twenty

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
20

 

 

 

"Why would we comply to their request? They are in a middle of lawsuits. I'm sticking to my decision to terminate their contract, severe all ties and deals with JeaHwa&Co" Sehun stressed out his opinion for the fifth time. 

Even though majority of the people in the board meeting agree with Sehun, some of them still object. 

"But we have been dealing with them for a long time. They have been our main suppliers for years. Not to mention the prices they offer are the lowest" said one of the board directors.

"So you would rather be fooled then? Well I don't" 

"We'll lose 50% of our profit"

"It's not a big deal because it doesn't really affect us. We can gain more elsewhere. In this world, you gain some, you lose some. I don't want to get my hands dirty, or even get involved. I believe integrity brings eternity" Sehun retorted sticking firm with his opinion.

The meeting room becomes quiet. Sehun's father, Chairman Oh, is present as well. He of course agrees with Sehun's opinion but he doesn't blindly show he's on Sehun's side. Whatever hiccups or objections Sehun is facing in the meeting, never once he tried to intervene or solve it for his son because he wants him to learn on his own. He sits there and observes most of the time, he lets Sehun deals with it. And deep in his heart he is proud of Sehun.

Sehun is becoming more reliable over the years. He is becoming more confident in Sehun, which means he can retire sooner than he planned. Now he is sure Sehun is more than ready to take his position.

"He's right. Money laundering and tax evasion are serious issues. Business-wise, it's a bad choice to get involved with those likes" one of the directors said, supporting Sehun.

Arguments, opinions and objections are thrown on the table. Finally, the meeting which took more than 3 hours ended with everyone finally agree with Sehun. 

Sehun returns to his office and lies down on the couch. He lets out a big sigh. While he's resting, his mind wanders off thinking about Yeonhee. It has been 3 days since their last fight. Half of him feels guilty, half of him don't. But he admits he was way too harsh that night. 'I'll make your life a living hell', his own words keep on replaying in his mind. Truthfully, he didn't mean it.

'I have to stop feeling like this, stop caring. Brush away this guilt' he thought to himself.

But he knows it's easier said than done. How can he brush away his guilt and keep his cold demeanor when Yeonhee still treats him nicely. After the fight, Yeonhee stopped leaving notes for him on the fridge, but only for two days because this morning the notes on the fridge is back. Reminding him not to skip breakfast and wishing him a good day.

His heart is wavering but he is denying it. He keeps on telling himself over and over again that Yeonhee will never ever replace Hyebin's place in his heart, even though he has moved on from Hyebin. 

 

 

 

It's 8.30 pm and Yeonhee is all alone in the house enjoying her meal. Eating dinner alone is not an unusual thing for Yeonhee though. It doesn't matter if there's a fight with Sehun or not, she always has her meal alone.

After she has finished her meal and cleaned up the kitchen, she sits there at the dining table busying herself replying to Namjoon text. Namjoon has been very supportive and positive for her sake. He texted Yeonhee for the fourth time that day to remind her about her appointment tomorrow, but this time he made himself clear. If there's no show, he'll tell Sehun the truth. Of course Yeonhee wouldn't let that happen.

Suddenly there's a clanking sound behind her. "Oh my god!! You surprised me!" Yeonhee said with her hand clutching on her chest. She's all alone in the kitchen just now but out of nowhere suddenly Sehun is there leaning at the countertop. Yeonhee is too preoccupied with her phone she didn't even notice Sehun is already home.

"Don't you hear someone opened the door?" Sehun asked nonchalantly. He just got back from work, or more precisely, he just got back from Jongin's place. It's like his everyday routine spending time with Jongin after work. Why? Avoiding Yeonhee obviously. Long before, he avoided Yeonhee because he hated her, but now he avoids Yeonhee because he doesn't want his heart to waver. As a good friend, Jongin never complained, even when Sehun became the third wheel if he's on a date with Seulgi. Seulgi also is so cool to just let Sehun tag along. 

"No.. I didn't hear anything. Nevermind. Maybe I focus too much on my phone. Have you had your dinner?"

Sehun let her questions left unanswered. So Yeonhee knows very well that means he's already eaten. 

"Clear your schedule tomorrow night" Sehun said then, more like an order.

Yeonhee looks up from her phone. "What's there to be cleared? You know I never go out at night" she answered with a laugh. "Why?"

"Jongin's girlfriend is having a party tomorrow night"

"Seulgi-ssi? Is it a formal party? What's the occasion?"

"It's her parents idea. Celeberating her return to Korea for good and she already got a job"

"Owh really? Which hospital?"

"Wait, you know she's a doctor? How actually do you know her?" Sehun squinted his eyes as he asked her the question. "What are you hiding from me?" he asked more.

Yeonhee tries to remain calm. She won't let Sehun suspects anything. "Like I told you before, I heard Jongin said her name a few times and I think he mentioned a few times too his girlfriend is a doctor"

"Since when you and Jongin are close?"

Yeonhee laughs again at the question "We are not close. Not at all".

Sehun is about to bombard her with more questions but Yeonhee cuts him fast "It's late already. Good night Sehun-ssi". She quickly return to her room.

Sehun is left there in standing confusion. He couldn't understand what is going on. He expects Yeonhee to ignore him, to be mad at him so it will be easier for him to ignore her back. But now it seems like it is going the other way around, he finds that getting rid of Yeonhee is becoming harder.

 

 

 

Yeonhee

I take a deep breath standing in the elavator waiting for it to bring me to level 3. As the door slides open, Namjoon oppa's handsome face welcomes me. I smile at him and he smiles back at me. We then walk together to Dr Song's room.

Before I slide the door open, he says, "This time I won't go in together with you"

"Why?"

"I'll wait for you here, I won't go anywhere". He replied not answering my question at all.

I still look at him and smile. Instead of arguing or asking questions, I just follow what he said, I enter the room alone. The weird thing is, I don't feel scared or nervous at all. How can I be this calm? 

Dr Song shows me my MRI results. She starts to explain. "One of the tumors is pressing on the wall of your heart, causing irregular blood flow to your body. The other tumors are pressing on your liver and lung. I'm sorry to tell you but the progress is quite fast. I didn't expect this. The room

Please log in to read the full chapter