PART 12

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

It has been a week for Baekhyun to work as a nanny in the mansion. In the whole week, Baekhyun never bumps into Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. It is not like Baekhyun is longing for the tall lanky man. In fact, they would be better to stay away from each other because Baekhyun is not ready to deal with Park Chanyeol.

"Master Park will stay in London for a week," Mrs Lee told Baekhyun when Baekhyun realized that Chanyeol had not meet Hyuk yet.

It is understandable if Chanyeol incapable to see his son the whole week. How about Chanyeol's partner, Kyungsoo? Baekhyun is unable to shy away his curiosity towards Kyungsoo. It is odd to see Kyungsoo resides in his master bedroom and does not play any part in taking care of Park Hyuk. baekhyun notices Kyungsoo's peculiar attitude since he is tending Park Hyuk alone. Although Baekhyun enjoys attending to Young Master, the little baby still craves for his biological mother's love, care and attention.

"just forget about them and focus on your job," Baekhyun motivates himself.

Normally in the afternoon, he would be feeding Hyuk and burping the baby each time he switches . Hyuk is easily getting fussy while feeding so Baekhyun will the stop the session and burps the baby. He sits upright and holds Hyuk against his chest, Hyuk's chin rests on his shoulder as he supports the baby with one hand. He cups his hand to pat the baby's back gentler. Then, he begins feeding again. After feeding and burping time is over, Baekhyun proceeds with their daily routine, Kangaroo Care. Kangaroo Care is a method of holding a baby that involves skin-to-skin contact. It has been a week since Baekhyun practises the Kangaroo Care with Park Hyuk in stealth.

During his second day of working, he stumbled upon an article regarding Kangaroo Care. Baekhyun wanted to share this method to his employer and his partner because the method gave many benefits to their baby. With Master Park is in London and his partner locked himself in the room, Baekhyun decided to do Kangaroo Care with Hyuk without asking the infant's parents' permission.

Making sure that the door is closed, Baekhyun s his buttons front dress and releases his torso from the dress. He is topless now, his lower part body is still covered with the dress. then, he removes his fake s. Next, he undresses Hyuk from his onesie, socks and mittens, leaving him with a diaper only. Baekhyun lays the diapered baby between his bare s. He puts a blanket on Hyuk's back to keep him warm. Baekhyun is sure a man but since pregnant with Cho, he develops s until now although they are not as big as woman. Usually, Baekhyun and Hyuk would remain in that position for one hour.

When a mother is kangarooing, the infant typically snuggles into the s and falls asleep within few minutes. The s accommodate a baby's changing temperature needs. For instance, the temperature of the increase when the infant's body is cool and vice versa. Besides, skin-to-skin holding stabilizes baby's heart and respiratory rates. Kangaroo care also conserves a baby's calories and results in positive effects on brain development.

Seeing Hyuk sleeping soundly on top of his body, Baekhyun is slowly snoozing to join Hyuk in the dreamland. He is not sure how long he had snoozed off because when he opens his eyes, his ears catch sound of someone is running near this room. suddenly, the door is widely open with a loud thud, revealing a tall lanky man at the doorway.

"yah, why do you love to be in front of me!" Chanyeol groans as he forcefully shuts the door. "dress yourself! I'm not interested with your body!" Chanyeol yells from behind the door.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, his ex-husband is overreacting. Who wants to show his body to that arrogant man? Baekhyun tidies up his maid outfit nonetheless and puts the diapered baby into the crib. He covers Hyuk's body with a blanket. With a fearless expression, Baekhyun strides towards Park Chanyeol at the outside of the nursery room.

"you are here to work, not to seduce and flirt me," Chanyeol sneers when Baekhyun is standing in front of him.

Instead of being offended, Baekhyun grabs his employer's wrist and drags him to Hyuk's crib.

"how dare you to touch me! let me go, !" Chanyeol hisses with a lower voice because he does not want to surprise his son by shouting like a maniac in this room.

Baekhyun releases Chanyeol's wrist according to the man's request. Then, Baekhyun removes the navy blazer from Chanyeol and unties the grenadine tie from his neck. When Baekhyun's fingers come intact with Chanyeol's chest to the man's light blue long sleeve dress shirt, Chanyeol pushes him away.

"who allow you to touch me, ?" Chanyeol is furious with him.

"I want to help you to get undress," Baekhyun replies without any hints of guilt.

"are you insane? Why should I get undress in front of you? do you want to ually harass me?" Chanyeol accuses.

