PART 16

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Jaundice clears up within two weeks in formula-fed babies. It may last for more than 2 to 3 weeks in fed babies. Same with Hyuk who is feeding, his jaundice clears up after 2 weeks 4 days.

Grandma Park was the frequent visitor during Hyuk's stay. She gave a lot of tips to Baekhyun regarding how to treat jaundice baby. However, Kyungsoo never once visited hyuk. he didn't even contact Baekhyun to know about Hyuk's condition. These questions keep ringing in his brain.

"does he know that his son is in the hospital?"

"Don't he worry about Hyuk is diagnosed with jaundice?"

He wanted to ask Chanyeol about kyungsoo whenever Chanyeol visited Hyuk but Baekhyun could not bring himself to do it. when Baekhyun started to voice out his query to Chanyeol, Chanyeol would throw him a stern glare, signalling him to keep quiet. Hyuk's bilirubin level started to get lower and the doctor had informed Chanyeol that Hyuk could be dismissed in 2 days.

After checking the baby, the doctor allows Hyuk to be dismissed today. Baekhyun has already packed his belongings, waiting for Chanyeol to fetch him in the ward room.

Last night, Chanyeol told him to wait for him.

However, it is six in the evening and there is no sign of Chanyeol will be coming here. "is he busy with his work?" as he strolling around the VIP room to kill time, uncle song enters the room.

"betty, let's bring Young Master home," he says while carrying Baekhyun's and Hyuk's bags.

"where is Chanye- I mean, where is Master Park?"

"Master Park has an important thing to do so he told me to bring Young Master home," uncle song explains.

"an important thing to do? huh! Aren't we important to him?" Baekhyun mumbles and uncle song cannot hear him clearly.

"what are you saying, Betty?"

"uh?" actually, Baekhyun is mumbling to himself. He does not expect Uncle Song to catch what he had said just now. "no-nothing, Uncle Song!" Baekhyun covers and smiles to his nervousness. Uncle shrugs off the matter and guides Baekhyun to the car. Baekhyun knows he should not be sad because Chanyeol cannot fetch them. but, he is unable to control his feeling. Along the ride to the mansion, Baekhyun reluctant to talk to Uncle Song. He is not being rude. He is still thinking about Chanyeol. Uncle Song seems to understand with Baekhyun's sour mood so he just focuses on his driving while listening to the song from the radio.

A drunk person is seen entering Chanyeol's mansion while carrying a luggage. He has the mansion spare key so he does not have to awake anyone to open the door for him at this hour. The clock ticks 2.45 am and most people is sleeping at this moment. He shuts the door with a loud thud and noisily brings his luggage upstairs.

"when did you return to Korea?" the man's deep voice echoes around the silent and dark living room. the man is sitting on the sofa, his back facing the drunk man. "I waited for you at the airpot all day but you were nowhere to be seen. I thought you come home tomorrow."

"what is it now, Park Chanyeol? Just discuss this tomorrow. I'm tired and I want to sleep!" the drunk man yelps.

"I'm tired as well but I won't sleep until we settle our problem!" Chanyeol gets up and switches on the lamps. The living room turns bright, allowing Chanyeol to see Kyungsoo who is standing on the tread of the stairs.

"you really want to discuss now?" Kyungsoo challenges. "Fine!" he shouts, staggering towards Chanyeol. He stops in front Chanyeol, holding Chanyeol's arm to support his body. His head is spinning, the effect of consuming too much of alcohol. Chanyeol is able to smell alcohol from Kyungsoo's body at this tiny distance between the two. "spill what you want to talk! Don't waste my sleeping time!" Kyungsoo demands, hiccupping several times.

"you are drunk...." Chanyeol mumbles.

"as you can see...." Kyungsoo giggles.

"are you satisfied now? for embarrassing me and my family? are you happy?!" Chanyeol scoffs.

"oh, so you know about the Playboy Magazine? What do you think, did I look y enough?" Kyungsoo chuckles. Chanyeol's hard gaze gives no effect to him.

"don't you have shame? Why would you steep that low!" Chanyeol growls. "not all people knows about our divorced before the crash plane incident happened. everyone recognizes you as my husband! my spouse! You are my dignity. Paparazzi and reporters are always interested with your actions and behaviours!" Chanyeol warns.

