PART 7

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Baekhyun wakes up in a spacious hospital room alone. after having a natural birth, baekhyun was wheeled to the room to recuperate.

"how long was I out?" baekhyun roams his eyes around and sees a digital clock. He had passed out almost a day since it is eight in the evening now.

"you are awake, mr byun." a nurse greets him.

Baekhyun only nods. Then, he mindlessly rubs his now flat tummy and shocks when he realizes that he loses someone in it.

"my baby!" he gasped.

The nurse hears him. she immediately helps Baekhyun to sit on the bed and offers him a glass of water. He gladly accepts it to quench his thirst. The birth process has drained his energy and he admits that he is really thirsty.

"Do you need anything, mr byun?" the nurse asks.

Baekhyun shakes his head, "my baby. Is my baby alright?"

"your baby is alright now. I'll bring your baby"

"yes,yes please." the nurse leaves Baekhyun to take the newborn from the nursery.

Later, the nurse comes in while wheeling an infant who is wrapped with a fluffy blanket in a baby bassinet. She places the baby bassinet next to the Baekhyun's bed and passes the sleeping baby to an overly excited Baekhyun.

Nothing could ever hope to compare to seeing your own child for the first time. tears is obscuring his vision but his gaze remain fixated on his little bundle of joy. The baby is 5 pounds, 15, 8 ounces and 19.25 inches long. Then, he remembers to check the gender.

" a boy!" baekhyun squeals with delight until his high-pitched voice awakes the baby from his slumber. the baby flutters his eyes open. He looks so small and fragile with his pink face all scrunches up as he begins to wail.

"oh honey! Stop crying." Baekhyun panics.

"I don't mean to wake you up," he consoles his son, patting and rocking him back to sleep. Eventually, the child slumbers fitfully against his chest.

"aigoo,who is the cutest baby in the world?" baekhyun coos, smiling from ear to ear. He the wisps of dark hair on his head, refusing to look away even for a second. He kisses his son's forehead.

Xiumin and jongdae enter Baekhyun's room and they are welcomed with a sight of Baekhyun holds a newborn in his arms. they approaches him. upon seeing the patient's friends' visit, the nurse excuse herself to give them privacy.

"if you need anything, just press the button. I'll take my leave, mr byun." the nurse says politely.

"Boy or girl?" xiumin's voice interrupts Baekhyun's moment with his bundle of joy.

"boy!" he whispers, trembling and grinning from euphoria.

"see what we bring to celebrate the newborn?" jongdae teases as to catch Baekhyun's attention. Baekhyun is too occupied with his child to the point he does not spare any glance to the pair. Don't take him wrong, he just feels elated of being a new parent and the pair understands that.

Baekhyun is curious of what his friends have prepared. He twisted his head reluctantly. Jongdae is holding two red balloons with 'congratulations' written on them in gold colour. He ties the balloons at the side rails. Xiumin presents a bouquet of blue and pink carnations. The flowers' arrangement incorporate stuffed animals,toys and bath products.

"I don't know the baby's gender,okay? that's why I pick blue and pink carnations." Xiumin scratches his nape.

"they are lovely,hyung. Thank you," Baekhyun beams at Xiumin and Jongdae.

The door is slided open, revealing another guests in the room.

"baekhyun hyung!" the person shrieks at the door frame.

"don't shout, dummy!" an old woman behind him smacks his head. "you are scaring the infant." She pushes her grandchild aside because he is blocking her way.

"halmeoni, when will you stop going so brutal with your own grandchild." Taeyong whines while pouting his lips. halmeoni gives him a death glare. Taeyong directly shuts his mouth.

"good evening,halmeoni." Jongdae and xiumin greet her respectfully.

"good evening too," she replies while showing her smile. She takes a seat beside Baekhyun.

"how is my Baekhyunie doing?"

"more than okay. I never thought that being a mother is really awesome." Baekhyun's facial is enough to explain the joyous he is feeling.

