PART 17

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

It's been two months after Chanyeol's and Kyungsoo's fight. For the whole two months, they have not meet each other. Kyungsoo is busy with his modelling job. He even travels around the world for his photoshoot, adverstiments and being an ambassador for branded and luxury products. Meanwhile, Chanyeol becomes a workaholic. He tends to overwork. He lacks rest and messes up with his diet as he forgets his breakfast, lunch and dinner. He only eats when he wants to. in fact, he only takes small portion of foods. Most of the times, he prefers unhealthy diet such as ramen and bicarbonate drinks. He sleeps in his office or in his penthouse as he is not ready yet to see Kyungsoo in the mansion.

hyuk is 5 months and half. This month is a time of transitions for Hyuk. Baekhyun cherishes every moment with Hyuk. Baekhyun captures pictures of Hyuk and put them into an album. Baekhyun also makes a scrapbook about Hyuk's development when he officially becomes nanny. Baekhyun told Mrs Kim about his idea to make a scrapbook of Hyuk but he didn't have a camera. Mrs Kim gave her camera to Baekhyun as she supported Baekhyun's idea. When Baekhyun received his first salary as nanny, he gives few money to Mrs Kim to pay for the camera.

"I bought the camera for you, no need to pay me anything. You don't have to feel guilty as I only managed to get you the cheapest camera," Mrs Kim giggled. Baekhyun abruptly hugged her.

"thank you. you are kind to me. not everyone treat me nicely," Baekhyun expessed sorrowfully.

"I'm not sure the problems you are facing. However, if you seek help, I am always willing to help you," Mrs Kim rubbed Baekhyun's back to sooth his feeling.

Hyuk's babbling brings Baekhyun back from his reverie. Since Hyuk is in his fifth month, his babbles might even be starting to sound like real words.

"ma-ma.....ma-ma....." Hyuk babbles and Baekhyun hurriedly strides to Hyuk and carries him although he knows at this age, Hyuk has not yet assigned meaning to words. Hyuk is not calling for Baekhyun, hyuk just puts consonant and vowels sound together. wait another couple of months and the "ma-ma" is really directed at him. Baekhyun still feels excited because "ma-ma" is Hyuk's first word. In fact, "ma-ma" is the only word Hyuk babbles for the time being. Baekhyun addresses himself "mama" to Hyuk when anyone is not around especially Chanyeol. At five months, Hyuk starts to make sense of the sounds he hears such as a dog barking or a car engine starting.

Baekhyun likes to put Hyuk on the ground rather in the crib because the space is bigger. Hyuk can sit upright for longer periods of time. Baekhyun still props Hyuk up with a pillow or Boppy. Other than that, Hyuk starts to roll over from their back to their tummy. Once Hyuk does roll over, it is noticed that Hyuk is working his legs and rocking. He is getting ready for crawling and scooting. Another thing, Hyuk's grasp gets stronger. Baekhyun tries to take the lego block from Hyuk but Hyuk pulls the small toy away. Then, Hyuk scoots to different direction, inching away from Baekhyun.

"Park Hyuk! put down the block!" Baekhyun commands sternly because he knows Hyuk will put the block into his mouth. "no, Hyuk. mama said, no!" Baekhyun glares at the baby's back. Hyuk cannot understand words but he turns his head at the sound of his name, "Park Hyuk" and simple command, "no" from Baekhyun. Baekhyun distracts the baby with another toy. Hyuk falls to Baekhyun's trap as his grip on the block weaken. Baekhyun manages to throw the block.

Baekhyun and Hyuk share the same interest which is music! Hyuk likes all kind of songs, from jazz to pop. Hyuk claps, smiles and babbles along. For sleeping pattern, Hyuk takes short nap for 30 minues to 2 hours at morning, afternoon and evening. He will sleep through the night for nine hours. Hyuk's usual bedtime is at 8 pm.

"alright, Hyuk. mama has mission for us today!" Baekhyun cheers while Hyuk just looking at Baekhyun. "we are going to your daddy's company and drag him to spend time with us, understand?" Baekhyun commands like a well trained soldier. Although Hyuk cannot comprehend what Baekhyun is telling, he still smiles and swing his rattle with his hand as if to support Baekhyun's "I'm possible" mission, not an impossible mission.

