five

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
5

 

Sehun

Today is the day I've been waiting for. My final date with Hyebin. I may seem okay but the truth is, I'm not ready to let her go, I don't even know if I can. I peek through the window, looking at the sky. Well the weather seems nice today, hopefully a good sign. What good sign I'm asking for?

I'm all dressed up heading to the door but then I see Yeonhee having her breakfast alone. Usually she'll be happy chirpy greeting me in the morning and force me to join her. But today, she's just eating her cereal while staring blankly at the bowl. I don't think she even notices me watching her. It's weird seeing her acting absent minded these past few days. I wonder if she's okay but she's the least of my concern right now. Today is about me and Hyebin, just us, nobody else matters.

 

We meet at Banpo Bridge as promised. It's funny I feel butterflies in my tummy, just like a teenager in love. Everything seems okay at the beginning. We are walking side by side by the Han River, savouring the fresh air of winter. 

"Does he know you are meeting me today?" I start my conversation. Why the hell am I asking about her boyfriend?! What a stupid move.

"Of course" she smiles. "I don't plan on hiding anything from him. But I don't wanna feel like I'm cheating, so we broke up. But just for a day! So today I'm no one's girlfriend"

How can she be so calm at a time like this? Smiling and giggling talking about some other guy.

"He... let you broke up with him?!" I asked surprised. 

"Well... yes, after much persuasion. But he has his condition." she said while showing me a ring on her finger. "He wants me to wear this all the time. To remind me of himself. He's funny right?" Hyebin chuckles.

I feel like my heart is stabbed. Seeing her talking happily about him, her boyfriend, which is obviously not me, gives me double stabs.  

Do you know you are breaking my heart Hyebin?

I should change the topic. We shouldn't talk about anyone else.

"I'm going to Japan next week. Work stuff."

"Oh really? How long?" 

"Not sure. Hey, you remember our trip to Japan two years ago?"

"How can I forget? You tripped in front of a bunch of school kids! And when we went to the haunted house, you scream like a baby!" she teased.

"Says the one who cried!" I retorted.

We keep on talking, reminiscing our happy memories and laugh happily. It feels so right to be this way.

"Let's go to Everland!" I suggested out of the blue.

"Are you sure?" she asked surprised.

"Of course! We should have fun on our date! So a themepark it is"

 

The drive from Seoul to Everland is fun. Our car conversation is full of stupid lame jokes and reminiscing our memories. I always cheerish my driving-moment with Hyebin, it's very special to me, the reason why I refuse to let Yeonhee ride my car. I don't want her to replace my memory with Hyebin.

Everland is a best place to have fun. I'm hoping one day I can go here again with my kids. But will I have the chance to have kids? As long as I'm married to Yeonhee, building a family is somewhat impossible. I can't see a family without Hyebin. 

Everland has so many sections but we only try those suitable for couples on a date. Besides, this place is huge it is impossible to cover everything in a day. 

While we are munching Churros on a bench, Hyebin pointed to a large wooden roller coaster. "Let's ride the T-express. Who scream will lose. The loser has to pay for dinner" Hyebin suggested happily.

"Okay!!! Not a problem. You'll lose Hyebin" I said confidently with a loud laugh and Hyebin laugh as well. 

Both of us were confident to win earlier but guess what? We both ended up screaming to the top of our lungs. That means we both lost. Looks like we'll have to pay for our own dinner.

Through the whole date, I tried to hold her hand so many times but she's good at avoiding it. Either she put her hand in the pocket or she's holding something. That frustrated me a little. 

You are really not crossing the line huh, Hyebin?

 

After a joyful day at Everland, we had our dinner at a fine dining restaurant in Apgujeong. I'm really sad this day is coming to an end. Heck I don't want this day to end at all.

"Sehun-ah... Are you happy today?" she asked.

"I'm always happy when I'm with you" I replied.

We are smiling to each other, and there's a silence for a while.

"Why can't we be toge

Please log in to read the full chapter