Halmeoni is happy to see Baekhyun's radiant smile. "can I carry him?" halmeoni requests. The baby is too cute to resist.

"sure," Baekhyun grants her wish.

"he is a boy right?" Halmeoni guesses. Baekhyun nods his head. "we have a handsome baby boy here," halmeoni compliments.

"he gets your thin lips, Baekhyunie." Halmeoni examines.

"really?" baekhyun asks dumbly while looking at his baby. He admires his baby too much until the baby's features go unnoticed by him.

"yes,Baekhyunie. oh, he also inherits your button nose. He will grow up into a handsome young man with a pair of big round eyes and sticking out ears," halmeoni comments and pecks the baby's cheek soflty.

" I wonders where he gets his ears and eyes. Oh, they must be from his father," halmeoni grins, forgetting that the baby's father is a sensitive topic to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun mutes at the mention of 'father'. He is sad because Chanyeol is not here to watch their son. Chanyeol is not with him to raise their kid. He will be a single parent to fight for his baby alone. Instantly, Baekhyun's expression turns gloomy. Xiumin notices Baekhyun's sudden change so he quickly divert Baekhyun's attention from thinking about his ex husband.

"Baekhyun, what is his name?" well, asking for the baby's name is not a bad idea. Baekhyun wakes up from his reverie and suddenly aware that he has not named his son yet.

"cho. Byun cho. Is it good?"

"it's adorable. Can I hold byun cho,halmeoni?" xiumin cannot resist the urge to carry the little byun anymore. When byun Cho is in his arms, xiumin cuddles him and shows him to Jongdae.

"I want a baby too," xiumin mumbles and of course jongdae hears that. Jongdae wants an heir but luck is not on their side yet.

"how are you feeling, hyung?" taeyong concerns.

"sore, exhausted and dizzy. My whole lower body is burning with pain. But, cho makes everything worth it." everyone stunned at Baekhyun's honest answer. Being a parent is a great thing.

" taeyong, have you told ahjumma about me?" he should not hope for his stepmother to visit him. nobody in his family cares about him anyway.

"yes, I told her when I dropped by your house to take your bag," taeyong put the beg on the sofa. When the news of 'Baekhyun had given birth' reached his ears this yesterday, he dashed to the hospital. However,Baekwhyun was resting that time so taeyong came home and told his grandma.

"for you," taeyong gives Baekhyun tulips bouquet wrapped with wrapping papers. There are 10 stalks of tulips, comprising of yellow, white and pink tulips.

"Yellow tulip symbolizes there is sunshine in your smile. White symbolizes heaven and purity. pink tulip means affection and caring. They are your personality," taeyong explains each meaning of the tulips which fit Baekhyun's characteristics perfectly.

"besides, tulip is as unique as mom. Is it right, mommy?" taeyong teases the new mother and Baekhyun chuckles.

"yeah, I am a mommy now," baekhyun admits.

"after a day of dozing off, you must be hungry. I cooked seaweed soup for you. let me feed you," halmeoni opens the three tier tiffin carriers. There are rice, seaweed soup and fresh cut apples in the tiffin carriers. Seaweed soup is a staple for moms who have just given birth. The seaweed helps new moms recover from childbirth and helps with lactation.

It takes only fifteen minutes for Baekhyun to finish eating. suddenly, cho wriggles in his sleep and cries out loud. Baekhyun's heart clenches at the sound of his son's wail. He rocks the baby in his arms but Cho keeps bawling.

"why he is still crying?"

"I think he is hungry. Can you guys turn around for a while? Baekhyun needs to feed his baby," halmeoni requests.

"oh, I will take nursing bottle-" taeyong is going to the sofa to take a nursing bottle before halmeoni stops him.

"no need to take it, taeyong. Baekhyun will feed him." this statement shocks everyone in the room.

"halmeoni, I don't think I can..." baekhyun is unsure that he can feed his baby with his own milk.

"trust me," halmeoni assures. All the visitors except halmeoni turn their heads away to give him privacy.

