twenty-one

Letting You Go
Please log in to read the full chapter
21

 

 

Sehun is burning with jealousy. Namjoon presence really annoys him. He is clenching his fist without realizing. Because Yeonhee has a small frame and Namjoon is a tall and muscular guy, his hug looks so protective around her. Even though Yeonhee has to tip toe returning the hug, she seems very comfortable with Namjoon. And that adds more to Sehun's jealousy.

Yeonhee notices the dark aura radiating from Sehun. But too bad that Sehun being jealous never crossed her mind. All she could think of is Sehun and his reputation. She lets go of the hug and formally introduce them.

"Lets introduce you two formally. Kim Namjoon, meet Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun, meet Kim Namjoon"

Namjoon offers a handshake first, "Kim Namjoon" he said. Sehun returns the gesture nevertheless. But both of them are staring at each other with daggers in the eyes. 

The fact that Yeonhee didn't tell Namjoon that he is her husband somehow bothers him.

"Oh Sehun, Yeonhee's husband" Sehun said before letting go the handshake, stressing on the word 'husband'.

Jongin and Seulgi too can feel the tension going on there. To lighten up the atmosphere, Seulgi offers them a drink. She takes two glasses of wine from the tray not far from her.

"Enough with the intro. Let's drink" she said then she hands one of the glasses to Yeonhee.

"No!!" both Sehun and Namjoon said in unison causing Yeonhee to jerk in surprise.

Sehun forbade it because of Yeonhee's low tolerance of alcohol while Namjoon forbade it because of Yeonhee's health condition. Yeonhee is caught in between. She looks at Sehun and Namjoon alternately.

"Whoa.. slow down you guys" Seulgi said totally didn't expect the reaction from both men.

Jongin who is the most sensible at that moment interferes to avoid any unwanted conflict. He takes the glass instead.

"This lady has low tolerance of alcohol. Few sips than bangg, she'll pass out" Jongin said right after he finished the drink in a single gulp.

"Really? There's soft drink as well. Wait here, I'll get a glass for you" Seulgi said.

"No. it's....." Yeonhee couldn't finish her sentence as Seulgi already left to get something else for her in a split second.

The tension is still there between Namjoon and Sehun. Sehun subconsciously moves near to Yeonhee. He's acting like he's protecting Yeonhee from a big monster. Funny thing is, Sehun doesn't realize what he is doing. However, his jealousy is so obvious to Namjoon and Jongin, but not to Yeonhee. She doesn't see it that way unfortunately. To her, Sehun is all about reputation.

Not long after, Seulgi returns with a soft drink for Yeonhee. Seulgi can sense the tension is still there. Plus, Jongin is giving her a signal using his eyes to take Namjoon somewhere else. 

"Come on Joonie. Let me bring you to Melinda and Sunhee. Tae Hwan is here as well. You haven't met them for years right?" Seulgi said to Namjoon and then she brings him to meet their other friends.

 

"Why everybody seems to know that guy except me?" Sehun whined slowly but loud enough for Jongin to hear it.

"He's my girlfriend's close friend, of course I know. And just so you know, he's a good guy"

Few minutes later, Seulgi returns but this time without Namjoon. 

"Where's Namjoon oppa?" Yeonhee asked. Sehun rolls his eyes without anyone noticing. He feels so annoyed when he heard the word 'oppa'.

"Oh he's busy catching up with our friends. He hasn't met them for years" Seulgi replied.

Yeonhee smiles as a reply. Since she's not a social person, she just keeps shut after that. 

"Dude, I heard JeaHwa&Co is losing every project. All goverment subsidised project will be entrusted to other reputable companies. I'm sure HO Construction will get a few. Aren't you excited?" Jongin asked Sehun. Out of all the topic they could talk in a party, they end up talking about work.

"Yeah, totally excited to get new projects but not happy at all with the they left us to clean for"

"They are crumbling down slowly. The lawsuits, penalty, pending charges, and so many other problems. They're going to lose all their buldings too" Jongin added more. This time, it sparked Yeonhee's interest. She knows JeaHwa&Co because they owned the building where she's working at. In a simple word, the gallery she's working at is JeaHwa&Co's property. 

'If they lost the building, then what will happen to the gallery?' Yeonhee thought.

"Don't you have other things to talk about other than work?" Seulgi interrupted while shaking her head lightly.

"It's our life darling" Jongin said to Seulgi followed with a wink. 

