PART 26

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Chanyeol works as a cashier today. From the counter, he can observe Baekhyun satisfyingly. Baekhyun has been tasked to sweep the floor and clean the tables. When Baekhyun's and chanyeol's eyes meet, Chanyeol will be the first one to break their eye contacts by winking at Baekhyun. Baekhyun grins before proceeds with his work.

"you have fall for him,Hyung," Chanyeol's colleague, Jaehyun blurts out.

"who? Me?" chanyeol is bewildered.

"who else,Hyung?" Jaehyun rolls his eyes. "you haven't notice yet?"

"i don't know what I'm feeling towards him," Chanyeol speaks honestly. He is confused with his own feeling.

"confess to him, hyung. Otherwise, you'll be regretting it for the rest of your life," Jaehyun reminds him.

Jaehyun is a new worker but he does not friendly towards his colleagues except Chanyeol. Maybe, that is why they 'clique'. both of them do not like to socialize.

"Excuse me, are you Byun Baekhyun?" a middle-aged woman approaches Baekhyun who is moping the floor.

"yes I am. How can I help you, Madam? Baekhyun asks politely.

"can I talk to you, personally? Don't worry, I'm not a bad person! I have something important to tell you," the woman begs. This woman's face seems familiar to Baekhyun but he cannot remember where he has met her.

"i have lunch break at 12 pm. Maybe, we can talk during that time," Baekhyun suggests.

"alright, I'll be waiting for you at the park near this cafe," the woman says before leaving Baekhyun. Why they must meet at the park? Why not here?

At 12 pm, Baekhyun promises to meet the middle-aged woman at the park. Baekhyun texts Chanyeol, telling him to eat alone because he needs to meet someone. Chanyeol only replies a short "ok".

"madam, I'm here," Baekhyun greets the woman before sitting beside her on the bench.

Out of blue, the woman holds both sides of Baekhyun's face while sobbing. "uri Baekhyunnie, don't you recognize me? I'm your mother," the woman cries harder.

"what do you mean, madam? I don't have a mother. My mother left me right after she gave birth to me," Baekhyun says with a stoic expression. Baekhyun removes the woman's hands from his face and moves from the bench. "if you don't have anything to say, I'll take my leave. A lot of works await for me."

Baekhyun runs away from the woman.

"baekhyunnie, wait!" the woman chases after him. "please, hear my explanation."

Baekhyun closes his ears using his hands. He does not want to hear anything from this woman.

This woman left Appa and him because Appa could not grant her a fancy life. Appa hated him because he could see his mother in his face. Moreover, baekhyun was a copy cat of his mother. Baekhyun reminded Appa of his mother and Appa loathed it. Why does she appear now? Where is she for all this time? Where is she when I need her? Why she did not come to him when Appa beat him? She was not there when his classmates bullied him. She was not there when he fell in love for the first time. She was not there when he got married, divorced and gave birth to Cho. She was never there for him during his hardships. Baekhyun always hoped for his mother's presence during his sweetest and bitter moments in his life. But she never once came into his life.

Now, she appears in front of him when he does not hoping for her presence. Baekhyun only needs to cross the road and he will arrive at the cafe. Baekhyun's sight is blurry when he crosses the road. All he can remember is something is hitting him and he lies on the asphalt. The last person he sees before he closes his eyes is Chanyeol screaming his name.

Baekhyun is in coma for two years. His conditon is stable but it is unknown to why he does not awake yet. Chanyeol refuse for euthanasia to be done on baekhyun. It is expensive to keep baekhyun in coma but Chanyeol is willing to pay for it. He believes that Baekhyun will wake up someday and he will be waiting for that day. Chanyeol becomes unorganized when Baekhyun is in coma. Chanyeol does not shave because he is busy working and taking care of Hyuk. He lets his face full of moustache and beards.

"i love you,Baekhyun. I don't know when this feeling grow. Maybe, since you were disguising as Betty, I already fell for you. Please,wake up," Chanyeol chokes out a cry. "I know you've always wanted to hear I'm saying 'nado, saranghae' right? Don't do this to me,Baekkie. Hyuk and I are really missing you. Halmeoni, Taeyong, Luhan, our colleagues and even our neighbourhood. They are praying for you to be conscious. Fight for us, can you?" Chanyeol cries profusely.

Baekhyun's mother or Seohyun, she visits her son whenever Chanyeol is not arorund.

Chanyeol accused Seohyun as the cause of Baekhyun's accident. Seohyun cannot deny because she involved in baekhyun's injury. If only she did not reveal the truth to him that, maybe he would not be upset that result him in an accident.

Seohyun is caressing Baekhyun's cheekbone when Baekhyun's eyes suddenly opens. Seohyun quickly calls the doctor to check on baekhyun. Baekhyun is conscious!

Seohyun is waiting at the outside of the room,waiting for the check up result.

"Madam, are you patient's family?" the doctors asks.

"yes, I am his mother," Seohyun answers.

"where is his husband? Lo-Loey if I'm not mistaken,"

"that kid is working at the cafe," Seohyun replies.

"i see. Let's discuss in my room, shall we?" the doctors invites.

"Mr Byun is having amnesia," the doctor says calmly. "he can memorizes all the academic material but he is cluelesss about his personal life. he is unable to remember his name, his family or his childhood."

Chanyeol is happy after knowing that Baekhyun is awake. But, he is devastated when Baekhyun cannot recognize him. Chanyeol knows Baekhyun is suffering from amnesia but he cannot stop his feeling from hurting.

"Park Chanyeol, can we discuss?"

"where?" Chayeol accepts the woman's request. Otherwise, she will keep bothering his life.

"hospital cafeteria,"

"why do you want us to meet?

"i want to take Baekhyun to America."

Chanyeol slams the table, manages to catch customers' attention at the cafeteria. "you're not taking baekhyun anywhere."

"Calm down, young man! Have a seat. I'm not finished talking yet,"

"we have nothing to discuss, madam!" Chanyeol huffs and begins to leave Seohyun.

"Chanyeol-ssi, do you still remember Baekhyun's dream?"

"he....he wants to be a flight attendant. He wants to-" Chanyeol answers.

"travel around the world" Chanyeol and Seohyun says together. Seohyun smirks.

"Chanyeol-ssi, you hardly cover for your and son's expanses. Do you think you can pay for Baekhyun's college's fee?" Seohyun influences Chanyeol. "baekhyun will pursue his study in flight attendant school. He will work in the USA airline," Seohyun envisions Baekhyun's bright future. That is the least he can do as a mother to Baekhyun.

"why America?" Chanyeol seems to agree with Seohyun's decision to let Baekhyun achieve his dream. But, why Baekhyun pursue his study in Korea?

"American companies hire crew cabin candidates of any age above minimum. Unlike in Asian, the maximun age to apply the job is 27 or 28 years old," Seohyun tells her reason.

"if it is for Baekhyun's sake, I'm willing to let him go."

Baekhyun has completed his study in the flight attendant school in 2 years and works in the USA airline for almost 4 years. Mama Seohyun said, being a flight attendant is his dream but why deep inside his heart, he feels empty? Is it because he is single? Can he call himself single although he is engaged with Kris? Baekhyun keeps dreaming of a tall man with yoda ears. He does not understand why he is missing the unknown person.

"who are you? Why are you keep bothering me?" Baekhyun asks himself. He always awake at 3 am in the morning because of the man. The anonymous man that loves to appear in his mind and dream.

Then, Baekhyun hears the sound of a baby cries. Baekhyun thinks he does not like kids. But, hearing this voice, it seems familiar. His heart is touched.

Baekhyun decides to quit his job as a flight attendant. He lives alone in America because Mama Seohyun and Kris have to handle the company in Korea. Time taken from America to Korea is almost 12 hours flight, making him more determined to terminate his contract early. He needs to pay for the compensation for terminating the contract but Kris will handle everything. It is heaven when you have a rich man as your fiance.

Seohyun picks Baekhyun up from the airport. She hugs his son and kiss his forehead.

"mama, we're still at the airport. People are looking at us," Baekhyun pouts. Seohyun laughs when her son sulks.

"let's go to the car. Uncle Jojo has been waiting for us," Seohyun drags her son to the main door.

During the journey to Seohyun's mansion, Baekhyun is happily telling about his visits to other countries to his mother. But, he does not tell her about the strange man and the sound of baby cry that lingering in his mind.

"Baixian, Mama has something to tell you. I hope you can accept my decision," Seohyun is nervous to tell him about her rush decision. "I've decided that you and Kris will be getting married at the end of this month. I hope you'll not angry with me."

"oh, wow! I'm not getting angry with you,Ma. It's just...isn't it too early for us to get married? I mean, I just arrived in Korea and now I'll be busy with this marriage's preparation-"

"don't worry, honey. I'll handle everything. You just need to attend your wedding suit fitting session and pre wedding with Kris, alright?" Seohyun consoles and Baekhyun nods in approval. Sooner or later, he will be marrying Kris. "so, you still have a lot time explore Seoul. But, you can still hang out after marrying Kris. Don't worry, okay?"

Baekhyun forces a smile to show his mother that everything is okay. But, why he really wants to object this wedding?