"if you are so ashamed with me, then we don't have to marry again!" Kyungsoo shouts pushing Chanyeol's body.

"Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol grabs Kyungsoo's wrist before Kyungsoo could escape. "of course I want to marry you again. We have Hyuk between us and I really love you," Chanyeol speaks softly.

"it was not easy to be your spouse, Park Chanyeol....." Kyungsoo sobs. "it would never be easy to share my life with you."

"what are you talking, Kyungsoo? We once married for 4 years. 4 years, Kyungsoo! Are you doubting me? we can start all over again and I promise to be a better husband," Chanyeol begs.

"yes, we were married for 4 years. We were closed since childhood. you know everything about me, so do I. but there is something that really difficult for you to understand. I was not happy during our previous marriage. I'm still uncertain if I can be happy in our upcoming marriage," Kyungsoo voices out. All the sentences are not alcohol talking. he speaks truthfully about his feeling during their past. Kyungsoo has high tolerance with liquor so he is able to think wisely at this moment.

"you are lying. You were happy and so was I . Our marriage is the best thing in our lives. We loved each other before and still do," Chanyeol eliminates their distance as he pulls Kyungsoo into his embrace.

"if I were happy back then, I would not ask you to divorce me!"

"you were confused that time-" Chanyeol retorts but Kyungsoo is fast to cut him.

"I wasn't confused, Chanyeol! I regretted marrying you and still regret for accepting you back in my life-!"

"Kyungsoo, stop....." Chanyeol grits his teeth, holding back his anger. He is always weak when it comes to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's words are hurting his pride and his feeling.

"I even regret to be pregnant with your child and brought him to this worl-"

Pang

Chanyeol slaps Kyungsoo. He can tolerate when Kyungsoo swears at him but he cannot accept when Kyungsoo involves their son in this conversation.

"Hyuk is your son too!" Chanyeol reprimands.

"you forced me to have him......" Kyungsoo breaks down. "we had been dating since high school. We loved each other and got married. I thought that I could have my happily ever after back then but I was wrong," Kyungsoo grasps Chanyeol's front shirt for support.

Chanyeol is hurt seeing Kyungsoo like this as if he can feel the same pain too.

"you loved your work more than me. your company was your home and we only met during weekend. Even during weekend, you preferred to spend time with your friends or clients! Did you remember about me at home? You did not allow me be a model although you know model was my dream since we were kids. You forbid me from achieving my dream and ordered me around. the worst of all, the main reason I was not allowed to be a model was you wanted me to take care of your grandma while you were working. Grandma Park could take care of herself, Chanyeol! In fact, you hired Nurse Choa and a caretaker for your grandma. But why you still forced me to accompany her?"

"Grandma is my only family! as my husband, it was your responsibe to look after her! when you accepted me in your life, that meant you accepted my family as well back then!" Chanyeol protests.

"of course I treated grandma like my own grandmother but did it necessary to block me from going outside as well? Before marrying you, I could go anywhere with my friends. shopping spree, travelling around the world and joining functions with my friends, I was able to do those activities before becoming a Park. what I get after I marrying you? you locked me in your house, Chanyeol! You restricted from socializing. You told me to stop contacting my friends and focused on our marriage. I was not allowed to go beyond our home without your , Grandma Park's and my mom's company. I was alone, you rarely came home, let alone to accompany me to the shopping mall. You knew really well that I did not have good relationship with my own mother and you expected us to go outing together?"

Chanyeol remembers how he treated Kyungsoo as his spouse.

"grandma....grandma Park never liked me, Chanyeol! She tried to separate us few times. She objected our plan to get married at first but you persuaded her to accept me. Grandma Park was healthy, I didn't understand why I should supervise her all day. To be honest, I hated spending time with your grandma. Everything I did seemed wrong to her. she loved to critized me. she complained about me could not do chores properly, the way I cooked and about my daily outfits! She would always nag to me and compared me with other potential Park Chanyeol's spouse candidates. She kept saying that I was lucky to marry you because someone like me didn't deserve you. she wished that our marriage won't last in front of me! could you imagine that? Did you really think that Grandma Park and I can get along together? she chose to go shopping complex alone rather than asking me to accompany her. I lost my temper when she pressured us with the baby matter and blamed me because we didn't have kids yet even after 4 years of marriage. Your grandma schemed healthy meals for me to boost my fertility. She forced me to eat supplements and vitamins without realizing that I had allergies with the vitamin' and supplement's ingredients. She even pried into our private life. She demanded us to do ual position that can get me pregnant and called us at 2 am because she said it was the best time to make baby! Both of you and Gradnma Park controlled me!"

"come on, Kyungsoo. Grandma Park did all that for our benefits. We were married couple and we should have kids,"

"yeah our benefits my . The kid was used for company sake. Where were you when I had to do hospital check up for my fertility? When I became emotional due to excessive fertility hormone in my body? People asked why we did not have a baby yet and grandma would always blame me. she told the people that I was barren and what did you do that time Park Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol keeps mum. He realizes he did wrong last time.

"you just silent and let your grandma to blame in front of your colleagues, clients and employees!"

"I already told you, don't grandma's words into your heart!"

"easy said than done!" Kyungsoo yells. "you didn't treat me the way I was supposed to be treat. You listened to your grandma more than me. I wondered, who was your priority? Me or gradma? Divorce was the best solution for us and Grandma Park agreed with that. I wasn't surprised because I knew grandma hated me."

"I gave you everything, Kyungsoo. Branded clothes, cosmetic products, a big house, a luxury car, jewelleries and anything. What else do you need?"

"of course you bought me a sport car but I never used that sport car! You kept me in the house, I would never get the chance to use it. the house was too big for a lonely person like me. I had a husband but it looked like I never have one. I needed your attention, Yeol. Not all the luxury items! You occasionally brought me dating after we married and I really missed it."

"I worked as a CEO, Kyungsoo. Not a high schooler that you used to date before. I made an agreement with grandma so that grandma would bless our marriage. I promised her to take over the company. hell, i just graduated from university and got the job to run the company. didn't you think how pressured I was? But I still tried my best working with the big responsibility for our marriage's sake. i left you alone in the house because I was busy, Kyungsoo! Really busy! You were acting childishly at me, clinging into me! you were fully aware that I got a lot of works to settle but you still disturbed me with your stupid whines!"

Chanyeol's and Kyungsoo's marriage was full of fights and misunderstanding. Grandma Park worsened their relationship by pressuring both of them. Chanyeol with the company's issues while Kyungsoo with the pregnant issue.

"why did you want to go outing if I could buy everything for you? you just told me and I would get them just for you," Chanyeol says softly as if to console Kyungsoo that everything he did in the past is reasonable.

Kyungsoo had a lot of fans and admirers. During their dating era, many people tried to ruin their relationship. That was why Chanyeol kept Kyungsoo to himself only. Kyungsoo was his. Only Chanyeol could own Kyungsoo.

"you did not understand, Chanyeol........" Kyungsoo shakes his head. "I could not reach my dream to be a model after marrying you. I even didn't get a happy married couple life with you. the least I wanted was my freedom. I wasn't running or going away from you. I wanted my normal life. Going shopping and hung out with friends since you were not there for me. you spent time with the office files and desktop more than spending time with me."

"I know that our past brings bad memories and trauma to you but can you give us another chance? I promise you, I will make you happy! I will liven up the happy ending that you always dream of. I've changed, Kyungsoo. i'm not the jerk Chanyeol like before. I will appreciate you and treat you the way you supposed to be treat. I still love you, Kyungsoo," Chanyeol begs.

"I don't know,Chanyeol. Let's stop-

"no! don't do this to me. think about us again. Think about our son," Chanyeol persuades.

"for the time being, let's not meet each other," Kyungsoo suggests. He inches away from Chanyeol and moves to the stairs before Chanyeol grabs his wrist again. "what is it again, Chanyeol? I've done talking and I want to sleep!" Kyungsoo yanks his hand from Chanyeol's grasp an screams at him.

"where is my old Kyungsoo? the old Kyungsoo who loved me dearly, soft spoken and obedient?"

"that old Kyungsoo had died in the plane crash!" Kyungsoo hisses.