"see, I told you to remove your shirt but you kept throwing unnecessary assumption and question to me. remove your shirt or I will do it myself?" Baekhyun threats. For the first time in Chanyeol's life, a worker threats Park Chanyeol and he follows the worker's order.

"god, I'm hiring a psychopath in this mansion," Chanyeol grumbles. He throws the last cloth on his body, leaving him topless.

Baekhyun would be having nosebleed if he cannot control his hormone really well. A strong and well built body, toned chest with six packs and muscular arms, Chanyeol's upper body is such a sight to behold.

"focus, Baekhyun! Focus! Don't get lured by the perfect body," Bekhyun advises himself. "now, lay on the mat, Master Park," baekhyun says authoritatively and Chanyeol obeys the female's instruction.

After laying on the mat, Chanyeol waits patiently for Baekhyun's next action. Baekhyun takes Hyuk from the crib and places the diapered baby on his father's torso.

"hey, what are you doing?" Chanyeol protests and begins to stand up but Baekhyun prevents him from doing so.

"Master Park, can you listen to me?" Baekhyun scolds him. "stop moving or you will wake up the baby." Baekhyun is annoyed with his employer's stubbornness. "this is called Kangaroo Care. Kangaroo Care is the practice of skin-to-skin contact between infant and parent. This method is a very satisfying way for parents to nurture and bond with their baby," Baekhyun explains as he guides Chanyeol to lay Hyuk comfortably on Chanyeol's bare chest.

Chanyeol shifts awkwardly in his position because it is his first time doing this kind of activity. "how long I would be staying like this?" Chanyeol murmurs. Fortunately, Baekhyun is sitting beside him on the mat otherwise Baekhyun cannot hear the low murmur of voice from his employer.

"at least for an hour," Baekhyun whispers.

"I feel relax," Chanyeol mumbles while Hyuk's thin hairs.

"of course, Master Park! You must be tired after going outstation for a week right? Skin-to-skin contact improves your emotional healing so you will become calmer. That's why you feel more relaxed," Baekhyun comments. "Since you are busy working and lacking time to spend with Young Master, at least you can initiate better bonding with him by using this method," Baekhyun suggests.

Chanyeol does not make any reply. He concentrates on holding his son after a week being separated from his beloved son. Baekhyun is admiring the scene before his eyes. He is confident that Chanyeol is a good father and Hyuk is lucky to have Chanyeol as his parent.

"I would be happier if the baby that you are holding right now is Cho," Baekhyun hopes sadly.

Baekhyun wakes up in the night to find Chanyeol gently rocking Hyuk in the nursery room. Baekhyun stands for a moment in the doorway, watching Chanyeol's father side. The side that Baekhyun never sees before as Chanyeol dislike kids except Hyuk. Chanyeol is lovingly Hyuk's fat pink cheeks to comfort him.

"daddy is here, my dear baby. Go back to sleep, okay?" Chanyeol mumbles while swaying his son in his arms gently.

Baekhyun approaches Chanyeol and touches his shoulder. He offers to take over for Chanyeol but Chanyeol shakes his head.

"does he wants his diaper changed?" Baekhyun checks Hyuk's diaper and sniffs it to detect any unpleasant smell. "Young Master smells sweet as always. He is not pooping like the past few nights," Baekhyun comments and yawns sleepily. "I think he might want milk," Baekhyun concludes.

Chanyeol does not reply anything to Baekhyun. instead, he strides towards the door while carrying Cho.

"Master Park, where are you going?" Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol's arm to stop him from moving. Chanyeol hitches his arm from Baekhyun's grip.

"who allow you to touch me? know your position," Chanyeol scoffs. Chanyeol leaves the nursery room and Baekhyun trails behind him. Chanyeol realizes that the nanny is following him but he is not in the mood to argue with Betty at this ungodly hour. When they reaches the kitchen, Chanyeol quickly make Hyuk's milk. Chanyeol prepares the milk like a pro, he even drops a little amount of it onto his hand to test its warmth. When Chanyeol deems the milk is safe for Hyuk to drink, he guides the bottle milk into the infant's mouth. However, Hyuk jiggles his head to avoid the bottle milk.

"Hyukkie, what's wrong?" Chanyeol chides. He tries to feed Hyuk with the milk again but Hyuk stirs in Chanyeol's hold as a protest. "it is unusual for him to react like this," Chanyeol murmurs. "hey son, this is your favourite milk," Chanyeol persuades Hyuk.

