Your deepest secret

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was strange. The hug was strange. His heart skipped a beat when your tiny frame wrapped your short arms around his waist tightly. He wasn't accustomed to this but he wasn't complaining either. He found this action of yours adorable...

"I miss you, crybaby" that phrase echoed in his ears, over and over again. The word, 'miss' melted in his heart slowly. He tilted his head down to stare at you, eyes fixated at your hair, inhaling the strawberry scent emanated that lingered in his nostrils. His childhood crush is hugging him...

When he wanted to say something, the school bell rang causing you to release your arms around him. You reached a hand out for him to shake, indicating you were genuine in apologizing and ready to be on good terms with him again.

"Crybaby, let's be good friend again?"

He didn't hesitate but he opted to annoy you so he bent to reach your height and stared straight into your eyes.

"I'll think about it and let you know, shorty" his lips broke into a playful smile, his dimples accentuated, flashing you his infamous grin.

Your brows were slowly knitted, Jaehyun is so difficult.

"Yah..." you commented, annoyed and irritated with his behaviour. 

He patted on your head twice as if you were a pup, being obedient, wagging your tail at him. 

"Let's go to class" he suggested, left you hanging and started walking backwards to tease you. He tucked his hands into the pocket of his slacks, his eyes fixated at you, displaying a very playful trait you had yet to discover. 

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo I'm Choi.." you stopped introducing yourself, no... Your last name isn't Choi here, it supposed to be 'Chae'. You displayed a blank expression for a short period of time, probably searching the name you were supposed to own. The moment you took a while to introduce yourself had the class questioned the odd you, all mouths were busy whispering amongst themselves. So their impression was 'Wait, this girl doesn't even know her own name?'

"I'm Chae Yujin. Nice to meet you all" the corner of your lips tugged upwards after formally introducing yourself to your future classmates. Jelly was delighted, more than welcome when you were placed to be in the same class with her.

At one glance, you noticed more boys were in this class as compared to girls. Jelly and the girl you believed was Jaehyun's girlfriend Moonyeong was here too. 

Jelly and Moonyeong were sitting next to one another in the middle of the seats while you found Jaehyun was sitting at the far end on the right side near the windows in the class. He was staring at you intently, rested his chin in the fist of his right hand, his elbow landed on the table. There's this thing in his gaze... Since when did he become mischievous?

The teacher was looking for an empty seat but there wasn't any so a boy stood all of a sudden and was extra nice to you.

"Yujin-ssi, you can take my seat and I'll go take the extra chair and table" 

The class clapped and chortled in unison at this absurd boy for being the most famous playboy in this school. You forced a warm smile but shook your head at him in the end.

"It's okay. I'll take it on my own" the moment you rejected his good deed, the class bursted into laughter.

"Serves you right" another boy commented, he's a prefect in this class. He stood and went to the other class had everyone opened their mouths wide in awe as if the prefect by the name, Baekhyun had never been this nice to anyone before. 

He placed the extra table and chair right behind Jaehyun's seat. The only thing you had been doing was beaming at this Baekhyun. You were too grateful to have such friendly classmate considering you had never have friends besides the twins in your life. People were really good here as compared to when you were in your previous school.

This boy, Baekhyun definitely left a very good impression, he looked sweet and kind, emitting the positive aura that created a welcoming atmosphere for you.

He was fair, his eyes were like a pair of crescent moons, so bright and it sparkled, had a button like nose and a pouty-type scarlet red lips. You had to admit he had a feature of almost-like a girl.

Lessons here were fun, the class was full of laughter, jokes and even the teachers were fond of this class. However, all you could see was Jaehyun's head since he was very tall, sitting infront of you, blocking everything you see. There was no one next to you since your chair and table were extra hence you'd to tiptoe although it wasn't really working.

When the bell rang signalling the school was ending, Jelly came near your seat, bringing along Moonyeong with her. That girl eyed you from top to toe when she reached your seat, a wide grin escaped her lips.

"This is Yujin and this is Moonyeong" Jelly introduced Moonyeong to you and yourself to her. She had that cheeky grin plastered on her face and then stole glances of Jaehyun after that as if she learned something about you through Jaehyun.

"Ah.. She's the one who left last time and Jaehyunnie cried for days-" she was about to say something when Jaehyun chimed in to shut what his cousin sister was about to spill. 

"I'm going home now, Moonyeong. Do you want to go back with me?" Jaehyun leaned back against his seat and shot her a death stare but she wasn't intimidated the slightest. On the other hand, what you imagined was wild... Jaehyun is planning to go back home with his girlfriend, Moonyeong... Do they share the same bed? They must be really close to each another. 

"Nope, we are going to celebrate her joining our group. Do you want to go?" Moonyeong replied but you had no idea what they were talking about.

"We are going to a karaoke. You really don't want to join?" Jelly asked her brother, in a way wanted him to follow her but Jaehyun shook his head. He turned to look at you after that and said a huge 'no' to your face before walking out of the class. What is wrong with him? 

​​​​​​"What's wrong with him? I really don't understand" Moonyeong commented and then she turned to you. "Let's have fun today" 

She clung to your right arm while Jelly clung to your left, both holding your arms tightly. 

"Wait, where are we going?" you were dumbfounded when they started dragging you out of the class.

"Karaokee~~" 

It seemed like they planned everything beforehand, throwing a small party to welcome your presence and be Jelly's friend again. You had to admit Moonyeong was an outgoing girl, sociable and she could be close to you within minutes that you thought you'd known her since forever.

You were somehow glad to know that someone like her is Jaehyun's girlfriend, someone whom you believed suited him the best and would make him most comfortable with. 

Unlike Jelly who's more of a shy and the timid type of person, Moonyeong was more of a girl-crush type, one needed one another to balance their friendship. And luckily now added you, they both welcomed you very much although you barely knew them for that long especially Moonyeong. You also learned that after you left to live with mom, Jelly was always alone, she could hardly blend in with her peers because of her reserved personality as compared to her brother who easily could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter