PART 19

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Baekhyun shifts uncomfortably in his sleep when he feels his face is wet. He ignores the discomfort feeling and tries to sleep bag. However, haekhyun opens his eyes forcefully since someone blamelessly shakes his body while shouting "Wake up, !"

"huh?" Baekhyun awakes to see a raging Kyungsoo standing in front of him. Baekhyun is in trance from sleeping for more than an hour. That is why he does not respond to all of Kyungsoo's questions.

"yah, ! I speak to you!" Kyungsoo slaps Baekhyun and it manages to bring Baekhyun into full consciousness.

"Mr Do! You are here!" Baekhyun stands up and quickly bows to his employer's fiance.

Baekhyun does not expect for Kyungsoo to grab his hair furiously and calls him names.

"how dare you ! Cheating with my fiance at open space like this!" Kyungsoo seethes. Baekhyun begs for Kyungsoo to let him go but his grip on his lock is getting stronger.

"auch! No, Mr D-auch Mr Do! You have-auch misunderstood. Th-auch This is not like what you think!"

The noisy brawls has caused Chanyeol to stir from his slumber. A sight of Kyungsoo is still grasping Baekhyun's hair welcomes Chanyeol when he awakes.

"Kyungsoo, stop!" Chanyeol darts towards the two adults and clasps Kyungsoo's arms. "Release him." Chanyeol intimidates and Kyungsoo obeys. Baekhyun steps backward and keeps his head low since he is afraid to make eye contact with Kyungsoo. He knows that the doe-eyed male shots a death glare at him.

"everyone is looking at us!" Chanyeol says while looking at his surrounding. Many beach visitors are paying attention to them after the ruckus. "you should be ashamed of yourself!"

"why should I? it is you who cheat with this ugly nanny!" Kyungsoo exasperates while pointing at Baekhyun. The beach visitors whisper to each other and make their own speculation after hearing the word 'cheat' uttered by Kyungsoo. Some of them is looking at Baekhyun with disgust expression and he can hear their whisper like "what a shamelessly person! Don't you have any single man to seduce?" and "this person is disgusting. she looks innocent, well don't get fooled by her face."

"do you really need to stick your nose into other people's business? Do you want me to sue all of you? Go!" Chanyeol demands with menace to a group of people who are still watching and even taking video of his quarrel with Kyungsoo. The group of people dismiss after being threatened by Chanyeol.

Chanyeol is not in the mood to proceed with the picnic. He carries a sleeping Hyuk in his arms and drags baekhyun to the car park. He leaves Kyungsoo there. "we're going home," Chanyeol tells Baekhyun who is keep looking back at their picnic site.

"b-but, we haven't tidy up our picnic site yet." Baekhyun worries if they head back to the mansion without clearing up the mess they've done. The Pororo mats, the beach umbrella, the food basket and the pillows are still at their picnic site.

"no worries, I'll call my men to tidy them up," Chanyeol says smugly.

"lucky for rich people like you. All things can be settled by money," Baekhyun mumbles and he looks cute to Chanyeol. But, the cuteness cannot bring Chanyeol a good mood for now.

"Chanyeol, how could you to leave me alone here!" Kyungsoo whines while following behind Chanyeol. "we haven't finish discuss yet, Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol abruptly stops and pinches his nose bridge. "let'a discuss at the mansion,okay? I don't want to be the center of attraction here." Then, Chanyeol and Baekhyun hops into the car. They set off for home and leave Kyungsoo at the car park.

"still remember to go home?" Grandma Park sneers once Chanyeol and Baekhyun enter the mansion. Chanyeol gestures Baekhyun towards the nursery room. Baekhyun brings Hyuk upstairs while Chanyeol stays in the living room. Chanyeol sits across his grandma who is staring at Baekhyun. Only then Chanyeol realizes Kyungsoo's presence beside his grandma. He is seeping a cup of tea with his pinky finger out.

"what is it now, Grandma?" Chanyeol asks. He also drinks the white tea served by the maid.

"why did you need to treat Kyungsoo badly? He came to beach because he yearned to see his fiance and his son," Grandma Park scolds Chanyeol.

"he deserved," Chanyeol says curtly. "he embarrassed Betty and me at the beach," Chanyeol defends.

"are you siding that maid?" Kyungsoo boils. "huh, you are showing me that you really have an affair with that !" Kyungsoo provokes.

"her name is Betty and she is not a maid! She is your son's nanny," Chanyeol hisses. "she is the one who taking care of Hyuk while you busy with your stupid job!" Chanyeol emphasizes.

"enough!" Grandma Park interrupts. Suddenly, the living room becomes silent."i'm not here to see both of you bickering!" she adds. "I know Kyungsoo is at fault for ignoring you and Hyuk. He rather chose his career than the two of you. But now he has changed!"

