PART 14

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

After rocking hyuk gently to sleep, Baekhyun decides to meet Mrs Lee, maybe she has a task for Baekhyun. Baekhyun's job is taking care of Hyuk but when he has free time, he will assigned to help other maids. As baekhyun stepping down the stairs, he notices an old woman is sauntering in the mansion living room.

"glad to meet you here, Betty," Mrs Lee greets Baekhyun on the staircase. Baekhyun who is observing the old woman, flabbergasted with Mrs Lee's sudden presence.

"Mrs Lee , you startles!" Baekhyun gasps.

"sorry." Mrs Lee chuckles. "you were nowhere to be found jus- never mind," Mrs Lee just shrugs off about Baekhyun's missing for two hours. Actually, Mrs Lee was looking for Baekhyun but she couldn't find him in the mansion. baekhyun was neither in the nursery room nor his own room. she did not know that Baekhyun was taking Hyuk out to the park.

"is there anything that I need to do?" Baekhyun asks.

"of course. Do you see the guest over there?" Mrs Lee points with her thumb to the elegant old woman who is sitting on the sofa.

Baekhyun simply nods. "your job is entertaining her. remember, don't enrage her. she is quite fussy," Mrs lee warns him.

"sure," Baekhyun replies and scurries to the kitchen to prepare a drink for the guest. Then, he walks to the living room, while carrying a tray with a glass of pineapple avocado smoothie on it. the drink is suitable for elders, it gives them plenty of nutritional support and keep blood sugar levels even. This recipe is both nutritious and delicious. Baekhyun serves the glass on the Nebula Coffee Table.

"have a drink, Grandma Park."

"what juice you did for me?" Grandma Park quick her eyebrow.

"pine-pineap-ple av-avocad-cado juice," baekhyun stammers. Baekhyun fears that Grandma Park will recognize him and kick him out from this mansion.

"throw it away. I hate avocado! Prepare me pomegranate juice," Grandma Park demands.

Baekhyun puts the glass back on the tray and begins to walk to the kitchen.

"wait." Grandma Park pauses him and Baekhyun halts.

"yes, Grandma Park." Baekhyun twists his head so he can see her. baekhyun trembles as Grandma Park approaches him and walks around him. she examines Baekhyun from head to toe.

"you seem familiar," she interrogates.

Baekhyun gulps. Is she know his true identity? Does she know that he is Baekhyun?

A slap sound echoes around the room, followed by the sound of glass shattering on the floor. chanyeol who just comes home, rushing to the noise source.

"what is going on here?" Chanyeol questions fiercely. He notices the spilled green smoothie with broken glasses on the floor. He watches his grandmother is fuming in rage while Betty is holding his red cheek. Red cheek? Chanyeol quickly approaches Baekhyun.

"are you okay?" Chanyeol touches the red cheek with his bare hand worriedly. Both of them lock their eyes for a few seconds. Baekhyun blushes from the slight contact while Chanyeol can feel his adrenaline rushes through his body.

"Park Chanyeol! What are you doing!" Grandma Park bawls not so elegantly.

Chanyeol comes back to his sense, he directly yanks his hand from Baekhyun's flawless s cheek.

"fire her!" Grandma Park says indignantly. baekhyun is shocked with Grandma Park's request.

"please, don't fire me. what is my wrong, Grandma Park?" Baekhyun begs, kneeling on the ground. He already loves Hyuk as his own son and he does not want separate from him. previously, he lost Cho but now, he cannot afford to lose Hyuk too.

"yes Grandma. I won't fire her!" Chanyeol insists.

"she nearly killed your son, don't you know?!"

Chanyeol and baekhyun are confused.

"stop play dumb!" Mrs Park refers to Baekhyun. "you almost got hit with my car just now. " Grandma Park reveals.

"it was Grandma Park's car?"

"absolutely. Chanyeol, this woman caused your son to get in accident with Grandma's car at the park this evening. Luckily, my driver managed to brake the car in the nick of time. or else, your son would end up in the hospital. She harmed my great grandchildren! Fire this careless maid!"

"betty, is everything that my grandma said is true?" Chanyeol intimidates.

"ye-yes, Master Park." Baekhyun quivers.

"what were you doing in the park?

"the weather was nice and it would be lovely to bring Young Master out. He is stuck in this mansion for a long time. Young Master needs fresh air too,"

"for once again, why don't you ask my permission first!" Chanyeol shouts, punching the coffee table to express his infuriation.

"so-sorry...."

"I don't need your sorry!"

"I don't have your phone number, all the workers in this mansion don't have your phone number as well. How I am supposed to call you and ask for your permission,"

"you can dial my office number,"

"I did. The receptionist told me that you were busy. She even didn't allow me to leave any messages,"

Chanyeol grunts.

"you harmed my son due to your careless self."

"I'm sorry....i really am....i was careless that time, you can deduct my pay but please don't fire me," Baekhyun pleads, hugging Chanyeol's long legs. "I was buying toys for Young Master. I swear to you Master Park, I put his stroller beside me when I bought the toys. After paying the toys, I saw his stroller wheeled to the road so I ran to save Young Master," baekhyun explains how this evening incident happened. baekhyun lifts his head to look at his emploer's face and Chanyeol is looking at him too. "I promise you, this matter will not repeat in the future," Baekhyun encourages.

"make sure." Chanyeol replies and Baekhyun nods eagerly.

"yes, yes Master Park. I make sure when I want to bring Young Master out, I will inform you and I will keep a hawk eyes on Young Master," Baekhyun speaks determinedly.

Suddenly, a wailing sound is heard the people in the living room.

"hyuk...." Baekhyun whispers.

"betty, go to the nursery room now. my son needs you." Chanyeol commands.

"you do not fire me, Master Park?"

"go before I change my mind," Chanyeol intimidates.

Baekhyun gets up and bows his head. "thank you ,Master Park. Thanks for giving me another chance," Baekhyun mutters. Then, he hurries to the nursery room to tend Hyuk.

"you like her."

"I have Kyungsoo."

"see, you don't even deny it.

"grandma....betty is my son's nanny. I can't simply fire her"

"who is Betty?"

"the woman you slapped just now"

"she deserved to be slap by me. if I have my way, I already put her in the jail for nearly putting my great grandchildren into accident"

"grandma....."

"stop, Park Chanyeol! You don't have to defend her! what if she is an assassin? This evening incident was plotted by her?" Grandma Park accuses.

"if she is really an assassin, she would not run through the road to save Hyuk. grandma told me that your driver almost hit a woman who was holding a baby,"

"whatever! I don't trust her and I don't like her."

"grandma, I have to keep her at least until Hyuk turns 2 years old.

"she is careless! Find another nanny!"

"hyuk picks her!"

"what?"

"hyuk is attached to Betty. Only betty can make him to stop crying. he does not want other nannies. I will hire many guards when she takes Hyuk for outing. When Hyuk is older, I will consider to kick her out or to keep her here,"

"she is your worker, just do whatever you want. I already warn you,"

"come on,grandma. Let's stop talking about someone not important like her, okay? now, shall we go to your room?"

"fine!"

--------------------

At eleven in the morning, Kyunsoo wakes up alone from his beauty sleep in the master bedroom, indicating Chanyeol has been to work. Kyungsoo goes to bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. Then, he heads to the dining room.

"where is my breakfast?" kyungsoo grumbles as there is no any foods on the table. "hey,you! you! you! I'm talking to you! hey stupid maid!" kyungsoo shouts as the maid is still not looking at him. "stop walking and answer me, stupid maid with ugly frizzy hair!" Kyungsoo shrieks.

Baekhyun stops walking because he senses that Kyungsoo is calling for him. he twists his whole body to face his employer's fiancée. "are calling for me, Mr Do?" baekhyun asks politely.

"is there any other maids here? you are the only maid I see right now. furthermore, you are the only maid who have an ugly hairstyle in this mansion," Kyungsoo snides.

"forgive me, Mr Do. you keep shouting 'hey you! you! hey stupid maid!' I thought you are calling for someone else," baekhyun imitates the way Kyungsoo called him just now. "I have a name, Mr Do. my name is B.E.T.T.Y. betty! Call me by name, not stupid maid with ugly frizzy hair. It's rude," Baekhyun notifies him.

"I.don't.care." kyungsoo fizzles. "where is my breakfast?"

Baekhyun glances at his watch. Seriously? It is nearly noon and he is asking for breakfast?

"let me serve you with lunch menu," Baekhyun suggests.

"wow, you are instructing me now? telling me to eat lunch? who is Chanyeol's fiancée, me or you?" Kyungsoo snickers.

"It would be better if I am Chanyeol's fiancée," Baekhyun mumbles.

"what are you saying?"

"I'm just saying....unfortunately, you are my employer's fiancée," Baekhyun mocks.

"you !" kyungsoo's palm almost hits Baekhyun's cheek if Grandma Park's voice does not interrupt them.

"don't you have any better things to do other than causing trouble, Do Kyungsoo?" Grandma Park scoffs. "betty, you are dismissed."

"the honourable Grandma Park!" Kyungsoo sneers. "what are you doing in my territory?" kyungsoo snorts.

Baekhyun is aware of the tensed atmosphere between Kyungsoo and Grandma Park. getting involved in their argument is the last thing Baekhyun want to do. "alright, Grandma Park. I'll take my leave now," Baekhyun runs off from the dining room.

