nineteen

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
19

 

 

The sound of the alarm from her phone wakes Yeonhee up. She sits up and massages her throbbing temple. After a few seconds, everything that happened yesterday starts to register in her mind.

She lets out a heavy sigh. The sorrow she's feeling is too much. It's too much to the point that Yeonhee can't even shed a tear. She sits on her bed and throw an empty gaze outside her window. 'Why can't you see how I feel Sehun?' she thought to herself. 

It's still dark outside as it is still early. She then reaches her phone and video calls Mina who is far away in Paris. It has been a while since a video call session. 

After a few rings, Mina answers her call "Hey girl!! I miss you! How are you?"

"You just texted me few days ago Mina"

Mina laugh heartily "Texting is not the same as having your face full on my phone screen"

"So how are you?" asked Mina.

"Same old. Same old" 

"Is everything okay there?"

"Yes! Everything is fine" Yeonhee answered happily with her usual chirpy face.

However, she can't hide her pale face from Mina. "Hey, you look pale Yeonhee"

"It's nothing, I'm just tired"

"So.... how are you and Sehun?"

"Of all the question you could ask me. Ha ha ha. Well.... He still hates me, as usual. But..... his lawyer friend, Kim Jongin... I think we are friends now. Sort of. He's nice actually"

"Kim Jongin? That douche? Seriously? How come?"

Yeonhee laughs hearing Mina said the word 'douche'. "He 'was' a douche before, but that was because we were just not on good terms. Now we are fine. Well... he's apparently nice"

"Whoa girl! Spill the beans! What are you hiding from me? What happened? Did Sehun know about this?"

"It's a very long story Mina. I'll tell you some other time"

"Aww come on. That's no fun"

She really wants to tell Mina everything but it's not the right time. And to break the sad truth over the phone is too cruel to both of them. "I promise I'll tell you one day. But hey, I have news"

"What is it?"

"Hyebin is getting married"

"Your nemesis? Well good for you then! No more rival. This is good Yeonhee! This is a chance for you to win Sehun's heart. There's no more the-other girl" Mina exclaimed excitedly. She has always been so supportive of Yeonhee, though sometimes Yeonhee is being unreasonable.

"I don't think I have a chance with Sehun anymore. He promised her he'll get back to her because he expects our marriage wouldn't last. But now Hyebin is getting married. He must be really devastated"

"Hey hey hey. You love him right? So don't give up okay"

'No Mina, I can't do this anymore. I am letting go' she whispered in her heart.

Both of them are out of words for a few seconds. Then Yeonhee try to change the topic. "So enough of my sad life, now it's your turn!"

"What??" Mina answered pretending not to understand.

"Oh come on Mina! Last time we talked, you said someone caught your eye"

Mina laugh shyly "You remember I told you about my favourite cafe next to my apartment? Well.... I always bumped into this guy. He lives across the street"

"So.....? Wait, how do you know where he lives?"

There's a light laugh from Mina "He told me. He talked to me first. I didn't expect it at all. Apparently, he has been eying me too all this while"

"Is he Korean?"

"No, he's British"

"So... you are dating now?" Yeonhee asked.

"Sort of. Well, since I'm in France, gotta do the French way" Mina replied and they both laugh. Yeonhee is genuinely happy for Mina. At least, there's something happy going on in her life.

 

The long call with Mina somehow cheered her up. The best friend that she treasures so much is her only source of strength right now. However, she still couldn't tell Mina the truth. She doesn't know how to break the news. It's difficult to do it over the phone, almost impossible. She hopes she'll find the right moment to tell her soon.

Yeonhee then get up and go to the bathroom to get ready. That is when she feels the sharp pain again. Everyday the pain is getting stronger. She tried her best to deal with the pain lately, but this time she can't take it anymore. She reaches for her phone and quickly dials Nam Joon number. Looks like she needs to take an emergency leave today.

She originally planned to storm out of the house as quickly as she can because she wants to avoid Sehun at all cost. But her stomach is screaming to be filled. She's not the type that can skip breakfast, she'll get a massive headache. So like it or not, she needs to step her foot in the kitchen and grab anything she can, hoping Sehun has gone to work.

Unfortunately, her hope goes down the drain when she sees Sehun leaning at the counter top drinking his morning coffee.

Their eyes meet for a few seconds. Yeonhee forces a smile but Sehun maintain his cold demeanor. He actually regrets the things he said last night, but his ego outgrown his empathy towards Yeonhee. He admits he starts to care but he wants to stop that feeling. He is so sure Yeonhee should be out of his life even though he already moved on from Hyebin. Little did he know, he is making the worst decision in his life.

There's no greeting between them. Not even a simple 'Hi' and that disappoints Yeonhee very much. She's hoping Sehun to say something but nothing came out of his mouth.

With a heavy heart, she gets out of there and drives to the hospital.

As she arrives at the hospital lobby, Nam Joon quickly rushes to her side. He has been waiting for Yeonhee since he got the call.

"Can you wal

Please log in to read the full chapter