twenty-six

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
26

 

 

"How do you know I'm here? You aren't stalking me are you?". Yeonhee asked Namjoon.

"No.... Of course not" Namjoon denied with a light laugh. However, because Yeonhee gives him I-don't-believe-you look, he adds "I met a friend just now at a cafe down there, then I saw someone exactly like you crossing the road. It is really you apparently"

Yeonhee squints her eyes suspiciously at Namjoon, still doubting.

Her face expression makes Namjoon laugh. "Really, I'm not lying. You think I'm a freak stalker?"

Finally, Yeonhee let it slide. 

"So....... are you really okay?" he asked.

"For the hundredth time, I am fine"

Namjoon sighs and look at her worriedly. "Come to the hospital next week. Hmm?"

"I can't. Sehun is still on leave. I need to be by his side"

"Then why are you here?"

"Well... today is an exception, he needs to go to the office, some urgent matter came up, so I drove him here. I'm heading to the gallery, to kill some time while waiting for him"

"Tell him Yeonhee. He deserves to know"

Yeonhee keeps shut, she doesn't say anything. She is still sticking to her stubborn decision, hiding her condition from Sehun. 

Namjoon sigh heavily. No one can ever beat stubborn Yeonhee. "Promise me you'll come and see me if things get worse, okay?"

"Yes. Of course" Yeonhee replied with a smile. "Oppa.. Thank you for being so nice to me"

"Hey.... What are friends for?" Namjoon replied with a smile. For now, he still respects Yeonhee's decision. But he is starting to have second thoughts, it did cross his mind once or twice to just go and tell Sehun about Yeonhee's condition. Bur for now, he just lets Yeonhee has her way.

 

 

 

The exhibition hall is empty with less painting. And  Yeonhee's studio at the second floor has been relocated to the first floor, sharing the same space with the workshop area. Her visit to the gallery didn't really surprise her as she has expected what will happen to the gallery. She's not stupid and besides, she studied business so she knows really well how the corporate world functions. Ever since she heard about Jeahwa&Co's lawsuit, she already expected what will happen to the gallery. Every single property owned by JeaHwa&Co is in jeopardy. 

She has prepared for the worst. There will be a time when the gallery would have to lay off some staffs and impose salary reduction. That's why she sold her Aston Martin, to refinance her savings. Plus, her 3-months unpaid leave would ease the gallery's burden a bit. 

She sighs heavily and then heads directly to the director's office.

"Oh hi Yeonhee!! What are you doing here? I thought you are still on leave"

"I just happen to be around here. So I drop by"

The director, Mr Lee, sighs heavily. "You must be wondering what is happening right?" he said referring to the changes happened.

"Not so. I know Jeahwa&Co owned this building" Yeonhee calmly said.

There's no response at first. For a few seconds, it is totally quiet. Then Mr Lee says, "So you know the future of this gallery is uncertain. Our future is uncertain"

"The bank already put this building on lease?" Yeonhee asked.

"Yup. We need a new buyer who will retain this gallery as it is" Mr Lee replied sadly. 

"But that's not going to be easy. Even if there is a new buyer, they can shut this gallery down if they want so" Yeonhee said knowing perfectly what might happen. 

"I'm trying to buy some time dealing with the bank. For now, we have to let go the second floor" the director said. Yeonhee can catch a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Have you reached anyone?" Yeonhee asked. 

"Of course but no one is interested as of now. Knowing the owner of this building and following the Incheon incident, no one wants to get entangled in their mess. Look what happened to the HO Corp heir. Do you know about that?" he said to Yeonhee without knowing who is Yeonhee to the HO Corp heir. None of her colleague knew about her personal life. The thing about Yeonhee is, she is not a social butterfly person. She does have a social media account but she rarely puts any updates. Even if there's an update, it will all be about art. She kept her private life to herself. Plus, at work, she rarely talks about her life with others. And she always declined any invitations for a get-together with her colleagues. 

"What can I do to help?" she asked. She could ask Yunho oppa for help but it will put her brother in a tight spot. This makes her regrets her decision to stay away from her family company. If not, she could use everything in her power to help.

"There's nothing you can do Yeonhee. Just pray we'll be saved" Mr Lee muttered slowly but loud enough for Yeonhee to hear. 

 

 

 

 

It has been a few hours, finally Sehun can leave the office. It was so exhausting for him since he has to go through all the reports manually. 

He texts Yeonhee straight away. The whole time he's there in the office he keeps on thinking about Yeonhee. How is she doing? Is she bored? Is she safe? So many questions running through his mind. Little did he know he is actually starting to miss Yeonhee's presence, but of course he didn't realize that. 

"Did you wait too long? I'm really sorry I try to get everything done as fast as I can" he said as soon as he get in the car.

"No biggie. I don't even realize time went that fast" she replied.

"What did you do while waiting?" 

"Well.... I met Namjoon oppa on my way to the gallery. It's funny that he was around here as well today. He's the one who saw me first. Then I spend my time at the gallery until you texted me"

"Namjoon?"

"Yes. You remember him right?"

"Hmmm"

Suddenly he doesn't feel like he wants to talk at all. That name kills off his mood and excitement.

'Of all the people she could bump into, why must that guy? Or did she plan on meeting him? How many times I have to say we have a reputation to uphold?'

Unfortunately, Yeonhee couldn't detect Sehun's jealousy radiating.

"Do you have anywhere else you wanna go?" she asked.

"No"

"So we're going home?"

"Hmmm"

And then everything falls quiet. For Yeonhee it is not a strange thing, Sehun's cold treatment towards her all this while makes her feels a quiet atmosphere like this is normal. Nothing strange about that for her. But for Sehun, he becomes restless. He doesn't like this quiet and cold atmosphere. He wants to have a light conversation with Yeonhee but his ego and jealousy stop him from saying anything. In the end, none of them say anything until they reach home.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Yeonhee knocks on Sehun's door, "Breakfast is ready" she said to him.

He is standing next to his bed while typing something on his ipad. He still feels annoyed about yesterday. The name Namjoon really kills off his mood. He wants Yeonhee to know that he is annoyed but he doesn't want to tell her directly. 

"Hmmm" he replied lazily to Yeonhee to signal her that he's not in the mood.

"Do you want me to bring it here?" she asked.

"No"

"You want me to bring it to the study room?"

"No"

Now Yeonhee starts to notice Sehun is being cold. But why? Is everything okay with his work? She's completely clueless.

"Are you okay?" she asked slowly and carefully.

"Hmmm"

"Is something wrong?" she blurted out. 

Please log in to read the full chapter