Grandma Park laughs. "your territory? since when it becomes your territory? You are not even a Park and this is my grandchild's mansion,"

"if you have forgotten...." Kyungsoo smirks, showing his ring finger to Grandma Park. "do you see this silver band on my ring finger? Chanyeol or should I say my FIANCE proposed me?"

Grandma Park laughs again. "just fiancé. Not his husband. It means that you can't monitor Chanyeol's wealth, dear," Grandma Parks reminds him. "and...you call yourself his fiancée? You wake up in the afternoon. You come home at dusk. You treat Chanyeol badly and disobey all of his rules. You never play a role in taking care my great grandchild. chanyeol does everything on his own without his fiancée's help! I think he is better to be single than keeping a parasite like you!"

"watch out, Grandma Park!"

"I'm talking the truth, dear. What is Chanyeol see from someone like you? irresponsible and selfish,"

"well, nobody can resist Do Kyungsoo's charm,"

"fine. Let's see how long your so great charm will last,"

"whatever!"

"where are you going?"

"my appetite has died. Thanks to you, old hag," kyungsoo speaks insolently while walking, not sparing any glance at Grandma Park.

"where is your manners? I am elders, you should respect me!"

"Grandma Park, I have photo shoot today and I need to prepare. We can discuss about manners next time, okay?"

"this kid. I wish Baekhyun is still Chanyeol's husband. if only I did not force him to leave Chanyeol," Grandma Park sighs.

---------------------

Infants up to a year old may only need bathing three times a week. Bathing babies more often than necessary can dry out their skin. Baekhyun concludes he should bathe Hyuk after two days of his last bath session.

"betty." Grandma Park enters the bathroom of the nursery room to talk.

"yes, grandma Park."

"follow me to the mall."

"mwo?! How about young Master?"

"we will not take too much time. besides, he is just fallen asleep right? I'm sure he will be sleeping for a quite long time. he is still an infant after all, sleeping more, awake less" Grandma Park assures Baekhyun. "one more thing, change your work attire. Just wear your best outfit," Grandma Park mandates.

"o-okay," Baekhyun stammers.

Few minutes later, baekhyun enters the car with his 'best' outfit. Grandma Park is already wating for him in the car.

"is that what you call your best outfit?"

"this is the best outfit that I have," Baekhyun replies shyly. He knows that he is ruining Grandma Park's image now but it is Grandma Park who invites him to the mall.

They enjoy the ride to the mall in silent. When they arrive at their destination, Lotte Departmen Store in Myeongdong, Grandma Park hauls Baekhyun's wrist and drags him into the mall. They directly go to the ninth floor of the store. Even though Grandma Park is getting old and weak, her energy and excitement in shopping spree would never wear off. firstly, Grandma Park heads to the perfume area. There are a lot of popular perfume brands like Gucci, Burberry, prada, Versace and the other brands in which Baekhyun does not know their existence. baekhyun was raised in hardship, he rarely ate and worked his off to live on his own. So, there was no point for him to care with those luxury brands. It was not like he could afford those branded items.

"Which one do you think has better fragrance, betty?" Grandma Park asks for Baekhyun's opinion, giving the samples to him to sniff. One is Candy Night EDP and another one is Prada Candy.

Baekhyun smells the given samples. "to me, both have great scents," Baekhyun gives his opinion.

"oh really? Well, I buy both perfumes," Grandma Park declares. Baekhyun is stunned because one perfume's price same as his salary. Let alone two perfumes!

"I change my mind. I purchase all the latest perfumes!" Grandma Park says energetically. Baekhyun's jaw hangs open while the salesgirl stays calm. She is used with Grandma Park's demeanour, it is not the first time for Grandma Park to buy all the branded products in one go. Baekhyun holds eight paper bags, each paper bag contains the latest perfume.

"okay, next destination, Versace!" Grandma Park walks to the Versace outlet. Baekhyun has no other choices than to follow her as well. She buys 10 Versace perfumes. There are 18 paper bags contained braded perfumes in Baekhyun's hold now. " I've bought 18 perfumes today." Grandma Park prouds. She takes out her I phone and snaps a picture of her and Betty, along with the 16 paper bags. She updates the picture in her instagram with a caption ' a good way to waste money '. "now, that Choi Ji Woo cannot brag about her wealth to me." Grandma Park smirks.

Yesterday, Grandma Park went to a charity function in Seoul. then, she met with her old friends there. All of her friends admired her for her wealth except one person, Choi Ji Woo, her rival since high school. She joined this charity function too. Choi ji won mocked Grandma Park, insulting Grandma Park smelled like a rotten wood in front of the crowd.

"my perfume is specially made for me. only one in the world," she boasted. She sprayed the perfume to the thin air, letting everyone to smell the unique scent.

"the cost must be expensive," one of the crowd commented.

