thirty-four

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
34

 

 

 

Everybody is at the entrance except for Sehun who went to the washroom for a while.

"You okay?" Jongin asked Yeonhee.

She nods with a smile. Assuring them she is fine.

"If you feel unwell tell me okay" Seulgi said to her as well. 

"When Sehun said he has a better idea, I thought he meant hiking. I immediately think about your health. Thank god he meant Everland. Besides, I haven't been here for so long" Jongin said to Seulgi.

Seulgi then turns to Jongin immediately. "But I've never been here. Who did you come here with?" she asked.

Jongin gives her a mischievous grin. "Hmmm... I don't remember which ex I came here with" he said jokingly then laugh his heart out. He really likes to tease Seulgi.

Seulgi squints her eyes, giving Jongin a piercing look. Without saying anything, she pinches his arm as hard as she can.

"Ouch.. ouch.. okay okay. Kidding okay. I went here with my sister! Ouch stop it Seulgi!" he said pleading her to stop but there's still a light laugh in it. Those two always banter and have love quarrels but everyone knows they are madly in love with each other.

A moment later, Sehun joins them. They walk pass the entrance together with Jongin and Seulgi at the front. Since it is a weekend, the crowd is larger than usual. A crowded place usually turns Sehun's mood down but this time he is enjoying himself. He doesn't care about the crowd as long as he can see Yeonhee's smile. 

Everland is a big themepark. They took their time exploring each section but if there is any extreme ride, Yeonhee will refuse to join. She said she's afraid of heights where it is obviously an excuse. Jongin and Seulgi know that is a mere excuse but they played along.

Time pass by really fast, they don't even realize it is way past noon. Jongin and Seulgi are having their best time. They are practically glued to each other. They hold hands almost all the time. But it is the opposite for Yeonhee and Sehun. Yeonhee didn't even attempt to reach for his hand which kind of bothers him. 

"Let's have lunch here" Jongin said. Nobody objects so they head straight to Lotteria.

The guys queue up to buy food while the ladies wait for them at the table.

Few minutes later, the guys join them at the table with 4 sets of burgers. All of them take their own set and start eating.

While they are eating, Sehun notices there are a few pieces of dried leaves on Yeonhee's hair. Perhaps they ended there because of the strong wind. He gently removes the dried leaves. His action is so swift and subtle, and since Yeonhee is busy chatting with Seulgi she doesn't notice Sehun's gentle gesture. She isn't aware of it at all but Jongin and Seulgi of course see it. They smile to themselves but they pretend like nothing happened.

It's already noon but the temperature drops as forcasted. It's getting colder. Yeonhee starts to cough a bit and that caught Seulgi's attention. She whispers slowly at her, "It's okay to go home if you're not feeling well"

"I'm okay, don't worry. I'm having a blast today, a little bit cough is not a big deal" she replied, whispering as well.

Although she is concern about Yeonhee's health, she let it slide this time. She would just let Yeonhee enjoy the day but keep monitoring her closely.

"Do you wanna ride that?!" Sehun asked them pointing at the large wooden rollercoaster.

"The T-Express? Tried that once before. Seulgi, wanna ride?" Jongin turns to Seulgi.

"Urmmmm...". She's contemplating, got caught in betweeen. She wanted to try that but she knows Yeonhee couldn't due to her health condition. If they all go and ride that, Yeonhee will be left alone again. All extreme rides they rode before were without Yeonhee.

"If you guys wanna go ride, go. Don't mind me" Yeonhee said to those three. 

"You'll be left alone again" Seulgi replied.

Yeonhee chuckles. She's very grateful to have a nice friend like Seulgi. "It's fine... You know I'm afraid of heights. Hey.. don't make me feel bad. You guys go, I'll wait there" she said, pointing at a waffle station nearby.

Seulgi bites her lower lip. Contemplating for a second. "You sure?" she asked.

"Definitely. I'll wait at the waffle station okay" Yeonhee answered with a big smile.

 

The line to ride the rollercoaster is long. They have been queueing for half an hour. The closer they are approaching the gate, the more restless Sehun becomes. He couldn't focus on what Jongin and Seulgi are talking about. His mind is wondering whether Yeonhee is doing fine waiting for them alone.

"Guys... I think I should check on Yeonhee" he suddenly said. 

"But our turn is next. You sure?" Jongin asked.

"Have fun guys. Meet us there after the ride" Sehun replied in a haste then he immediately excuses himself.

Jongin and Seulgi watch his figure retreating. "He's falling hard isn't he?" Seulgi said.

Jongin smiles, still looking at the direction Sehun's figure retreating. "It's obvious. But he keeps on saying she's just a friend. I don't know why he's been keeping his true feelings even from me".

"He has to know about Yeonhee's condition. You're his best friend, you must tell him. This one I'm not siding with her. Keeping her condition a secret will do no good" Seulgi said.

"I've been trying. I gave hints here and there but I don't think he catched any. " Jongin replied with a sigh.

Seulgi looks at him with a serious face. "He has to know Kai. Before it's too late". Whenever she uses the name Kai, it means she's being serious. Very serious

 

 

Yeonhee is waiting at the table next to the waffle station. She's sitting there enjoying the winter breeze while sipping a latte. She looks around, observing other people's happy moments and she smiles to herself. 

She never thought she would have the chance to go to a themepark with Sehun. To her, going there with Sehun is already a miracle, even as a friend it is more than enough for her.

Then she sees Sehun approaching her from afar. Her smile becomes wider. 

"Are you done? Where are Jongin and Seulgi?" she asked. She cranes her neck left and right to search for the two.

"They are waiting for their turn. I feel like I'm third-wheeling the lovebirds. So...." he pulls the chair adjacent to hers and sit, "I'll wait with you here".

She looks at the huge rollercoaster, then she sm

Please log in to read the full chapter