The hospital's staff provides Baekhyun with a 3 in 1 labour ,delivery and nursing gown. The gown eases him to feed Cho. The vertical front snaps give immediate skin-to-skin contact and nursing access. He unfastens the snaps and lifts the vertical slits. Halmeoni guides him on how to hold cho properly. Baekhyun feeds his little sunshine. He looks down at the way his son latches on his , hungrily.

"welcome to this world, Byun Cho," baekhyun murmurs and leans down to peck Cho.

--------------------------------------

It is Baekhyun's fourth day of his stay in the hospital.

"we are going home today. are you happy?" Baekhyun talks to his baby. They are waiting for Taeyong to pay the hospital bills at the administration counter. Baekhyun is happily chatting with Cho on the bed. he places his bag near him.

"hyung..." taeyong walks towards Baekhyun with a sombre expression.

"hey, what with that face?" Baekhyun inquires.

"hyung...you can't go home today..."

Baekhyun laughs because he thinks that Taeyong is fooling him.

"hyung, I'm serious!" taeyong rubs his face. He unintentionally yells at Baekhyun. Baekhyun's laughs dies down.

"they wouldn't discharge you unless we settle the bills," taeyong says. "the money you gave to me just now is not enough." Taeyong sighs. Taeyong knows that Baekhyun is having financial issue. He was there last night when xiumin hyung lent some cash to Baekhyun.

"how much I need to pay?" baekhyun asks. Taeyong's answer manages to turn Baekhyun's world upside down.

"why the cost is really expensive!" baekhyun freaks out. He does not have much money. He used all his saving to pay Baekbeom's debt. Now, he is penniless.

"this is private hospital,hyung. Don't you realize it?" taeyong heaves out. "private institutions are significantly more expensive because they are privately funded."

Now, Baekhyun understands why he gets his own private and spacious room. he also gets counselling, education and therapeutic services during his postpartum stay. When Baekhyun started to go into labour, xiumin and the waiter were looking for the nearest hospital and this hospital was the closest one.

"what should I do now?"

"don't worry, Hyung. I will help you," taeyong reassures while hugging Baekhyun. taeyong is worry too as where he can find such amount within a short time.

"no!" baekhyun shakes his head. " you helped me a lot already. I don't want to burden you anymore."

"hyung...how are you going to pay the bills? You just gave birth!" taeyong emphasizes.

"I don't want to be a parasite, Taeyong!" Tears are b in Baekhyun's eyes.

"hyung, you would never be a parasite. It's my job as your 'brother' to help you," Taeyong consoles him.

"if this can make you feel better...you can pay me back when you have money," taeyong suggests and Baekhyun does not have any other option.

"okay. I will repay your money as soon as possible. Thank you," Baekhyun mumbles.

Taeyong's phone is ringing. They break their embrace session. the call is from unknown number. 

"hello,"taeyong answers the call. "what? Which hospital?" taeyong is still speaking with the person from the other line. "okay, I'll come right now." taeyong ends the call.

"hyung, I'm sorry but I really need to go now. halmeoni is admitted to the hospital," taeyong says in one breath and sprints to the door.

Baekhyun stays in the hospital for more than a week. Sadly, even after a week, the money taeyong has raised is still not enough to pay the bills. Baekhyun is aware that taeyong needs to support halmeoni's medical fee.

Last week,taeyong received a call from a stranger. The stranger told him about halmeoni fainted at a bus stop with bleeding nose. When the doctor treating her, the doctor diagnosed leukemia and suggested to taeyong for halmeoni to undergo chemotherapy.

Baekhyun feels like a bad person for burdening the younger. Taeyong works part time to pay his study fee. Now, he needs to divide his small earning for his study, for his halmeoni's treatment and for Baekhyun. recently, xiumin is having problem as well.

Xiumin's older brother, Donghae was drunk and he attacked a person in the bar. The person's condition was already critical when they brought him to the hospital.

The person needs to support his wife and three children. His injured condition is not allowing him to go to work. He demands compensation from Donghae. The useless Donghae does not care about the compensation. In fact, he goes to another bar and sleeps with many women. The person's wife meets Xiumin's mother and tells her about the compensation matter. Xiumin's mother loves her son dearly to the point she is willing to compensate on behalf of Donghae. Both xiumin's mother and Donghae are jobless. So, where they get the money from? Definitely, xiumin sends all his income and savings to his family. Jongdae does not have a good financial status too. The company he used to work went bankrupt last month. He earns a little with his current job.

baekhyun cannot just sit and waits for people's help and sympathy. He needs to find money on his own too. A week is enough for him to recover. The wound of giving birth is slowly healing and he is getting better . He deems that he is able to work. However, the hospital's staffs would not allow him to leave the room unless the bills are settled. the only place he is allowed to go is the nursery room.

after a patient service assistants brings him a dinner, Baekhyun begins his escape mission. Firstly, he clads in black hoodie and a pair of black trousers when the service assistant is no longer in his sight. He even wears a cap to hide his face. He takes his bag and gets out of the room when the line is clear. He uses stairs instead of lift because the stairs are more secluded. When he is tripping down the stairs, there is an old man leaning on stairs rails. The old man is sweating profusely while clutching on his chest tightly. Baekhyun approaches the old man rapidly.

"mister, what's wrong?" baekhyun asks but the old man cannot give an answer. The old man points his finger on his lelft chest. Unortunately, Baekhyun does not manage to catch the meaning.

Baekhyun leaves the stairs area to find a nurse or doctor. Finally, he sees a nurse but then he refuses to call her out. He is escaping from this hospital, right? the encounter with the medical staffs will destroy his plan. All the hospital staffs know about Baekhyun who cannot pay the hospital expanses. They know that Baekhyun and his baby cannot discharge from the hospital. Baekhyun's postpartum stay is prolong.

But, Baekhyun is not selfish. The old man needs help. He can think about the escape plan later. Now, the old man's safety is his priority.

"nurse!" baekhyun calls her.

The said nurse twists her head and flabbergasted to see Baekhyun. "baekhyun-ssi? What a re you doing here? and where is your hospital gown?" the nurse interrogates her. she raises her eyebrow and stares at him.

"I escape-" baekhyun accidentally gives her an honest answer. Oh my god! Things are getting out of plan.

"you want to escape? I'm sorry but I have to follow the procedure. Come with me, mr byun. we are going back to your room." the nurse grabs baekhyun's wrist and drags him to somewhere else.

"nurse kim. Forget about me wanting to run away. An old man needs our help!" baekhyun wriggles his hand to release his wrist from the nurse.

"let's go! We don't have much time!" baekhyun runs towards the stairs, the nurse is trailing behind him.

"master Wu!" the nurse panics when she recognizes the old man's face. The nurse is in charge to tend to master Wu.

"mr byun, can you take a wheelchair at the end of the hallway?" the nurse request. Fortunately, the hospital staff always prepared wheelchairs at open place for emergency case like this.

"sure," baekhyun says. The nurse checks the patient's pocket gown if he brings his medicine along. Howver, the nurse found nothing inside the pocket. Then, Baekhyun comes back with a wheelchair. Both of them put the weak old man on the wheelchair and wheels him to his room. inside the room, the nurse quickly gives the old man his medicine. after taking the pills, the old man is feeling better. The pain inside his chest is fading. The nurse keeps doing a medical check up to the old man to ensure his healthy.

Baekhyun is not allowed to enter the room. the nurse tells him to wait outside. Baekhyun takes this chance to escape. He dashes to the ground floor using stairs. Unbeknown to him, all the hospital staff at the ground floor are gossiping about Bakhyun's missing. Baekhyun is walking towards the main door. he is unaware that his suspicious disguise draws attention from a security guard.

"stop here,mister." Baekhyun bumps into a security guard. Baekhyun wants to moves away from this security guard but he grips Baekhyun's elbow securely. The guard pushes the hood and takes the cap from Baekhyun's head. He brings Baekhyun's chin upward to look at his face clearly.