After packing all Hyuk's necessities in a backpack, Baekhyun puts Hyuk into the stroller. Luckily, this mansion has lifts, so Baekhyun faces no trouble to bring Hyuk to the ground floor with stroller in tow. Baekhyun does not tell Chanyeol about his visit. Baekhyun, Hyuk and taemin ( a bodyguard that Chanyeol hired when Baekhyun takes Hyuk outing ) enters a taxi to bring them to Chanyeol's company. taemin is womanizer, he courts and seduces every woman he has met. Most of the Park Mansion's maids had slept with him except Baekhyun. taemin is handsome, tall, well-built and single but Baekhyun still loves Chanyeol more although Taemin tries to court him many times. Baekhyun would not fall to the man's trap to sleep with him.

Finally, they see the skyscraper building where Park Chanyeol owns and works. Baekhyun breathe a small sigh of relief. baekhyun pays the taxi fare and quickly hops off the taxi.

During the ride, Taemin's hands would always travel onto Baekhyun's arm, neck, hair and thigh! Baekhyun smacked his Taemin's head and told him to stop. He stopped for a second then he started to Baekhyun's body again.

"we have reached the destination so you can go now. Hyuk and I are safe by our own," Baekhyun demands as he cannot stand being close to the ert.

"oh sweetie, of cour-" Taemin cannot end his sentence when Baekhyun steps on his foot. "ouch, betty!" Taemin hisses while holding his injured foot. Baekhyun stepped his foot while using a stiletto. Stiletto! Without any remorse, Baekhyun enters the building with Hyuk.

"what's the ruckus over there?"

Chanyeol looks up from the files he have been reviewing and averts his attention to his cousin's direction. A small and petite woman is arguing with on one of the security guards. She stands protectively in front of a stroller. Suddenly, a rattle is being shot from the stroller, it falls to the floor. the woman pauses their argument and picks up the toy, returning it to the child inside. The woman seems familiar. So does the stroller. Without consciousness, Chanyeol paces towards them. his suspicions are confirmed when he sees Hyuk, brows furrow,looking at the security guard.

Chanyeol has not met Hyuk for the whole two months after his fight with Kyungsoo. his little baby is not little anymore. After 5 months of ignoring Hyuk, Hyuk looks chubbier, healthier and surely, more handsome. Baekhyun and the security guard have stopped arguing when Chanyeol appears in their sights. Hyuk has not notice Chanyeol yet. Chanyeol sees Hyuk throws a ball in the direction of the guard but alas, it falls short. He feels amusement blooms in his chest. Hyuk lightens up his dull life.

"may I know what is going on here?" Chanyeol inquires placidly. The guard is looking unexpectedly smug.

"Mr. Park! you are here!" the guard smirks at Baekhyun. "this woman and her child are reluctant to leave the building. I've tried to shoo them away but she is stubborn. This monster keeps attacking me with his toys."

"why would you force them out?" Chanyeol asks. Baekhyun is ready to argue but Chanyeol shoots her a restraining look. Baekhyun steps back, picking up Hyuk's ball but thows him a fulminating glance.

"because you hate children, sir" the guard replies matter-of-factly. Definitely Chanyeol is not fond of kids but not his OWN kid. Hyuk is his flesh and blood so Chanyeol loves him unconditionally. "you fired one of your managers because he brought his wild kids here. besides, you usually glare at any children you find in the lobby."

Baekhyun's jaw hangs open. He never expect that Chanyeol could be this cold-hearted. "really?" is all Baekhyun can reply. He has seen Chanyeol's father side when he is with Hyuk.

Chanyeol can sense disappoinment from Baekhyun's reply. Chanyeol does not feel good when he has disappointed Baekhyun. wait, what? Why he even care? Baekhyun is nobody to him! pushing Baekhyun out from his mind, Chanyeol unbuckles Hyuk from the stroller and carries him.

Hyuk is heavier.

