her ear. "Hey Baobei. Miyeon and I were talking last night while you showered. We just thought we should let you know how proud of you we are." She felt tears coming to her eyes as Miyeon placed soft kisses to her bare shoulder. "We know this has all been so hard for you. And it's gonna take time to finish healing but..." She sighed with a soft smile wiping the woman's tears. "You're so strong." Miyeon hummed as she pressed a kiss into the back of her neck. "So strong." She repeated Soojin's words. Shuhua wiped her eyes attempting to calm herself. "I love you both so much. Thank you for being here for me and taking care of me." Soojin took the younger woman hand lacing their fingers together. She placed gentle kisses along the woman's knuckles. "Anything for you Baobei. Anything." She felt Miyeon's face press into her neck no longer kissing just offering more contact. More comfort. There was no better place for her to be than with the two in these situations. She loved her family but the comfort she got from these two women was much more powerful. She wouldn't trade them for the world. 

 

As she relaxed again she sighed softly. "I think..." She looked at Miyeon for a moment before turning to Soojin again. Miyeon had dyed her hair blonde a while back and was currently sporting a soft pink color. She thought it looked really good just as good as the maroon color Soojin's hair had been dyed. "I think I want to dye my hair. And get another tattoo. That'll make me feel better." 

 

A few days she exited the tattoo shop sporting a new tattoo dedicated to her cousin with her newly blonde hair tied up in a messy bun. "Huong I hope you like this tattoo. It hurt a lot." She smiled as she put her hand over the spot on her elbow where there was a small heart along with an H and the date he died. "I miss you dummy." 

 

Note: Sorry I've been gone. At first it was writers block but then stuff happened. Sadly this chapter is loosely based on some of my own issues. Sorry my first time back in a while was so sad but at the moment it's what I needed to write I hope you will understand. Hopefully I'll get more out sooner this time.