PART 3

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Baekhyun was not lucky enough to get pocket money from his father but he was still glad that his father paid his school fee. He only needed to buy the school uniform, stationary and books using his own saving. Holiday was Baekhyun’s favourite time because he could find more money compared to during school days. But, study still came first. When the school session had started, he just worked one part time job at a retail shop during weekend so that he did not tire himself too much. The shop owner had great sympathy for Baekhyun so he offered Baekhyun the job. Although Baekhyun had enrolled Jungwon High School for a week, he somehow succeed in searching another job.

Cafeteria worker

It was not permanent actually. Two workers of the cafeteria took an immediate resign and Aunty Suzy unable to find other people to replace. Then, came Baekhyun.  Yaja was imposed in Jungwon High School for Grade 10 and Grade 11 student. These students did not to go home to eat dinner since this school provided paid dinner for students. Baekhyun came to café after his class over and went home at 7 p.m.

The clock strikes 4 in the evening. The 9th grade boy quickly left his classroom to go to the cafeteria. He put his backpack on the bench and dashed towards the backdoor of the cafeteria’s kitchen.

“hi, aunty suzy!” baekhyun greeted cheerfully. he saw the cafeteria employer was bending over the freezer to take something out.

“oh, Baekhyun! you are already here,” she straightened her back and locked her eyes with Baekhyun. she puffed a little since thumping mound of ice crystals on the plastic bags that consist fishes was not easy.

“I need you to obtain fish fillets today. only after I manage to pull these fishes out,” her back was facing Baekhyun as she continue to destroy the ice crystal using her granite pestle. Repeated loud thud was heard.

Eventually, the sound of splattering ice echoed in the kitchen. Her mission accomplished. She put the fishes into a basin and handed it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun worked on the rest such as removing the scales on the fishes and detaching the contents of the abdominal cavity from the fillet. There were many works waiting in line to be done so he did his job faster. Eventually, a basin full of fish fillets were obtained. He wiped a sheen of sweat that trickling down his face using the back of his hand.

“baekhyun, can you throw that away too?” aunty suzy ushered with her chin, directing to the drink beverage dispenser on the table.

Less than half of the drink beverage dispenser was filled with yesterday’s leftover avocado cocktail. The drink was already staled. Baekhyun poured the staled drink into the basin which contain the fishes’ internal organs, heads and bones. When he tried to lift the heavy basin, he almost fell to the ground. In fact, the rubber outsole of his shoes were getting thinner, making him hard to make his way through the slippery floor.  He started to walk towards the door

“I have to buy new shoes,” Baekhyun noted to himself.

Baekhyun wore the shoes for 4 years already. Why wasting on a new shoes if the old one still can be used ? the shoes’ fabrics were torn and dull in colour. His shoes were dirty and even the rubber outsole got thinner. However,they were not Baekhyun’s concerns. As long as he had anything to wear, he happily accepted. Or maybe, this time, he should be desperate for a new pair of shoes. Due to the poor grip of his old shoes to the floor, he slipped over and the basin broke free from his leverage. Unfortunately, the basin landed on someone at the threshold. Accurately, the contents of the basin had landed on the person.

Splash

Baekhyun was busily rubbing his sore bottom because of the effect of falling down when he realized that someone was drenching in reeking avocado cocktail and stink fishes’ internal organs. He gulped nervously. He jolted upward and scuttled towards the person. The only thing that crossed his mind was wiping the boy’s face and school uniform using his handkerchief. This irritated the person as he pushed Baekhyun away and stared at him menacingly.

“I’m sorry,” baekhyun hurriedly apologized and bowed his body ninety degree.

“chanyeol-ssi,you are here! have you buy the items-oh,” aunty suzy halted upon seeing the boy was soaking in what she deemed disgusting.

The boy, Chanyeol, was doing his demerit by helping the cafeteria worker so aunty suzy ordered him to buy all the items in the list at supermarket. Actually, she was waiting for him because she truly need those listed  items to prepare dinner.

Instead of pitying, aunty suzy chuckled and tooks the shopping bags from Chanyeol.

“chanyeol-ssi,it is better for you to shower. Then,you can help us here,” aunty suzy clears and suggested Chanyeol to take a bath. She did not want the boy to catch flu.

“I do not have clotehs spare,” his face remained stoic but his eyes were ready to burn Baekhyun to his core. baekhyun was fully to be blamed here.

“don’t worry,honey! Kwang soo always bring extra shirt and sneakers inside his car. Indeed, you two share the same height and body size. It  would not be a problem,” aunty suzy assured.

“fine,” Chanyeol muttered.

“god boy! Now, go to the shower room and Baekhyun will bring the clothes for you soon.” Aunty suzy nudged Baekhyun since this brunette was silent for the whole conversation. In fact,he was the one who started this mess.

