PART 8

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

It is not a bad idea for them to have brunch. Bora treats her best friend because the drinks and foods price in the café are expensive. Dasom is enjoying a large cup of Macchiato and lean beef pie. Bora takes a sip of her hot cappuccino before she digs in her Raspberry Baby Cheesecake.

"so, why the loan shark is hunting you?"

" my son, Baekbeom borrowed money from them and now he is missing. He leaves his mother to deal with them," Dasom grumbles.

"I don't know where to get the money. Next month is the due date," dasom's mind goes haywire whenever the loan issue is brought up.

"wow. It's not only you who has problem here," bora chuckles.

"really? I bet your problem is not big as mine. You have money to deal with it," she comments.

"although I have a lot in my accounts, I still don't get the solution. Most of the people I've met, they reluctant to sell their babies. I offered a large sum of cash but they denied. Hypocrite!" bora mindlessly groans.

"what? Why would you want a baby?" dasom inquires.

Bora does not have any intention to tell the details of her problem to Dasom but her stupid mouth does otherwise. Dasom is not easy to fool. Bora huffs and decides to tell her friend the thing that has been bothering her.

" yeah. I have a son. His baby died after birth. If his fiancé know about this, I'm sure their engagement would be called off."

"that's why you need a baby right? to replace the dead baby?" Dasom smirks mischievously.

"exactly!" bora laughs. "even after these years, your mind is still cunning as me," bora compliments dasom's way of thinking.

"well, I think I can help you. but you know, there's nothing free in the world. My help is quite costly," dasom takes advantage in her friend's situation.

"Whatever! As long as I get what I want," bora say exasperatedly. She anticipates with what dasom wants to offer.

"I have what you exactly want. Firstly, I need to discharge the baby. His mother cannot pay the hospital bills. He is stuck in the hospital for more than two weeks," Dasom explains.

"how about his mother? I don't think his mother would agree," bora worries.

"I don't care. We are desperate for money and the baby is the only option. He has to agree!" dasom says determinedly. The loan shark would not go away unless they settle Baekbeom's debt. Dasom does not want to end up in a brothel.

Dasom goes to the administration counter at night. baekhyun does not visit his son at night because of his work. She settles the hospital bills for baekhyun and his baby in stealth. Dasom has the right to bring Baekhyun's baby home because she is Baekhyun's mother. They have family ties.

"where is his mother?" the administrator asks after giving the receipt to Dasom.

"he is resting at home. That's why it's me who discharges my grandson," Dasom replies.

The infant reveals no illnesses during clinical and physical examination. He has no reason for continued hospital stay. The infant has compeleted more than two successful feedings which is fed from Baekhyun. they already have the record of Baekhyun's health so the ability and self-assurance of the mother to take care of the baby is no longer doubted. The physician agree to discharge Byun Cho. he passes the infant to Dasom.

"let's go home, shall we?" Dasom whispers to the baby as the arrives in her hold. She brings the infant outside of the hospital and heads quickly to Bora's car.

"give him to me! give him to me!" bora chants excitedly when Dasom enters the car.

"have patience, Bora-ssi! This infant is not going anyway."

Bora takes the infant from Dasom and cuddles him.

"hey, lifesaver! Welcome to the 'Park' family. Because of you, my son and I would not get kicked out from the mansion," bora laughs deviously. She looks like a psychopath now.

"you are not regretting this? He is your grandson. I'm not giving him back to you," bora reminds.

"first of all, he is not my grandson! Baekhyun is only my stepson!" dasom emphasizes.

"next, this infant proves me that he is useful. Unlike his mother," Dasom mocks.

"you pay me good, Bora-ssi. It's great to have business with you."

"remember, only both of us know about this! You can tell your stepson about this but make sure he is not coming after me seeking for his child! If that thing ever happen...i'm sure to end your life directly. I hate traitors," bora threats and dasom frightens. Bora has power to do anything she wants. Meanwhile Dasom is just a rat to bora's eyes. They are bestfriend but being bestfriend does not mean that Bora will let go a traitor easily.

The next day, Baekhyun comes to the hospital during lunch hour as usual to visit Cho. cho is not in the nursery room when he arrives there. He thinks the doctor or nurse is taking him for examinations so he sits and waits. But after waiting for a long time, his child is not arrive yet. He sees a nurse enters the nursery room so he asks her about his son's sudden missing.

"excuse me, nurse. Do you know where is my child, Byun Cho?"

"byun cho? are you his mother?" the nurse stops right in front of the nursery's door.

"yes. Yes I am."

"we had discharged him last night. if I'm not mistaken, it was your mother who discharged him," baekhyun's jaw drops upon hearing the nurse's answer.

Since when his stepmother cares about him and his child. And , where did she get the money to pay the highly cost hospital bills? Something is not right and Baekhyun decides to go home .

-----------------------------------

Dasom is not at home when Baekhyun arrives. baekhyun searches for his baby at every corner of the house. The house is eerily silent. There is no sign of an infant's presence. Cho is usually awakes at this time, whimpering to be feed. Baekhyun even sneaks into Dasom's bedroom to find his child. But, the bedroom is empty so Baekhyun shuts the door disappointedly. Baekhyun walks back and forth in the living room. he cannot go back to his work until he sees Cho. Later, Baekhyun falls asleep on the couch while waiting for his stepmother to come home.

The loud thud of the door being shut startles Baekhyun awakes. He rubs his sore eyes to look at his stepmother clearly. Dasom is carrying a lot of shopping bags. Her outfit is branded and new. Baekhyun also notices the jewelleries at her neck, wrist, ears and fingers. They are gold and diamonds. Since when his stepmother has became rich? Dasom brings her possessions upstairs gleefully. It's been long since she had done shopping spree.

"ahjumma, where is Cho?" baekhyun trails after her.

"cho? who is him?" dasom fastens her pace to avoid Baekhyun.

"my son. The baby you discharged last night," Baekhyun answers softly. He is standing behind his stepmother as she abruptly stops at her bedroom's door.

"oh, that infant." Dasom puts all her belongings on the floor and turns around. "don't worry. He is adopted to a wealthy family. in return, they awarded us with a massive amount of money!" Dasom exclaims. She takes out a thick envelope from her handbag and gives it to Baekhyun.

"what is it?" baekhyun inquires.

"you gave birth to the infant after all. So, you deserve to get half of this reward," she replies without remorse.

Baekhyun just watches the envelope, not making any gestures to accept it. Dasom the envelope into Baekhyun's grasp. Baekhyun throws the envelope away.

"I don't want this money! I want my child back! ahjumma..." Baekhyun cries. "how could you! why do you sell my baby?!" Baekhyun freaks, he cannot control his emotion. He shakes Dasom's shoulders with both his hand.

"yah! Let me go, stupid!" dasom slaps Baekhyun's hand from her shoulders. "you ungrateful kid! You should thank me because I sold the useless parasite!" dasom throws him a deadpan expression.

"my son is not a parasite!" Baekhyun defences.

"yes, he is a parasite same like his dumb mother," Dasom sneers. "oh wait. He is no longer a parasite but a money maker for me .he proves me that he is not useless at all. there is someone wants him and paid me with a high price. You know that the loan shark are watching us for 24 hours. Well,I spent few money to pay the debts. We are free from the gangsters. See, because of me, we are not ended up in a brothel. ," she smirks.

"you are cruel, ahjumma...how could you do this to me?" baekhyun's legs wobbles. He would never see his son again. The reality hits him so hard. He tumbles to the floor helplessly.

"cho...Cho...Cho...come back to me, son," he begs to the air.

Dasom is pissed off with Baekhyun's over dramatic reaction.

"what can you provide for the baby huh? You are not even capable to pay the hospital bills let alone to raise a kid. The most importantly, can a like you be a good mother to him? provide him with the family he deserves?" Dasom provokes.

Baekhyun keeps mum. Dasom is correct. Baekhyun has nothing to provide for his bundle of joy. If cho is raised by the wealthy foster parents, Cho will not live in poverty like him. Cho can also receive an endless love from BOTH of his new parents. Baekhyun only wants a good life for Cho.

"scratch that! Call me egoist but Cho is my son and I want him back!" baekhyun screams in his heart. baekhyun calms his nerves down and asks his stepmother nicely, "who are they? The people that have adopted Cho."

"why do you want to know? You want to take him back? listen to me, brat! Don't ever think to stay near your son!" dasom seethes.

"taking him back seems like a good idea to me," baekhyun retorts.

Dasom grasps at Baekhyun's lock. "don't you dare! Don't mess with them or both of us will get into trouble!" she warns and ungrasps Baekhyun's smooth hair. "talking to you is very tiring!" dasom takes all of her belongings and steps into her bedroom.

Tears are cascading down Baekhyun's cheeks when his stepmother's bedroom's door is closed. Baekhyun tries his best for not bursting into tears in front of Dasom because he does not want to show her his broken self. he met Cho yesterday but he is already missing him greatly.

"god, please let me to be with my son," Baekhyun silently hopes.