eight

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
8

 

Sehun

A hot shower during a cold winter day is the epitome of tranquility for me. It feels like all my problems and worries got washed away while taking a shower.

The lawsuit is troublesome but it doesn't worry me because I'm sure they gonna lose. We hire one of the best law firm after all. What's stressful right now is the mega project with JG Corp, Yeonhee's family business. Even though I'm not in good terms with Yeonhee, I don't have a problem dealing with Yeonhee's brother, Yunho. Our professionalism should be applaud. But I wonder why Yunho never asked me about Yeonhee. It's either he doesn't meddle personal life with business or he simply doesn't care. He's not even close to Yeonhee after all, everybody knows that.

Appa puts me in charge of this mega project. He wants me to lead, he says I'm ready to learn more. And according to him, this is the perfect start for me to impress the BOD. Although the company is my family's, I can't simply inherit it without the BOD support. Since this is the first project under my care, I need to focus 100%. Everything needs to be weighed and judged carefully so we wouldn't exceed the budget allocated. Right when the project starts, which is very soon, I have to make frequent visits to Japan. For HO Construction, starting a huge project in Japan is not new because we have been involved in numerous projects in Japan. But for JG Corp, venturing their business of architecture and interior design in other places than Korea is new to them.

After a refreshing hot shower, my stomach growls. I don't usually have late dinner but lately I'm always hungry. Perhaps it's due to the stress.

As I open the door to go to the kitchen, my eyes land on the other bedroom's door, Yeonhee's door. After the incident at my office, she didn't come home. At first I thought she's locking herself in her room but then I realised she's actually not at home. 

Now this house seems so quiet. Not that I miss Yeonhee's presence but it just weird to be this quiet. I'm sitting on the bar stool in the kitchen thinking what can I eat. There's nothing left in the fridge and not even ramyun in the cupboard. Looks like I have to order my dinner online. If Yeonhee's here, she'll always make sure there's something left for me to eat. Everytime she cooks, she'll set aside a portion for me though she knows I'll never touch it. Yes, I never eat anything that she cooks. Never in this house. Wait, why am I thinking about her?

While waiting for my food to arrive, I hear the sound of my phone ringing. 'CHAIRMAN APPA' popped on the screen.

"Hello appa"

"Hello son. What are you doing?"

"Eating"

"This late? With Yeonhee?"

"Emmm no. She's in her room. I mean... the room.. our room". ! Please don't notice anything appa.

"You'll go to Japan tomorrow right?"

"Yup. Why? Is there any change of plans?"

"No. Just that your mother is bugging me to invite Yeonhee to stay with us while you're in Japan"

"It's okay appa. I'm sure she can manage. Plus she's quite busy right now" Oh god please forgive me for lying to my parents. Please dont send me to hell.

"Tell her she's welcome anytime if she needs company. Your mother tried to call her yesterday but it went straight to voicemail. Is she alright?"

"Maybe she didn't notice the call or she ran out of battery. Don't worry appa everything is fine". I'm definitely going straight to hell.

I quickly divert our conversation to something else. After a while, we end our conversation. Pheww, that was close.

My parents can never kn

Please log in to read the full chapter