PART 29

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Today is Baekhyun's and Kris's wedding rehearsal day. The wedding planner and the bridesmaids have arrived at the location. They are waiting for Baekhyun and Kris.

"hey,Baixian. Irene noona is looking for you," Chanyeol informs to Baekhyun who is busy calling his fiance.

"wait, yah. Kris has not yet pick up my call," Baekhyun says in the car.

"hello Honey-"

"don't honey honey me! Where are you? Do you remember that we have wedding rehearsal today?"

"sorry honey. I flied to China after our pre wedding photoshoot,"

"you prioritize your work more than me?"

"it's not like that. Forgive me, Baixian. But I can't leave my work here. I prom-"

"marry your office then!" Baekhyun ends the call. Kris and his work as CEO are really irritate him.

Baekhyun hops out the car and tells Irene that Kris cannot attend to the rehearsal.

"maybe, Loey can replace him?"

"what?" both Chanyeol and Baekhyun are startled with Irene's idea.

"chill down, both of you!" irene giggles. "I'm not telling you to married Loey. I just want Loey to replace Kris for our rehearsal. Do you get it?"

Chanyeol and Baekhyun nods in unison. Initially, the rehearsal goes smoothly. Chanyeol as the groom, is waiting for Baekhyun anxiously on the right at the altar. Chanyeol imagines if this rehearsal is the his real wedding ceremony with Baekhyun. He will be the happiest man. But, it is imposibble. He has wasted Baekhyun many times. He does not deserve to be with Baekhyun. Chanyeol is watching Baekhyun walking down the aisle gracefully. The sea breeze blows Baekhyun's hair, making his bleached hair looks disheveled.But, he is still pretty in Chanyeol's eyes. The wedding ceremony is located at the beach, just like in Baekhyun's dream. Chanyeol regretted that he only had a civil marriage with Baekhyun in the past.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun cannot avert his gaze from Chanyeol. He feels extremely happy as if he will be marrying Chanyeol for real. Chanyeol is smiling at him. but, he should not feel like that. His real groom is Kris, not Chanyeol. at the same time, he feels like he has seen Chanyeol in that position. All of a sudden, he gets flashback of old memories.

A memory of seeing a person in a white suit carrying a bucket of flowers, was walking down of aisle. A person in black suit stood on the right at the altar, smiling while waiting for his bride. However, the bride was not him.

Baekhyun's heart aches when the memory appear in his mind. He can feel his heart break when seeing the two strangers got married in his memory. Baekhyun's head starts to feel dizzy. It is always like that whenever he gets random flashbacks. Sweat trickling Baekhyun's forehead and his legs quivering. Baekhyun's steps get weak. Chanyeol sees Baekhyun is kneading his head. He wants to step down the altar to reach Baekhyun.

"Baixian! How dare you!" Baekhyun abruptly stops at his place when someone is shouting his name. Chanyeol also freezes at the altar. A woman is approaching Baekhyun but he stays at his place.

Slap!

The woman slaps Baekhyun. before Baekhyun has time to fight back, the woman grips Baekhyun's hair. "you steal my fiance,! Kris promised to marry me!" the woman raves. Baekhyun holds the woman's wrist to break free but her grip on his hair gets stronger. Chanyeol tries release Baekhyun from the woman.

"let him go or I'll call the police," Chanyeol warns.

"do you think I'll be scared with your stupid threat?" the woman challenged. "I need to give a lesson to this !" she says before she pushes Baekhyun. Baekhyun falls and his head hits the audience's seat.

Baekhyun sees his butler captures the woman and brings her away. He hears Chanyeol calls his name but he cannot move his lips to say "I'm okay." before his vision turns black, a lot of memories come to his mind.

"Chanyeol! Hyuk!" Baekhyun shouts once he recovers after fainting. He is in his bedroom. Chanyeol brought him to the mansion since his head was not bleeding from the hit. Baekhyun removes the blanket from his body and gets out from the bed.

