thirty-five

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
35

 

 

 

"This is news! Like finally!" Sehun said to Jongin in excitement.

Jongin actually called Sehun this morning asking him for help to buy a ring for Seulgi. He finally decided to propose and Sehun is very happy for them. 

"Can you bring Yeonhee along? I need a lady advice too" Jongin requested as well.

Of course Sehun would bring her along. It's like an opportunity for him to ask her out indirectly. Though Jongin will be there too thirdwheeling, he wouldn't mind as long as he get to spend his weekend with Yeonhee.

Like last weekend, they went to Everland. It was a wonderful weekend for him even though it was not just the two of them. Jongin and Seulgi were there as well but it didn't matter to him. 

They are walking heading to one of the most famous jewellery shops here in Seoul.

"What do you think a lady likes the most for a proposal? A ring? A necklace? Earrings?" Jongin asked Yeonhee. He is very excited, Yeonhee can see that.

"Hmmm..." she walks while tapping her chin with her forefinger.

Sehun observes her silently, he is admiring her side profile. 'She looks really cute thinking hard like that' he thought.

"How about all?" she answered with a mischievous grin.

"Wow.. Yeonhee, I never knew you have that greed in you" Jongin playfully replied. Then they both laugh. Sehun couldn't help but smile looking at how happy Yeonhee is. He is madly in love with her right now, there's no doubt. Hyebin no longer has his heart.

But the problem is, he still doesn't have the courage to confess. Not because he is a coward but because he knows he had wronged her in so many ways, how bad he was being a jerk to her for so long.

"A ring is the most classic way and it never gets old. A necklace and earrings are good too, but some might find them odd" she said to Jongin as they enter the shop.

"So... a ring it is" Jongin decided.

As they step in the shop, Yeonhee looks around and there's this genuine happiness shown in her eyes. Then she walks to a corner where a beautiful necklace is being displayed in a glass. She throws a lovely smile admiring the jewellery. 

Sehun walks closer to her. "You like it?" he asked. She turns her head at him, looking at him with a smile. "It's very pretty" she answered. Evertime Sehun gets to see her smiling, his heart beats faster. He then takes a quick glance at her hand. Still no ring. She used to wear their wedding ring proudly but now not anymore. Sehun can't tell the exact time when she stopped wearing it. That's quite bothering him. Then he looks at his very own hand. He admits that he never wore their wedding ring. He took it off the very day they got married and he tossed it in a box full of his junks. For so long he never bothered himself to look for it but not until recently. He searched for it but too bad he couldn't find it. 

Suddenly Jongin's voice is heard not far from them. "Yeonhee! Come here". He called for her excitedly.

"Which is the most prettiest?" he asked as soon as Yeonhee stands next to him. They are looking at all the rings displayed in a glass.

"How about I pick five rings, then you decide the one you like the most. You have to pick it yourself. This ring is about you and Seulgi" she said.

"Alright!" he exclaimed.

A minute later, a staff approaches them. Sehun is standing a few feet away from them letting them having their time. He never thought he would finally fall for the wife he really hated once upon a time and to see her getting along well with his bestfriend is heartwarming.

"How can I help you sir? Are you looking something for your girlfriend?" the staff asked politely but she just pointed out Yeonhee as Jongin's girlfriend. 

Sehun immediately stands next to Yeonhee and proudly says, "She is my wife. We are helping our friend here.. " pointing to Jongin, ".. looking for a ring to propose to his girlfriend". 

"Owh.. forgive me, my mistake" the staff apologized. It kinda kill off Sehun's mood but seeing how excited and happy Yeonhee is, he just let it slide this time.

 

 

After about an hour, Jongin finally decides which one he would buy. Sehun and Jongin has been friends since their highschool days but this is the first time he witnessed Jongin shop for an hour just for a single thing.

But then he realized he didn't shop for his proposal ring back then. Heck he didn't even propose! What more about his wedding ring? He didn't shop for his wedding ring as well. His mother settled everything.

"Thank you both of you. I owe you big time Yeonhee" Jongin said.

"No biggie. I'm happy to help" she replied with a smile.

Seeing how happy she is helping a friend planning a proposal makes Sehun wonder what is she feeling inside? He keeps on wondering does Yeonhee feels sad thinking that she never experience her own proposal? He keeps on asking himself over and over again, how in the world he could be that mean to her?

"I hope she'll say yes to this" Jongin said.

"Ooohh she better be. You never shop this long just for a single thing" Sehun retorted. 

Jongin laughs. "You know how much I love her. I would do anything for her".

Right after buying the ring, they go to a nearby restaurant for lunch. As promised, lunch is on Jongin. 

The waiter ushers them to a four-seater table. Sehun pick up his pace so he could reach the table first. There's this one thing he has been wanting to do: pull out the chair for Yeonhee to sit. It sounds funny to other people but he finds it sweet for a guy to show that gesture to his partner. Besides, he always did that for Hyebin back then but he never got the chance to do it for Yeonhee. She always beats him to it. Every little thing that he wanted to do for her, she would do it before he could. Like everytime he wanted to open the car door for her, she would beat him to it. 

"I would like to order a wine for celebration but since Yeonhee isn't allowed to drink, so fruit juice it is" Jongin said as they are going through the menu.

"You guys can drink. Don't mind me" she said.

"It's still early anyway" he replied.

"So.... how do you plan to propose? Over a dinner?" Sehun asked Jongin. 

"I don't know yet. She's too busy right now" Jongin replied.

"We can help you, if you want. You know... women love surprises" Yeonhee said excitedly. 

The moment she said that, Sehun turns to look at her. Her side profile is now his most favourite part of her. He can tell that she is genuinely happy talking to Jongin. And it breaks his heart seeing how happy she is over someone else's proposal.

'I'm sorry Yeonhee....' Sehun silently said.

While they are eating and talking about stuff, her phone suddenly rings. She looks at the screen and picks up the call immediately.

"Hello. Oppa, what's up?"

Hearing the word 'oppa' automatically makes Sehun uneasy. 'Is it that doctor friend?' he wonders.

"Yes..." she said to the caller then she looks at Sehun, "I'm with him now, we are having lunch together with his friend".

"Who is that?" Sehun mouthed to her in a whisper. "Yunho oppa" she mouthed back also in a whisper.

Pheww... He thought it is her doctor friend.

"Dinner? Tonight?" she asked through the phone, "I ask him first okay" she said then turns her head to Sehun. "Are you free tonight? Yunho oppa invite is over for a dinner" she asked.

"Sure. Of course" Sehun said with a smile and she smiles back at him before she returns back her attention to the call. That smile really flutters his heart and makes him feeling giddy inside.

"Okay oppa. See you tonight" she said and ends the call.

"Yunho hyung want to meet us? Is everything okay?" Sehun asked. 

She nods, "I asked just now he said everything is fine but he sounded so urgent like there's something important to talk about". There's a hint of worry on her face.

"Maybe about the company?" Jongin guessed.

"I don't know... Maybe..."

"Hey... cheer up. I'm sure everything is just fine" Sehun said and his hands automatically give a gentle pat on her small back. Plus a thumb rub too, which he unconsciously did. But Yeonhee didn't notice that.

Jongin throws me a meaningful look at Sehun with his eyebrows raised. He knows what Jongin meant but he ignores him.

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked her immediately after they got out of the car.

The whole ride from their house to Yunho's house has been somewhat uneasy for her. She looks uncomfortable with a tired face.

She didn't say much through out the whole ride because first, she was too preoccupied thinking what Yunho wants to talk about, and second, the pain is bothering her again. The chest pain is getting stronger and she's not stupid. She knows she is not getting any better. She was all good during the day helping Jongin's

Please log in to read the full chapter