"it is absolutely pricey! its price is as purchasing ten branded perfumes but, I don't care. My assets would not recede just because of this perfume. Unlike someone we know, she loves to brag about her prosperity but keens on using cheap perfume. Too afraid to buy luxury items," Choi Ji won hooted, the crowd laughed at her statement. she did not mention Grandma Park but even a fool realized that her critics was referring to Grandma Park.

"let's go to Gucci," Grandma Park exclaims after putting back her phone into her handbag.

"grand-grandma Pa-Park? you want to buy Gucci perfume too?"

"of course. Do you have any problems?"

"you already bought 6 perfumes. You should not waste your money-" Baekhyun has try reasoning but it is hopeless.

"am I using your money, Betty?"

"no.....no.....forgive me, Grandma Park. what I'm trying to say, you should buy clothes because we spend too much time here. remember, we only have time before Young Master awake," Baekhyun reminds her. Baekhyun should not advise Grandma Park to be a thrifty shopper. Grandma Park is not penniless like Baekhyun.

Grandma Park seems to approve the reason as she glance at her watch. "yeah, you are right. I am supposed to splash out on fashion items now," Grandma Park mutters. Without any hesitation, Grandma Park drags Baekhyun to the tenth floor, the floor which consist most of Grandma Park's favourite brands for fashion items. They visit each boutique at the floor. baekhyun becomes the victim to carry all of Grandma Park's shopping bags.

"which one do you think prettier, Betty? This blouses or Dior blouses?"

"what is Dior?"

"it is a brand, betty. We entered Dior Boutique just now,"

"oh, I see," Baekhyun grins, embarrass over his stupidity.

"you are so old fashioned, Betty. Do you seriously don't know the luxury brand Dior?"

"but now I know what is Dior. Thank you, Grandma Park." Baekhyun grins sheepishly. "I think these blouses are nice. You should check them whether they fit you or not," Baekhyun suggests.

Grandma Park agrees with baekhyun's suggestion so she tries the blouses in the fitting room. grandma Park manages to grab Gucci Double ed Wool Coat to put on a try. while waiting for Grandma Park, Baekhyun sits on the couch available near the fitting room. although Baekhyun is younger, his energy is not par with Grandma Park when it comes to shopping. This Gucci Outlet Boutique is the ninth boutique they have dropped by on this floor.

grandma Park purchased one item at least from each outlet boutique they went. Her purchased items such as shoes, watches, accessories, dresses and sunglasses, as long as they are branded and attractive to Grandma Park. since Baekhyun was already carrying a lot of her shopping goods, she requested the boutiques' workers to send her purchased items directly to Chanyeol's mansion.

as a result, Baekhyun has to carry 16 perfume paper bags, 4 boxes of Jimmy choo shoes and 2 paper bags of Chanel jewelleries. It is better than to carry the whole things that Grandma Park has bought. Baekhyun thinks taking care of Hyuk is a lot easier rather than dealing with Grandma Park's shopping spree habits. Baekhyun's leg are wobbling as he keeps walking for straight 5 hours without rest. He follows Grandma Park everywhere except toilet and fitting room. Grandma Park is taking too much time in the fitting room, giving Baekhyun a chance to relax his legs longer.

"pardon me, Miss. But you are not allowed to sit here," the boutique manager admonishes Baekhyun.

"It won't be long. Just 5 minutes. I'm so tired trailing Grandma Park around," Baekhyun pleads.

"you are so hard headed!" the manager snarls. " a lower class like you are forbid to touch this expensive sofa. The conveniences in the boutique are specially available for high class people, VIP and VVIP, not someone like you. You are a maid so behave like one!" the manager insinuates. 

Other customers glance at Baekhyun and smirk devilishly at him. Baekhyun quickly arises from the seat to avoid the piercing glare thrown by the manager and other customers. Afterward, Grandma Park steps out of the fitting room with sour face. She hands the coat and blouses to the manager.

"do you want to buy all of these, Madam Park?" the manager expects.

"no," Grandma Park answers curtly and goes out of the boutique. The manager is startled with the answer because Gucci is Grandma Park's favourite brand. Baekhyun is stupefied with Grandma Park's sudden behaviour as she never leave any outlet boutiques without purchase at least one of their products. Realizing that Grandma Park is getting far, Baekhyun hastily trailing behind her.

"Grand-Grandma Park, are you okay?" Baekhyun concerns.

Without warning, Grandma Park stops walking .Baekhyun who is trailing closely behind her, bumping into her back, resulting all of the boxes to fall down to the ground. Baekhyun hurriedly picks all the boxes and carries them again.

Grandma Park turns around to look at Baekhyun intimidatingly. "who allow you to talk to me, Betty?" she scoffs, crossing her hands over her chest. " a lower class like you are prohibited to speak a word unless I ask you any questions or opinions. Do you get it?" Grandma Park warns strictly.

"yes, Grandma Park," Baekhyun replies regrettably.