Chanyeol wants to cry. He has missed 2 months to watch Hyuk's development because of his stupid ego. "are you attacking a security guard, Hyuk? it's not nice to do so, Champion," Chanyeol speaks to his son after a long time.

"see, Maste Park can't possibly hate children," Baekhyun whispers to the stupefied security guard.

"Is he yours?" the security guard croakes. Chanyeol shoots him a cold glare while nodding.

"yes. Pack your things. I don't need someone who abhors children working under me," Chanyeol says frostily.

"do you necessarily have to fire him? the job market is difficult right now. I don't want he's getting fired because of me. it makes me look like a villain," Baekhyun voices out.

"but-but he insulted you and Hyuk!" Chanyeol stutters, surprised by Baekhyun's plea. Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun will be happy with his decision.

"don't worry, Hyuk could not understand the meaning of the guard's sentences. He's only 8 months old, just to remind you. maybe the guard was a good target to thow items so that was why Hyuk threw his toys at him twice," Baekhyun chuckles. "Hyuk and I are just fine. Especially Hyuk, see? Even when Master Park ingnored him for two months, Hyuk still grew healthily," Baekhyun insinuates. "if you need to satisfy your manly pride and such that, you can get him to do the graveyard shift for a month or so."

"excuse me? what do you mean with my manly pride?" Chanyeol gasps in his disbelief. Even after 2 months of not seeing each other, this nanny still has the audacity to piss him off.

Baekhyun does not reply to his words. Come on! He is here not to put any fight with the taller. "do you have free time today?" the smaller asks.

Forgetting their previous little argument, chanyeol quickly answer the sudden questions. "my schedule is packed today. I have lot of meetings today. At evening, I need to do site visit in Gangwon."

"cancel all of your plans. You are going with us today." Baekhyun simply and bravely orders.

Chanyeol thinks his ears deceive him. Is the nanny have ordered him around just now? Or he misheard?

"I'm acting like a dictator now but I don't care. Come on,Master Park! We are already late for Hyuk's monthly check up." Baekhyun will not tolerate any protest from the taller.

After the check up, Chanyeol,Baekhyun and Hyuk head to the Seoul Land theme park. It is Baekhyun's idea because Hyuk deserves to spend time as much as possible with his daddy. Chanyeol gives in and complies to the request.

"What Baekhyun said is true after all. I had been ignoring his own flesh and blood for the past few months," Chanyeol thinks to himself.

Suddenly,memories of Hyuk's monthly check up just now invades his mind and they bring a lot of joy to him.

"you can't stop from smiling,Master Park." Baekhyun teases. Baekhyun sits at the back of the car, with Hyuk inside a baby carrier near him.

"huh? No, I'm not!" Chanyeol defends and focuses on his driving.

"see Hyukkie, your daddy is not smart enough in lying people," Baekhyun coos at the infant who is in return laughing while clapping his chubby hands.

Chanyeol wants to retaliate but he directly forgets on what he wants to say when an amusement park comes into his sight. Finally, after one hour of driving, they manage to arrive at their destination. Chanyeol is lucky to spot an empty parking space around the entrance so he quickly parks his car there. It is Sunday, no wonder the theme park is packed with people especially children. Chanyeol gets off his car and checks his email if his secretary sends him any important documents. When he hears the sound of his car door being closed,he diverts his attention to the nanny who is holding Hyuk lovingly. Then, the nanny gives a rilakkuma baby carrier to Chanyeol.

"why are you giving me this thing?" Chanyeol frowns.

"because I want Master Park to wear it and carry Young Master," Baekhyun explains.

"you don't want to use stroller?"

"No," Baekhyun sharply replies. "this way, Hyuk can be closer to you. He will be more comfortable in his father's embrace."

Chanyeol cannot take off his eyes from the baby carrier as he tries to figure out on how to wear this thing.

"let me help you,Master Park," Baekhyun says and before Chanyeol could even refuse, Baekhyun already gives Hyuk to Chanyeol for him to carry. Baekhyun attaches the carrier to Chanyeol's hipseat using a connecting zip. Then he moves the hipseat to the desired place and guides Chanyeol's arm to put Hyuk on the hipseat. Next, he puts the shoulder belts on both of Chanyeol's shoulders and fastens the upper back belt buckle. Of course Chanyeol wants to snap at Baekhyun since he boldly touch his employer. But, he is unable to express his anger because his heart cannot stop from thumping loudly inside his chest when he feels Baekhyun's touch on his body. His mind also starts to imagine weird (ert) things about the nanny. His cheeks redden deeply in shame.

"after 5 months of working like a maniac, I really need to get laid," Chanyeol deems.

"master Park, hey master Park! Are you okay?" Baekhyun concerns. He taps on Chanyeol's shoulder for response.

"huh? Yeah,yeah. I'm fine," Chanyeol shakes his head to forget his corrupted imagination.

"I thought you are having heat because your face is red," Baekhyun remarks. "since Master Park is just fine..." Baekhyun takes something from the bumper and gives it to Chanyeol. It is a sling bag, full of Hyuk's necessities. "I already packed all of items needed. So, enjoy!" Baekhyun cheers before he turns around, dragging his feet to go to other place.

"where are you going?" Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's arm to stop him.

"while Master Park and Hyuk spend time together in the park, I'll be waiting for the both of you at the shops around here. When Master Park wants to go home, just call me okay?" Baekhyun explains.

"don't be an idiot!" Chanyeol replies. He drags Baekhyun to the entrance.

"master Park! I don't want to disturb your quality time with your son. Also, the admission ticket is expensive!" baekhyun excuses.

"you are not a nuisance. In fact, how are we going to have fun if you are not around us? We enjoy your presence," Chanyeol consoles while looking at his son. Hyuk smiles at him and babbles "da-da" as if to agree with his father's statement. "besides, I'll pay for us today. Don't worry," Chanyeol says boastfully. After paying for the tickets,they are greeted by a bunch of not actual colourful buildings once they enter the park. They ride an elephant train which will take them to all rides in the amusement park.

"people are looking at us. This is your fault," Chanyeol sulks.

"huh? Why me ?" Baekhyun protests.

"can't you see? Who go to a theme park while wearing a suit? I look like a bodyguard or secret agent on mission right now!" Chanyeol sighs.

Baekhyun chuckles on the taller when he realizes the taller's appearance. To Baekhyun, Chanyeol looked cute in his black suit while carrying Hyuk who is in facing out position on the baby carrier. Chanyeol is undeniably becoming more handsome with a frail baby against his big and sturdy body.

"well, it is normal for you to wear a suit because you were working in the office when I forced you. It is not my fault that you work on SUNDAY, Master Park. You should take the day off and spend your time with your son. Not dealing with reports and meetings," Baekhyun sneers and sticks his tongue out.

They stop talking once the train begins to move and enjoy the ride with Hyuk's babbling and laughter fill the silence between them. The first stop is Seoul Zoo but they do not go there. Then at the second stop which is Seoul Land, they step out of the train. They start off by riding Zeppelin, it looks like a merry go round but the pastel colour airships can fly not far from the ground. Before boarding, Baekhyun takes out his monopod from Hyuk's bag and asks for Chanyeol's phone.

"why are you asking for my phone?"scowls.

Again, Baekhyun is neither intimidated nor scared of Chanyeol's bad expression. He simply answers " Master Park, I don't have a smartphone to record your 'father and son' moment. That's why I am asking for your phone."

Chanyeol nods in agreement. Of course Chanyeol wants to keep this moment not only in his mind but also in videos. Without thinking twice, Chanyeol gives his iPhone 11 Pro to Baekhyun. Baekhyun attaches it to his monopod. As the Zeppelin begins to rotate, Baekhyun also starts to record their activity. Chanyeol keeps his eye shut because he scares of height although they are not soaring too high from the ground. Baekhyun mischievously pokes Chanyeol's cheeks while sneering at him throughout the ride

"hey Master Park, open your eyes! I never thought that an arrogant CEO like you is actually a scaredy-cat!" Baekhyun gives a loud, silly laugh. Chanyeol feels challenged with the remark so he opens his almond-shaped eyes but he immediately regrets his decision. Chanyeol closes his eyes again and Baekhyun cannot stop from disturbing his employer. Meanwhile, Hyuk being a brave dude unlike his daddy. He is spurting incoherent words and jumping excitedly in the baby carrier to show that he is enjoying the ride.

After that, they check out a gift shop nearby since Chanyeol should take a break before they proceed with another rides. Chanyeol's forehead is still sweating and his palms are clammy because of nervous. There are many plush toys, key chain, acessories, t shirts and other souvenirs. Chanyeol notices colourful of headbands on the shelves and a pink cat ear headband attracts his attention. He picks it and walks closer to Baekhyun who is busy admiring an elephant plush toy pillow. Without Baekhyun knows, Chanyeol puts the headband on Baekhyun's carefully. Baekhyun quickly turns around and startles to see Chanyeol is grinning from ear to ear.

"look in the mirror," Chanyeol commands.

Baekhyun sees a full body mirror near the counter. Chanyeol comes to Baekhyun when Baekhyun is staring intensely at his image in the mirror.

"you don't like it?" Chanyeol asks.

"why must pink?" Baekhyun pouts and Chanyeol bursts into laugh.

"pink suits you, don't you think? Besides, you look really cute," Chanyeol honestly confesses and the simple confession makes Baekhyun to blush. Baekhyun shifts his gaze to Hyuk who is wearing a tricorn pirate hat. Baekhyun confirms that Hyuk is the cutest baby in the world right now. Then, something catches Baekhyun's attention. It is a toy king crown.

"Master Park, can you bend for a while?" Chanyeol complies with the request and bends until their heads are at the same level. Chanyeol does not expect for Baekhyun to put a toy king crown on his head. "there you go, King Chanyeol." Baekhyun beams.

Chanyeol is allured with the sight before him. "so beautiful," Chanyeol chants in his heart. He unconsciously grips Baekhyun's wrist, appreciating the smooth skin and not breaking their eye contacts. "and you are my Kitty Betty...." Chanyeol claims with his husky voice and the it manages to bring Baekhyun back into reality. Realizing that Chanyeol is holing his wrist, Baekhyun yanks his hand spontaneously.

Baekhyun clears his throat to drag Chanyeol's attention. "I think we should pay now. We still have many activities to do," Baekhyun says and walks away from Chanyeol.

"why he still have the same effect on me?" Baehkyun murmurs while feeling his rapid heartbeat using his palm. Baekhyun is lost in his thought until Chanyeol arrives beside him.

"put your item on the counter. Everything is under my treat, remember?" Chanyeol smirks. Baekhyun nods and drops the cat ear headband next to an elephant plush pillow. After the payment, they leave the gift shop.

"this is for you. You had been eyeing this pillow since we got into the gift shop." Chanyeol hands over the big elephant plush pillow to the real owner, Baekhyun. Baekhyun is shocked to know that Chanyeol bought it for him.

"t-thank yo-you, Ma-Master Pa-Park," Baekhyun doubtly accepts the gift and hugs it contently. "it's so soft and comfortable!" baekhyun screams excitedly.

"yeah....soft like you," Chanyeol teases while pinching Baekhyun's mochi cheeks. Then, he realizes his own stupid words and action. Chanyeol tries to cover his previous words. " not soft like you! I-I-I mean soft like-soft like...." Chanyeol spots a twist potatoes stall nearby. An idea comes to his mind. " twist potatoes! Yeah, soft like twist potatoes! are you hungry? Because I am! Let's buy twist potatoes!" Chanyeol changes the topic and strides quickly to the twist potatoes stall, leaving a confused Baekhyun behind.

After buying twist potatoes, they play arcade game.

"you know, I good in all games since I was a kid," Chanyeol shows off. "I'll get the octopus doll plush in a minute!" he adds while pointing at the claw machine. But it just his dream because after few trials, he still does not manage to get anything from the machine. Chanyeol wants to play again but Baekhyun halts him. Baekhyun takes over the joystick to control the claw. Less than 1 minutes, Baekhyun successfully wins the octopus doll plush.

"you are just lucky," Chanyeol envies. Baekhyun sticks his tongue out to mock his employer.

Then, they go to the throw ball game machine. Chanyeol holds Hyuk's hand to help the infant to throw the colouful balls. Most children learn to grasp object when they are between 3 and 7 months old. However, they can roll and throw ball at between 18 months and 3 years old. Hyuk does not understand what he is doing but he seems to enjoy it. Baekhyun records this precious moment using Chanyeol's phone.

Next, they ride the Big Merry-Go-Round, Musical Carousel and Kambu Airplane. They also enter Tilt House, house filled with optical illusions. When they exit the house, Hyuk starts to weep all of a sudden. Chanyeol tries to calm the infant but the infant wails louder in return. Baekhyun sniffs Hyuk's diaper and he instantly knows the root of the problem.

Baekhyun drags Chanyeol into the nearest restroom. There,he teaches Chanyeol on how to clean the baby's using baby wipes and puts Hyuk on a diaper. Chanyeol shows disgusted expression during the process. Since when a great CEO like him need to handle poops?

"stop showing that face, Master Park. I deal with your son's poops every day," Baekhyun reminds Chanyeol.

after that, they head to Lotteria 2 to satisfy their growling stomachs. Chanyeol choose Lotz Burger set and one piece chicken full pack. Meanwhile, Baekhyun picks original Gang Jeong Chicken Rice and Coca-Cola. Baekhyun puts Hyuk in a high chair and feeds him with salmon and potato puree. Chanyeol appreciates the scene before him. Baekhyun is affectionately and gently feeding Hyuk. Chanyeol had always imagine of taking his little family to a theme park and watching his spouse to feed their fruit of love lovingly.

" I hope it is Kyungsoo who is feeding our baby, not Betty," Chanyeol silently wishes because Kyungsoo is hyuk's mother after all. Betty is just Hyuk's nanny.

After eating, they go to Kids Land. Hyuk manages to make Chanyeol worn out with his antics.

During the medical check up, the doctor explained Hyuk's developments to Chanyeol. Chanyeol nearly cried when the doctor told him that Hyuk would be able to walk soon. Toddlers between 8 to 11 months would start cruising, one of the last steps on the journey toward walking independently.

Being a good parent, Chanyeol want to encourage walking in his little one. That is why he takes Hyuk out from the carrier and lets Hyuk to cruise around. But he does not expect for his son to move fastly at this stage. In fact, hyuk even hides from his daddy! Chanyeol almost gets heart attack when he cannot find his son. Baekhyun does not want to disturb the duo. He takes many videos and pictures of them. After 3 hours in the Kids Land, Hyuk cries out of sudden. They check his diaper but nothing wrong with it.

"master Park, maybe he is tired," Baekhyun guesses. Then, hyuk yawns sleepily and his eyes get droopy. "see, he is yawning already," Baekhyun chuckles.

They decide to go home. During the ride to the mansion, Baekhyun's soft hum of lullabies fills the car.Chanyeol snoops on Baekhyun through the rear-view mirror. His heart becomes warm again with Baekhyun's motherly gesture towards his son.

"thanks for today,Master Park. I am really happy to see Hyuk spending all day with his daddy today," Baekhyun admits.

"it's me who should say thank you. If you did not urge me, maybe I would know nothing about my son's current condition and development." Chanyeol smiles sincerely to Baekhyun through the rear-view mirror. Baekhyun smiles genuinely to Chanyeol.

"master Park. I know I should not stick my nose into your marriage life problem but I have something to say. No matter what happen between Master Park and your partner, please don't ignore your son. Hyuk is still small, he needs both his parents' attentions. Don't drag Young Master Park Hyuk into your problem," Baekhyun advises.

Chanyeol gives no respond to Baekhyun's advice because Baekhyun speaks the truth. Chanyeol does not stay in the mansion because he wants to avoid Kyungsoo. Seeing the latter would spark series of arguments between them. Chanyeol prefers to stay at his office or at his penthouse for these 5 months. Unfortunately, he ignores his role to his son. He realizes that he is a bad father to Hyuk. That night, for the first after 5 months, Chanyeol sleeps in the mansion, specifically in Hyuk's nursery room.