PART 22

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

After the kiss that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had shared, the two are not in a good term. When they run into each other, Baekhyun is the first to take another route to avoid his employer. Meanwhile, Chanyeol just glances at the new nanny and proceeds with his work. After returning from Buncheon, Chanyeol becomes more sweet and romantic to Kyungsoo. Baekhyun knows he should not be sad about that but his eyes disobey. Chanyeol often being lovey-dovey towards his fiance whenever Baekhyun is around. Baekhyun is hurt by the sight but who is he to stop them?

Baekhyun is going to nursery room when he bumps with one of the maids. She is Eunji, Baekhyun's closest colleague. "I see a lot of foods at the dining table. Does Mansion Park receive any guest today?This guest must be special," Baekhyun guesses.

"ouh, you don't know that Master Park Chanyeol's cousin is here. He has been staying here for 2 days," Eunji asks while putting the grilled lobster to join other dishes on the table.

Recently, Baekhyun's mind full with Chanyeol, about Chanyeol's sudden behaviour towards him and the kiss. He is too busy to think about his ex husband until he does not realize about another person's presence inside this mansion. In additon, Baekhyun spend most of his time accompanying Hyuk in the nursery room, backyard and at the park. At the same time, he can avoid Chanyeol. Chanyeol rarely comes to nursery room. Only Kyungsoo does.

"you are so funny, Betty," Eunji chuckles. " but I cannot blame you. The guest is seldom seen in this mansion. He loves going out, maybe to accompany Grandma Park. In this mansion, he usually locks himself in the guest room and comes out when Grandma Park asks him to," Eunji explains.

"wow, you know a lot about this guy," Baekhyun teases. "do you like him?" Baekhyun raises his eyebrow.

"who is not going to fall in love at the first sight with him? He's so handsome with his y bronze skin. He has tall and sturdy body. His shoulders are broad, a great place to lean against," eunji imagines the guest's s features.

"do you know his name?"

"i heard his name is Kim Kai. I can't wait to admire his face during dinner time. It's okay if i need to see him from afar-" Eunji wants to talk more about her crush but Mrs Kim interrupts their conversation. They stop talking and proceeds with their own work.

Baekhyun puts Hyuk into the crib. While adjusting Hyuk into more comfortable position, baekhyun notices that Hyuk's Drop and Go Dump Truck is nowhere to be seen. It should be inside the crib. Hyuk will let out a wail if the truck is not with him once he gets up. Chanyeol bought the truck for Hyuk recently. Hyuk loves his new toy really much and carries it everywhere.

"oh,god! When was the last time I saw the truck?" Baekhyun racks his mind to find the it. "Maybe we left it at the garden."

Baekhyun runs towards the garden. He has found the searched item and plans to go back to the nursery room. but he halts his steps when he hears a quarrel not far from where he stands. Baekhyun walks closer to the source of the voices, he has enter the deep part of the garden. This mansion has a wide garden since Grandma Park and her late daughter-in-law,Park Min-yeong loved gardening. But now, the gardener is taking care of various flowers and plants.

Baekhyun sees two people who are standing and facing each other. It is Kyungsoo and other person that Baekhyun has never seen before. But, the mystery guy's fcae seems familiar to Baekhyun. Baekhyun hides a tree and peers at them with suspicion.

"why do you keep bothering me? I thought I made it clear last time. Everything happened between us has over!

"really? I remembered I hadn't say anything to you. You just leave me in Hawaii and came to Korea. Technically, you're still my boyfriend, mine,"

"are you crazy? I'm your cousin's fiance!"

"so what? I don't care!" the guy kisses Kyungsoo brutally. Kyungsoo pushes the guy to break the kiss.

"Kim Kai!" Kyungsoo screams, slapping Kai's cheek.

"oh, this is kim kai that eunji had mentioned earlier!" Baekhyun does not expect to see Chanyeol's cousin this way. Who is Kim Kai to Kyungsoo? Do they have or had any romantic relationship?

"stop acting,Kyungsoo. I'm not like Chanyeol who can be fooled easily," Kai snickers. "be careful, Kyungie. I keep all your secrets. I'm powerful enough to destroy you and your so called fiance," Kai smirks.

"don't you dare, arsehole," Kyungsoo seethes his teeth.

"i'm wondering...what is his reaction if I tell him about your true colors?" Kai rubs his chin while imagining Chanyeol's disappointed expression. "I feel pity towards my cousin. You and Chanyeol divorced although Chanyeol did not wanted you let go. Chanyeol kept chasing after you, demanding to remarry. You planned to go to London but you missed your flight that day. Lucky for you for not taking that plane. The plane was crashed on its journey to London. Chanyeol knew about your plan and schedule to London. He thought you were in the plane and died in plane crash. You took advantage of the situation. You faked your own death in an attempt to escape from Chanyeol and your mother. You used Chanyeol's remaining money in your account to go to Hawaii. We met in Waikiki Beach at the right time, when you did not have money left in your account. We became boyfriends but I was aware that you were only after my money. You left me after perceiving about me got into debts and not being as rich as your ex husband. You returned to Chanyeol back," kai says in disappointment. Kyungsoo is Kai's high school crush. His loves for the doe-eyed guy grows as time passes.

"i never want to be back together with Chanyeol. But I need money to survive. Chanyeol is my and my mother's source of cash. I had to left you that time because an insolvent like you would bring problems to me. In addition, my mother knew about my fake death. She forced me to go back to Chanyeol. Her company went bankrupt and Chanyeol's wealth could save her from getting into prison," kyungsoo tells sorrowfully.

"you still haven't change,right?" Kai smirks. "only money matters to you," Kai mocks.

"i'm not a hypocrite. At least, I'm being honest with you about my materialism," Kyungsoo sniggers.

Baekhyun cannot believe with what he heard just now. Kyungsoo lies to Chanyeol all this time?

"you're mine,Kyungie. Don't forget it," Kai says confidently before he heads to the mansion.

Since Kyungsoo's secret meeting with Kai has ended, Baekhyun plans to leave his hiding place. Afraid if Kyungsoo find out that he had eavesdropped their conversation just now. Baekhyun steps backward slowly and carefully. Kyungsoo is no longer at the place. Where is he? Has he enter the mansion already?

Thug

Baekhyun's back hits someone's chest.

"i know it is you," the voice is cold and intimidating. Baekhyun's face turns pale. He has been found out!

Baekhyun turns his body around to see who is it. It is Kyungsoo! Baekhyun immediately lowers his head, avoiding the intense glare from Kyungsoo.

"how much you heard?"

Baekhyun remains silent.

"ouh I see...you heard everything. Listen, mind your own business and I'll make your life a living hell," Kyungsoo warns.

"what if I won't?" Baekhyun challenges. "you lie to Master Park. How could you? Don't you know that Master Park really loves you?"

"and what it has to do with you, betty? Or should I call you, Byun Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo devilishly.

Baekhyun is stunned. How can Kyungsoo know about his real identity?

"I'm not dumb,Byun. Don't you see that we're in a win win situation? I'll keep your secret and you will not tell anyone about what you heard just now. Deal?" Kyungsoo negotiates. "think wisely, Byun. Chanyeol will definitely kick you out from this mansion once he knows about your real identity. I don't understand why you're so eager to stay here. I mean, you even disguise as a female to work here. I'm clueless with your real motif but never mind. I'm not interested in your life and problems," Kyungsoo says casually. "in fact, if you tell everyone about my lie, who is going to trust you? You don't have any proofs," Kyungsoo grins.

Baekhyun fists his hand to suppress the anger inside him. Kyungsoo is right. Who is going to believe the fact. He lacks of evidence.

"i assume we get a deal," Kyungsoo declares triumphantly.

It is midnight and Baekhyun steps into his room to have rest. Baekhyun is going to shut the door and locks it but Kyungsoo suddenly barges in into his room.

Bang!

Kyungsoo shuts the door and locks it.

"Kyungsoo, what do you want?" baekhyun is tired and sleepy. He is not interested to argue with his employer's fiance.

Kyungsoo shoves a cheque to Baekhyun. "this cheque is yours if you want to quit your job and stay away from us," Kyungsoo offers. Baekhyun glances at the amount on the cheque.

Wow! Baekhyun can buy a double storey bungalow with pools and an audi car! Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, Baekhyun is not materialistic like him.

"pardon me, I'm not an object that you can buy easily," Baekhyun highlights.

"perhaps, the amount is too little for you," Kyungsoo thinks. He crumples up the cheque and write new amount on a new cheque.

While Kyungsoo writes the amount, Baekhyun uses the chance to grabs his phone on the bedside table. He opens the camera app and switches the camera mode in the Camera app to video recording.

"the amount is larger than the previous one," kyungsoo waves the cheque in front of Baekhyun's face.

"so, Mr Do Kyungsoo...if I quit working here and disappear from all of you, the cheque will be mine?" Baekhyun shows his interest with Kyungsoo's offer.

"yes,Byun. I can give you more if you want."

"you don't want people in this mansion know that you had faked your death. Everyone thought you were died in a plane crash. But the truth was, you flied to Hawaii and had fun there using the money you stole from Chanyeol's company. You became Mr Kim Kai's boyfriend but not long after that, you left him. You realized that Mr Kim Kai was not as filthy rich as Chanyeol. In order to save your dirty secret, you want to eliminate me from this mansion," Baekhyun assumes.

"yes,byun. You got them all right! I can't let Chanyeol and Grandma Park know the truth. They will kick me out and my dream to be this mansion owner would be ruined!"

Baekhyun chuckles. Baekhyun takes the cheque using his right hand. His left hand is holding his smartphone. Kyungsoo smirks, thinking he has won this battle. Unexpectedly, Baekhyun crumples the cheque and throws it at Kyungsoo.

"i'm not greedy like you,kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo's face turns red in anger. He directly attacks Baekhyun.

"how dare you downgrade me, !" Kyungsoo hisses while choking Baekhyun on the bed.

Baekhyun cough several times and struggles for air. "Let-ugh m-me ugh go!" Baekhyun begs breathlessly.

Baekhyun is almost died in Kyungsoo's hand if Kyungsoo does not divert his attention to a smart phone beside Baekhyun's hand. Perhaps the phone slipped out from Baekhyun's grip when Kyungsoo suddenly attacked him. At the same time, a notification shows on Baekhyun's Android. The phone's screen suddenly gets bright when it receives a notification. Unlucky for Baekhyun, Kyungsoo notices the red square button. It indicates that Baekhyun is recording a video.

"f*ucking ! You secretly record a video?" Kyungsoo streghten his grip on Baekhyun's neck.

Baekhyun pushes Kyungsoo's chest away and grabs his phone. He runs towards the door to escape.

"give me back your phone!" Kyungsoo grabs Baekhyun's arm and pulls him closer. Baekhyun dodges Kyungsoo's brutal attack to avoid him from taking his phone. Kyungsoo has lost his patient and he pushes Baekhyun strongly.

Thud!

Baekhyun falls backward and his head hits the cupboard. His head is bleeding heavily. Kyungsoo who is panicked, he quickly leaves the scene. He does not forget to bring Baekhyun's phone along with him. One hour later, Mrs Kim suddenly awakes. She stays next to Baekhyun's room. She heard a loud sound from Baekhyun's room but she thought she was dreaming. That was why she went back to sleep. Now, she is approaching Baekhyun's room to check on him. She wants to knock the door but she realizes the door is ajar. She senses something wrong has happened.

"Betty, are you alri-" Mrs Kim enters the room and gets surprised to see Baekhyun is lying unconsciously on the ground. Blood is pooling around Baekhyun's head. She hurriedly calls ambulance.

Nobody except kyungsoo and baekhyun know what happened that night. Chanyeol was still going outstation. Mrs Kim was sleeping like a log that time.

Only Mrs Kim's and Baekhyun's rooms are located at the area. other maids' rooms are situated quite far away from Mrs Kim's and Baekhyun's rooms. Because of the concussion, Baekhyun's head injury is quite serious. As a result, he suffers vocal cord paralysis. Vocal cord paralysis occurs when the nerve impulses to your voice box (larynx) are disrupted. This results in paralysis of the vocal cord muscles. Vocal cord paralysis can affect your ability to speak and even breathe.

Kyungsoo is satisfied with Baekhyun's current condition. Baekhyun's voice is hoarse and weak. He feels like having tension or pain in his throat while speaking. Or he feels like his voice box is tired. He seems to feel a lump in your throat when swallowing. Or he feels pain when he touches the outside of this throat. this way, Baekhyun is unable to reveal Kyungsoo's dirty secret to anyone. However, he still can expose his confidential via writing or any other mediums. But, Kyungsoo has found a key that will remind Baekhyun for disclosing Kyungsoo's matters. So, Kyungsoo does not have to kick the Byun kid. Because Kyungsoo needs Baekhyun to take care of Hyuk after all.

It has been a month after Baekhyunis being discharged from the hospital. The wound in his head is getting better despite he is still suffering vocal cord disorder.

Chanyeol interrogated Baekhyun, demanded him to tell the chronology. Strangely, the CCTV at the corridor was dysfunction during that night. So, he did not able to check what was actually going on. Since Baekhyun cannot talk, he wrote on a paper during the interrogation.it was written " I dropped my loose powder and it scattered on the floor. The floor became slippery and I slipped over it. I fell and head hit the cupboard."

Chanyeol asked Mrs Kim if she saw any evidence of loose powder on the floor that night. She denied. There was only Baekhyun's blood and crumpled small papers. Baekhyun was not being honest but Chanyeol did not interrogates Baekhyun anymore. Even if he forced the nanny to tell him the truth, Baekhyun would remained furtive.

Chanyeol believed that Bakhyun had fight with someone that night. The person who caused Baekhyun's head injured. But who is it? If only Chanyeol did not have outstation for three weeks starting from a day before Betty's accident happened. Perhaps, he could find the perpetrator easily. He was told about Baekhyun's incident when he came back from outstation. It was too late to investigate because all the evidences and proofs has been cleared. Chnayeol did not involve police because he needed to save Park's reputation.

Even until now, Betty's concussion is still haunting Chanyeol. Chanyeol feels guilty. The nanny has lost ability to talk properly. Chanyeol is unable to get rid of Betty's face from his mind. On top of that, After having vocal cord disorder, Chanyeol never sees the nanny smiles at him anymore. The nanny forces a smile with everyone except Chanyeol. Chanyeol always observes and peeps on her in stealth. There is no lullabies heard during Hyuk's sleeping time. To make it worse, betty often avoids him. She will turn her head away when Chanyeol stares at her. She loves to daydream and tends to look at Hyuk with a longing gaze.

Why he keep thinking about the nanny these days? Why does he need to feel guilty towards the nanny's suffer? Is he feeling guilty as an employer or feeling guilty for being unable to protect her? Why does his heart beat fast when Betty is around him? Why do he feel butterflies in his stomach when he sees her smile? Why does he tend to find excuses so that he can meet the nanny? Why does he feel upset whenever he sees her sorrow expression? Why does he feel angry when betty avoids him? Why does he keep picturing Betty in his dreamed family instead of Kyungsoo? On to of that, why does he feel hurt and betrayed to see Betty becomes close with his cousin,Kim Kai?

When Chanyeol came home from his office, he searched for Hyuk and the nanny but they were not in the mansion. he headed to backyard, thinking they might be there. But, he was welcomed with unpleasant sight. Kim Kai,Betty and Hyuk were having picnic together at the garden. Hyuk was holding new toys, perhaps Kim Kai bought them for him. Kim Kai played together with Hyuk and it looked like Hyuk accepted Kim Kai to play with him. Baekhyun smiled when Hyuk attacked Kim Kai with his pistol. Oh, Chanyeol really missed to see that genuine smile! But his heart burning up with jealousy when Baekhyun giggled to each kim kai's silly jokes. He shows the green-eyed monster when Kim Kai lied on top on Betty's body. Actually, Kim Kai tried to shoo away a wasp but he slipped over and accidentally fell on to op Betty's body. The two adults locked their eyes in that position and Chanyeol could not bring himself to look at them anymore. Chanyeol dragged his feet to his car and left the mansion. He had to cool down his mind and forgot his aching heart.

Here he is now, in the bar. Chanyeol is already drunk but it does not halt him from ordering more champagnes from the bartender. The bartender advises him to stop drinking but Chanyeol yells at him to mind his own business. No matter how much Chanyeol chokes down the alcohol, betty's image keeps replaying in his mind. He wants Betty! F*uck off with his status as Kyungsoo's fiance and Hyuk's daddy! Chanyeol he cannot drive in this state so he gets in a taxi and leave the bar.

At the mansion, Chanyeol quickly heads towards Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun is still sleeping since it is 2 am in the morning when he heard a loud and knocks at this door. Wearing his wig, baekhyun scurries towards the door.

His eyes widen in shock after seeing who is visiting his room at this hour. Chanyeol Betty's smooth cheek while admiring Betty's beauty.the alcohol increase his arousal and ual desire towards betty. Baekhyun becomes afraid with Chanyeol's strange attitude. When he smells alcohol on Chanyeol, baekhyun cannot hide his fear. He tries to slam the door but Chanyeol is faster to push him and enters his room. Chanyeol locks the door. The click sound is alarming Baekhyun, telling him that he is danger. Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol with all of his energy until he falls. Baekhyun bolts towards the door but he cannot escape from the room. He cannot find the key to unlock the door. Chanyeol has his the key! Why this door need a key to unlock from inside? Who created this kind of door?

Chanyeol embraces baekhyun from behind and carries him to the bed. Baekhyun rebels in Chanyeol's hold to break free but to no avail. Chanyeol is stronger than him. Chanyeol slams Baekhyun on his bed and presses Baekhyun's body with his own. It is like a deja vu. Baekhyun had been in this kind of situation and he swears he does not that thing to occur. Chanyeol and alcohol never brings good outcome to Baekhyun. Baekhyun knows what is going to happen next and he hates it! Baekhyun hits chanyeol's chest and shoves his body several times.

"let me go!"Baekhyun screams,making his throat hurts but of course Chanyeol cannot hear it. No sound emits from baekhyun's lips.

"scream baby! Scream! Hahahaha. Nobody can hear you!" Chanyeol snickers. Mrs Kim's room is empty because she returns to her hometown to handle her son's wedding.

When Chanyeol kiss his neck, Baekhyun shifts vigorously under him. Baekhyun even spits on him. Fed up with Baekhyun's rebellion, Chanyeol slaps his cheek to tame him.

"stop rebelling!" chanyeol shouts.

The slap is hard and painful to Baekhyun. Baekhyun can taste blood in his mouth.

"we are going to have the best in our life," Chanyeol whispers. Baekhyun freezes in place,he can feel the color draining from his face.

Baekhyun wakes up alone in his bed. He peeks into his body that being covered by the blanket. He is fully . His chest and legs full of red marks and hickeys. He touches his hair, noting that he is not wearing his wig.

"Chanyeol found out my real identity," baekhyun sighs. Baekhyun gets out of his bed and wraps a towel around his body. His is sore and all of his body part feel wrecked. He wobbles to the bathroom,feeling the dripping down his legs. Baekhyun rubs his tummy, praying that the will not resulting him with pregnancy. Baekhyun is afraid to conceive without a partner by his side twice. He has had enough!