"Halmeoni is right, Yeol. i just realize how important you and Hyuk in my life. I miss you every day. I made the worst decision. I ran after the modelling world and forgot about you and Hyuk. I terminated my contract with the modelling agency because I wanted to focus on my family. I was going to tell you this before I found you slumbered while hugging that woman. Of course I got mad at you! You disappointed me!" Kyungsoo scowls at him defiantly.

"you went missing for nearly 6 months from Hyuk and I. Now, you appear in front of us and want us to accept you easily? In your dream!"

"Park Chanyeol! Sit down!" Grandma Park warns when Chanyeol raises his from the sofa. "give him chance, Chanyeol. Kyungsoo is not selfish like before. He really wants to take care of his son and repair his relationship with you," Grandma Park consoles.

"i'm sorry Yeol. I really am," Kyungsoo begs.

Chanyeol does not say anything for several minutes. he just stare at Kyungsoo and his grandmother. "okay,fine!" Chanyeol shouts. Even if he refuses to forgive Kyungsoo, Grandma Park will do anything to make him to change his mind. Unfortunately, Chanyeol and Grandma Park do not realize the evil smirk curve on Kyungsoo's lips after Chanyeol agrees to give him chance.

"stupid parks," Kyungsoo self talks silently.

During the first week of Kyungsoo's stay in the mansion, Chanyeol was distinct and harsh on Kyungsoo although they shared the same bedroom. He avoided his fiance and slept in the nursery room. His interaction with Baekhyun also minimized. He only asked about necessary things to Baekhyun and did not crack jokes like he usually did.

The next week, Chanyeol seems to accept Kyungsoo into his life. He is touched with Kyungsoo's efforts to win his heart. kyungsoo prepares his work attires, serves his breakfast, brings him lunch to his office and welcomes Chanyeol home warmly. chanyeol starts to sleep in the same room with Kyungsoo. they often have pillow talk before sleep. Within short days, Chanyeol's relationship with Kyungsoo has improved.

"Kyungsoo has totally changed. He does his best to be a good fiance and parent," Chanyeol assumes while peeking at Kyungsoo who is busy in the kitchen.

"American breakfast is ready." Kyungsoo served two plates of toasts, scramble eggs and sausages on the table. Kyungsoo accompanies his fiance to eat breakfast. After Chanyeol has done eating his breakfast, Kyungsoo quickly stops Chanyeol before heading to his office.

"Yeol, wait. You're not in rush right?" Kyungsoo asks.

"No. I only have meeting at 11 am," Chanyeol replies.

"okay....so, what is your decision? Do you agree with me?" Kyungsoo nervous.

At first, Chanyeol is confused with Kyungsoo's question. 'what decision?' Chanyeol wonders himself. Then, last night scene appear in his mind making him understand what is Kyungsoo referring to.

Last night, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had pillow talk as their routine before sleep. When Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo about his progress with Hyuk, the latter sighed. He requested to fire Betty because Hyuk loved to be with his nanny than him.

"it's not easy to get close with my own son," Kyungsoo complains. "he is more comfortable with his nanny than his own mother. Yeol, if you don't want to fire her.... can we give some days off to Betty? So that, I can get closer with Hyuk without her interruption. Is she stays around Hyuk, Hyuk will depend on her and I never get the chance to make him comfortable with me." Kyungsoo pleAds.

Chanyeol sees all of Kyungsoo's efforts to be a good mother figure to their son.

Kyungsoo learned everything about Hyuk from Betty. How to bathe the toddler, how to dress him up, how to apply baby oil and lotion, how to make puree and many lessons had been taught by Betty. but, Hyuk preferred for himself to be taken care by Betty. He would cry when Kyungsoo tried to bathe him. The same happened when Kyungsoo attempted to feed or to dress him up or to play with him or to change his diaper. Hyuk avoided any physical contact with Kyungsoo. It annoyed Kyungsoo. There was one night, Hyuk cried hysterically. Chanyeol checked his diaper was still dry and Hyuk rejected to be fed. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo cradled him to sleep for almost an hour but his cries was getting louder. Then, Chanyeol brought the wailing baby to Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun took the baby from Chanyeol. The baby directly stopped crying when Baekhyun rocked him to sleep.

Of course Kyungsoo was reluctant to get Baekhyun's help because he thought he could make his son to stop crying. But Hyuk became more aggressive in Kyungsoo's hold.

"alright,Kyungsoo. I'll talk to Betty later." Chanyeol gives a peck on his fiance's lips before going to his work.

Baekhyun is playing ball game with Hyuk in the nursery room. Kyungsoo is there too but he just stays at the corner of the room with a sulky face. Hyuk will attack him with building blocks if he comes nearer. Baekhyun rolls the medium-sized ball towards him and watches stop it. Baekhyun applauds and asks for the baby to roll it back to him. Baekhyun cheers for the baby even if the ball does not come back to him. Everyone in the room does not realize with Chanyeol's existence at the doorway. He is observing his son who is happily playing a game with his nanny. When Hyuk carelessly rolls the ball to Kyungsoo, the baby does not approach his mother to take the ball. Kyungsoo calls him but he does not move even an inch. Hyuk's reaction irritated Kyungsoo so he gives up and rolls the ball to Baekhyun. Chanyeol pities Kyungsoo to be treated that way by his their son. He persuades himself that his decision is the best. He steps into the room and clears his throat, interrupting the fun that his son is having with his nanny. Noticing his father's presence, the baby cruises towards Chanyeol and hugs his legs.

