twelve

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
12

 

Sehun

I was sleeping peacefully until the sound of the alarm woke me up. Gosh it's 7.30. Great, I have a meeting at 8.00. Looks like I have to skip breakfast.

This will be my last meeting before I return to Seoul. I should return as soon as I finish my business here but I would like to spend a day or two here before I go back. After all, Japan has a special place in my heart. 

Do I miss Seoul? Of course! It's my hometown. But right now I'm having a peaceful life. Just me and my life. No Yeonhee and no drama. 

However, I can't deny that sometimes I do think about her. It wasn't on purpose, I don't know why and how she appeared in my mind. Maybe what Mr Tanaka said before really affected me. Few nights ago, I had this weird dream. I dreamt that Yeonhee and I were planting a tree not far from a stream. Both of us were smiling but then she walked away from me heading to the stream. She crossed the stream to get to the other side. I called her name a few times, she turned to me and smile, then she disappeared. I woke up that night feeling strange. It was just a dream but it keeps haunting me till this moment.

 

The meeting went smoothly. Every issue arose since day one is finally solved. Surprisingly, the meeting took only a few hours. I thought I'll be spending my whole day in the meeting. 

Since I have the rest of the day all to myself but I don't have any plan what to do, I decide to just chill in the hotel room, have a plenty of rest. 

On my way to the hotel, I pass by a jewellery store. Should I buy something for Yeonhee? I bought an earring for mom yesterday but I didn't buy anything for Yeonhee. All my life, I never gave her any presents. Back when I was studying in London, everytime I came back home during summer holiday, I never brought her anything and I never gave her any souvenir or present. I bought tons for Hyebin but none for Yeonhee. Wait, why am I thinking about her?

While my mind is annoyingly thinking about her, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I take a peek at it. Oh a message from Jongin.

I thought he's going to ask me when I'll be back but he sent me a picture instead. A picture of him lying on the hospital bed with his both legs in a cast. What the hell happened? Is this a prank? 

I call him straight away. You better be alive Jongin.

 

 

Jongin

It has been two days since the last time I saw Yeonhee. She went home after she broke down in front of us, and then she never showed up. Seulgi and I are quite worried about her. I wonder how she is holding up? 

As for me, I'm feeling a lot better now. Though I still can't walk and move freely, all my surgical wounds are healing and there are no infections. Looks like I can't flex my abs on the beach anymore due to the huge surgical scar on my abdomen.  

Seulgi came this morning with a surprise. She bought me a new iphone since mine is not functioning well after the accident. The screen cracked really bad and it had gone haywire. I can accept calls but I can't make any calls, can't even send text too.

The first thing I did with my new phone was calling my parents. They are on a vacation with my sisters in Europe right now. Mom went hysterical when I told her about the accident. She insisted on hopping on the earliest flight back to Seoul. Since my surgery went well and all internal injuries are healing, I told them not to worry. I keep on assuring her I'm in good hands and finally she agreed to come back a day or two later. I don't wanna rush her home cutting down her precious time with her grandchildren.

Then I sent a picture of me lying on the hospital bed to Sehun. He must be surprised and crazily worried seeing my condition right now.

After a few minutes, my phone rings. See, told ya Sehun must be surprised.

I pick up his call and he immediately bombards me with questions straight away. I don't even get to say hello.

"What the hell Jongin. Why don't you tell me. Which hospital you're at right now? I'm coming home right now. God! You're really giving me a heart attack!"

"Relax dude, you don't have to rush home. Seoul Medical Centre is taking a really good care of me. Besides, Seulgi is here. Her presence is already healing" I replied with a little bit cheesiness. 

"Whatever. I'm booking the earliest flight possible". He ends the call abruptly. The best thing about Sehun is,  he's a selfless friend. He's always there for the people he loves, but it's a pity that he didn't treat Yeonhee the same way. 

I am starting to see Yeonhee in a different light. Not that I am saying she did nothing wrong before, nobody can deny that she has been an immature lady and annoyingly selfish, but there's actually a good side of her that I never knew. Her obsession to Sehun buries the good side of her, at least to me. It is so embarassing to think back how I treated her. I've been a jerk to her and yes, I'm not proud of it. 

"Sehun is coming back?" Seulgi asked. I answer with a nod.

"You didn't tell him about Yeonhee?" she asked again. Why is sh

Please log in to read the full chapter