"Chanyeol! Hyuk!" Baekhyun shouts while running towards the door. Baekhyun remembers now. He remembers why Chanyeol and Hyuk are really important to him. He is startled to see his mother right after he opens the door. "Ma, I've regained my memories," Baekhyun tells his mother. " I want to see Chanyeol and Hyuk now!"

Seohyun does not allow him to do so. She drags Baekhyun back to his bed and locks the door. "you're not going anywhere, Baixian! Tomorrow is your wedding. Stop thinking about the useless man and his son!" Seohyun admonishes.

"my name is Baekhyun, not Baixian. Chanyeol is not useless,Ma! I'm not going to marry Kris because I only love Chanyeol!" Baekhyun rebukes.

"don't be silly! Everything has been prepared! You can't cancel the wedding, you'll put shame on our family!" Seohyun chides.

"i don't care with the this family's reputation. I am Byun since I was a kid, not Kim!" baekhyun reminds.

"Kim Baixian! If you disobey my order, I can hurt that useless man and his son. Marry Kris or I'll make they suffer. Choose wisely," Seohyun threats before she leaves Baekhyun. She locks the door and places 2 men on guard at Baekhyun's door.

Today is the day. It is Baekhyun's and Kris's wedding day. The altar is framed by a few oversized floral arrangements. There is a floral welcome sign at the entrance of the ceremony and flower petals down the aisle. The wooden slabs is lining the aisle. Fresh flowers are placed on top of the wooden slabs. The ordinary chairs have transformed into sophisticated show toppers with sparkly rose gold sashes. the additional silk flowers to add some extra glamour to Kris's ceremony.

Kris watches the empty seat at the left front row. he really wants his parents to attend his wedding but they have passed away since he was a kid. Seohyun has been escorted by the head usher to her seat. She takes a seat at the right front row. Kris and his bestman come in from the side of the venue and wait at the altar. Next,come the groomsmen, one by one. Kris is wearing a black tux that perfectly suited his tall and sturdy body. His brown hair is brushed up, showing his glowing forehead. He is wearing his goofy smile. The usually reserved and stoic CEO, is smiling at the altar. Finally, he'll be marrying his beloved fiance. He has been waiting this moment to come. He genuinely loves Baekhyun and promises to make him happy.

Reporters an journalist attend the wedding. Flashes from the cameras accompany the wedding day.

Then, the bridesmaids walk one by one and join the groomsmen at the altar. The maid honour is the last bridesmaid to walk down the isle and stands at the altar. The youngest members of the bridal party are the last to come out just before the bride, the flower girls and the ring bearer.

The bride who is Baekhyun and Mr Ahn arrive by horse drawn carriage to the wedding ceremony. All of the guest gap in awe when seeing the bride. Baekhyun looks downward, making the brunette fringe around his face fall into his azure eyes.Baekhyun stayed up and cried the whole night, creating the dark circles under his eyes. The concealer manages to cover it. Baekhyun's black tux is a total win to pair with his make up-Bold brows, smoldering eyes and bright lips.

"Young Master, it's the time," Mr Ahn snaps Baekhyun out of his trance.

"huh? O-okay." Baekhyun whispers.

baekhyun walks down the aisle, escorted by Mr Ahn who walks to his right. The perfect background piano music cannot soothe Baekhyun's nervousness. He is fidgeting and Mr Ahn knows that his Young Master is rejecting this marriage. But, Madam Kim Seohyun is a stubborn woman. She will not listen to her son's request.

"i'll pray the best for you, Young Master," Mr Ahn says before passing Baekhyun's hand to Kris. Now, the bride and groom are standing in front of the priest.

The priest begins to speaks his script, "We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decisionto marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy.Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams.It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish."

Baekhyun is quivering all the time until the priest stop speaking. Kris notices this. He peeks at Baekhyun who is on the verge on crying. Kris doubts his decision to marry Baekhyun.

"Wu Yifan, do you take Kim Baixian for your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" the priest asks.

"I...I...I ," Kris is confused. He does not know what to answer.

Baekhyun breaks down and cries. He feels utterly helpless. Kris realizes that Baekhyun's face is wet with tears. He knows that he does not cry happy tears for this wedding.

"I...I...," Kris is battling with his inner self. He really loves baekhyun and he wants to make him as his life partner. His or Baekhyun's happiness? Which one he will choose?

"it's okay,Baek. You'll learn to accept Kris as your husband," Baekhyun whispers and Kris can hear it.

So, Baekhyun has regained his memories, same like Mama Seohyun had told him. Kris fists his hands and he knows what to do!

"I...I don't want to proceed with this marriage!" Kris declares before he drags Baekhyun away from the wedding ceremony.

All the guests gasp in shock. Seohyun gets up from her seat because she is really surprised with Kris's stupid decision.

"wu Yifan!" Seohyun shouts.

Kris halts in his way with Baekhyun by his side. He turns his head to look at his aunt. "I'm sorry,Ma. But baekhyun's happiness is my priority. And you should do that too," he says before taking Baekhyun to somewhere else.

"Kris, why-"

"do you remember me,Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun is bewildered with the sudden question. "of course I know! You're my fiance. But now I don't know if we're still being engaged or not after you refused to marry me," Baekhyun replies dumbly.

Kris giggles. "I tried to you, remember?"

"so...you were the man at the construction site?"

"yes. I bought you from Baekbeom."

Baekhyun is speechless. He just allows Kris to speak.

"you brought me to a clinic to treat my wound. From there, I regretted my action to molest you that night. You were such an angle. You should leave me there. You should not help someone who trued to you. Without my realization, you had always appear in mind. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Then, I knew...I had fell for you. I searched for you but my effort was futile. Until one day, I came to Chanyeol's mansion for a business deal. Don't you remember, it was me who captured you when Chanyeol shoved you away from his mansion. In that moment, I promised that I would never allow chanyeol to be with you," Kris confesses. He gives Baekhyun a key.

"why are you giving me this key?"

"that is the key of Candy Town Mall,"Kris says, he nearly cries to break this surprise.

"I want to give Candy Town Mall to you as our wedding gift. That's why I want us to live in China after we get married. CandyTown Mall is located in China," Kris informs.

Baekhyun sobs. Kris is really sincere with him.

"the reason I had always busy before our wedding day was because I had to observe and handle this mall's preparation. I wanted it to be perfect before I could show it to you," Kris tells.

Baekhyun cries. He is sad because he cannot love Kris back. They've been together for 6 years but Baekhyun only sees him as a brother, not a life partner.

"i hope you can come to this mall grand opening. Although not as my husband, but you can come as my most special person in my life. You're the reason why I insist to create the mall. I want you to inaugurate the launch event, baek. I hope you can fulfill my final request," Kris requests.

Baekhyun wants to turn down that offer but looking at Kris' hopeful eyes, he does not able to do so. So, he nods in agreement.

"meet him,Baek. I know that he loves you. That stupid Park Chanyeol has realized that he loves you since 6 years ago. I'm confident you'll be happy with him," Kris persuades.

"you will not regret this decision,Kris?" Baekhyun doubts.

"i will regret for the rest of my life if I force you to marry me. It's unfair to you. Chanyeol and you are loving each other and I don't ruin your happiness," Kris assures. "I'm sure he is still at the beach. I saw him before our wedding ceremony started."

Without any delay, Baekhyun searches for Chanyeol. He asks the people at the beach if they see a tall man with wide eyes and sticking out ears. But all of them give the same answer which is "No." then, he notices the man that he has been looking for. Chanyeol is walking on the roadside, heading to his car. Baekhyun wants to call him but Chanyeol is already running across the road. As if in slow motion, Baekhyun sees Chanyeol pushes Grandma Park's wheelchair to the roadside before getting hit by a car.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shout while running towards Chanyeol who is sprawling on the asphalt. "chanyeol, hold on!" Baekhyun chokes out while putting Chanyeol's bleeding head on his lap.

"my channie...please, call the ambulance," Grandma Park begs while propelling her wheelchair towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun.