six

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
6

 

Yeonhee

The weather is good today with a bright blue sky and refreshing winter breeze, but my life today is the opposite of the good weather. 'How can this happen to me?'. That's the question that has been running through my mind since the appointment.

 

"I have both bad news and good news. The bad news is, I already get a clear picture what cause the stomach pain, heartburn and other symptoms" Doctor Song said and reached for the CT scan film, she then showed it to me. "You see here is your heart and here is your liver. See this large circle mass? It's a tumor. I would like to run some more tests. The size concerns me as it begins to attach to other organs' wall"  

A tumor? It's ridiculous. There must be a mistake.

 

"But the good news is, it's still not too late. It is curable, for now. It's a good thing you come and check early. Otherwise this may lead to another problem and then another bigger problem"

 

The good news doesn't sound like good news at all. What if it's cancerous? What if the meds don't work on me? Talking about meds, I was only given a bunch of pain killer. What if it spread? It can spread right? 

I stop by at a coffee shop to clear my mind. What should I do? I should tell someone right? Maybe I'll feel less hopeless if I tell someone. After all I really need moral support right now. I don't think I can keep this to myself, I'll go insane if I do so.

But the problem is to whom should I go to? Mina? She's having her own issue, I don't wanna bother her. But she's the best friend. Yunho oppa? Though he's my brother, we are not close. Besides, he has his own family to think of. Sehun? I don't think it's a good idea, but he's my husband. A husband should now about his wife's health right?

 

After deliberating for an hour, and after five cups of cappucino, here I am standing in front of a tall building in the heart of Seoul.

Am I doing the right thing? Yes, you are doing the right thing.

This is the first time I'm going to step my foot at Sehun's office since we got married. I came here once with his mother before we got married, but then he gave me a serious warning not to come anymore.

The journey from the building entrance to his office is dreadful. I don't have a plan how to tell him. How should I start the conversation? He must be surprised I'm here. He won't be mad right? What will be his reaction? Oh god please I'm begging you for help. 

Usually, any visitor must pass his secretary before meeting him but his secretary is nowhere to be seen. Her desk is empty. Maybe I can just barge in. After all I'm his wife, not a stranger. 

As I'm about to enter his office, I hear another voice inside. Sounds like Jongin's. Since the door was left ajar, I enter his office without a knock. Sehun probably doesn't notice me as he is not facing the door. But Jongin is facing the door instead, so he knows I'm here. But why he acts like I'm invisible?

"Don't you wanna give her a chance?" Jongin said while stealing a glance at me. Give who a chance? Are they talking about me?

"What kind of questions is that? You know I will never love her even if she's the last person on earth. My heart is never for her" Sehun said confidently. Is he talking about me? Or is it another woman? 

"So why marry her in the first place? You should never agree to this. Don't say I didn't warn you" Jongin said. 

Okay... They are definitely talking about me. But why Jongin pretends like I can't hear anything? He knows I'm here. I'm not invisible and definitely not a ghost. Still very much alive. Is he trying to provoke Sehun? Or perhaps provoking me?

Sehun scoffs and let out a bitter laugh. "If it's not because of my father forcing me into this, my mother pleading me to agree, and if it's not because of her dead father, I will never agree to this. NEVER. This is the most regretted decision I've ever made in my life"

I stand there petrified and at loss of words. I feel like my world is crumbling down hearing he said that. It stabs deeply in my heart. I know my love is one sided but to hear with my own ears he said it out aloud to his friend, it really hurts. 

I look at Jongin and then at Sehun's back. Se

Please log in to read the full chapter