four

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
4

 

It has been two weeks since the fight between Sehun and Yeonhee. It was the most intense fight they had since they got married. The last big fight they had was the time when Hyebin was found unconscious at her house, which according to Sehun, was Yeonhee's fault.

Every morning since the fight, Yeonhee tried to talk to him but to no avail. It was either Sehun already left for work or he just ignored her. 

The fight is no secret from both of their friends. Sehun keeps spending most of his time at work or Jongin's place, while Yeonhee would be on the phone with Mina every night. However, Jongin's reaction and Mina's are totally different. Mina keeps on encouraging Yeonhee to make up with Sehun while Jongin's advice isn't helping at all. 

 

While Yeonhee is on her way to the gallery that morning, she feels the sharp pain again. It becomes more frequent recently, and sometimes she felt like it's hard to breathe. She started to worry as the symptoms don't go away.

'What is wrong with me? Maybe I'm just stressed out' she thought to herself. 

She tried to act like she's okay but it's getting worse. She feels dizzy and end up running to the restroom and throw up. 

"Yeonhee-ssi, is everything okay?" asked one of her colleague, knocking on the bathroom door to check on her.

After a long couple of minutes, she unlocks the door. "I'm fine, don't worry. Probably gastric" she said to her colleague in a weak voice.

"You look pale Yeonhee. You should take a day off" her colleague suggested.

 

After much contemplation, Yeonhee finally decides to take a half day off to go for a check-up. She's sure something isn't right with her own body.

So here she is, sitting in front of a doctor at Seoul Medical Centre, telling what is wrong with her, the pain, headache, shortness of breath, every single detail about her health.

The doctor asks a few questions and perform some routine exams on her. Then the doctor says "It is difficult to make an accurate prognosis straight away. There are many possibilities. I would like to do a blood test and run a CT scan on you. We'll know clearly what's wrong when I have the results. You can follow my intern, he'll draw your blood and accompany you to the radiology department" the doctor said and right after that, a guy in a white coat enters the room.

Yeonhee turns around and is surprised to see the intern the doctor meant. "Kim Nam Joon oppa??" 

 

 

Yeonhee

I can't believe we meet again. Kim Nam Joon is a long lost friend. He once lived in the same neighbourhood as me. He's the same age as Sehun but he attended different school. 

How do I know him? Well once upon a time there was a girl waiting for the bus at a bus stop and fell asleep. She unconsciously rest her head on a shoulder of a boy next to her. That girl caused the boy to miss his bus twice because the boy was just so nice he didn't want to wake the girl up. Yeah, that girl was me and that boy was Nam Joon. Since then, we started to be friends. A year after, he confessed to me one day. But I rejected him politely because I like someone else, Sehun obviously. I thought we would become awkward but Nam Joon is a gentleman. He took rejection calmly. He never avoided me, instead we became closer, as close friends. Not long after that, he  told me he will move to the States, his father was transferred there. That was when we started to lose contact.

"I can't believe it's you! Look at you, you become prettier" he said in excitement. 

"Heyy... you mean I'm ugly before?" I replied squinting.

"Of course not! So tell me about you. Fill me

Please log in to read the full chapter