”I’ll bring them to you,Chanyeol-ssi.” Baekhyun lowers his gaze as he was intimidated by Chanyeol.

 With that,Chanyeol left the kitchen area after giving a death glare to Baekhyun. When the expressionless guy had left, Baekhyun felt relieved. Just now was so suffocated and Baekhyun intended to run away from his mistake including Chanyeol.

***

The journey to the locker room was nerve wrecking for Baekhyun. Only his footsteps were reverberating in the deserted aisle. his mind could not stop replaying Chanyeol’s angry face.

“relax,Baek. just leave the clothes in the locker room before Chanyeol done showering. So, you will not bump into him,” it sounded like a good plan to Baekhyun. chanyeol was twice Baekhyun’s size. A punch from him was enough to send Baekhyun into comatose. Okay, the comatose part was just too much. That guy was not that cruel,right?

Bekhyun was lost in his thought, no longer focusing on where his feet had dragged him. The ground was more interesting as he kept his head low,not bothering what beyond him. Before Baekhyun knew,he was already in the locker room .At the same time, Chanyeol came out of the shower, his lower abdomen was wrapped in the thick towel. He sauntered around the locker room while wringing his shampooed locks. These two people were too occupied with their own business, resulting them to crack into each other.

Baekhyun’s face in a beet red as he was facing the sturdy and toned chest, with both of his palms rested on Chanyeol’s s.

“this is awkward,” his brain chanted those words but he stay rooted in that position.

Meanwhile, chanyeol was dazed first. The fragrant strawberry seeped through his nose,making him unconsciously buried himself in the soft and sweet-scented of Baekhyun’s locks. This action had snapped Baekhyun into reality as he promptly push the hard chest away. Chanyeol was shocked from the lost of contact but he shrugged it off.

“ I…I…I am here t-to g-give you u-u-uncle Kwangsoo’s clothes.” Why in the hell was he stuttering?

Chanyeol grabbed the clothes from Baekhyun’s hold and wore the yellow t-shirt directly in front of Baekhyun. when chanyeol unknotted the towel around his waist to wear the trousers, Baekhyun closed his innocent eyes and covered them with his hands. After chanyeol was fully dressed, Chanyeol walked toward his locker and took out a paper bag.

“Hey,you can open your eyes now!” Chanyeol commanded from afar.

As if instructed,Baekhyun removed his hands and open his eyes. But the first thing he saw was a paper brag being thrown towards him. Fortunately for Baekhyun, he was able to catch it. he found a pair of stink school uniform inside. It not take a genius to presume the meaning behind this.

“you dare to dirtying my clothes then be dare to wash them as well,” he said as he passed Bekhyun and exited the locker room,leaving Baekhyun alone.

***

Chanyeol’s classroom was located at third floor,giving him a full view of the football field next to his block. Since his school was situated near the hill,he was able to enjoy the view the green hill through the window next to him. He was lost in his activity to the point he gave no respond to Sehun’s calling.

“hey,Chan!” sehun eventually nudged him to snap him into reality.

“what?” Chanyeol questioned, uninterested since he was still gazing at a group of students playing football.

“someone wants to meet you,” sehun stood in front of Chanyeol

“who?” Chanyeol asked boringly.

“I don’t know. He looks like a middle school students, so cute with his height and timid personality.” sehun said while looking at the door, to ensure whether the boy was there or not.

Few seconds and yet Chanyeol was still not even budged from his seat.

“come on. Don’t ignore the boy. I think he must has something important to give you. otherwise,he would not be here, struggling all the way to senior’s classroom,” sehun persuaded chanyeol.

“you say he has something to give me?” chanyeol doubted.

“Yeah,I think so.” Sehun rubbed his nape, he himself was not certain.

Chanyeol walked out of the classroom and met a familiar boy. They were standing at the quiet balcony because it was recess time and most of the students were at the cafeteria.,

“what do you want?” chanyeol asked curtly as his mind raked his memory to recall who was this boy.

Instead of answering,the boy a paper bag to chanyeol’s chest. Fortunately,Chanyeol was brisk to grab it. without further ado, he checked into the red paper bag and saw a pair of clean school uniform. something clicked in his mind. The kitchen’s incident.

“oh,it’s you! I don’t expect you to return this today!” Chanyeol remembered this guy. He was Baekhyun if he was not mistaken.

“yes,I am. I’m sorry for what happened yesterday,” Baekhyun averted his gaze away from Chanyeol. He did not know what Chanyeol had done to him as his heart was beating furiously. Let alone to look at the handsome face.

“ok.” Chanyeol replied shortly.

They were no longer exchanging words. Baekhyun could not stay in this awkward silence anymore and the strange feeling in his stomach worsen his nervousness. So,he ran away and stepped down the stairs at high speed. Chanyeol trailed the boy with his eyes.

“weird,” he muttered before entering his classroom while holding the red paper bag.