Neighbour

On that Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Suggestion : IU(아이유) _ strawberry moon

 

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Arin thanked the taxi driver that dropped her off at her apartment's lobby. She looked at the sky and was suprised with the view "That's a lot of stars ..." Arin mumbled in suprised at the sight of scattering stars all over the night skies.

Even if she likes stargazing, it's 9.30pm and she was exhausted. She walked to elevator and pressed the button to open the elevator.

Her phone suddenly rang and the screen shows Rahi as the caller. Arin picked up and didn't even manage to say anything, as she heard Rahi rambling and panicking over the phone. Her words were muffled all together and Arin couldn't understand a thing.

"Oh my gosh Rahi, calm down-" Arin tried to calm her friend.

"No- no- this can't be happening! Arin! You won't believe this!" Rahi exclaimed over the phone.

"Who's here?" Arin was confused and worried at the same time.

Ding! 

The sound of elavator reaching the lobby as the door opened.

"The elavator is here Rahi. I'm going up now, just stay inside. We'll talk soon" Arin hang up and got in the elavator pressing the button to level 15.

The elavator shutted and went up by each floor. She felt the elavator slowing down and noticed it stopped at level 14. Arin took a double look at the lift button to confirm she pressed on the correct level 15.

The elavator door opened revealing no one waiting at level 14. Arin waited few seconds before decided to press the close door button. The door was about to fully shut -

"Guys! The elavator is here! Hold up the door please" 

Arin heard a voice calling from outside the elavator, as she pressed back the open door button.

This time a man stood infront of the lift as he locked eyes with Arin, and both were equally suprised.

"Arin-ssi"

"San-ssi" Arin whispered clearly suprised with this encounter.

"We are hereee. What are you doing not getting inside?" both Yunho and Mingi arrived next to San, and immediately turned to look at what San has been looking.

In a second, both Yunho and Mingi had the same stunned expression as San. But Mingi was the first to recover, and immediately went next to Arin with a huge grinned "Arin noona! What are you doing here?"

"Um ... I live here" Arin answered still stunned.

Yunho and San glanced at each other, while Mingi gasped as he reached for Arin's hands while bouncing it up and down "No way! Noona, we live here too! Well to be accurate, we just moved today"

"You what?" Arin's eyes widened in disbelief as she turned to look at Yunho and San for confirmation.

Eventhough both didn't replied, their stunned expression confirmed on Mingi's statement.

"Hey both of you, get inside already. You're making us wait" Mingi exclaimed as he narrowed his eyes at both Yunho and San, but still not letting go of Arin's hands.

"But this elavator is going up. Isn't this your floor?" Arin asked.

The two boys walked inside slowly, and Yunho looked at the lift button, and saw that level 15 has already been pressed. 

"We ... are going up too" Yunho answered, already sensing that Arin going up to the same floor as them.

"We live at level 15, and it seems that you are going there too, given that you were the one pressing level 15" San said nonchantly, obviously has recovered from the shocked.

Arin was about to choke on her saliva when she heard San *What is happening ... Wait- is this- is this what Rahi were trying to say over the phone?!* Arin thought to herself.

The elavator door closed, and within seconds they reached level 15.

Yunho glanced at Arin who seems to be still in shocked, and shifted his gaze downwards to her hands that is still on the palms of Mingi. His eyes narrowed at Mingi who seems to be oblivious.

"Mingi, you're making Arin uncomfortable. Now come, get out first" Yunho pulled Mingi's hand, breaking it off with Arin's hands as he pulled Mingi with him to go out from the elavator.

"Noona doesn't seems to mind though" Mingi protested lightly looking back at Arin.

"Quiet you" Yunho glared at Mingi. Thank god they are almost the same height, or it wouldn't be looking all that intimidating.

San chuckled lightly as he watched Mingi got dragged outside by Yunho "Jealous brat" 

"Jealous what?" Arin who was next to him questioned.

San shook his head with a light smile "Oh nothing. Just talking to myself. We shall go, we've reached our level" San straighten his arms, implying Arin to get out first and he'll follow behind.

"It would be funny if your unit ended up right next to our unit noona" Mingi said as the four of them walked through the hallway.

Arin shook her head "I don't think that's possible-" 

The four of them turned around the corner, and Arin couldn't finished her words after witnessing what's infront of her eyes.

Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Jongho are standing infront of her door, they have yet to notice the presence of Arin and the other 3 members.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Mingi called out.

The trio turned to the voice’s direction, and Hongjoong locked eyes with Arin. Arin not doing what to do, and for some reason remembering the light hostility of words from Hongjoong yesterday makes her feels hesitant to greet him.

Instead Arin just bowed lightly.

“They do live in unit 02! They are our neighbour!” Jongho excitedly said as he skipped to Arin, leaving his two hyungs at the front door of unit 02.

“Neighbour?” Arin repeat Jongho’s last word in shocked.

Yunho faced Arin, amused with her reaction as he explained “In case you haven’t figured it out, we live in Unit 01”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter