Meet the Seos

Love³

Soojin stared at Shuhua with wide eyes as she asked. "Come on JinJin we've been together for almost two years and I haven't met your family! Are you ashamed of me or something?" 

 

Soojin went to her hugging her tightly. "No no baby it's nothing like that... It's just... My Appa he's a little..." Miyeon finished. "Crazy." Soojin hit her arm. "Eccentric. My mom is a high school teacher she teaches home economics at her school you know cooking and stuff. My Appa... He uhh..." Miyeon leaned onto Soojins shoulder with a lollipop in . "He teaches a course on 'Urban legends and cryptids' at the community college." 

 

Soojin rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Yeah what she said. I was embarrassed when Miyeon met him...I'm sorry Baobei..." Shuhua hugged her. "I still want to meet them. They're going to be my in-laws soon right?" Soojin nodded and kissed her forehead. "I'll go call mom."

 

Later that night the three women were in the porch of a interesting looking house. It was painted a soft lilac with darker purple trims. It's shape and size looked almost akin to something from a fairytale. "Wow..." Shuhua looked up at it. "Oh by the way my sister will be here for dinner also. Her and her wife just moved here about a month or two ago. She's been very busy." Shuhua smiled. She hadn't had a chance to meet Soojins sister. She much like the rest of the family was a teacher. But she chose a more practical subject. 

 

They heard a woman clearing and looked. Shuhua looked at the tall woman her business casual clothes telling a lot about her as well as her hair in a neatly curled hair and light makeup. "Honey wait up!" A short blonde woman ran behind her she was pulling a button down over her tank top and trying to tuck it into her skirt quickly. 

 

Shuhua eyes the woman for a moment before recognizing her. "Hey wait you-" Soojin cut her off. "My sub?" Her older sister couldn't help but smirk. "Well actually she's my sub but that's not what you meant." Soojin looked horrified. "Joohyun unnie gross! I don't want to hear about your love life. Anyway she subbed for my class when I sprained my arm!" Shuhua smiled at her. "Hyoyeon right? Nice to see you again unnie! It's a small world huh?" Hyoyeon smiled. "Oh yeah how's your arm feeling?" she asked Soojin. 

 

Miyeon bowed to Joohyun. She had briefly met the older Seo when she and Soojin started dating. "Nice to see you again unnie. I see you're well." Joohyun bowed back then ushered them in. "Come one we don't want to keep Eomma and Appa waiting." Everyone went inside. 

 

Soojin went to the kitchen immediately washing her hands then helping finish dinner prep. Miyeon washed up and began to set the table. Shuhua felt lost. She didn't know what to do to help. Joohyun came up behind her and patted her back gently. "Would you like to come help me outside?" Shuhua tilted her head. "Sure?" 

 

The two went outside and to the older Seos car. The woman opened the trunk and there were two big bags filled with stuff. "I have some holidays to make up for." She smiled at the younger woman. "Yes there's something in here for you as well an engagement present." Shuhua took both of the bags making the older woman chuckle. "I can get one of them." Shuhua shook her head. "I got them if you would be willing to get the door unnie." 

 

Joohyun smiled and shook her head. 'This girl is cute and sweet. Two points.' She thought to herself. She walked ahead of Shuhua and opened the door for her. Shuhua smiled and bowed her head. "Thank you unnie!" 'Polite. Three points.' She closed the door behind them and directed Shuhua to the living room. "We will leave these til after dinner let's go wash up." The two went to wash their hands before making their way to the kitchen.

 

Shuhua walked in seeing Soojin with a cutting board. "Could I help with anything?" 'Helpful. Four points.' Soojin accidentally cut her finger as she looked up at Shuhua. She tried to hide it but Shuhua could tell she was hurting. The younger woman rushed to her side and wrapped a towel around her finger. "Where are the bandaids and stuff?" Soojin began to walk twords the bathroom. 

 

After a moment the two came out and Shuhua kissed Soojins finger and then her forehead. "Go sit I'll finish chopping." 'Caring and loving. Six points.' Joohyun watched as Shuhua chopped the veggies a bit irregularly it was clear she wasn't made for cooking. But she was trying her best. 

 

Once dinner was ready and Mrs Seo tried to shoo Shuhua away to the table. "You're a guest honey you should let me serve." Shuhua shook her head. "No please I'm going to be apart of the family soon I'd like to help." Joohyun smiled and stepped in. "Eomma go sit Shuhua and I can handle this." Mrs Seo gave in and went letting the two serve dinner. 

 

They we're talking over dinner and Soojin was telling about her injured arm and how Shuhua and Miyeon had taken care of her. "Shuhua would not let me doing anything that she thought might hurt me even when I got mad at her." Shuhua admired her lovingly. "I couldn't risk my JinJin getting even more hurt could I?" Soojin pinched her cheek lightly before kissing her forehead. "You're such a sweetheart Baobei you're gonna be the best vet ever." 

 

Joohyun tilted her head. "Vet? I hear it's hard to get into veterinary school." Miyeon spoke up. "Our little Shuhua here is super smart she's just shy about it." Soojin nodded agreeing. 'Smart and bashful. Eight points.' Shuhua puffed her cheeks. "Uhuh and what about all the times you laughed at my pronunciation? was that to make me feel smarter?" She glared teasingly at them. 'Playful. Nine.' 

 

Miyeon and Joohyun were doing the dishes when Shuhua and Soojin entered the kitchen. Shuhua stood behind Soojin hugging her as the two looked at Miyeon. "What's with you two?" She asked laughing softly. "We we're talking about how lucky we are to have you and how beautiful you are. We decided to see if you were almost done." Shuhua blew her a kiss. 'Romantic maybe a little cheesy but romantic. Ten.' 

 

They sat on the couch everyone talking. Shuhua was to Soojins right her head resting on the woman's shoulder. Her eyes were begining to feel heavy and she was dozing off. Soojin looked at Shuhua a soft smile on her face. She pulled a blanket from the back of the couch over Shuhua and kissed her forehead. 'And most important of all Soojin loves her back.' Joohyun smiled. 

 

As they were getting ready to leave Joohyun pulled Soojin to the side. "Well congratulations. You found them. The two people made for you." Soojin smiled. "You like her?" Joohyun nodded. "Oh yeah she and Miyeon both got a perfect score."

 

Soojin looked confused. "Ah yes well every time you would bring someone home when we were in school I would keep track of certain things. If they were caring sweet loyal etcetera. The highest anyone ever got was a six. Then when you brought Miyeon home and I saw how she treated you she had all the good qualities and most importantly I could see the love in her eyes. I thought then that there was no one who came close to perfect for you like Miyeon did. But now I see that Shuhua is the same...I'm your unnie I want the best for you and I can see that that's exactly what those two women are." 

 

Soojin pouted. "Unnie you shouldn't score them they're not show dogs." Joohyun chuckled. "No but they're going to marry my baby sister so I need to know that they're good enough." She hugged her. "Just out of curiosity...What if they didn't do well enough?" joohyun smirked. 

 

"Remember Hui?" Soojin nodded. "I told him to break up with you in the most gentle way possible because I knew he was cheating on you." Soojin gasped. "He was cheating and you knew and didn't tell me??" Joohyun hummed. "I found out at dinner he payed a lot of attention to his phone. Anyway I made him break up with you so that you wouldn't find out and think badly of yourself. I know how insecure you can be and I didn't want that." Soojin hugged her sister. "You still shouldn't grade people." Joohyun chuckled holding her sister close. "Well I won't have to anymore these two will last." Soojin nodded. 

 

They all left promising to do it again soon. "So she really graded us?" Miyeon asked. Soojin nodded. "She said you two did well." Shuhua tapped her chin. "Who got the higher grade?" Soojin laughed softly as Miyeon pouted. "You both got perfect scores"

 

Note: I'm sorry I took so long to post anything it's been a long and tiring week. And sorry about this barely edited chapter. Hopefully I'll get back on track! But I also have a half written fic that I might just go ahead and post the first chapter of even though I'm not done with the fic.