Regret

White Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin saw Yeon Joo typing something on her computer. She looked so busy stuck with all the folders on her desk. It’s been almost three days since Yoongi’s assault. “...Yeon Joo...ah…are you busy?....” “..not really..just a bit of report…why?...” “..c’mon let’s have some coffee.…” “…okay…just a minute…”. Yeon Joo picked up her handbag and walked out with Jin waiting for her at the door. “…okay…what is it?..you must be up to something…” Yeon Joo said teasingly. “…I’m just letting you know that….Yoongi is in the hospital right now…ICU…” “…what?...you’re not serious…what happen to him?...” she asked in shocked. “….he’s been attacked….and stabbed multiple times…it’s bad…the report should on it’s way to your desk…..”. Yeon Joo covered and slowly a tear rolled down her cheeks. “…why Jin?...why?..who did that to him?..was it the same people who shot Jimin?..” “..I’m still investigating it…I think ..it’s related and the same people…”. Yeon Joo wiped away her tears “..how is he?..” “..still unconscious…”Yeon Joo stared down at her hands “…go and visit him…if you still care…”. “..do you think I should go?...” she said in between her tears. Jin nodded “…you should…”.

 

She walked into the room where there’s only the patient lying unconsciously on the hospital bed. He was put in a private room away from the rest of the patients. She was stopped by the bodyguard at first but she showed her ID card as a police officer then only she was let inside. There was only Jungkook sitting by the bed then looked up to see Yeon Joo walked in. “…I guess detective Kim told you…” Yeon Joo nodded her head and she shifted her gaze to the lying figure on the bed. “..I hope it’s okay with you if I see him…..” “..sure…I‘ll be just outside…”Jungkook left her for privacy. The younger exited the room leaving her still froze in her spot. Slowly she walked to near the bed. Her body sank down on the chair as she cried. “..I’m sorry…you must have suffered a lot…it must be painful….I’m so sorry…please wake up soon…there’s so much I want to say to you…please…Yoongi…please…wake up….” she continued to sob holding the man’s hands tightly.

 

“…so what exactly happened that night…Jungkook?…” Yeon Joo was having coffee with the younger at the hospital cafeteria. “..we were having small dinner at the Japanese restaurant….well..it’s for Jimin hyung’s ….things has quiet down since the incident at the warehouse….hyung was advised by detective Kim to have bodyguards around….because he suspected hyung is the main target for the attack….” “..so where’s the bodyguard?..” Yeon Joo asked. “..well…hyung…only have Jung Hoseok to follow him around…since he has experience being one before…you know how’s hyung like…he doesn’t like being followed around…except with those he knows well…then that night…hyung wanted to go to the washroom…and told Hoseok hyung….not come with him…then that’s what happened…he was brutally stabbed…there was no cctv around the toilet area….most customers that night occupying the private room….”. Yeon Joo thought for a while then looked up at Jungkook “…please let me look after him….I just want to make up the time…”. “..sure…but call me if anything…I just don’t want to be far from him…”. “…thank you..Jungkook…”.

 

…two weeks later….

 

“.....this is police!…. surrender yourself!.....you all are already surrounded!...” Jin spoke on the horn speaker as the team surrounded the building. Jin finally got an information of the mafia group remained in Korea purposely for the revenge of the late Jeong Ji Hoon. This was after Jin contacted his source in China for information anything related to ‘Black Label’. After there’s no response Jin signalled the troops to ambush the building. There’s been gunshots everywhere and some of the men tried to escape but were captured in the end. More than a dozen of the Chinese mafia got caught and held at the station. “….some of the officers were injured but nothing is major…” Jin reported to the commissioner. “..do you know the root to the attached?...” “..I believed there are still some loyal followers of the late Jeong Ji Hoon…” Jin responded. “…but under who’s order?....there must be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter