Reunited

On that Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Suggestion : Gaho - Running

 

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Monday comes, and the dreadful working day has started. Arin arrived office quite early, so she went to her office pantry and made herself a cup of hot chocolate, and sat down at her working desk. Arin took out her phone and put it on her desk. Her eyes travelled to her wrist as she was reminded of the second episode of 'ATEEZ Holiday Jeju Show' she watched on TV, last Saturday night.

The second episode showed all starting from where they played dodgeball game, scavenger hunt, dinner at the rooftop and the performances at Kalua Bar. The gold bracelet that they all won from being the great angel spies is on her wrist as she stares at it. She decided to wear it to office today. She also wore the star hairclip that Yunho has presented to her. Little did she know, it will be the reunion that no one has expected to come.

 

'Ding'

'Ding

'Ding'

'Ding'- 'Ding' 'Din-' 'Din' 

 

"OKAY, that's enough -" Arin slapped her hand over the phone, changing it to silent mode as she open to see the non-stop notifications of kakaotalk and Instagram.

Her instagram showed new accounts following her instagram, as she didn't keep her instagram to private. But she's pondering now whether she should keep it as private afterall this minor attention has been getting to her after the shows.

After the shows ended on Saturday, the producer team has posted a group picture of Ateez, Rahi, Arin, Josh and Eva at their instagram with tagged username of all their IGs. Arin and Rahi's friends from University had reached out to her after their performance at Kaluar Bar has viral in short clip in excitement. But the siblings attracted great attention too. Afterall, Eva and Josh has shown a spectacular dancing skills.

A knocked on Arin's table made her eyes shifted from her phone to the person standing infront of her. She rolled her eyes in her mind, trying her best not too look annoyed first thing in the morning.

Kim Hara.

She's the Senior Executive in their department, and for some reason Arin could felt some hostility from Hara on the very first day they met last week. She felt Hara had given her quite a harsh attitude, but Arin didn't want to have think bad about others, and thinking the woman probably just had a rough week.

"Get ready newbie. You'll be seeing Jaehi at her room in 5 minutes" Hara said as she crossed her arms looking down on Arin.

"Good morning sunbae. Noted on this" Arin nodded as she stood up "What does she need me for?" Arin politely asked.

Hara scoffed as her eyes squinted, judgingly looking at Arin "Must be about how you have hidden agenda of applying internship at Seoulight"

"Excuse me? What do you mean?" Arin asked clearly feeling offended now.

Hara didn't bother to hide her sarcasm tone as she continued "Am I wrong? Or you're just pretending to be dumb? Tch, intern like you don't fit in this company"

Arin slowly shook her head, confused at this point "I don't know what you're-"

"Miss Kim Hara, Intern Choi Arin" a voiced called.

Both of them looked at the voice direction and saw Jaehi leans at her office door, as one of her eyebrow raised looking at her subordinates.

"Good morning Miss Jaehi" Both Ara and Arin bowed down with greetings.

"Morning. What's with all the fuss this morning?" Jaehi asked.

Hara glared at Arin "Just setting someone straight. She's pretending to be dumb" 

Jaehi sighed "Hara, we talked about this yesterday. Don't assume, and you're not the one to ask her on THAT matter"

Arin looked back and forth between Hara and Jaehi *What's the matter? Why does it feel like I'm in trouble*

"Come inside my room Arin. You go prepare for the guest arrival, Hara" Jaehi simply instructed.

"Guest?" Arin mumbled to herself wondering for whatever that is comming for her, and walked to Jaehi's office.

Jaehi let out a sighed as she sat down "Sorry about Hara's behaviour. She can be too harsh sometimes especially to intern and junior colleague"

Arin smiled as she shook her head "It's fine, but if I did something wrong, please englighten me and I will make things right" 

Jaehi held out her hand to stop Arin from babbling further "First of all, there is nothing wrong. It's just that, Seoulight has chosen its Ambassador and we are trying to reassure there was no conflict of interest happening" 

"That is great news that we have chosen ambassador. But what do you mean by conflict of interest?" Arin asked, at this point she was puzzled and couldn't find any connection between Hara lashes out on her and Seoulight already finalize on their ambassador.

Jaehi clutched both her palms and put her arms on table, as she rests her chin on her connected palms "Right. I doubt you know which group will be the ambassador. You weren't even in the meeting. And it's not one of the three groups either" 

Arin remained quiet as Jaehi continued "You see, the 3 groups didn't matched Seoulight theme and preferences. And we have backup plan. Our team always do and we presented the others idol. And the management has agreed to pick ATEEZ as Seoulight Global Ambassador" Jaehi calmy stated.

"Wh-What? ATEEZ? From KQ Entertainment?" Arin jaw dropped.

"And on Friday night, the show of ATEEZ reality show came out, and you ... the intern from Seoulight were on the show" Jaehi simply stated. 

Arin blinked few times "By conflict of interest, is the new internship of Seoulight working with Ateez, when they just met few weeks ago filming the show?"

Jaehi nodded "I don't have any doubt on you. I knew well that you wouln't have known about Ateez being part of the list of the idols that we will choose for final ambassador. So I don't have problem with you working with them. But the others might not think the same. Some have thought that you apply internship at Seoulight on purposes, to see Ateez again"

Arin gasped as she shook her head "That's not true-" Arin denied firmly, but Jaehi hold up her hand to stop Arin "I know. Like I said, you didn't know the list. Even Hara didn't"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter