SPARK annual Easter egg hunt

Love³

Soojin watched as Taeyeon climbed onto the stage with Tiffany at her side. "Thank you all for coming today! I'm happy to see so many smiling faces. So many of you know the rules already but for those who don't... Mrs.Tiffany and I came in early this morning and hid about a thousand eggs eggs. Most of them have money in them but... Fifty of them do not. In those Fifty eggs there will be a small gold slip of paper inside with a number corresponding to one of these special prizes." 

 

Tiffany motioned to a table covered in toys gift cards and as one boy pointed out in the center there was a signed album. "And yes the hunt is open to adults as well. For the adults there are twenty-five eggs with adult prizes. Vacation vouchers. Large gift cards that type of thing. All prize eggs will be pink while other eggs will vary in color. The only difference in prize eggs will be adult eggs will be marked with a star." She looked around the room. "I'd say there are about one hundred people participating this year?" She looked at Tiffany who did a 'So-so' Motion with her hand. "One hundred and Fifty six." 

 

Taeyeon nodded. "So the competition is steep. With that being said... On go you may go and start searching ... One... Two... Three... Go!" With that all the students and teachers who were participating exited the auditorium. Soojin being the dance teacher and surprisingly agile was able to get away from the group fairly quickly. 

 

Behind her Minnie was struggling to keep up with her. "Soojinnnn wait for me!" Soojin ignored her finding an egg on top of an open door. "Be faster then." She walked into the room snatching another from inside a desk. Minnie saw one on the projector on the ceiling. "The media room is pretty decked out isn't it?" She stood on a chair and grabbed the egg. Soojin looked at her grabbing an egg that Minnie had apparently not seen taped to the bottom of the chair. 

 

"Well when there's only four classrooms that need projectors and desks it's possible to get better quality stuff." She put the egg in Minnie's basket. "Awe I knew you loved me!" Soojin rolled her eyes. "I felt bad for taking such an obvious egg." Minnie laughed at her as she got down from the chair. Soojin went to the teachers desk and there inside a mug was a bright pink egg. "Aha! Got one!" Minnie looked at her. "Ooh what's the number?" Soojin picked it up and saw a little black star on it. She opened it and saw the gold paper. "Star sixteen. Hopefully it's something good." Soojin went to the next room with Minnie in tow. 

 

"I can't believe they let partners join." Miyeon Said as she walked into the girls bathroom. "Oh yeah totally can't believe it..." Shuhua said with a suspicious look on her face. "I totally didn't sway that decision at all." Miyeon gave her a weird look as she pulled an egg from the bottom of the hand dryer. "You know how dirty those things are?" Shuhua pointed to the hand dryer getting distracted. "Hopefully that means there's more money in it. And back on topic. What did you do?" Shuhua laughed. "I just told Yay-yeon unnie that if she let us join we'd have her and Tiffany over for dinner. We were talking about it before anyway. Plus Minnie and a date if she has one. Oh and Nayeon and Mina too. I figured we were due for a dinner party." 

 

Miyeon opened the janitors closet and spotted three eggs immediately. One blue one purple and one pink. "Ooh look what I found." She showed Shuhua. She took the pink egg putting it in her own basket before putting the other two in Shuhua's. "Anyway. Soojin's gonna kill you for that. She likes cooking but for that many people? Maybe we could help? We could invite Joohyun unnie. Both Joohyun unnies and their wives of course. They've never been in a room together we'll have to have a nickname for one of them." Shuhua laughed softly. "The kids will be excited to have so many people to give them attention." Shuhua walked out twords the boys bathroom pulling Miyeon with her. 

 

Nayeon ran into the gym with Mina on her back holding a selfie stick with a small go pro attached to it. "So what's this blog going to be called again?" Nayeon smiled. "Inside the annual SPARK Easter egg hunt." Mina nodded. "So we really have to find something good." Nayeon nodded. "Preferably." Mina got down from her back and gave her the selfie stick. "This thing is cool by the way." She looked at the small camera that had a Three Sixty lens. "Well I gotta get all angles that way the fans can yell at the screen when we miss an egg." She saw in the corner of the room some rolled up gymnastics mats. "This looks like where there would be eggs." She was right directly on top there was a blue egg matching the mats. She made sure the camera saw it before she grabbed it. "See guys I'm so smart." Mina rolled her eyes playfully as she opened the door beside it to the storage closet. There was one single pink egg it was hidden with the weighted balls. Mina picked it up and looked at the little star on it. "But I'm smarter." She winked. 

 

"Home field advantage she helps with the gymnastics classes sometimes too." She nodded at the camera. Mina shook her head laughing as she made her way to the rings. She could see from afar that there were five eggs one tapped to each ring. "Aha!" She tried to reach them but was struggling. Nayeon took the end of the selfie stick with the camera on it in her hand holding it carefully as she used the other end to tip the eggs off for Mina to catch. Mina caught all except for one. Nayeon instead caught it and held it out to Mina with a small smirk. "Milady. Can I offer you a nice egg in these trying times?" Mina rolled her eyes. "That was the worst and you know it." She took the egg and put it in her basket. "Yeah but you still love me." Mina laughed and looked under the spring board. "Oh look!" She pulled out another pink egg. "Woo!" 

 

After an hour and a half everyone was gathered into the auditorium again. "Okay okay now everyone settle down." Taeyeon called over the mic. "You will now have five minutes to trade eggs if you want. Kids get those star eggs to the adults and make them give you something good for it." 

 

Soojin stood beside her friends and her fiancees when a boy from her class approached her. "Excuse me Miss Seo. I have an adult egg do you have a regular prize egg I could trade for?" He asked politely. Shuhua smiled. "I've got one we can trade!" She held up the egg. Soojin smiled. "Oh Shuyang. This is my fiancee Shuhua. Shuhua this is Shuyang. He's from my hip-hop class." Shuhua tilted her head. "Shuyang? That sounds Chinese." She spoke in Mandarin. "It's cause it is ma'am. Ren Shuyang from Pingyao." He bowed. "Ah I am Yeh Shuhua from Taoyun in Taiwan." 

 

The two spoke for a moment in Mandarin Shuhua gave the boy advice for moving to Korea and learning Korean. He thanked her and then they traded eggs. Soojin smiled at Shuhua lovingly. After he walked away she nudged the younger woman. "Thank you. He's had a rough time so I'm sure that helped a lot." Shuhua wanted to ask but figured it wasn't her place to know. "It's no problem I understand Korea can be intimidating when you're you first get here." She smiled. Miyeon on the other hand while they were talking had noticed how few eggs the boy had and slipped a few of hers into his basket without anyone noticing. Almost no one that is. 

 

Nayeon nudged Miyeon and leaned close whispering. "That was very nice of you. Very sneaky. But one thing. You know the camera is still on right? And it catches everything. He'll probably see." Miyeon rubbed the back of her neck and laughed. "Any chance you could edit that out?" Nayeon shook her head. "It'd be good for the public to see the generous CFO of the Cho company. You are after all one of the faces of the brand." Miyeon nodded. "Well yeah but won't it look like a pr stunt? Especially since you're a brand ambassador now." She shrugged. "So what if it does. You just snuck like eight eggs into that boys basket. You don't even know what was inside them. That could have been a lot of money for him you never know." 

 

Taeyeon came to the Microphone again. "Okay! Times up are there any children who still have adult eggs? If so come to the front now please." Three kids walked up front and Taeyeon found three adults to trade them. "Now if I could have all the children come to the front to collect their prizes." About thirty kids came to the front a few with two or three eggs in hand. "Okay kids open your eggs and get in order from one to fifty." The kids organized themselves. Shuyang ended up pretty close to the begining. Taeyeon began to call on the numbers handing out prizes. 

 

When she got to Shuyang she gave him a huge stuffed sloth toy. "If this isn't to your liking I'm sure someone would be willing to trade with you." Taeyeon told him quietly. He shook his head and smiled. "I'll give it to my little sister she loves sloths." He flashed her a huge smile. "What a sweet kid." She looked at Tiffany who handed her the extra gift card they accidentally bought. And gave it to him whispering. "Here for being so thoughtful. And besides I don't want you leaving here without a prize." He tried to give it back. "Ah Mrs.Kim I'm just doing what a big brother should!" She shook her head. "And I'm just doing what a principal should and encouraging my students to be kind." She nodded. 

 

They made it through the kids portion and began to go through the adults. She organized it the same as before. "Number Four." Miyeon stepped forward and got a Starbucks gift card for fifty dollars. "Nice thank you!" Taeyeon smiled and moved on. "Number seven." Mina was next she stepped up and received a steam gift card for one hundred dollars. "Yessss I'm going to buy all the games!" She looked excited. "Number eleven." Nayeon got a Amazon gift card for fifty. "Number sixteen." Soojin got a new back massager. "Number seventeen." Shuhua got a voucher for a four plane tickets to anywhere. "Ooh! This will come in handy!" They were at the end. "And lastly. Number twenty five." Minnie who had been given a pink egg by Mina in exchange for several eggs stepped up and received a big pink sweater. "This looks so comfy I can't wait!" She held it to her face feeling the softness. 

 

After saying goodbye and everyone had left the group stayed behind to help clean up after everyone. "That was fun." Shuhua picked up the last piece of trash. "I never got to do an Easter egg hunt as a kid so it was very fun!" Minnie clapped excitedly. They chatted for a bit before everyone left. 

 

"How much money did you two get?" Miyeon asked. Soojin counted her money quickly. "Three hundred and fourty two." They looked at Shuhua who was focused her tongue sticking out a bit. "Two hundred and one." Miyeon nodded. "Wow you two did good." Soojin nudged her. "What about you?" Miyeon hummed. "Oh I didn't get any." Shuhua widened her eyes. "What happened you had like twelve?!" Miyeon smiled. "I gave four to Minnie to help her talk Mina into giving her a prize egg." Soojin tilted her head. "And what about the others?" Miyeon shrugged. "I may have also given them to someone." Soojin smiled as she understood. "Awe baby you're so sweet." Shuhua was confused. "She gave them to Shuyang." Soojin explained pinching Shuhua's cheek. "Ah yeah Yeonnie that's so nice!" Miyeon hummed. "Well I didn't need it I've got everything I need right here with me in the car." She smiled at the two proudly. 

 

Note: Sorry if this is a little unhinged. I wrote it just now and did not edit it. I'll probably go back and edit it later when I have more energy. I wanted to put out a nice filler chapter before we got to more wedding stuff. The cake choosing chapter is half written. Any Gfriend fans? Cause they're the special guests for the next one.