Noona

On that Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Suggestion : 박재범 (Jay Park) - ‘GANADARA (Feat. 아이유 IU)’

 

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Arin was wide awake now that the doctor has checked her condition. Doctor Lee (which Rahi referred as her family’s doctor), has always be the one checking on Arin since high school and have known of Arin condition.

Doctor Lee attached Arin with IV drips and force her to rest and to not go to work tomorrow. Arin wanted to refuse but knows better to listen. Doctor Lee is soft-hearted woman but can be very fierce when the patient refused to listen to her advice. Arin thanked the doctor, and Rahi showed the doctor the way out, and came back to Arin within seconds.

“Please don’t let Jaejin oppa knows about this” Arin weakly said.

Rahi sighed as she shook her head “I can’t promise that. You know you have a weak tolerance towards the hot weather, shouldn't you by know the consequences of not taking care of your body?”

Arin looked away guiltily “I didn’t check the time. I was just cope up with my work. I’m sorry Rahi ….”

“and here I told Yunho that it was nothing big….” Rahi mumbled.

“But it is nothing big. Doctor Lee said I just need to rest and I’ll be fine” Arin reassure her friend.

“I want to lecture you more on this, but you’re sick. And I can’t keep being angry at sick people for long anyways. You better rest the whole day tomorrow. Don’t even do a single thing” Rahi narrowed her eyes, as she pointed her finger at Arin’s face.

Arin nodded willingly. Rahi can be scary when she became this protective.

Rahi folder her arms as she took a seat at the other couch “Do you even remembers what happened? Thank god the boys were there. Though I still can’t believe they are our neighbours.”

“Oh gosh, that was embarrassing. I can’t believe Yunho carry me inside!” Arin face palmed out of embarrassment.

Rahi shrugged with a smile “That guy is as sweet as ever. Yours is not that embarassing, much better than me having to show my barefaced to them” her smile immediately dropped remembering about that.

“I told you, you just overthink. You looks just fine. Sorry anyways, if you felt uncomfortable” Arin apologized again.

Rahi shook her head as she patted Arin’s head “Stop being sorry and just get better okay. Now sleep. You need all the rest that you can get”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, Rahi go to work as usual while Arin remains asleep. Meanwhile at Seoulight, Hara and Jaehi reached office the same time. Hara looked around for Arin, wanted to give Arin another hard day at work apparently.

“If you’re looking for Arin, she’s on sick leave” Jaehi calmly said as she walked to Arin’s desk and look over all the paperwork.

Hara scoffed as she mockingly said “Sick leave already? Poor intern”

"Intern is human too, it's fine for her to take sick leave" Jaehi defended calmly.

Hara rolled her eyes "Come on, it's been weeks only. Clearly she couldn't handle enough pressure to survive here"

Jaehi crossed her arms and looked at Hara "Kim Hara, don't push your lucks. You know better than to act this way. You’re a capable worker but fix your attitude. Arin has potential, and I like working with her"

Hara stayed quiet, despised the situation she was in but couldn’t reply anything to Jaehi out of her respect to Jaehi as a colleague and family.

“Get ready for morning meeting with Fashion Creative Department and Ateez” Jaehi said and walked away to her room.

Hara looked over Arin’s desk at all the finished paperwork “She just an intern, what's so great about her...” she said through gritted teeth in anger.

The meeting soon started and there’s almost 15 people attending the meeting including Ateez and KQ representative. After long hours of discussion and decision making, the meeting finally came to an end. Jaehi and Hara escorted the boys out of the meeting room until entrance where their managers already waited for them to bring them to the next schedule.

The boys bowed politely to Jaehi and Hara before entering the vehichles one by one.

Park Manager approached Jaehi with a bulk of files “Here’s the document that you needed for reference for the boys upcoming styling. I actually went to your department to pass this, but there were no people”

“Thanks for this" Jaehi thanked as she took the files "Yea about that, Arin is on sick leave so there were no one to attend our office for the day. Sorry about that” she explained.

Yunho who was about to enter the van, stopped his track as he heard that Arin was on sick leave. Mingi who somehow heard it also, peeked out from the van “Arin noona is still sick?!”

“Yah Kim Mingi!” Yunho hissed quietly only for Mingi to hear.

“Still sick…?” Park Manager questioned with suspicion.

Seonghwa and Hongjoong sighed heavily as they thought the same thing *Stupid Mingi*

Mingi blinked his eyes rapidly in panic “um..ah.. I said ‘Arin noona is sick’ with a question mark?”

Park Manager narrowed his eyes “I thought you said-“

“We shall go hyung! Or else we’ll be late for our next schedule” Seonghwa pulled their manager hurriedly and bowed to Jaehi and Hara again.

The boys leave for their next schedule, and if Park Manager were suspicious of anything, he did not say anything.

At least, for the time being.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

The boys finished their schedule for the day and it’s almost 11pm when they reached level 15.

“But hyung, are we really not going to tell manager hyung about Rahi noona and Arin noona being our neighbour?” Yeosang questioned to Hongjoong as they all walked down the hallway.

Hongjoong stopped walking midway as he turned to s “Well .. eventually they will find out one day, so trying to hide it would be uselss. And I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong in becoming neighbour. It’s not like it was planned, things just happened that way”

“I think it’s fate” Wooyoung chimed in happily.

“Fate huh…?” Hongjoong mumbled as he pondered on the word.

“I hope Arin noona is okay. She even took sick leave today, must have been pretty bad” Mingi said.

Seonghwa patted Mingi’s shoulder “She’ll be fine after resting. Rahi said so yesterday”

The boys continued walking, reaching their unit within seconds. Seonghwa entered the pin and opened the door, at the same time next unit also opened.

Yunho frowned upon seeing Jaejin walking out from the girls condo. Or more like being forced out from the house “Why are you telling me to go home? You are still not well and Rahi is not back yet” Jaejin argues as Arin keep shoving him lightly until he is out of the door.

“Oh my god oppa, for the 100th time I am fine now. Just go back home already, I thought you said you have early schedule tomorrow. Go back and rest” Arin said almost raising her voice.

She’s almost annoyed now. Jaejin can be very ….. hard to deal when he gets too worrisome. He’s been at her home for 5 hours, and even when Arin continuously told him that she’s fine, he just won’t leave her alone.

Both stopped arguing as they felt the presence of other people and turned to their left seeing all the Ateez boys standing infront of their house unit 01. Awkward silence filled up the air for seconds before Wooyoung blantly pointed finger at Jaejin “It’s that tall model handsome guy that we met at Jeju last time!”

Jaejin grinned “Why thank you for that compliment”

Yunho looked away in distaste *Narcissistic*

San took down Wooyoung’s hand back to his side “It’s not nice to point at people like that”

“Hold up a minute! You guys are neighbours?!” Jaejin exclaimed, only realizing the fact after seconds has passed.

Arin folded her arms on her chest “Rahi told you I’m sick, but she didn’t bother to tell you about our neighbours?”

“Why are you okay with that?! Last time I tried to get this unit next to you guys, both of you were so against the idea” Jaejin complained.

Arin sighed exhauste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter