Closer

On that Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Suggestion : BLACKPINK - Ready For Love

 

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

 

While everyone was busy with their Saturday routine and plan, Yunho was bored all alone at home. It was 2pm now, and he felt that time is moving slower since he sick and home all week. The food that Seonghwa made from him had finished as he ate all in the morning.

His stomach grumbled for the hundreth time and he sighed "Geez, I'm too lazy for food delivery. Maybe I should just wait for the members to come back in the evening and ask them to buy anything on the way back" 

His phone ring from text message which he checked and saw it's from Hongjoong. 

 

- I'm doing this because I'm worried that you'll starve yourself. You can thank me later-

 

Hongjoong's text was confusing to say the least. Yunho read it few times but wasn't able to understand what Hongjoong was trying to deliver. He was about to call Hongjoong when the doorbells chime. 

"Someone at the door?" Yunho curiously asked to no one obviously.

He looked over the monitor to the front door and was surprised to see Arin standing at the front door. He didn't hesitated and immediately open the front door.

Both of them stared at each other for few good seconds as none seems to be able to speak, nor do they break eye contact. Arin hasn't really seen Yunho much these days since he's been hospitalized. She bumped to other Ateez members few times, but it felt like it's been awhile since she got to see Yunho face to face.

 

(The inspired scene came from above picture)

 

Arin cleared to break the silence and showed a bunch of paper bag on her hands "Hongjoong asked me for a favor, so I am here to deliver you some good food that might cheer up your day. If you don't mind, we can eat together" 

"Ah ... that's what he meant" Yunho mumbled to himself as he realized the meaning behind Hongjoong's text.

Arin tilted her head "What do you mean?"

Yunho shook his head "Nothing. Emm, I would have invited you in, but our dorms have rules to not bring any women to be alone with them"

Arin chuckled as she nodded "I know. Hongjoong told me that too. If you don't mind .. I have an idea where to go" 

"Oh? Then lead the way" Yunho meekly smiled.

 

They reached the rooftop of the condominium which is on level 30. Yunho looked around excitedly like a kid as his eyes brightened with the modern greeny look of the rooftop.

 

 

"You guys never come up here at all huh?" Arin chuckled as she shook her head.

"I never knew ... this condominium have this kind of facilites. I mean- would you look at that soft couch, and the BBQ fireplace, and the long dinner table-" Yunho excitedly roamed around.

"Alright alright, calm down kid. Take it easy on your leg, you're still recovering. Let's have lunch first" Arin said as she called for Yunho.

They both sat at one of the table and Arin proceed to take out all the food and served to Yunho. He was surprised with the variety of food, but feel thankful anyways for Arin kind thoughts.

"This is a lot of food.." Yunho commented as his mouth watered.

Arin chuckled as she handed him a pair of chopsticks and spoon "Well, you can keep the leftovers. But we might be able to finish it. I didn't eat since morning either, so I'm pretty hungry myself" 

"Thanks for the food Arin" Yunho gratefully smiled and started to eat.

The leaves ruffles made a sound from the windy atmosphere at the rooftop, making Yunho stop eating and check his surrounding due to the noise. Arin noticed that Yunho was a bit anxious.

"You can eat peacefully here. At this time around, no one really use this rooftop, and only residences is allowed" Arin comforted him.

Yunho embarassingly looked down as he munched on his food "Sorry... just an old habits"

"No worries. I understand where you come from given your job. But, you're safe here. I promise" Arin chuckled and pick up the extra meat to put in Yunho's bowl "Eat more and may you recover fast!"

They both continue with their meals while exchanging conversations and for awhile, Yunho had forget about his leg pain and his idol life. He feels like an ordinary person sitting with Arin, he can be himself and laughing away not caring about his surrounding.

After 30 minutes in, they managed to finish all the food.

Yunho gawked at all the clean plates and food packaging "This is bad, I definitely went over my calories intake for the day" 

Arin looked at him in surprised "Why are you counting calories when you're currently resting and recovering?! Don't do that Yunho. Just eat well for now"

"You sound like my mom, nagging me about food" Yunho pouted.

Arin raised her eyebrow as she chuckled "I am just a good neighbour, worrying about my friend from next door"

They both laughed for awhile and start to pack all the trash and clean up the table. Once done, they headed back down to their apartment. Arin made sure she walked with the same pace as Yunho, knowing fully well that Yunho couldn't walk fast. She insisted to let Yunho entered his apartment first, with the reason of the sick have to be taken care of first. 

Yunho gave up of trying to let Arin enter her house first, and went inside his home after exchanging another 'thanks and bye' greeting. Just as the door of Ateez's apartment about to shut, Arin hear a loud 'THUD' sound coming from his home.

"Ouch..." Arin heard Yunho whined in pain.

"Yunho?!" Arin immediately hold the door before it managed to fully close and auto lock by itself. She stepped inside the apartment to find Yunho on the entrance floor while holding on his knee.

"No Arin- There's water-" 

Yunho didn't managed to finish his warning as Arin already took a step forward and unfortunately, Arin feet landed on the pool of water on the floor, and she too slipped.

*Oh no, I'm falling to him* Arin thought as she closed her eyes to brace for the upcoming impact and in split seconds she fell on top of Yunho.

The entrance door shut and auto lock by itself at the same time the event of them falling on the floor.

"Ow.." Both of them said in synch out of pain from falling on the hard floor. 

Arin quickly realized what had happened, as she pulled herself halfway up and scanned Yunho in panic "Oh my god- Are you okay?! I am so sorry!"

As Arin was panicking and worrying, Yunho reached out to both her arms to calm her down "I'm fine Arin..It's okay, I'm not hurt anywhere"

Arin and Yunho finally met each other gaze.

*We're ... so close to each other, like that day in Jeju* Both had the same inner thoughts as they remembered the event in Jeju **refer to chapter 4**

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter