twenty-four

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
24

 

 

 

6 years ago.....

 

Usually during summer, Sehun's parents would fly to London to visit him and spend the whole summer there. However, that year Sehun decided to fly back to Seoul instead of his parents going there. He has one and a half year left for studies so he decided to start familiarizing himself with the Oh's family business. His summer holiday in Korea simply means a short intro into the business world where he'll spend most of his time at the company. Another main reason why he wanted to come back that summer was because of Hyebin. Hyebin's birthday is in summer. Ever since Sehun started his studies in London, they never got to spend their time together on Hyebin's birthday.

"Oppa!!!" Yeonhee greeted Sehun cheerfully as he arrived home after his morning jog with Jongin. However, Sehun didn't show the same vibe as Yeonhee. He and Jongin ignored that girl as usual.

His return to Korea delighted everybody especially Yeonhee, however the feeling is not the same for Sehun. He was not thrilled at all upon seeing her face.

"What are you doing here early in the morning?" he asked with a displeasing tone.

"To see you of course!" Yeonhee kept on with her cheerful tone. 

"Whatever..." Sehun mumbled leaving Yeonhee standing there alone at the entrance. 

Sehun's parents love Yeonhee like their own daughter. That girl practically grew up before their eyes. She is always welcomed to the Oh's residence anytime. 

When they were kids, Sehun and Yeonhee were best friends, inseparable like Sehun and Jongin right now. But as Sehun grew older, as he entered high school, he started to feel annoyed with Yeonhee's presence because that girl was very clingy. He felt like he can't have his freedom as a boy. His attitude towards Yeonhee started to change bit by bit.

However, unlike Sehun, Yeonhee feelings towards him started to blossom. No matter how awful Sehun's attitude towards her, she never think ill of that guy. From a childhood friend that she depended on so much, it turned to a friend she adored. Then she started to develop a crush on him. And from a mere crush, it started to develop into love. 

 

"Hey, what do you think?" Sehun asked Jongin as he showed him a beautiful ring in a box. They were both chilling at the terrace of the house.

"Whoaaa, you're going to propose?" Jongin asked surprised. 

"No.... Too early for that. Just a reminder to her that she's mine" Sehun said proudly.

"Does your mother know?"

"I'll tell her soon. I'll tell her me and Hyebin are serious"

"How about Yeonhee? You know your parents always say how they wish Yeonhee will be their daughter"

"Well.... I have the final say. It's my life after all. Yeonhee is not my concern"

Jongin shrugged his shoulders and said, "If you say so. I prefer Hyebin too anyway. Good for you man!"

Little did they know, Yeonhee overheard their conversation. She was hiding behind the wall where they couldn't see her. Upon hearing that, her heart sank. She felt dejected, and broken. Her cheerful vibe totally disappeared. She's always optimistic that Sehun will come to her one day, she convinced herself that Sehun was merely exploring love and nothing could ever beat the bond they have.

'He can't be serious right? Hyebin is just another fling, I'm sure of it. I've known him longer than anyone of his friends. He would end up picking me right? He should!' Yeonhee convinced herself, having a mental battle in her mind.

'No! I won't let this happen. Hyebin and I need to talk. She needs to back off!!'

Yeonhee has been living in that denial state for years. It was immature and childish. She cannot accept the fact that Sehun never see her the same way she did.

She wanted to get out from the house after she overheard the conversation. As she walked to the door, she saw Sehun's phone on the console table vibrating. Sehun wasn't anywhere near his phone. She took a peek and saw Hyebin's name on the screen. That moment, jealousy clouded her judgement, she grabbed the phone and stuffed it into her bag. She herself didn't know why she did it.

Along her journey home from the Oh's residence, Sehun's phone kept on vibrating again. A lot of messages came in and they were all from Hyebin. Yeonhee unlocked the phone and read them all. Of course she knew the password, Sehun's password was none other than Hyebin's birthdate. 

'Can you come here honey? My parents are in Beijing. I need your help'

'Sehunnieeee....'

'Why you didin't reply?'

'Sehunnieeeee'

'Are you busy?'

'Ok I'll wait for your reply'

 

Those were among the messages sent by Hyebin.

The moment Yeonhee read that Hyebin's parents were in Beijing, her mind went crazy with wild imaginations. Everybody knows a guy and a lady would probably end up sleeping together when they are alone, especially when they are so much in love. So Yeonhee thought that if Sehun came, he'll probably end up sleeping with Hyebin and of course she would never let that happen. For that, she thought she was doing the right thing, keeping Sehun away from Hyebin.

 

Her feet brought her to Hyebin's place. Yes, she knew where Hyebin lived as well.

"What are you doing here?" Hyebin asked as soon as she opened the door. "Where is Sehun?"

"Hyebin-ssi, we need to talk" Yeonhee said without answering her question and entered the house uninvitedly.

"Get out of my house" Hyebin said firmly.

Hyebin grabbed her phone on the table, then immediately called Sehun. To her surprise, she could hear a ringtone coming out from Yeonhee's bag. 

"Why is Sehun's phone with you? Did you steal his phone?!"

Yeonhee didn't say anything, she was caught red handed. However, her anger slowly faded because she noticed Hyebin looked very pale. 

"Are you sick?" Yeonhee asked.

Hyebin threw a light cough instead of answering the question. She was clearly sick and Yeonhee can tell she wasn't faking it. She started to feel guilty but she's afraid of telling Sehun what she has done, Sehun will hate her even more.

"Did you go to the clinic?" she asked.

"No... I can't drive right now" Hyebin replied weakly. Clearly she didn't have the strength to entertain Yeonhee's childish and immature act. Yeonhee then started to feel bad for her.

Please log in to read the full chapter