PART 13

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

It has been two months Baekhyun works as a nanny in the mansion. Baekhyun is there to watch Hyuk's development. hyuk is no longer awakes in the middle of the night. instead, he loves to wail early in the morning. When someone smiles to him, he will be smiling in response. Hyuk is also able to raise his head and chest when on his tummy.

It is eight in the morning and Baekhyun is ironing master Park's and his partner's clothes in the laundry. It should be Nayeon to do this work but she has fever so baekhyun cover her up. Although Baekhyun's relationship with all of the maids is sour, he willingly helps them when in need. As Baekhyun is ironing a pair of jeans, Hyuk suddenly bursts into tears and his tears reverberate loudly around the mansion.

"Hyuk!" Baekhyun gasps. He sprints to the nursery room without switching off the iron. In fact, he forgets to move the iron from the jeans.

When he reaches the room, he quickly takes the baby and sways him gently. Hyuk's face is red from the crying.

"it's okay,Hyukkie. I'm here," Baekhyun comforts the baby. As mentioned before, Hyuk is no longer waking up at 2 a.m. Instead, he prefers to awake at the peeks hour, when all workers in the mansion are busy. Like now, Baekhyun is busy ironing the clothes when Hyuk starts to weep. Wait, iron? Clothes? oh my god! Baekhyun suddenly memorizes something. While carrying Hyuk, Baekhyun dashes to the laundry room but it is too late. There is smoke surrounding the iron which is placed on the jeans.

"I'm dead....i'm dead.... What should I do...." Baekhyun chants nervously while removing the iron from the jeans. There is a big hole on the side of the jeans.

"where is my jeans? I've been waiting since forever!" a short, doe eyed guy growls. he enters the laundry with angry expression and still not realize the burnt jeans in baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun is still standing near the iron board with his back facing the angry guy.

"hey, you! are you deaf? I'm asking you where is my jeans?" the guy yells because he does not receive any reply from the maid.

Baekhyun turns his body around tremblingly. He carries Hyuk with his one hand and his other hand is holding the jeans. The first thing the guy sees is the big burnt hole on the jeans. The guy freaks out, grabbing the jeans.

"what have you done to my jeans!" the guy shrieks.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" Bekhyun tries to explain but the guy cuts him off.

"go to hell with your sorry!" the guy curses. "my favourite Escada Custom Made Jeans," the guy murmurs sadly. "even your saving is not enough to repay this jeans, moron!" he snaps.

Hyuk feels like he is being scolded by the short doe eyed guy. his eyes watery and in few seconds, an irritating wailing sound fills the laundry room.

"what with the chaos in this morning?" Chanyeol's deep voice susprises Baekhyun and the guy. hyuk does not notice his father's presence as he keeps wailing.

"betty, leave us alone here and shut the door," Chanyeol commands, face voids of any emotions.

Baekhyun leaves the room as his employer requests.

"fire her!" the guy demands.

"who? The maid?" Chanyeol quirks his eyebrow.

"of course, Chanyeol! She burnt my jeans. See?" the guy the jeans to Chanyeol's chest.

Chanyeol takes the jeans from the guy and throws it into the dustbin. "I'll buy you a new one," Chanyeol says calmly.

"what? No way! I only want THAT jeans!" the guy protests.

"Kyungsoo! It just a pair of jeans and I won't fire the nanny because of this!" Chanyeol frustrates with his partner's antics.

"wow! so, you are saying that you have fallen in love with her?" Kyungsoo smirks.

"for god sake, Kyungsoo! I only love you!" Chanyeol screams.

"you married again last year. Saying 'I love you' wont solve anything, Mr Park. I felt betrayed last year," Kyungsoo hisses.

"kyungsoo, please...." Chanyeol grasps Kyungsoo's hands. "I'm tired. Don't pick a fight," Chanyeol begs. Kyungsoo jerks Chanyeol's grasp.

"I'm going out today," kyungsoo declares.

"no. you are still in your confinement," Chanyeol objects.

"I'm telling you, not asking for your permission," Kyungsoo replies curtly.

Chanyeol annoyed but he tries not to snap at his fiancé. "are you going to the modelling angency?" Chanyeol inquires.

"of course, Chanyeollie," kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

"no! I don't allow you to go there!" Chanyeol orders, his voice full of authority. Kyungsoo halts at the doorway. He turns around to look at his fiancé.

"you can't stop me, Park Chanyeol. Who are you to rule me around?" Kyungsoo mocks.

"I'm your fiancé!" Chanyeol shouts.

"yes! You are my fiancé but we have an agreement, remember? if I accept you back in my life, you will allow me to be a model again," Kyungsoo simply states. He reminds Chanyeol about the agreement they wrote last year.

Chanyeol presses his lips. the more he says, the more Kyungsoo would object. Chanyeol takes a long stride and leaves kyungsoo at the doorway. He walks aimlessly in his mansion after his fight with Kyungsoo. Then, he sees a familiar person while holding a baby near the indoor koi pond at his indoor garden. the familiar person is sitting on the barriers around the pond. Chanyeol drags his feet towards the familiar person. He clears his throat to catch the person's attention as the person is busy admiring the koi fishes swimming in the pond.

The person brings his head from looking at the pond to look at Chanyeol. He abruptly stands up. "Mas-Master P-Park...." Baekhyun stutters. The familiar person that Chanyeol is referring is Betty which is also known as Baekhyun.

"you are supposed to work. Not strolling around in my mansion," chanyeol says sternly, glaring at the nanny.

"forgive me, Master Park. The environment here is soothing so I bring Young Master along," Baekhyun explains nervously.

"just because Hyuk is clinging to you, it does not mean that you can do other duties carelessly. I want to fire you." Chanyeol stares at the fidgeting nanny. Then, he stares at his son and his heart directly feels warm. "but I changed my mind because Hyuk likes you a lot," Chanyeol sighs. Hyuk smiles at his daddy, as if to agree with his father's words. Hyuk likes Betty a lot! "I will deduct half money from your pay every month to repay my fiance's jeans." Chanyeol should be fair to all workers in his mansion. initially, chanyeol does not want to punish the nanny because she helps him a lot in taking care of Hyuk.

"I don't mind, Master Park. It was my fault," Baekhyun admits.

"yes, sure it was your fault." Chanyeol glares at Baekhyun. " if this matter happens again, I will kick you out by myself." Chanyeol warns.

"I'm sorry," baekhyun whispers.

"Your 'sorry' word would not change anything," Chanyeol insinuates. "I already threw the jeans," he adds.

Baekhyun shakes his head. "I'm not talking about the jeans." Baekhyun denies. "sorry for putting you and your fiancé into a fight. You don't have to stand for me," Baekhyun explains.

"you eavesdropped." Chanyeol scowls.

"aniya! You guys fought too loud. I bet the other workers heard as well," Baekhyun defends himself.

"I didn't stand for you. I keep you here for my son," Chanyeol hisses.

"sure," Baekhyun replies softly while smiling. The fake smile to hide his dejected feeling. Why Baekhyun stupidly hopes that Chanyeol will notice him not as a nanny ?

Hyuk is usually asleep in the evening, precisely around 5 p.m. baekhyun glances at his watch, it is thirty minutes past five in the evening and Hyuk still awakes.

"hyuk, why don't you sleep yet? you have been awake for two hours already," Baekhyun speaks to the baby.

Looking out of the window, the blue sky and puffy clouds entrance Baekhyun. the view brings an idea to his mind. Since the weather is still relatively warm and there is no sign of rain, it will be lovely day for a walk. Hyuk only lives in the confine of the mansion. the other places that the infant had been to were hospital and backyard garden. Hyuk needs to be exposed to the outside world. luckily, there is a park near this mansion so baekhyun can walk to the park and back? that would be a good distance for him to get some exercise and also to enjoy fresh air. Baekhyun begins to get ready for their evening out. Diapers, baby wipe and a change of clothes. he brings toys to entertain Hyuk and extra toys in case Hyuk will get bored with the first batch of toys. He prepares blanket as well, who knows Hyuk will get cold outside there. Better safe than sorry. The stroller looks full to bursting when Baekhyun is done and he hopes the brief preparation is enough. Hopefully, Hyuk does not give him a hard time and their first time strolling at the park together will go smoothly.

An hour later, Baekhyun and Hyuk are enjoying the fresh crisp evening breeze breeze at the park and feel its tonic effect for a while. Spending time at the park is energizing for Baekhyun. he is being occupied in the mansion for more than two months. Now, he gets the chance to appreciate his moment away from the mansion. The scene before their eyes is one of pleasing animation. The children are the happiest of all. they run and shout, playing to their hearts content. Young people come for rest and gossip. Old men take their usual walk, some walk briskly, others trudge along slowly and a few of them sit on the benches under the shady trees.

"have patience, Hyukkie. When you are older, I will allow you to play with them," Baekhyun consoles, seeing other toddlers and kids waddle about on the lawns or swing on the bars.

Baekhyun does several activities with Hyuk. he plays the swing with hyuk on his lap, his hand clings around the infant's waist to protect him from falling down. Then, he brings Hyuk to watch a small lake with water birds be sporting themselves in it. there is enclosure in which rabbits run in and out through artificial tunnels over make-believe hillocks. It is a great attraction for toddlers and children. hyuk also enjoys seeing the white fur rabbits although he cannot touch them. he is almost 3 months old, too young to engaged with animals. the rabbits have exposed to the germs and Baekhyun fears that Hyuk will get infected if he plays with the animals. Hyuk's immunisation is still weak and easy to get sick. Who knows if Hyuk has allergy to animal's fur? Hyuk becomes central attraction at the park. Citizens mostly women coo at Hyuk's cuteness. They would stop and remark about Hyuk's adorableness. Hyuk would just smile up at them, showing his deep dimples. However, Baekhyun refuses when they request to take picture of Hyuk because he does not want the Park heir's face goes to public. Baekhyun deems they have been out too long so he decides to go home. He struggles to put Hyuk back into the stroller because Hyuk wriggles profusely, signalling that he does not want to go home.

"oh,hyukkie." Baekhyun giggles. "we come again tomorrow, okay?" Baekhyun persuades and hyuk stops thrashing around.

After putting hyuk into the stroller, Baekhyun pushes it. there are hawkers of all sort are carrying on a roaring trade. Some are selling parched and spiced gram, others are selling ice creams, fruits and sweets. They are patronized by ladies and children. a vendor who is selling various toys on the pavement catches Baekhyun's attention. few children and parents are crowding the vendor, looking and buying the selling items. Baekhyun pushes the stroller, walking closer to the vendor. Baekhyun puts the stroller beside him. then, he starts to choose a toy for Hyuk. the vendor sells many toys for baby at Hyuk's age, Baekhyun is having hard time to pick one. As baekhyun is busy choosing a toy for Hyuk, he does not notice a group of children is playing a game near Hyuk's stoller. the kids enjoy playing their game, mindlessly shoving one another. One of the kids accidently hits the stroller and the stroller wheels to the road. The kid sees the stroller moving towards the road, he panicky runs away from his place. Meanwhile, Baekhyun settles on four silicone teethers. The teethers help to relieve Hyuk from gum soreness. He pays for the toys to the vendor.

"see Hyuk, I'm buying you new toys-" Baekhyun says when he turns his head to look at Hyuk. he startles when there is nothing and no one beside him.

"where is Hyuk? where is the stroller?" Baekhyun searches frantically around him and his eyes land on a familiar stroller moving towrads the road. "Hyuk!" Baekhyun freaks out, a car with high speed is coming into Hyuk's direction. baekhyun scampers to the road, only thinking about Hyuk's safety. Baekhyun manages to stop the stroller, he quickly grabs Hyuk from the stroller and embraces him. Baekhyun swirls his body, his back is facing the car to protect Hyuk from getting hit by the car. Luckily, the driver brakes in the nick of time to avoid bumping into Baekhyun and Hyuk. baekhyun remains in his position, accepting his fate if he is destined to die this way. a deafening car horn honking sound startles Baekhyun.

"I'm not die already?" Baekhyun is speechless to know he is in a good condition. He examines his and hyuk's bodies, there is no scratch. "we are safe?" Baekhyun dumbly asks.

The driver is annoyed with Baekhyun. he cranes his neck through the window and shouts at Baekhyun.

"hey, miss! If you want to commit suicide, do it somewhere else!"

Baekhyun diverts his attention from Hyuk to find a furious driver from the car.

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun says guiltily.

"move aside! You are blocking our way!" the driver spits. Without any hesitation, Baekhyun takes the stroller and scuttles to the pavement.

"oh hyukkie! Thanks God you are safe." Baekhyun strengthen his arm around the Hyuk and smooches his fat cheeks. Baekhyun tucks Hyuk into the stroller and they head back to the mansion.