WHAT KEEPS US AWAY KEEPS US CLOSER

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun didn’t want to waste any second to save Taehyung and so after confirming everything that she needs to see on the footage, she asked Wendy to gather all the subjects and the Lead Professors as well.

But there’s something that Wendy didn’t want to tell Joohyun. She fast forwarded the footage to see what she could find more and in her surprised, days after Taehyung was brought there, Rose was sent to the same tower as well.

Jimin and Jin arrived with Seulgi and Joy, then Wendy entered the meeting hall minutes after. When everyone was able to settle on their seats, Joohyun explained everything that she and Wendy found out from The Bang Tower.

“We need to save him without using your special skills.” Joohyun said. “If they’re keeping Taehyung there, someone from that Tower might knew your secrets.”

“That is impossible.” Jin said.

“Which one?” Joy asked.

“Both.” Jin confidently said. “It is impossible for them to found out our deepest secret and I have a feeling that they’re only keeping Taehyung there because of his sense his amazing guarding skills? And second we can’t just get in without using any force. All of us here knew Jimin could just crash the door.”

“You’re watching too much TV aren’t you?” Joy asked annoyingly. “No matter what happens we need to keep Taehyung out from that area.”

“Also Unnie, the best thing that you can do is to keep your emotions and mind at peace. If Taehyung sensed that you’re anxious or in trouble, he might unconsciously teleport here and if everyone in that place sees that…” Wendy paused after recalling the footage of Rose in the basement of the Tower.

“I understand, but can any of you have any plans?” Joohyun asked.

Since The Bang Tower earns from leasing their floors to businesses, Wendy suggested that they should visit the area for such purposes and also to gather further evidences of Taehyung’s presence in that Tower.

But as soon as they arrived to the bridge where the entrance of The Bang Tower from the Central station is, they’re already blocked by the securities. “My sincere apologies Professors. The Bang Tower isn’t allowing non residence and non-employee of the area.” The guard informed them.

“Wait… what?” Wendy asked once again. “I am sorry but we just need to pass through this area to get in the next town.”

“You can take this road Professor.”

And everyone was left with no choice but to pass the road since Wendy failed to give a good reason for them to pass through the area.

“It also says to their website that vacant floors aren’t available for lease as of the moment.” Joy informed everyone.

They went around the area and attempted to pass through to the possible entrance of the tower but they failed. “Do this area really have a 10km distance entrances from the tower?” Jin asked curiously.

“Come again?” Wendy asked him.

“Are you losing your hearing Wendy?” Seulgi asked her.

“Of course not. I just cant keep my attention divided and it seems like what he’s asking has something.” Wendy explained.

Jin developed a great sense of estimating distance by just looking while they were still beyond the sun looking for home. “It seems like the entrances come in circle and for each of them are 10 km radius away from the Tower.”

Joohyun suddenly recalled what Yoongi have said before. It will be difficult for Taehyung to feel and hear her if they’re in a great distance from each other. “Could it possibly, my presence in that Tower caused worries to whoever is keeping Taehyung?”

“Well I guess there’s one way to find out?” Seulgi slides the car’s window down and looked up in the sky.

“We need a plan.” Jin agreed.

Everyone went back to the island, while Joy and Jin went up to the highest building where they can overlooked The Bang Tower and 10km of its radius.

“You know I am glad that we have to observe here.” Joy said. “If everyone sees me with someone wearing a full tracksuit and a hoodie while the sun is shining bright they might think I am stupid.”

“Quit with the bad compliments Professor Joy I am trying to focus.” Jin said.

The two went to the café nearby to discuss about their plans and both of them knew that Joohyun wouldn’t want to wait for too long so they are going to save Taehyung tonight.

“If it wasn’t just for your fear in sun, we can just save him right now.” Joy said.

“You do really love to make fun of my flaws huh?” Jin rolled his eyes but he couldn’t keep his eyes away watching her softly giggles while she takes a sip of her drink.

In the middle of their conversation, Joy’s pouch was suddenly snatched from their table and the man run away from the café.

Jin reflexively stood up from his seat and run after the man without noticing that he took off his jacket to protect his skin and ten steps away from the café, his skin started to burn causing him feel a lot of pain.

Joy immediately run to him and covered him with his jacket. “Hey.. It’s me. Just hang on alright?”

In less than half an hour, Seulgi arrived in her mobile craft, good thing everyone that surrounded Joy and Jin were amazed with the craft causing them not to witness how damaged Jin’s skin was.

“What happened?” Seulgi worriedly asked as she observes Jin.

“He run after someone who snatched my pouch.” Joy informed her with a heavy heart.

On the other hand at the island, Wendy was able to make Yoongi’s new battery watch. She make his way to the Mindtech’s deck and looked for Yoongi which some of the Junior Professors politely guided her to his deck.

“Professor Wendy, is he in trouble for burning himself accidentally?” Heize asked.

“No.. actually I came here to check him and everyone in that area.” She said and kept the watch inside her pocket. “Anyway where is he?”

“Oh he’s sleeping heavily after getting treated at Professor Joy’s health lab.” Heize said and pointed the direction of his bed.

Wendy slides his room’s door and found him really sleeping heavily. She doesn’t know if he learned to act without his battery to act like a complete human but if he does, Wendy is thankful that he’s trying to fit himself.

Placing the watch on his wrist, it vibrates as soon as she buckled it and it caused Yoongi to wake up in surprise. “Professor Wendy.” He bowed at him.

“Wow, I thought this battery will wake you up after filling up at least 5% but it quickly works as soon as I wear it on you.” Wendy said.

“Oh…” Yoongi knew it was the right time to confess but he sees how pleased Wendy was watching her own invention. “I think you made it compatible in my built.”

“Anyway I am sorry I wasn’t able to visit you at Professor Joy’s health lab.” Wendy said. “You might not be aware but you were brought there upon her request.”

“Ah ne, its fine.” Yoongi said.

“And also some of your colleagues didn’t suspect of anything so just act naturally and stay calm.” Wendy advised.

Yoongi nods, he doesn’t know but why does he feel awkward having Wendy in his deck. He’s trying his best to act cool and it seems like it’s working.

“Anyway, do you know a lot about Professor Rose?” Wendy asked.

Yoongi forced a giggle. “I told you I don’t like her.”

“Why are you being so defensive? You’re just making it too obvious.” Wendy taps his shoulder. “Do you have any idea where she lives or which family did she came from?”

Yoongi pouted his lips and tilted his head sideways. “Well… actually no. When we see each other here in the island we only talk about research and studies”

“Tsh. How lame.” Wendy playfully fist bumped his chest after that remark.

He suddenly feel the pain and made giggles to ease it. “Anyway thank you for waking me up. I need to start over again with my invention.” He quickly escaped.

“Wait.” Wendy stopped him. “I know that you do not consume food but can you invite her over for dinner at your home? I would also love to come.”

“Ok.” Yoongi nods and politely rushed to the laboratory.

--

On the other hand, Yeri was directly sent to Joy by the engineers at the power plant where she and Jungkook were last seen.

Lying calmly on Joy’s health lab, she slowly opened her eyes and finally regained her consciousness and it was a relieve for her to find out that she’s still alive after she did that stupid idea.

“Hey are you alright?” Joy asked entering her health lab while monitoring her vital signs.

“Surprisingly I am.” Yeri said. “I had a physical contact with Jungkook while he released a high voltage.”

“What?”

“Right! Where is he? Is he alright?” Yeri asked worriedly.

“Yeri you’re the only one that they see at the power plant.” Joy informed her. “and if you really had a physical contact with Jungkook while he released a high level of voltage they’ve must found you roasted there. You know what happened in the food streets of Seoul right?”

Maybe Joy was right. Thinking that Jungkook might didn’t elicit such high voltage but there’s one thing that she remembers. “Unnie, I remember Jungkook being stabbed with a robot like drone.” Yeri said.

“Yeri are you alright? Are you sure you’re not just dreaming?” Joy asked worriedly.

“I am certain not. I even can’t believe that I am still alive.” Yeri admitted.

Joy gave Yeri more time to take a rest. if she’s claiming that she was with Jungkook at the power plant, there’s a higher possibility that Jungkook is missing as well.

She rushed to Wendy’s floor declaring emergency access and she found Wendy busy scanning some files on her monitor.

“Hey.”

“Oh it’s you. I thought it was Seulgi.” Wendy said and pressed the exit button from his folder.

“You’re browsing to Junior Professors files?” Joy asked. “Why?”

“Nothing.” Wendy forced a smile. “Anyway what brings you here?”

Joy told Wendy about what Yeri have said and both of them reviewed the footage from the power plant. Fast forwarding the footage, they found the drone robot like easily penetrated inside the island and even breaking the glass of the power plant.

“No way. How did it passed on the mega magnetic forced?” Joy asked.

“Maybe it didn’t.” Wendy said since her team was the one who invented the shield of the island, she’s sure that nothing could pass through it.

Wendy hacked all the access at the island’s security and she found out that the mega magnetic fields are down from the time that the drone robot like entered the island.

What shocked the two Professors the most was Jungkook was transported in a helicopter while he’s unconscious.

“This is alarming.” Joy said. “Who’s doing this?”

Meanwhile, Yeri doesn’t feel like taking more rest. Thinking what she can recall from the Power plant makes her more stress and there’s one thing that she wanted to know. Where is Jungkook?

Paving her way to her floor. She found Joohyun who just came from her quick training at the aviation department.

“Unnie.” She called her.

“Oh hi are you feeling better? I found out from Joy that you were found unconscious at the power plant.” Joohyun said.

“Yes I was but I am feeling better. What’s up with the suit?”

“Well we’re planning to rescue Taehyung from above. Since we can’t pass through from 10km radius of The Bang Tower.” Joohyun informed her worriedly. “I hope this works.”

“Taehyung is at The Bang Tower? What is he doing there?”

“That’s what we have to find out.” Joohyun responded.

“I’m coming.” Yeri volunteered.

Joohyun asked her to take a rest first but she insisted that she should come. What’s she’s sure of if she was found alone at the Power plant, Jungkook must have also be at the same location as Taehyung.

Joohyun, Seulgi, Yeri and Jimin buckled themselves on their seats while Jin took the responsibility at the main control of the skycraft. “Initiating invisibility.” He commanded and befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter