It's Fate

On that Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Suggestion : ruth b. - dandelions

 

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Arin came to office next morning, and she stopped by office cafe to buy herself a cup of white coffee. She need it to stay awake for the rest of the day.

Arin sighed as she waited for her order at nearby counter.

Rahi happened to got back home late from work last night. And once she reached home, she's been bugging Arin to tell her everything that happened at work with Ateez. Though Arin keep denying it's nothing big, the talk lasted until past 1am, with Rahi giggling and overexcited about the encounter again.

Arin heard the counter calling for her order. She picked up and walked down the lobby to go to her department office. She was suprised to see Jaehi in her office room. Arin walked to the room and greeted Jaehi.

"I thought you have early meeting outside today?" Arin asked.

"Yea .. I have something to inform you first. I'll go right to my outside meeting with Hara after this" Jaehi replied with a small smile. She gestured to Arin to take a seat infront of her.

Jaehi let out a sighed "Regarding you working with Ateez, it seems the other departments have taken interest into your stories of internship the same place as Ateez. Unfortunately this gossip .. it has reached to upper management ears" 

Arin expression fell. She knew what's coming next. Either they will request her to change department that is non related to HQ, or worse, release her from this internship. She hoped badly it won't be the second options.

"I tried persuading them, I let them know that you're just an internship and it won't cause any conflict. But the decision has been made" Jaehi trailed off not sure how to break the news. In truth, Arin is her first internship and she have liked Arin for her ethusiams and spirit.

Arin looked back up to Jaehi in panic "Do I have to quit my internship here?" 

Jaehi shook her head in suprised "Oh my god. It's not that bad Arin. Whatever it is, you still gonna finish internship here. Just that, moving forward .. Any schedule for our department related to Ateez, you are not going to participate in it" 

Arin sighed in relief "Well ..... that's not so bad. I mean, I still get to stay in this department. There's plenty of me to learn" 

Jaehi smiled softly "As much as I'm glad you are taking this well, I still feel sorry. I'll make sure you have plenty of great experiences from other task"

"Oh please don't be! You're doing too much for me already. I'm more than happy to assist with whatever left in office. You can leave everything to me" Arin grinned as she patted her chest like a soldier ready to serve their country.

A knocked on Jaehi's office door made both of them faced the door. Hara was standing there with thick files on her hands "We should go team lead, or else we won't reach KQ entertainment on time"

Jaehi nodded as she stood up, packing her stuffs with Arin helping her with the paperwork cleanup. "Lunch is on me then. You can use my card for lunch. For the meantime, you can continue the leftover work from yesterday" Jaehi instructed.

Arin nodded as she bowed to both Jaehi and Hara "Have a nice trip both of you"

"Take good care of the office intern. Oh, and make sure you finish ALL the paperwork by today" Hara said and left with Jaehi.

Arin walked back to her desk and was suprised at the amount of paperwork "No ..... and she wants me to get all of this done by today?"

She sighed as she sat down and flip the paperwork that Hara has left for her. Her focus was lost when she saw minutes meeting paperwork from yesterday meeting with Ateez.

She couldn't help but to feel a dissapointed. She was excited to work with Ateez, but deep down she knew this kind of decision will come sooner or later.

Arin sighed as she slapped her cheek lightly "It's better this way. Better not to get involved anyways. Just focus for the rest of your internship period, Choi Arin" 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

At KQ Entertainment, the Ateez boys relaxes in the meeting room while waiting for Seoulight team to arrive.

Wooyoung was sitting on the office chair, playing around as he press the up and down button to adjust the height of the chairs "It's not all that bad to be working with Arin noona. We get to see her again today" he chimed happily.

Jongho sat at empy chair next to Wooyoung "And according to Arin noona, Rahi noona also intern at SBS. We're gonna have comeback in few weeks, we'll probably bump into Rahi noona too"

Hongjoong took a few glances across the rooms and is eyes stopped at Yunho who seems to be in deep thoughts, his usually hyper personality didn't shine today. Instead he just stares blankly.

"What's wrong with him today?" Hongjoong mumbled. 

"Probably thinking about yesterday" Seonghwa replied as he sat next to Hongjoong on couch.

"Sharp ears. Don't know how you get to listen to everything I've said" Hongjoong narrowed his eyes at Seonghwa suspiciously.

Seonghwa shrugged didn't bother to reply. 

"What do you mean by yesterday? Something happened with Arin?" Hongjoong asked curious about what had happened yesterday.

Seonghwa didn't even get to say anything as the door opens, and Hara walked in with Pak manager. The boys stood and greeted her. Seconds later, Jaehi also walked into the meeting room as she closes the door behind her.

The boys noticed Arin is nowhere to be seen. 

"Is Arin-ssi not joining?" Yunho softly asked.

Jaehi looked up to Yunho as she replie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter