PART 9

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

In a VVIP hospital room, the environment is not tranquil as it supposes to be. Ever since a baby is brought into the room, calmness and peaceful have gone away.

" Eomma, please shut him up! I'm not able to sleep like this!" kyungsoo snorts. He covers his ears with a pillow.

"why not you help me to silence him? for god sake, he is your own son!" Bora rocks the baby but the cries have not died down. Instead, it is getting louder. "Eomma thinks he is hungry," bora says as she feeds the baby with a bottle of formulae milk. The baby shakes his head in refusal, rejecting the milk given to him. "hey, what's wrong? This is the most expensive milk. It rich in nutrition and tasty," Bora consoles the infant. Bora has soft spot for a baby unlike her son, Kyungsoo.

"he rejects the milk? Then, what he wants to eat! I will get migraine soon because of his non-stop wails!" kyungsso yells.

"yah! Stop yelling! You are terrifying him!" bora reprimands. "maybe he needs natural milk."

"natural milk? Like feeding?" kyungsoo leans his back against the headboard. He has been lying on the bed for most of the time.

"yes. Kyungsoo, feed him!" bora orders, ignoring the death glare given by her son.

"eomma, I'm not a woman! I am not feeding him!" Kyungsoo shouts.

"why are you so stubborn? I'm doing all of these for you but what you give me in return? Another problems!" bora's blood boils with her son's antics.

"leave me alone. Bring out that human too. I don't want anyone to disturb me," Kyungsoo demands. He covers himself with a blanket.

"this human is your son!" bora yells.

"I don't care! He is not welcomed here! never! I hate him ever since he grew up in my womb." Kyungsoo's voices full of hatred and resentment.

the heated argument between Bora and her son should be stop. Especially, the baby's weep has distracted their attentions. they can discuss this matter at other time, when both them are in more stable emotions. Bora never tells Kyungsoo that his child died after birth and the baby she is carrying is not Kyungsoo's son. Bora keeps them as a secret from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo treats this baby badly although he does not know that this baby is not his own flesh and blood. What will happened if Kyungsoo knows the truth?

--------------

It is a miracle for Baekhyun to stay alive without Cho by his side. He lives like a walking dead after the incident last month. He lacks of sleep due to imsonia. He fears to sleep since he would always get the same nightmare. He dreams about Cho separates from him although it is actually happened in the reality.

Baekhyun still works at the bakery shop while waiting his maternity leave to end. After work, Baekhyun will help Taeyong to take care of Halmeoni as Halmeoni's health deteriorates recently. He quits his job as a bar singer so he can spend more time with Halmeoni. In fact, what is the point doing two jobs anyway? Back then, baekhyun struggled to give a better life for his son. But now, he fights for no one. Whenever baekhyun is longing for his son, he will look at Cho's sonogram. The black and white picture. Baekhyun does not have any camera to capture cho's beautiful face. Baekhyun regrets for not taking a lot of Cho's picture.

"cho, mommy really miss you..." baekhyun mutters, kissing the sonogram picture as if he is kissing Cho.

The next day, he works at the Happiness Delight Pastry & Bakery House as usual. He performs a cashier duty there. It is the safest and easiest task to do for someone who is still confinement like him. when there is no customers, Baekhyun would arrange the confectionery, cakes and breads at the showcase chiller and at the wood gondola shelving racks willingly.

"oppa, can you do me a favour?" the bakery shop owner, Kim Yerin asks to Baekhyun who is untying his apron at the staff room. wearing the official apron of the Happiness Delight Pastry & Bakery House is an obligation to every employer.

"what is it, Boss? Just spill it," baekhyun folds the apron and puts it into his shoulder bag.

"I'm aware that your shift has ended but I need someone to send this customer's order to her house. our delivery boy has gone home during lunch. all of the employers are busy and I'm in a rush now. would you mind to do this duty? I'll pay you more," kim yerin persuades.

"you don't have to beg me like that,Boss. Of course I will help you," Baekhyun grins.

"good! You are the best oppa! This is her address. Our customer is a head maid of the mansion," Kim Yerin explains while ing a sticky note to Baekhyun. there is an address written on it. " the foods are already at the scooter. After returning the scooter, you can go home, oppa. Thanks oppa, see you tomorrow!" Kim Yerin leaves the staff room immediately and goes straight to her office upstairs to complete her works.

Baekhyun arrives at the customer's address by a scooter. Baekhyun is awestruck with the huge yet elegant villa before his eyes. The security guards allow him to enter the villa's compound. The guards are the frequent customers of the bakery shop so they recognize Baekhyun. a gardener who is pruning a tree notices Baekhyun's presence.

"how can I help you, boy?" the gardener approaches Baekhyun.

" I need to give these to the head maid, Mrs Lee." Baekhyun shows two plastic bags in his hands which contain boxes of whipped cream muffin and sponge cake.

"wait here. I'll tell her," the gardener says as he drags his feet into the villa.

Later, a woman clads in black and white uniform arrives.

"oh, my orders are here!" the woman exclaims. "thanks,boy!" she pinches Baekhyun's mochi cheeks

"you are so chirpy, Mrs Lee. These orders must be really important to you right?" Baekhyun comments.

"of course. My son is going home tonight so my husband and I organize a small party for him. I'm so busy in the villa that's why I made last minute order. Luckily, you manage to send these desserts this evening." Mrs Lee takes the plastic bags from Baekhyun. "omaiya! I left my purse at the backyard. Can you wait for a minute?" Mrs Lee requests and receives a nod from Baekhyun. "don't go anywhere, okay? just stay at this doorstep."

A few minutes later, Mrs Lee While waiting for Mrs Lee, Baekhyun roams around the front yard garden. He is too engrossed in observing the garden, not realizing that he has leaved too far from the Sapele Mahogany Front Doors. Then he hears a loud crying sound of a baby.

"Cho!" Baekhyun's inner screams. he shakes his head. " stop your delusional, Bekhyun. there's no way Cho is here," baekhyun denies. He wants to go back to the doorstep, perhaps Mrs Lee is waiting for him. but his legs disobeys his brain's instruction. He wanders deeper into the garden along the sidewalk garden, the crying sound of a baby is getting noisier. No one tell him that the sidewalk garden will bring him to the backyard.

Baekhyun keeps wandering until a handmade fish pond with waterfall appears in his sight. However, the pond is not his focus. Instead, a wailing infant in a lady's hold near the pond catches his attention. Baekhyun draws closer to them.

"who is the good boy? You are! A good boy always listen to elder people," the lady talks to the infant. "stop crying. Don't you tired crying for the whole day?" the lady consoles the infant, patting his softly.

"excuse me, miss." Baekhyun greets her.

"who are you? what are you doing here?" the lady distances herself from Baekhyun.

"don't worry. I don't have any bad intentions. I just want to carry him," baekhyun takes a step closer to her. she covers the infant's body with her hand as if to protect him. "how dare you! requesting such thing! Who do you think you are to touch Young Master!" the lady spits.

Baekhyun is stunned with the harsh words by the lady but he does not get offended. He stubbornly grabs the infant from the lady.

"yah, let him go!" the lady shrieks as Baekhyun's hand travels to the infant.

"miss, stop pulling him," Baekhyun hisses. "you are hurting him." Baekhyun pushes the lady's hand from the infant. Finally, he manages to hold Young Master in his arms. Baekhyun the baby's face and looks at him in the eyes. instantly, the baby stop crying. Miraculously, he smiles, showing his gum at Baekhyun. the lady astound at the scene.

"Cho..." Baekhyun mutters out of instinct, forgetting that the lady is still standing before him. she hears Baekhyun's whisper.

" his name is not Cho!" the lady yells. "call him Park Hyuk," the lady commands, acting like she is Hyuk's mother.

"here you are, delivery boy!" Mrs Lee runs towards Baekhyun. "sorry to keep you waiting. I forgot where I put my purse but eventually I found it," Mrs Lee smiles sheepishly.

"it's okay, Mrs Lee." Baekhyun smiles in return. Baekhyun has trouble to take the money from Mrs Lee as his arms are occupied with the infant.

"whose baby are you holding?" Mrs Lee dumbly asks. She does not notice that Baekhyun is cradling young master.

"he is holding young master, Mrs Lee," the lady answers on the behalf of Baekhyun.

"what! Mina, how can you let a stranger to touch young master!" Mrs Lee reprimands Mina. "give him to us, delivery boy," Mrs Lee glares at Baekhyun.

"but Mrs Lee, young master is no longer crying right?" mina's statement catches Mrs Lee off guard.

"wow! You are right,Mina? How do you that, boy?" Mrs Lee asks in anticipaton.

"I'm not sure. He stop crying when I holding him," Baekhyun looks at Young Master fondly.

"he is asleep," Mina giggles. "he's such a cutie," Mina adds.

"yes, same like Cho," Baekhyun says in his heart. " come on, Baek! the infant you are holding is Park Hyuk, not Cho," Baekhyun's mind goes against his heart. baekhyun is longing for Cho until he assumes that Young Master is his son. Maybe, Baekhyun should learn to move on ? baekhyun passes the sleeping baby to Mina.

"I need to go back to my workplace. I'll take my leave now." baekhyun bows his head and walks hurriedly towards his scooter. If he stays there longer, he fears that he would become more reluctant to separate from Young Master. Even though the encounter between Young Master and him is short, Baekhyun feels like he had known the infant for a long time. somehow, he can feel the connection between them.

The next day, baekhyun is doing his job at the counter when Yerin comes. She tells him to send boxes of fresh baked chocolate muffin, chocolate pie and ketchup rolls to Homey Villa.

"Homey Villa? Where is it?"

"the villa you went yesterday, oppa." Yerin rolls her eyes. Baekhyun oppa is a forgetful person.

"oh, yes! I remember." Baekhyun beams at his boss. "wait, why I need to deliver the foods? We have Daehyun to do that. He is the real delivery boy after all," baekhyun politely objects because he does not want to offend his boss. "and who is going to replace my task at the cashier?" baekhyun adds.

"Mrs Lee wants you to come and I don't want to disappoint her. although her request is strange but I still obey her. she is our regular customer," Yerin explains. "I'll take care of the counter for a while. You can proceed with you work, baekhyun oppa," Yerin dismisses their brief conversation.

"okay, boss." At least, Baekhyun has a chance to see the infant that he meet yesterday. What is the infant's name? baekhyun racks his brain to search the infant's name. finally, a name appears in his mind.

"Park Hyuk"