"hey, Champion. Miss me already?" Chanyeol laughs and jovially ruffles his son's hair. Chanyeol carries the baby in his arm. The baby giggles when his father smooches his chubby cheeks. "uhm Betty, I've something to tell you," Chanyeol says while walking towards the window. Kyungsoo trails after his fiance and stands next to him.

"i'm listening, Master Park," baekhyun stops tidying up Hyuk's toys and focuses on his employer's words.

"My fiance and I will bring hyuk for a trip to Jeju this week. Since Hyuk is coming with us, so you don't have to take care of him. So, we are giving you some days off until next week. don't' worry, you're still getting paid."

Baekhyun is confused to be content or sad with the news. After working for months as a nanny in this mansion, days off are the right moment for him to rest well and relax his tiring body. But on the other side, he feels depressed to be separated from Hyuk. He has fallen in love with the baby and he is unwilling to stay apart from him. He can reject his employer's offer and demands to follow them to be with Hyuk but he knows his place. He should give space and privacy to the little family.

"if you say so, I must obey it, Master Park. Enjoy your trips," Baekhyun cheers despite the bitterness feeling inside his heart.

"my flight is on Friday morning. You can begin your free day on Friday," Chanyeol adds. Baekhyun's sorrow face goes unnoticed by the couple.

Everything is okay on the first day in Jeju Island and they did few activities as family in the Lotte Resort Jeju Art Villas. But on the second day, Hyuk's temperature raises and he cries the whole night. The baby feels warm to touch and have flushed cheeks. They brings the baby to the clinic and the doctor diagnoses that Hyuk is just having fever. It is their third day in Jeju Island and Hyuk's fever does not cool down.it should be an exciting and enjoyable holiday for the Park little family. Due to Hyuk's health, their vacation is filled with lack of sleeps, frustration, little arguments and problems. In fact, Chanyeol needs to cancel many plans to take care of his baby.

"why he is still hot? We give him all the medicines but he does not get better," Kyungsoo groans while checking on Hyuk in the crib.

"i'm also blurred, Soo. Let's hope for his condition will get better tomorrow," Chanyeol speaks while putting the wet towel on Hyuk's forehead.

Chanyeol lulls Hyuk to sleep,singing random nursery rhymes like Wild Geese and Half moon. At midnight, Hyuk emits a squall that awakes Chanyeol from his light drowse. Since having fever, waking Chanyeol up in the middle of night is Hyuk's favourite. Chanyeol approaches the crib to tend the baby. When he sees Hyuk's dry,cracked lips, Chanyeol quickly calls a pediatrician.

"you're lucky that I'm your friend, Chanyeol," Yixing boasts before reaching Hyuk. Chanyeol is fortunate to have a pediatrician as his friend. Otherwise, who wants to receive patient at 2 in the morning?

Yixing keeps frowning while checking Hyuk and it makes Chanyeol to worry more.

"what's wrong with him," Chanyeol cannot hold his curiosity any longer.

"Hyuk has dehydration. Did he vomit or poop many times?"

"No. He did not,"

"so he gets dehydration because of high fever. Does he take enough of liquid?"

"well, that is the problem. Hyuk refuses to drink formula milk and is not taking in too much at each feeding. . We only give him water and juice but he only sips little amount of them,"

"What? Chanyeol, this is a serious matter! He lacks intake of water.is he -feeding?"

"yes. Hyuk depends on -feeding. he never drink formula milk until this week. Maybe he is still shocked when we suddenly wean him off feeding. We're on vacation so we don't bring his nanny along," Chanyeol explains.

"Okay, just continue to give Hyuk with the medicine prescribed by the previous doctor. I'll give him Zinc supplements and Pedialyte. Since his age is less than one year, he still need or formula milk for rehydration. In fact, there's no need for pedialite if you offer milk. There's nothing that's in pedialite that isn't in the milk. And lastly, continue to feed him," Yixing elaborates.

Yixing expects a reply from Chanyeol but he does not receive any. Chanyeol is lost in his thoughts with Betty's face keeps popping in his mind. Ignoring Yixing beside him, Chanyeol calls his assistant and waits for several rings before the person answers his call.

" yeah, master Park?" the assistant asks groggily.

"prepare my flight to Seoul now," Chanyeol demands.

"uhm-flight now- what? Are you serious? Do you realize what time is it now?" the assistant gains full of consciousness when hearing his employer's order. "i know you have a private jet but people are still sleeping at this time and-"

"i don't care," Chanyeol ends the call with worried face. The only thing matter to him is Hyuk's recovery.