Seulgi rolls her eyes. "Hey this weekend is Sehun's birthday! Let's have dinner together!" she said excitedly.

"Great! You as the birthday boy Sehun, you pick a restaurant. I'll make the reservation. It's my treat" Jongin added. 

"Book whatever place you want, I don't mind" Sehun said.

"So it's a double date! You'll be there too right Yeonhee-ssi?" Seulgi asked.

"Erm.. of course" Yeonhee answered with a smile but sounded a bit hesitant. She thought that maybe she could rest that day because she's scheduled for a surgery the next day. But if she decline, Seulgi may ask so many questions and she doesn't want her secrets to blow up. She wouldn't let anyone know what she's dealing with. She even has planned all the lies she will tell everyone to make sure no one knows about her surgery.

The night goes on eventfully. Yeonhee who at first was quite shy around Seulgi has now become comfortable and cheerful. They are on their own world talking about everything ladies. Yeonhee slowly loosen up and starting to enjoy the night. She hasn't felt this happy for quite some time. Plus, Seulgi is giving Mina's vibes so it makes her cosy and at ease.

Everything seems well for Yeonhee but not for Sehun. On the outside, he seems fine talking with Jongin but on the inside, he's restless, annoyed with the presence of the other guy who seems to be very close with his wife. He is stealing glances at Yeonhee numerous times just to make sure she's near him and not Namjoon. Too bad Sehun himself doesn't notice his own jealousy. Too bad...

 

 

 

 

Yeonhee

Every year, I would give Sehun a birthday present. Even though I know he would toss it away, I still give him a present, every single year.

However, this year, I'm not as enthusiastic as before. At first, I had no idea what to give him this year but after weeks of thinking, I decided to give him a piece of my artwork. This one is special because I paint it with all my heart and I pour all my love to it. 

The painting I made for him is safely wrapped with a high-quality wrapping paper. I even sprayed rose scent onto it since he likes rose scent so much. Why does he likes rose so much? Because that is Hyebin's favourite scent. And what scent he dislikes the most? Of course my favourite scent, vanilla.

And how did I know? Well there was this one time I overheard him and Jongin talking about their favourite ice cream flavour and he said "I hate vanilla. It reminds me of Yeonhee". It hurt so much the moment I heard him said that but because I love him so much I just let it slide. 

 

I take a deep breath and I look myself in the mirror. Thanks to whoever invented make-up, I don't look like a zombie and people could hardly tell I'm sick. Am I excited to go to this double date thingy? Of course! Who knows maybe this could be my last dinner with him. Even though there will be four of us, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna enjoy the night nevertheless.

I put on a peach satin blouse and a black skinny pants. I curl the end of my hair and put on a hairband. This style somehow makes me look younger, well that's what I think. There's a tiny hope in my heart that Sehun will like my appearance but who am I kidding, he never cares. 

I walk to the living room holding his present and see him already waiting for me. I don't get men in general, how can they get ready in a blink of an eye? I need at least 20 minutes to do so.

I approach him and hand him the present. "Happy birthday! I don't know what to give you this time. It's nothing much. I hope you'll like it"

"Put it on the table" he said without looking at me. He's busy reading something on the phone. I feel a little bit sad with his nonchalant response. 

'Maybe this is the last gift you'll ever receive from me. Come on, give me a little response' I whispered silently in my heart. 

Suddenly the doorbell rings. "Do you expect anyone?" I asked Sehun.

He walks to the door and takes a peek at the peephole. Then he looks at me with an unfathomable expression. "Who is it?" I asked.

He opens the door and says "Your brother Yeonhee". And there is Yunho oppa standing right in front of me.

I've been avoiding his calls and texts since that day. I'm not mad at him, I'm just disappointed. Plus, I don't know what else to say to him anymore. 

"Yeonhee-ya... lets talk" he said to me pleading. I just stand still not uttering a single word.

"You guys can use the study room. I'll just wait here" Sehun said and shows him the study room. I am left with no choice there but to enter the room as well. 

"Take your time. Don't need to rush" he said and close the door immediately. Sehun can be mean to me but he always shows good manners to my family. 

The minute he closes the door, I say to my brother "If you are apologizing then forget it oppa. I've forgave you already. Lets just live our own lives"

We are standing a few feets apart. He takes a step forward but I take a step backward. "Yeonhee-ya.. I know I did wrong, I wasn't being fair, and I know.... I am not a good brother to you"

"Why oppa? Why you hate me so much? I always look up to you. I'm always pro

Please log in to read the full chapter