Baekhyun chuckles, triggers Chanyeol's anger.

"what the hell are you laughing, Betty? Do you think this is funny?" Chanyeol infuriates.

"forgive my lack of respect, Master Park. I'm not making fun of you. actually, I have been thinking that Young Master can't move on from feeding," Baekhyun makes clear so that Chanyeol will not get mad at him anymore.

"I'm Hyuk's father. I know what he likes and dislikes," Chanyeol voices out arrogantly.

Baekhyun palms his forehead. Chanyeol still has a huge ego even in this kind of situation. Baekhyun snatches Hyuk from Chanyeol and heads to the nursery room.

Chanyeol has long legs so his steps are twice Baekhyun's steps. Within few seconds, he already walks passing Baekhyun and stands right in front of him. he halts Baekhyun from keep walking."where are you taking my son?"

"I want to feed him, Master Park. Do you want me to feed him here? in the kitchen?" Baekhyun insinuates.

Chanyeol surrenders to debate with the nanny. He moves aside so that he does not block Baekhyun's way. Chanyeol lets Baekhyun to walk before him. after switching off the kitchen's lamp, chanyeol trails Baekhyun to the nursery room.

"Master Park, you can come in now," Baekhyun speaks to Chanyeol who is dozing off on the marmar floor outside of the nursery room. Chanyeol is forbid to enter the room unless baekhyun is done feeding Hyuk.

Baekhyun squats beside Chanyeol and pats his shoulder to wake him up. Chanyeol jolts awake from his sleep.

"oh, are you done?" Chanyeol asks hoarsely and Baekhyun nods in respond. They walk abreast to the crib.

"when I stayed in London for a week, Hyukkie cried on those nights?" Chanyeol starts the conversation.

"hmmm,yeah...Young Master was hard to handle," Baekhyun giggles.

It was Baekhyun's second night in the mansion. when the clock strikes two in the morning, baekhyun awakes from his slumber. he wanted to go back to sleep but he caught a distant sound of baby crying. Then, the sound was getting intense, as if the crying baby was coming to him.

"is it ghost?" Baekhyun quivered. He braved himself to open the door and peeped at the aisle to search the crying baby. Due to his bad eyesight, he saw a person striding towards him in a blur image. Until the person was standing face to face with him, Baekhyun managed to recognize the person.

"Madam Do?" Baekhyun inquired.

Bora quickly gave the wailing Hyuk to Baekhyun. "do anything to make him shut up!" Bora shrieked. "you are his nanny not me!" she seethed and left Hyuk with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun instantly shut his bedroom door and swayed Hyuk in his arms.

"stop crying, Hyuk...." Baekhyun pleaded because his bedroom was not sound proof. He feared that Hyuk might awake the other maids. Baekhyun rocked the baby for a few minutes but the wailing had not subsided. "can it be....." Baekhyun suspected that Hyuk was pooping. Baekhyun laid Hyuk with stomach facing down on his forearm with head up over his elbow. Baekhyun sniffed the diaper area and he smiled. "oh,dear! You poop, that's why you feel uncomfortable," baekhyun said to the infant although Hyuk did not understand what Baekhyun was saying to him. "let's get your diaper changed, okay?" baekhyun brought the weeping infant to the nursery room because he did not have a diaper inside his bedroom.

After Baekhyun cleaned and changed Hyuk's diaper, Hyuk stopped crying. in order to make Hyuk sleep faster, baekhyun cradled him while humming a song. Hyuk would always love to be near Baekhyun because within few minutes, he succumbed to sleep. baekhyun pecked his forehead before putting him into the crib.

For the rest of the week, it was Baekhyun who tending Hyuk during the dead hours. it became his night routine since then. When the clock two in the morning, it was as if an alarm reminded Hyuk to get fussy. Instinct told Baekhyun to wake up at that time and baekhyun did. Then, rushed to the nursery room and Hyuk was already crying inside there. Sometimes, hyuk needed his diaper to be changed. Sometimes, he was hungry. It was not rare for Hyuk to whimper even though he neither pooped nor felt hungry. He only wanted Baekhyun to carry and sang a song for him.

"thanks, betty... for taking care of my son when I was away," Chanyeol says genuinely, the tone he is using to Baekhyun does not rough as before. Baekhyun gapes because it is the first time Chanyeol speaks nicely to him.

"no problem, Master Park. It is my job anyway," Baekhyun replies timidly.