"as I expected. It's really you!" the security guard smirks. "I found him," he speaks through a walkie talkie.

Then, a clerical staff arrives. "let's go back to your room,Mr Byun." however, baekhyun does not budge from his place.

"please, mr byun. don't put up too much off a fuss. We are just doing our duty," the nurse begs and baekhyun follows her half-heartedly. He fails to escape tonight. The clerical staff locks the room's door to prevent Baekhyun from running away again.

Around 10 o'clock in the morning, someone enters Baekhyun's room. baekhyun knows someone is coming towards him but he does not know who is it. baekhyun is lying on his rightside, his back facing the door.

"mr byun. I am Nurse Kim. I know you are not sleeping. I have something to tell you." nurse kim sits on the chair and waits for Baekhyun's response.

It is rude to ignore a visitor. So, Baekhyun changes his lying position to look at Nurse Kim.

"oh,it's you!" apparently, Nurse Kim was the nurse he met last night.

" I talked to the billing manager just now and he agreed to discharge you. but, we need to keep your son here until you manage to settle the bills. I told him that the longer you stayed here, the more expensive the cost became. At least, when we release you, the cost when you staying here can be cut off. Besides, you can go to work to earn money to discharge your son later," Nurse Kim explains.

" but I want to bring my son with me," baekhyun whines.

" I'm sorry but we cannot grant your wish. We need to keep your baby as collateral." The statement hurts Baekhyun. cho is not an item, he is not supposed to be put up as collateral. but he can do nothing as it is the hospital's rules.

"we did our best but we can't save the baby. He dies shortly after birth. I'm sorry," the obstetrician tells about the neonatal death to a middle-aged woman. He hangs his head low as he also feels sad over the loss baby.

"your son is still sleeping as the effect of anaesthesia. I need to do further check up on him now," the obstetrician walks into the delivery room.

The middle-aged woman heard was so happy when she heard the loud cries of her grandson. Unfortunately, the cries sound disappeared shortly after that. She hoped that her grandson was okay but when the doctor came out of the delivery room, he delivered a bad news to her.

"it's such a disappointment that the baby has died. Kyungsoo, why were you so careless?" the middle-aged woman grumbles as she lands her but on the 4 seater waiting chair.

She almost reaches the peak of her plans but the death of the baby ruins her hardwork. The baby is the key for her and kyungsoo to become 'Park' family member.

"I must do something. Yes, the Parks cannot acknowledge about this dead baby!" she says determinedly. By hook or by crook, kyungsoo needs to be Park Kyungsoo once again.

A week has passed after baekhyun being discharged from the hospital. He works at a bakery shop which is located not far away from the hospital. This is because he can go back and forth to the hospital to meet Cho. Due to the effects of giving birth, he cannot do heavy job even he wants to. since he is not fully recovered, he only manages to work as a bar singer at night. he does not earn much by doing these two simple jobs.

Today, Baekhyun absents from his work due to high fever. Taeyong sent him to a clinic nearby this morning and the doctor advised him to rest. Baekhyun was upset because the doctor's consultation and medicines were pricey. he reluctantly paid the for his medicines and the consultation. he mad at himself for getting sick. He should go to work and save money to discharge Cho. taeyong went back to his work after sending Baekhyun home.

Baekhyun is sleeping when someone knocks his door. baekhyun's head is too dizzy and heavy to deal with someone behind the door. he intents to go back to sleep but the hit on his door is getting intense.

"hey Baekhyun! open the door!" dasom demands. She is the one who has been knocking Baekhyun's door.

"what is it, ahjumma?" baekhyun asks straight to the point because the throb in his head is unbearable. He wants his ahjumma to leave his room so he can sleep peacefully.

"don't act dumb! Where is the room rent? You should pay the rent last week but I really lenient to let you pay this week." Dasom says arrogantly.

Baekhyun forgot about his room rent. He is working his off for the hospital bills. Now, his stepmother adds another problem into his list.

"can we postpone the payment? I don't have money to pay," Baekhyun speaks softly,

"do you think I care? Pay or get out from here!" Dasom drags Baekhyun to the main door.

Baekhyun wriggles in Dasom's hold until dasom has none other choice than releases him. Baekhyun kneels down and looks at Dasom.

"ahjumma, please spare me. I'll pay later when I have enough money. My son, Cho is stuck in the hospital unless I settle the hospital bills. I promise, after Cho is discharged, I'll give you the money!" baekhyun begs to his stepmother.

"your son is still in the hospital?"

"yes."

"that's why I haven't heard baby cries although your belly is flat. I know you had given birth but you do not bring along your child. I thought your baby has died but yeah...he is alive," dasom shrugs nonchalantly.

"yes, he is alive. Healthy and cute," thinking about Cho brings a delight feeling to his heart.

"I keep your promise, my dear stepson." Dasom leaves the kneeling Baekhyun and heads to her room.

A few minutes later, she gets out of her room, clads in green t-shirt and a pair of black pants. They are the uniforms where she works. When her husband, Byun Siwon died, she looked for a job. With baekbeom's debts and his interest in gambling, Baekhyun's salary was not sufficient for her and Baekbeom to live. She managed to find one, a cashier at a supermarket.

Dasom is walking to her workplace as always. But she senses that there are people following her. when she turns her head to look behind her, she found no one. She starts walking and then she can hear the footsteps are trailing after her. she walks into a crowd of people. Her stalkers follows her into the crowd but they lose her track.

"! Where is the woman!" one of the stalkers groans.

"relax! I think she is hiding somewhere. She can't be far from here," the other one says as his eyes roaming around the street.

"let's go!" both of them proceed to find Dasom.

Dasom gets out of her hiding place when the men go away. She carelessly walks to her workplace without realizing that the men are lingering near her. the men have not been too far yet. One of the men spots her figure.

"hey you! stop right there!" the man orders but of course Dasom obeys.

Dasom runs towards the road. She wants to cross the busy road but the action is courting danger. She lowers her body to hide among the parked cars by the side road. The men are sure having bigger and tougher body but they are slower than a snail. In a blink of an eye, dasom is missing from their visions again. Dasom squats from one car to another car to run from the men. She could hear the men's voices from her hiding spot. To her luck, the car's door is unlocked. She opens the door of the backseat and enters the car quickly. Her sudden presence in the car shocks the person in the backseat.

"hey,who are you? get out!" the person shrieks while pushing Dasom.

All the windows of the car are tinted so the men cannot spot Dasom. Dasom' back is facing the person as Dasom is busy watching the men from inside.

"are you deaf? What are you doing in my car? Get out!" the person's shriek does not cease down. The person pulls Dasom's shoulder to take a look of her face. The person wants to know this intruder's face. When Dasom turns around, both of them look at each other face.

"Do Bora-ssi?!" dasom stares at the person.

"how do you know my name?" bora asks her.

" I am Dasom. Remember?" Dasom flashes a smile to her.

" Dasom? It's really you?"

Dasom nods enthusiastically. "yes, it's me. your lost bestfriend." Dasom says.

Bora embraces Dasom. They have not meet in such a long time.

" anyway, are you okay? what are you doing inside my car?" bora releases dasom from hug. Bora's driver, Jojo drops by a convenience store to buy several items for his employer's son. Bora wants to visit her son at the hospital so she gives the list to her driver. Bora waits in the car while the driver buying those items. The car's doors remain unlocked but she ignores it. she thinks that the unlocked doors bring no harm to her until a stranger invades her car. Lastly, the stranger turns out to be her lost bestfriend.

"I'm escaping from a loan shark's subordinates," Dasom sighs.

Then, bora's driver enters the car and begins to drive.

"jojo, take me to the Bubble Coffee Shop," bora instructs her driver.

"yes,madam."