Unintentional

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The situation became awkward because you didn't know how to deal with him. Ever since he said that, you were extra conscious of whatever he did.

You refused the offer of taking you back home but in the end you followed him anyway because in fact, you didn't know the way back to grandma's house from the convenience store.

On the way back while sitting right behind him on his bike, you kept a safe distance and tried not to put your arms around his waist. Once he reached grandma's house, you quickly got down from his bike and ready to run away before he grasped your wrist to stop you. 

"My helmet" indicated you forgot taking it off. As if your fingers were tangled with one another, it weren't working the way you wanted it to, couldn't unclasped the chin strap.

Impatience took over so he got off his bike, took off his helmet and waited for you. Seeing you struggling, he knew you'd regretted asking that was why you appeared so nervous around him. He took a few steps forward and bent slightly to reach your height that you froze, putting down your hands and focused on what Jaehyun was doing.

Through the helmet windshield, you learned how handsome he was, so dashing and attractive. Perhaps he sweated, his dark hair was now a little wet, presenting a wet y look. From his eyes to his nose and lastly when your eyes landed on his lips, he was pouting, too focused in helping you to unclasp the chin strap. When he wanted to remove the helmet, you stopped him, grabbing the strap. 

"Why?" he asked. To be honest, you didn't want him to look at your blushing cheeks so you wouldn't want to remove the helmet now. 

"Why are you nervous? I told you not to regret asking me-" 

"I'm not nervous." denying the fact that you were indeed nervous and shy around him. 

"Then why are you not removing this?" pointing to the helmet that you blinked effortlessly. 

"I don't want you to see my face" your voice faded at the end, unsure if he heard you. You chewed on your lower lip, finally allowed him to take off the helmet for you. He removed it slowly so he wouldn't mess your hair up and then ruffling it lightly.

You were staring blankly at him like a lost pup with red cheeks causing him to feel embarrassed that he couldn't look at you in the eye now.

"Yujin, I said I had doesn't mean I still have a crush on you but it doesn't mean I no longer have" he wasn't sure what he was talking about so he squeezed his eyes shut, ruffled his own hair out of frustration. He then heaved a deep, long sigh before turning to you, holding your shoulder.

"Have a sweet dream. Don't think about what I said, okay?" raising his brows but his words were no longer registered to your brain, you weren't listening. "Hmm?"

You shrugged your shoulder at him that he chuckled at your reaction. So blank and out of it that a hand was brought up, squishing your right cheek lightly.

"You're such a cutie" the moment he commented with his lovely eye-smile, sweet dimples and an adorable grin, you took a step back and ran back to your grandma's house, didn't even care whether the gate was closed.

You slammed the door behind you, holding your breath, your hand touching the left side of your chest. Why does your heart pound like this? It was unfamiliar and fast that you couldn't control it.

 

 

From that day onwards, you ignored Jaehyun. Like completely. You would try to ignore him wherever you go, extra careful so you wouldn't bump into him.

And unfortunately Jaehyun knew...

Baekhyun came to your place today, sat at Jaehyun's place and turned the chair to face you. He came during recess time when you were doing your work.

"Are you free now?" Baekhyun asked and you cocked your head up, flashing him your grin. You nodded slowly, wondering what he was up to when he gave you a flyer.

"Do you want to become a prefect?"

"I haven't joined any club yet" you told him, scanning the flyer he distributed.

"We need more girls at the moment" he said, studying your expression slowly. That was just an excuse... He wanted you to join it.

"For real?" you felt bad for rejecting and you thought becoming a prefect of the school wasn't a bad idea either.

"If you join, I'll join too" Jelly came, munching her melon bun while staring at Baekhyun. 

"Really?" he gave another flyer to Jelly, kinda promoting his student council club.

"I haven't joined any plus I need marks since we are in our last year in senior high" Jelly commented.

The moment Moonyeong and Jaehyun entered the class, Baekhyun saw them so he stood and about to walk away when you held his thumb, an action that was too random to stop him. 

"I'll join" grinning at Baekhyun. His eyes were gleaming when it met your eye-smile. His heart fluttered when you held the thumb of his hand, so casual as if you were a close friend of his. He returned with a smile and then you released his thumb, continued copying the notes for history subject.

You were very aware and conscious of Jaehyun's presence so you kept your head low, pretending to be busy so you would be able to ignore him. To be honest, you weren't sure what feeling was that. He was with Moonyeong most of the time yet he said he had a crush on you. Yes, he had... It was in the past but his actions were weird or you overthink? You were not sure regarding this.

On the other hand, Jaehyun was shooting daggers at Baekhyun with his gaze, appeared aloof when Baekhyun gave him a smile for sitting on his place. Jaehyun was distant and cold, not in the mood to reply so he just went back to his place, wasn't sure what feeling he was facing or he was still in his puberty stage to feel annoyed especially when you held his thumb. You could totally ignore him and you chose to be nice to a person who wasn't that close to you yet. He observed that in class, you didn't have many friends, except Jelly and Moonyeong and you were not that friendly towards boys perhaps except Baekhyun since you were too nice to him earlier.

 

 

You were up early this morning because of some works assigned to both you and Jelly as newbie prefects. You went to Jelly's house the first thing and waited for her at the gate. You greeted her mom when she was heading out to work.

"Yujinnie, why a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter