SEOUL

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Professors made their way out of their conference room. Learning that the subjects are displaying the same avoidant behavior towards them. It’s been four nights when Taehyung made a lot of reasons not to sleep with Joohyun and she hated it but she don’t want to look like a desperate woman begging for affection.

As they paved the hallway to the hexahome, they found Captain Somi and a bunch of Professors exchanging some conversation. “Good morning Professors, the aircraft is already ready for our departure.” Somi informed them and the other Junior Professors bowed at them.

“Departure?” Joohyun asked.

The Junior Professors exchanged questioned looks why did Joohyun asked them as if she’s not aware that she’s the one who scheduled it. “Doctor Bae, you scheduled a ground observation at the remote island that Professor Choi Minho discovered around South east asian pacific.” Taeyong reminded her.

“Oh.” She pretended that she didn’t forget. “Of course, we’re all set. Actually we’re inside the conference room to talk about it.” Joohyun lied.

“We did?” Seulgi asked her.

“Yes. We did.” Wendy said as she displayed a fake smile. “In fact we can’t help but to be excited.”

“Please lead the way Doctor Bae.” Somi asked.

Joohyun smiled confidently and place the pad of her finger on her ear to give private voice command on Areum. “Areum prepare the Lead Professor’s uniforms at the aircraft.”

As soon as their feet stepped in the aircraft, Joohyun declared a private conference meeting with the Lead Professors and they were granted access at the secured room.

Wendy having her eyes glued on her laptop checking what are the information provided at the said remote island. “This is a bad news. I am sure there will be no signal nor servers that will help us to communicate at the island.” She worriedly informed the Professors.

“What shall we do? We haven’t informed the Subjects.” Yeri asked worriedly as well. “We didn’t even have the chance to said good bye.”

 “Alright then, based on your findings…” Joohyun made deep breath. “What will be your suggestions for the Subjects’ future stay in the island?” Joohyun asked.

“Well frankly speaking I still need Jimin to participate with my invention so I suggest they stay.” Seulgi suggested.

“In that case we should recommend them to a therapist or something? So they could learn to adapt in our planet well.” Joohyun said.

The Professors looked at her and wondered if they heard her correctly. “are you telling me that we’re offering them a treatment?” Wendy asked.

“Yes, but this time no documentation processes and no tests.” Joohyun said. “Just plain treatment for them to be able to live here comfortably.”

Wendy left a message to Yoongi who is currently recharging about their project in a certain island and since all of them agreed that the subjects will stay, they decided to provide a necessary intervention for their ‘stay for good’ in earth.

“I will be recommending the subjects to Doctor Jennie Kim’s team for their treatment.” Joohyun said. “She’s an Occupational therapist with a great expertise with human living and she’s good in developing goals that will target their quality of life.”

“If that’s the case, we should make some fake personal information for them.” Joy suggested. “Fake IDs, fake passports, birth certificates etc.”

“Having the worldwide access to servers that won’t be difficult.” Wendy said who’s already editing a sample of the subject’s documents.

On the other hand, Yoongi became fully charged and he woke up from his sleep state. Turning on his programs he received the message that Wendy sent.

[Subjects, we’re on a discovery project in a remote island where any form of communication might be impossible since its location hasn’t been specified to the world map.

We’re ordering you to refrain any use of special abilities in your stay at the building. All of you will be undergoing in a special treatment for you to fully understand the life meaning in earth.

We’re hoping for your full participation in here. We’ll be back in a week so please behave.

Professors from the headquarters.]

“What kind of treatment would that be?” Jin frowned as he sips a 300ml blood in his tumbler.

“Good morning everyone.” A girl wearing a white coat together with the other three girls entered the hexahomes. With the way they dress and the way she speaks all of them are certain that the she’s a Professor as well. “I am Doctor Jennie Kim and together with my team, we will be providing your treatment for you to achieve the maximum quality of your lives.”

“Is this already the treatment?” Jungkook asked.

“Well, we’ll start with the assessment first and we’ll proceed on the treatment.” Jisoo said.

--

An hour before Jennie’s team entered the hexahomes, she made a hologram call with Joohyun who’s currently on her way in a remote island.

“Ground inspectors you say?” Jennie asked her again.

The Velvet Industries’ ground inspectors are people whose personal information is confidential. Their primary job is to travel around the world to report improvement or problems in a certain area that The Velvet Industries should address.

“Yes, they were with us during the incident that happened in North Korea and after such violent commotions they end up being like that.” Joohyun said.

“Can’t you specify any mode of injuries or..”

“I already told you.” Joohyun said with a deep sigh. “They’re unconscious at the aircrafts’s left deck when we found them. “So far the only information that I can give you is what I’ve sent you.”

“alright we will do the best we can.” Jennie said. “Have safe trip Doctor Bae.”

--

After a week of the Subject’s treatment and the Professor’s project in the remote island, the aircraft finally landed on the Lead quarter’s helipad and the Professors were invited by Jennie in their conference room.

The Professors couldn’t be more excited and nervous at the same time to found out what happened to the course of their treatment.

“Good morning Professors. It’s nice to have you back.” Jennie smiled brightly at them. Good thing her confidence didn’t make the Professors feel nervous at all.

“So how did the treatment went?” Joy asked abruptly.

“The treatment went according to my team’s expectation. We started with the assessment and found out that each ground inspectors has their different issues and difficulties.” Jennie said.

“Let’s start with Mr. Jungkook, we were informed that directly by him that he was born without a vision. Which we wondered why he became a ground inspector.”

The Professors exchanged looks as they shared nervousness. “Well…” Yeri was about to reason out.

“and we found out that he has a very good detailed sensation which could possibly the reason why he became fit for the certain job.” Jennie interrupted Yeri. “We assumed that he has synesthesia, it is a certain neurologic activity where in a certain sensation was triggered will be facilitate by others.”

“Could you please go on detail?” Yeri requested as she narrowed her eyes in interest of Jennie’s findings.

“Basically he is blind. According to the tests that we’ve done he really can’t see unless he touched something.” Jennie said. “There might be some unfamiliar stuffs like pen, lamp, etc that he doesn’t know about but he can certainly describe it as soon as he touched it. One thing is his ability to filter sounds. He can basically play a simple pattern of music in piano which he never learned. He also can filter out taste by just smelling and I believe this was all facilitated by his brain because of his visual impairment.”

Sliding the next screen is Jin. “More than he refused to have his vital signs checked, he displays a certain condition known as dysgeusia and it could be the reason why he is a picky eater. He dislikes cooked and leafy dish and he displayed a good eating pattern when offered raw food specially with red meat. He also displays a cold and firm attitude towards us making it difficult for us to make further examination on him. His pale skin seemed to make him look like a dead person.” Jennie giggles to her joke while the Professor forced a laugh with her hoping she didn’t suspect of anything. “And he also refused any outdoor activities which may be difficult for him to go back to his work since the primary demand of his job is outdoors.”

“The next one is Mr. Yoongi, he reported to us that he was born without arm and leg that’s why he is wearing a prosthetic limb.” She said. “If I have to be honest, his design of prosthesis and the materials are way too excellent, for the past years that I am attending talks and seminars I haven’t seen anything like that.” Jennie expressed how impressed she was. “he doesn’t display any desire to consume food, which I could say the reason why he has a slim and thin figure. He’s underweight as well.” She added. “I believe he has an autistic mind. He can calculate large units and digits of numbers, he can comprehend a book that he just finished once and he displayed great ability in computation and complex mental problems.”

“Mr. Jimin, during the assessment he displayed good ability to comprehend and to make conversation, however he displayed abnormal reflexes. His muscle tone changes which caused him to break unintentionally most of hand held items.” Jennie said with a sigh. “Upon checking brain activities we don’t see any abnormal results. We assumed that he might be severely hurt and brain damages are difficult to specify and in relation to that, he also failed some basic life skills test like the other gound inspectors that had the test.” Jennie informed them.

“and last but not the least, Mr. Taehyung. He displays good cognitive skills as expected to his age but he displayed unfamiliarity with some basic objects and its purpose. Memory loss and fragmentation could also be noted as he keeps on insisting that they are from outer space. A place located beyond the sun.” Jennie pursed her lips as she shrugs her shoulder. “and to know what is the purpose of living, we asked them to draw what is life for them.”

Jungkook was able to draw a distinct feature of the hexahome. “This place is life. It is peaceful and quiet. It is like a home.” He explained.

Jin drew some sort of beef cubes and a cup with red color liquid in it. “Food is life. Food is home.”

Yoongi drew five of the subjects and five of the lead professors. “They’re my life, they keep me safe and they’re my home.”

Jimin draw the armor that Seulgi is inventing. “If this wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter