WORRIES

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a week, Joohyun noticed that she has been so busy. Attending urgent meetings, analyzing and reviewing reports, field inspection and even attending talks and seminars that wasn’t in her schedule for the month.

She was literally pre occupied with her workloads that she forgot what she’s worrying about. Looking at the calendar she realized a week has already passed and Taehyung haven’t visited her yet.

“What’s the matter with you Taehyung? Enjoying Slovenia so much?” She raised her eyebrows out of annoyance looking at the calendar in her screen.

Without informing anyone, Joohyun decided to go to Seoul on her own. She knew that the other professors are up to something since they have been filling her week with lots of things to do.

Joohyun arrived at Ji Eun’s hotel and reached the receptionist at the lobby. “I need to speak with Ms Ji Eun.”

Since it is Joohyun the receptionist didn’t ask her if she has an appointment with her, she quickly grabbed the phone and contact Ji eun’s office.

“Doctor Bae, Ms Ji eun I glad to welcome you in her office. My colleague will you there.”

“You mean Ms Ji eun is around?” Joohyun asked her.

“Yes Doctor Bae, she’s the one who personally picked up my call.”

Joohyun started to feel bad about what she just learned from the receptionist. She politely followed the staff and when they reached Ji eun’s office, she felt relieve that Taehyung wasn’t around or else she’ll feel bad that he’s not showing himself after the incident.

“Doctor Bae, what brought you here?” Ji eun asked. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“Where is Taehyung?” Joohyun asked firmly.

Ji eun suddenly lost her words and now she feel so intimidated by her sharp gaze. “I apologize Doctor Bae but he has been missing since that incident.” Ji eun confessed.

“What?”

“Well I thought you knew.  We filed a report at the police week ago.”

“We?”

“Professor Seulgi and Jimin. I was with them. I assured them that he was accompanied by my staff at the ambulance but it turned out my staff was pushed away before he could ride the ambulance.” Ji eun explained.

“You mean Taehyung was kidnapped!?” She exclaimed.

Joohyun just left the office without a word. She couldn’t believe that her friends kept this from her and now she realized why the other Professors keep on filling her days. They knew that Joohyun cares so much for the integrity of the industries that it made her diverted her full attention at her schedule.

Instead of heading back to the island, she decided to drop by Jin’s home so she could have a conversation with them,

After ringing the doorbell, Jimin gave her access to enter the home and by observing her, he’s certain that she already found out.

“How did you keep this from me?” Joohyun asked him.

“Doctor Bae, we just don’t want your condition to get worse that time. You’re weak and we don’t want to stress you more.” Jimin explained.

“So what do you want? Want me to say that you did a good job for that?” She sarcastically asked him.

“Calm down.” Jin interrupted them and walk towards them. “Maybe there’s something we can do but I need to speak with Jimin for a moment.”

After the two guys had a quick conversation, Jin helped Joohyun recalled how Taehyung’s biology is connected to her mind, feelings and emotions.

“Try to call him using your mind.” Jin suggested.

Joohyun doesn’t know if she’s going to consider that as a stupid idea since she has been doing that all the time but she still obeyed instead. She closed her eyes and breathe calmly. She calls Taehyung in her mind.

But after half an hour, no signs of Taehyung appeared in front of them. “This is frustrating!” Joohyun complained.

“Woah! I told you to calm down.” Jin reminded her.

“I guess you need to go back to the island for a while.” Jimin suggested. “Use any resources you can to find him.”

Since Joohyun knew that there’s no way for her to find Taehyung by staying at Jin’s home, she decided to just go back home. Her craft landed on the rooftop but before she could step on it, Jimin pushed her from the rooftop causing her to fall.

--

“You did what?” Seulgi expressed how dismay she was learning what happened to Joohyun.

Everyone are surrounding the sleeping Joohyun who became unconscious before she hits the floor because of her fear of heights.

“It was Jin’s idea.” Jimin clarified.

“I caught her before she reaches the floor. She’s fine.” Jin defended himself.

“and what made you think that idea will work?” Joy annoyingly asked.

“Well you might not be aware but Taehyung can unconsciously teleport in where his Prime is if his Prime exert a strong emotional outburst such as fear, pain, shock etc.” Jin explained.

“Then why is he not here yet?” Joohyun asked.

The professors and the subjects gathered around to check her and it was a relief that she’s fine.

“There could be two possible reasons. First is he might be really far away from you. When there’s a great distance between the two of you he finds it hard to hear or feel you and the second possibility is he might be dead.” Yoongi said confidently.

“Or he might be uhm.. Unconscious.” Jin corrected him.

“Unnie you need to stop thinking about this. We don’t want you to stress yourself.” Seulgi said.

“No… Taehyung might be in danger.” Joohyun burst out crying. The last time she saw him was he was shot multiple times and now she had no idea where he is. “I think I am going to stay here for a while. His scent is on this bed and it makes me feel like he’s just around.”

“Arasseo unnie.” Joy said. “Miane.” And she tucked her.

Everyone went out from Taehyung’s room to give some time for Joohyun to rest. they made their way to the living room and Joy recalled something from what Jin have said.

“It seems like Taehyung’s way of defense doesn’t apply to himself. It applies to his Prime.” Joy said out of nowhere.

“That’s true. Sometimes when he could sense that his Prime is in danger he wouldn’t feel any pain at all and his primary priority is to save his Prime.”

“That could probably the reason why he suddenly showed up to block the bullets.” Joy said.

Suddenly while everyone is at the living room, the doorbell rings and when Yoongi checked who it could possibly be he realized it was Rose.

“Professor Rose.” Yoongi greeted her.

“Come on just call me Rose. Uhmm.. I thought I should visit or we should keep in touch since we’re colleagues.” Rose said.

“Of course come in. “ Yoongi welcomed her.

But in her surprise the lead professors that she previously adored and idolized are around. They greeted her naturally and she greeted them back without showing how she was displeased to see them.

“You mean you already resigned at the island?” Wendy surprisingly asked after learning it directly from her. “Professor Rose if its about the treatment of the ground inspectors…”

“No it’s not Professor Wendy, and please I really do appreciate if you could just address me by my name.” She forced a smile.

“Then why did you leave?” Jin asked.

“It happened that the company that was involved with the electrical malfunction was owned by my brother and I think he and Doctor Bae didn’t had a nice conversation during the meeting with the officials.” Rose honestly confessed.

“But you have nothing to do with that. If that’s true, that’s between Doctor Bae and your brother.” Joy claimed.

If Rose didn’t learn from Mr Choi how did the lead professors dirty played her brother she would have agreed. “and why is that? He’s my brother.” Rose firmly asked.

“Come on Joy, maybe that’s how family works. We didn’t have that so we won’t understand.” Wendy defended Rose. “I am so sorry Professor Rose.” She apologized.

Rose couldn’t deny how sweet and humble Wendy is but she couldn’t help but to feel bad to her as well since Wendy, Joohyun and the rest of the Professors were a team.

“Well this bowl of rice cake isn’t going to eat itself so I guess we should dig in.” Rose suggested.

“I bet this is going to be delicious.” Joy said.

Everyone took some of the rice cake that Rose brought and it was too late for Yoongi to realize that everyone is watching him eating like a peasant. “What?” He asked them.

Joy and Wendy just smiled at him as both of them knew that he doesn’t eat and he pretends so well that he really likes the food, while Jin feels disgusted watching him. Since among the subjects Jin and Yoongi are the only ones that couldn’t eat what humans are eating, he has always the thought that he and Yoongi are sharing the same taste of whatever their tongue touched.

While Rose just froze observing him. She was certain that Yoongi was the cyborg because of her metal prosthetic like limbs but it surprised her that he’s eating.

“Professor Rose are you alright?” Jin asked her.

“Yah can you eat calmly. You’re making her losing her appetite.” Wendy told him.

“No.. it’s fine, I mean for someone who grew up in South Korea, you look like it’s your first time to eat rice cake.” Rose said between her laughs.

And everyone inside the room who knew Yoongi’s real identity faked a laugh and laughed with her.

“I’ll just get something to drink.” Joy excused herself.

Rose volunteered to come at the kitchen and grabbed some glasses with her. She intentionally dropped the glasses and pretended to pick the pieces causing her to wound herself.

Joy directly saw how the blood drips from her fingers so she immediately covered it with whatever cloth she could cover it. “Uhmm.. Jin… could you buy some chicken outside.” She said in a panicking voice.

“Relax Professor Joy, is just a wound like a paper cut.” Rose assured her and she tried to pull her hand from the cloth.

“No let’s keep it like this. Uhmm you might run out of blood.” Joy exaggeratedly insisted.

“Professor Joy this cloth is not sanitized I might get infection with this.” Rose forced a giggle.

“I heard someone call my name is everything alright?” Jin asked.

Rose managed to pull her hand from Joy and exposed wounded finger while some blood drips from it. “Everything’s fine I just wounded myself a little bit.”

Jin was about to runaway but he realized that he doesn’t feel attracted to the smell of the blood, He didn’t crave for it and he doesn’t even want to consume it even he knew he has been skipping his meals.

“Jin… I said I need you to buy some chicken.” Joy calmly but nervously ordered him.

Jin walked slowly towards them. Reaching the first aid cabinet he took the band aid and offered it to Rose. “Do you need this?”

“I do.” Rose said and she immediately detached from Joy and took it from Jin. “Oh.. I couldn’t peel it can you…..”

“I’ll do it for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter