The Show

On that Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Suggestion : BTS Jungkook - Euphoria

 

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s Friday, which means it’s the exciting day of the week as it’s the last working day of the week and the day of LV’s Fashion Show.

Rahi has left for airport at dawn, and after a long lecture to Arin to make sure Arin take good care for herself only then she leaves the house.

The day feels short for Arin as she was busy with work, and before she knew it’s already 4.30pm. She immediately packed her stuffs and walked to entrance, where Jaejin already waited for her in his red car. They drove off to makeup and hairdresser shop.

“Sorry I can’t stay with you. I must go get ready at the venue with other models. My manager will pick you up at 6.30pm and bring you to the venue later” Jaejin explained as he walked with Arin to the personal room for makeup and hairstyling session.

Arin looked around the room and eyed all the variety of makeup on the table and some hair products placed at the shelves.

“You sure … I don’t need to pay for any of this?” Arin meekly asked.

Jaejin shook her head “Nope, I was the one who offered you as my plus one. Anyway, I must go now. Just call me if you need anything, or drop me a text if I didn’t manage to pick up”

Arin waved her hands shooing him away “Yea oppa, I’m not a baby. Just go or you’ll be late. See you at the venue. Break a leg oppa”

“Alright sweetheart. Later then” Jaejin patted her head and leave the room.

Seconds after that, two girls entered the room and asked Arin to sit on the chair comfortably as they started to get her ready for the event.

By 6pm, her makeup and hairstyle has been finished. Arin looked her reflection in the mirror and was in awe at their hand work. Her hair was styled as low bun, with a detailing of her baby hair and side bangs covering her face. Her makeup was made as natural earth tone colour, with a hint of soft pink on her cheek and lips.

The two girls then escorted her to another room for her to get ready for dress up. She has seen this dress when she went for fitting the other day, but the dress still looks gorgeous no matter how many times she has seen it.

She stepped into the mini changing room and get dress up. She heard footsteps entering the room, and by that time she already finished wearing her dress.

“You’re done?” A male voice asked.

Arin recognized the voice.

Kang Seigy, he was the male friend that designed the dress that Arin is currently wearing. He has his own brand and works a lot with Jaejin and also LV’s korea team.

Arin opened the curtain and stepped out to show him.

 

(Found this cute dress on google, I think the brand name is Kenziekay Atelier?)

 

“Hmm you look pretty now that you have makeup on. For Jaejin’s sake, even if you don’t look pretty, I’m just gonna say you look okay” Seigy vaguely compliment her.

“The dress is so pretty, thank you for helping me today” Arin thanked him, ignoring his not-so compliment.

Seigy crossed his arms “Of course, after all it was me who made it” he sassily replied to Arin.

“Jaejin oppa said thank you too. He’s grateful that you always helped him” Arin explained.

“Tch, that guy. Always say thank you, if he is really grateful, he should have taken me out for a date!” Seigy huffed.

“Wow…. You must have really like Jaejin oppa” Arin commented.

Yes, Seigy is gay and he is really into Jaejin. He made it obvious that everyone knew about it. Even Jaejin knew about this, but Jaejin has always make it clear to Seigy that he is not gay.

“You know I used to hate you, cause I thought that he likes you” Seigy said as he glared at Arin.

Arin stepped back feeling the mild hostility as she shook her head “No no, oppa is not like that with me”

“Yea, I know that now. Whatever, come here sit on the chair. I need to put all the jewellery on you” Seigy ordered her.

Arin obediently sat on the chair as Seigy carefully put all the ring, bracelet and necklace on her. He passed her a box of earrings and asked her to wear it.

“Careful with all the jewellery. It’s all from LV and sponsored item, so you cannot lose it” Seigy warned her.

Arin gulped looking at her reflection in the mirror, even though she looks expensive and luxury, all these expensive items on her body made her feel awkward and nervous.

Seigy who sensed Arin’s was feeling tense, patted her back gently “You will be fine. You look pretty after all. Just go and enjoy the night”

“Are you not going?” Arin asked, feeling a bit calmer than before.

Seigy shook his head “Nah, I have had my fair share of fashion show, I’ll pass for the night” he explained as he pulled Arin up from the chair.

“First time attending this kind of event alone?” Seigy asked, still holding her hands.

“Technically I’m not alone. Jaejin oppa is there. But yea, usually I will attend Jaejin oppa event with Rahi. So, it’s my first time attending oppa event without Rahi” Arin explained.

“Well, Jaejin will be cat walking on the stage, so technically you are alone for few hours. A piece of advice for you, young lady” Seigy paused for few seconds.

“Be careful of strangers?” Arin try finish up his word.

Seigy let Arin’s hand go “Maybe that. And don’t take any drinks unless it’s from the waiter that work for the event. Now go, Jaejin’s manager is outside waiting”

Seigy pushes Arin out from the room, not forgetting to pass the mini bag for her to bring along to the event. Arin didn’t even manage to question on his advice. The next thing she knew is that she already entered the Van with Jaejin’s manager and headed to the event space.

*What a weird guy. He seems to hate me, but not like overly detest me, and then he suddenly gave me advice and being nice to me* Arin wondered alone.

Arin was comfortable enough with Jaejin’s manager to make a small talk, 20 minutes later, they reached the event space. Jaejin’s manager drop her off right at the entrance, and she could see lots of reporter, cameraman, fans crowding the entrance.

“Omg, do I really have to go through this crowd? Isn’t there any other entrance?” Arin asked the manager.

The manager looked back “Oh you’ll be fine Arin. Just walk through the crowd. If you don’t want any reporter ask you a question, you just walk really fast and enter the event space. Though, I doubt they will let you go since you look like a celebrity today”

“Manager oppa, don’t jinx me! You’re making me more nervous” Arin sighed heavily. She took a few deep breath and slowly opened the door “Here goes nothing”

Arin got off from the Van and stepped on the red carpet. At once, she heard the crowd murmuring and camera flashes in instant.

*Just walk fast Arin, that way no one will stop you* Arin thought.

She looked around with a small smile and bowed her head and proceed to walk on the long red carpet.

“Who is she?”

“New celebrity?”

"Is she a celebrity, so pretty"

“She’s so pretty, she looks a bit like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter