New life

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You slumped on the window seat, opened the window wide and then rested your temple on it, checking out the difference of how the town has developed as compared to you last visited. 

Grasping on the bus ticket tightly, your mind started to wander. Inhaling the scent of freshly baked cookies and bread reminded those days when your grandmother always brought you those. Checking where the distinctive aroma came from, you turned slightly to look at the small boy around the age of 8 sitting infront of your seat with his back facing, munching a red bean bun in the bus. The corner of your lips tugged upwards, you used to share that with a cute friend of yours, Jaeri and then her twin brother would cry because both you and her would ignore and bully that crybaby. You remembered building all those happy childhood moments with the twins, Jaeri and Jaehyun.

When the bus passed by a familiar bus stop, you heaved a deep lonely sigh, it's getting nearer to your grandma's house. One more stop and you would be able to see your granny. You weren't sure regarding this to be honest. You just gambled if she is still living here in the neighbourhood because you never once contacted her after you were separated to live with your mom. What you imagined is still vivid in your mind that she is still a healthy grandma who enjoys knitting, farming and always greet you with the very loving smile. You straightened yourself now, still observing the sights along the street. Cherry blossom painted the trees, small petals created a flowery pink carpet that will soon lead you into your dreamy youth life.

You finally got down the bus, sauntered through the beautiful yet tranquil neighbourhood. You halted when you reached the house you once called home.

As if the gate had grown taller over the years, it was considered huge and high now with little white flowers and green plants decorating the gate. You still remembered those days when you used to climbed over just because your granny wasn't at home.

Ding dong! Ding dong! Ding dong!

You rang the bell once, twice and thrice but it seemed like grandma wasn't home today either. 

With the only bag you were having, you threw it over the gate that a light thud was heard. You were eager to climb over. You stepped on one of the holes on the gate, struggling to drape a leg over and positioning your crotch on the top edge of the small gate, making yourself steady when you heard some students passing by your grandma's house. 

"What are you doing?" a girl asked. She looked way too familiar that you thought you must've known her in the past. "Are you trespassing?"

The boy next to her fished his phone out from the pocket of his slacks, his thumb pressing pause on the song playing in his phone and then a hand reached his ear, plucking out his earphone. 

"Noona, why?" looking at his 'noona' and then only averted his eyes to you. 

You gulped when both paid attention to you trying to climb over the gate in a desperate manner. They both looked like a couple spending time after school and happened to pass by just to witness this very shameful incident.

The girl looked lovely and sweet, tied her hair up into a neat pony tail. Her chestnut eyes were learning every tiny bits of the shameful you wearing like a rag, a huge sweatshirt with a pair of long pants, definitely not matching colours but wearing it just to cover yourself. Not to mention, your old yellowish sneakers had holes that you felt so small upon this two you assumed as rich kids as they were wearing brand new uniforms. The girl's small lips were parted and she took a step back, a hand tugging on the boy's blazer as if she was afraid of you. 

Heat rose to your cheeks when your eyes locked with the boy. He was tall, 6 feet, a head taller than the girl next to him, his hair was in a comma hairstyle, gelled but not so neat when some of the front bangs touching his forehead. His skin fair and pale, just like a vampire, his hazel brown eyes deepened when he stared at you as if you appeared to be a criminal. He had the perfect bridge of nose and a plump, luscious red lips.

"Jae, call grandma" she nudged the boy lightly. She had a soft voice but it sounded a little shaky and when you averted your eyes to the nametag on her blazer, your eyes turned wide.

"Jelly? Jung Jaeri?" you remembered calling your chil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter