Say Yes to the dress Pt.2 (Soojin)

Love³

Soojin walked into the shop. "I heard the woman who makes the dresses here is the best around." Tiffany was speaking excitedly as she trailed after the younger woman. "Thank you Minnie for suggesting it. It looks so nice." Minnie nodded and smiled. "Yeah no problem my dad's old business partner is the uncle of the woman who makes the dresses. So I always come here when I need something. She does amazing work." 

 

Tiffany hummed excited. "You know there are plenty of dresses you could straight up buy off the rack also." Soojin nodded "I'll look maybe try a few on but...I kinda already know what I want." Soojin looked a little embarrassed. Truthfully she had been planning her wedding since she was a little girl. She had done drawings of her dream dress when she was little many times. 

 

Minnie smiled. "Cute!" A small woman with pink hair walked up to them. "Hello welcome to styles by Somnia. My name is Gahyeon what can I help you find today?" Tiffany looked at the girl and gasped. "Her hair...You're so cute with your pink hair and your cute little chubby cheeks." She was having a hard time resisting the urge to pinch her cheeks. "Yah!" A loud woman was heard. "Don't touch my child!" 

 

"Yah unnie I'm not your child. Just cause You and Siyeon unnie are married now doesn't mean you can adopt me suddenly." the woman laughed. "No the fact that you have your own dedicated room in our house. And eat dinner with us at least twice a week does. And not to mention every time you-" was quickly covered. "Unnie don't embarrass me or I'm going to kick you."

 

She turned to the group her eyes lighting up. "Minnie! What are you doing here? And with friends?" She gasped. "Is this a bridal party? Are you getting married!? Do I get to design your wedding dress!?!" Minnie laughed. "Yes. No. And yes. It is a bridal party I am not the bride though." 

 

She patted Soojins back. "This is my good friend Soojin she's going to be your client. And she already knows what she wants. But..." She smiled. "We've got two hours before we meet up with her fiancees and their bridesmaids for lunch so... Let's try on some dresses?" Bora nodded. "Let's go!" 

 

After about thirty minutes of trying on dresses bride and bridesmaids alike they went to Bora's office. "Okay first things first I do need you to take off your sweater...you have a shirt or something under it right?" Soojin nodded and pulled off the sweater now in a tank top. "Perfect okay if you would follow me and stand in the center so I can take your measurements."

 

Bora took her to a small platform helping her onto it. "Do you know about the size heels you'll be wearing?" Soojin thought for a moment. "Well probably three inches? I don't want to accidentally trip on my wedding day..." Bora nodded and smiled. "I tripped on mine but my appa caught me." She gave Soojin a wedge to stand on to simulate the heels and began to take measurements. As she got them she would tell gahyeon who would write it down on a sheet of paper. 

 

Tiffany watched intrigued. "So you just fill in the blanks?" She asked Gahyeon. The girl smiled and nodded. "Yeah see all the standard information goes here. Then the next page is style choices like cut color fabric then the last page is where Bora unnie does her magic." Gahyeon showed Tiffany the paper with a rough sketch of Soojins body type. "Here she can make a visual of what Soojin will want I usually draw this part up and let Bora unnie fix it while she's drawing the dress."

 

Bora finished with the measurements and helped Soojin down. They all say around Bora's desk. "Okay now you said you know what you want but I want to know how open to suggestions are you?" Soojin hummed as she thought. "Well I trust that you know what you're doing so I would like to see what you think if that's fine." Bora smiled. "That's what I like to hear. Okay so let's fill this let out so I can get to sketching." Soojin looked at the paper impressed by the organization. 

 

"So the dress I've been picturing..for length I was thinking mid calf?" Bora drew a line across the calves showing where it would cut off. "Here?" Soojin looked and nodded. "Perfect! Now for the shape of the dress... I don't know what to call it..." Bora passed Soojin a second sketch to use to show her. Minnie watched over Soojins shoulder as she drew a triangular bell shaped skirt. 

 

Bora watched humming. "So a suggestion? Miss Seo you've got a beautiful body so I think the way to compliment that and do it justice would be..." She drew it so that the top of the skirt would hug Soojins waist flaring out just past her hips before falling the rest of it's length down. "What do you think?" Tiffany nodded. "It's going to be so cute on you!" Soojin blushed. "We haven't even seen it on me yet..." 

 

Bora smiled. "Well I am confident that it will look amazing on you. And your wives will want to propose again." Soojin nodded smiling. "So for the top... I want off shoulder but not to much cleavage. And I was thinking maybe it could look like it's a wrap crossing over to cover me. Does that make sense?" 

 

Bora nodded. "So let me see if I'm getting this correctly? What we do is we first put a basic piece here..." she outlined over the of the drawing. "You said not to low so this should be pretty good right?" Soojin nodded. "Great now..." She drew as she spoke. "Here's the fun part. I will put hmm about four or five inches worth of fabric on each side of your waist. Then..." She drew the fabric criss crossing over her chest. "These will act as your sleeves of sorts and be stitched into the back. What do you think?" 

 

Soojin looked at the dress it wasn't exactly what she'd always imagined. But it was better definitely better. She teared up a bit nodding. "It's perfect..." She tilted her head back trying to wipe her eyes before it could ruin her makeup. 

 

Bora offered a tissue to Minnie who carefully dabbed the tears that formed. "Told you she was good." Soojin laughed. "You did maybe I'll start listening to you every once in a while." She joked. 

 

Once the tear situation was under control Soojin stood up bowing deeply to Bora. "Thank you so much. How much will it be or do I wait til you finish to find out?" Bora hummed. "Well I can give you the Minnie discount. Which means you'll only pay for materials and five hundred on top of that." 

 

Soojin widened her eyes. "No no no that's to much really you should let me pay full price. You're work is so good you deserve it." Bora laughed. "We'll negotiate. Well ladies since we're done here and I think you're running a little late for your lunch you mentioned... I'll see you in two weeks for the mock up okay?" Soojin nodded and hugged the woman. "Yes thank you again Mrs.Lee." Bora laughed. "Just call me Bora unnie we're friends now. " 

 

They said their goodbyes and left Gahyeon and Bora saw them out. "Unnie you're not going to let her pay full price are you?" Bora shook her head. "Nope do you know how long I've wanted to make a dress like this?" 

 

Note: Sorry this took me a bit to write I kinda went and started obsessively writing a Mishu fic 😂

Soojin's dress