twenty-five

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
25

 

 

 

Sehun heard the door slid opened and his nose could smell vanilla scent that instant. He knows straight away Yeonhee is there.

"Hi.... How are you today?" Yeonhee greets him with a smile. Her voice sounds weak and tired. Anyone can tell she's not in a good shape.

Sehun's heart churned hearing her tired voice but he acts like he doesn't care. The truth is, he doesn't know how to face Yeonhee after Hyebin told him the truth. It has been a week since that day and he has been avoiding looking Yeonhee staright in the eye. Knowing the truth makes him feel bad. Guilt is starting to eat him but his ego and pride is still high as ever. He ends up maintaining his cold demeanour towards Yeonhee.

As for Yeonhee, she can feel that Sehun is avoiding her. No matter how nice she treats him, he is still cold to her. It makes her really sad but she is somehow used to it. She acts fine when she's around Sehun, like any other day before, even though she's hurting inside. Sometimes she herself wonders if she has become emotionless. 

"I'm fine" Sehun replied in his deep voice. That tone from Sehun is like a sharp knife piercing Yeonhee's heart. But she let it slide like always. It sounded like Sehun is annoyed but actually he is not. He is confused and fighting with himself how to face Yeonhee right now. A part of him wanted to be nice, but another part of him doesn't think he should be. 

The atmosphere is starting to get awkward but luckily the doctor enters the room that instant with a huge smile. Clearly he's bringing good news with him.

"Good morning! Your latest scan is out Sehun-ssi. It's good news! I'm confident to let you go home today"

"God!! Finally" Sehun sighed in relief.

"Your ribs and tibia are a lot better based on the latest scan. But this doesn't mean you can do anything you want. You still need a lot of rest because your internal injuries are still healing. I'll keep the cast on your leg for one more week. But for your arm, that might take some time. Broken bones need more time to completely heal. You'll need a physiotherapy session at least once a week for two months. So all in all, I'm giving you three months medical leave, mandatory"

"Three months??" Sehun asked with his eyes widen. 

"You heard me" the doctor replied.

"That's too long" Sehun protested.

"Rest well Sehun-ssi" the doctor said and lightly tap Sehun's shoulder. He then turns to Yeonhee "And you too Yeonhee-ssi. You don't need to sleep at the lounge anymore. You too take a rest okay"

Yeonhee chuckles shyly. She thought no one noticed her sleeping at the lounge.

As soon as the doctor left, Sehun asks her "You sleep at the VIP lounge?"

Yeonhee replies with a smile.

"Why don't you sleep here? There's a couch here. Don't you think people will find it weird you slept at the lounge instead of here?" Sehun bombarded her with questions. It sounded like Sehun only cares about his reputation, but the truth is his heart is getting heavier with all the guilt. He really didn't know Yeonhee has been spending every single night at the hospital. He thought she went home.

"You hate it when I'm around you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable" Yeonhee replied slowly but loud enough for Sehun to hear. She then adds, "But don't worry about other people remarks, I told them it's too cold in the room I couldn't sleep. Well technichally I'm not lying. It's indeed freezing in here"

Sehun's serious and stern face makes Yeonhee restless. "I'll settle the paperworks, then we'll get you ready" she said trying to escape the situation.

Sehun lets out a heavy sigh as soon as Yeonhee left the room. He cursed himself for keeping his cold demeanour.

 

 

For a person with a small frame, it is not easy for Yeonhee to help Sehun to get in the car from the wheelchair. She uses all her strength to support Sehun's body. She puts Sehun's arm around her shoulder and her other arm wrapped tightly around Sehun's waist. She tried her very best to be gentle as possible so Sehun wouldn't feel pain anywhere.

As for Sehun, it has been so long since he hold her this close. The last time they were this close was during their dance session on their wedding day. That time Sehun was so pissed off. He didn't even smile the whole dance. But this time is different. His heart beats fast when Yeonhee tightly wraps her arm around his waist. 'She's so thin. I don't think she's this thin before' Sehun thought.

"You okay? You hurt anywhere?" Yeonhee asked after Sehun safely sit on the passenger seat.

"No.. I'm fine" 

Yeonhee sighed in relief. "Lets go home".

The whole ride is in silence. This would be the first time Sehun ride with Yeonhee as the driver, and also the first time Sehun ride in her car. As he expected, there must be a slight vanilla scent. He always finds the scent nice and calm, even better than rose and lavender, but he hated it before because it reminded him of how much trouble Yeonhee had brought in his life. But now it is the other way around. Vanilla scent would only remind him how cruel he has been to Yeonhee all this time.

As soon as they arrive, Yeonhee quickly rushes to his door. She once again uses all her strength helping Sehun move from the seat to the wheelchair.

"I send you up safely first, hmmm. Then I'll get all your stuff later" Yeonhee said.

Sehun is touched at how attentive and caring Yeonhee is to him. His guilt is getting heavier than before.  

'Please don't be this nice Yeonhee. You are making things more difficult' he thought to himself.

Yeonhee punch in the code to their house. It's dark at first but suddenly the lights are switched on, "Surprise!!!!" a few people shouted.

Sehun is indeed surprised. His parents, Jongin, and his secretary are there in his house.

"Congratulations on getting discharged finally" Jongin said to him.

"Yeonhee informed me as soon as the doctor discharged you. So I thought I little surprise would be nice for you honey" his mother said happily.

Everybody is busy asking Sehun how he is doing. Yeonhee smiles watching the scene before her eyes. It makes her heart at ease to witness how much love Sehun recieves from the people around him.

Yeonhee then walks heading to the door. She remembers Sehun's stuff are still in the car.

"Where are you going?" Jongin lightly taps her shoulder and asked.

"I'm going down to the car, Sehun's stuff are still in the car" she replied.

"Let me help you" Jongin said without hesitation.

"No, it's okay. I can manage" Yeonhee politely declined. 

"Don't be silly. Come on" Jongin said insisted. He puts his hand oh Yeonhee's shoulder ushering her to the door.

Little did they know Sehun noticed their little interaction and it pretty much triggered the jealousy in him. And of course, Sehun wouldn't admit that. He qui

Please log in to read the full chapter