GETTING CLOSER

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, when everyone was stressed out from yesterday’s trial with Taehyung, Jin was busy at the laboratory doing researches with Rose.

“You’ve mentioned that there was an installed programmed protein in Taehyung’s blood streams right?” He asked as if he’s asking confirmation.

“Yes, I did.” Rose admitted.

Reviewing the monitors, Jin didn’t find where papered works of the substance. “It’s not here in Taehyung’s medical records. You should document it.”

“Well honestly, it wasn’t me who formulated it.” Rose said. “It was one of the unknown beings.”

Suddenly. Jin smiled and before he could say why he already run away from the health laboratory.

He rushed at the Professor’s apartment and knowing that it was him again, everyone covered themselves with their suits and attended the doors for him.

“Good morning Beings.” He smiled brightly. “May I come in?”

“I think it’s better for you to address your concerns beyond our apartment.” Wendy said.

“I came here not to scare anyone but I just found out that one of you formulated a substance that shrink the programmed proteins at Taehyung’s.” Jin confidently said. He even make them recalled that the Captain of the artificial world wanted them to assume some roles for the benefit of the SAFE League.

“I was the one who formulated it.” Joy said. She badly wanted to get closer to Jin and so she admit it.

“Great. Will you be willing to take some few written exams and training?” Jin asked.

“I do.” Joy excitedly said.

Hearing Joy didn’t doubt in answering it’s his only way to indirectly study her biology. By keeping her close to him.

He rushed again but not to the health lab but to see Yoongi and him excitedly reported his plans.

“That’s unethical.” Yoongi said.

“Well we have no choice, we’re not certain if they’re harmful or not.”

“Alright fine but we have to set limitations with their access with the League’s informations.” Yoongi agreed.

Later that day, Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin arrived at Yoongi’s lab as well and Jin was able to discuss his ideas to everyone.

“Well this is like a secret mission isn’t it?” Jungkook said.

“Just, think of it as something that we couldn’t disclose to beings beside us.” Jin firmly said.

After everyone agreed with Jin’s idea, it’s for the betterment of the SAFE League anyway and that’s when Jin decided to dig in some information from Taehyung since he’s the only one among them that has a close contact with one of the unknown beings.

“Well she farts when she’s nervous?” Taehyung was unsure of what he have said.

“You’re not joking?” Jimin asked.

“She was the one who claimed it.” Taehyung confirmed after seeing everyone not convinced.

“I guess your idea works Doctor Jin.” Yoongi agreed as he nods his head.

And so Jin recruited Joy to be in the medical department he will be the one who’ll secretly test her. Jungkook volunteered to observe Yeri and her younger sister as she said, Taehyung will be on Joohyun and Jimin assigned himself to Seulgi as he can see her and Yeji hanging around a lot.

“None of the children should know about this.” Taehyung said. “Lia’s prime is one of the unknown beings and I don’t want her to feel half-hearted whose side she’s going to be in.” 

After the beings secret forum, Jimin decided to see Yeji who is currently at the camp of the League’s fighter having a conversation with Seulgi. They just finished their first training and they’re having some time to rest until Jimin approached them.

Seulgi reflexively bowed at him while Yeji just rolled her eyes and turned around from her father.

“Is that how you greet your father?” Jimin asked with a sarcastic tone as he slightly gazed at Seulgi.

“What do you want now?” Yeji lamely asked.

“look Yeji..”

But before Jimin could finished what he has to say Yeji run away from him. Yeji couldn’t stand his father being around and she thought she should just leave before she could disrespect him more.

“Hey!” Jimin yelled at her.

Seulgi was about to follow but Jimin held her wrist to stop her and for a moment, Jimin’s anger easily suppressed which he find weird as well. So he immediately let go of her. “Sorry.” And he apologized.

He exhaled to soothe of the weird feeling. “Just.. look over her. I promise I never wanted you to see us like this.”

“Ne.” Seulgi just said as her heart pounds and she bowed at him again. She run and almost tripped as her knees became weak after having contact with Jimin after years.

Seulgi run away from him without minding anyone she could bumped into camp but her knees collapsed and before her knees land on the ground, Jungkook was able to catch her.

“Are you alright?” Jungkook asked.

Seulgi nods and she smiled inside the helmet that she’s wearing. She can’t believe Jungkook looked different way back in earth. He’s taller and manly. “I am fine.” She said and pulled away from him.

“You seemed… bothered?” Jungkook unsurely said. “Is there any specie threatening you?” He placed his hand at the handle of his weapon.

“No.. no.. uhm. Everything’s fine, I was actually running after Yeji.” Seulgi clarified and gestured Jungkook to keep the weapon in his body.

Seulgi decided to walk calmly but Jungkook followed her and told her that he will stick around with her even if he’s in the middle of inspection in the camp.

“Remember when the captain asked you to at least have a role here? I kind a wanted to recruit your relative in our office.” He honestly said. “I hope you could help me convince her.”

“amd why her?” Seulgi crossed her arms and asked him.

“Well, I think she’s nice and competent.” Jungkook honestly said.

“Then ask her by yourself.” Seulgi suggested and casually tapped Jungkook’s shoulder. “tsh since when you earned that broad shoulder?” and just walk away from him.

Jungkook scratched his head and seemed like he made it really weird. “I am not interested to robots!” He yelled. “Just to clarify.”

 On the other hand, Jimin is on his way back to their home and still was pre occupied with how either Yeji is treating him or how that weird feeling he felt as soon as he touched Seulgi.

“Oh.. miane.” Chaeryoung accidentally bumped to him.

Jimin assisted her to get up and pat her body. “It’s fine, be careful next time. You shouldn’t run around here.”

“Chae!” Yeri immediately run to her and bowed at Jimin. “Miane.. did she caused trouble?”

“No it’s fine.” Jimin said. “But please watch over her. Some species here can reflexively harm when they’re surprised.”

“Ah!”

The loud groan caught Jimin and Yeri’s attention and that’s when they realized that Chaeryoung is no longer by their side. She was standing away from them and nearby a 10 feet tall specie that is lying on the ground.

Jimin immediately called for emergency and run towards Chaeryoung and protected her. “Stay behind me.” He ordered Yeri.

The paramedics came and scanned the giant specie. Smoke coming out from his body and he acquired burns on his limbs. “He was electrocuted.”

“What?” Jimin asked. “By who?”

Yeri is currently thinking of a way to save Chaeryoung but before she could reasoned out for her. “I did.” Chaeryoung admitted what she have done.

The paramedic gathered a footage from the area and it was confirmed. Chaeryoung accidentally bumped to the giant specie who reflexively sway his hand for a punch and before his fist landed to Chaeryoung she withdraws a high voltage from her body and barbecued the giant specie.

“We have to isolate her.” One of the defend team said.

“No. she’s still a kid she doesn’t know what she’s doing.” Yeri blocked their way.

“The specie was too big for her not to notice. Given the biology of this giant it can harm anyone that startled it. She must have did it on purpose.” The head of the defend team said.

“Just please let her go. I promise to keep her in the apartment.” Yeri begged.

“No further explanation is needed. Commanded Jimin you need to decide.”

“I am sorry, but we have to surrender her. She has a great capability to harm anyone here.” Jimin told Yeri.

“It was an accident!” Yeri claimed and stopped Jimin before he could turn over Chaeryoung to the defender. “She’s blind.”

Jimin still kept Chaeryoung in his arms and walk towards Yeri, “Listen. I know that you don’t want to be test and want the biology of your specie to be in private but isolating her means detaining her.” Jimin said. “Just let the paramedics perform a test for her sight and we can let go of her.”

--

Meanwhile, Joy is currently busy orienting herself with some charts and documentation from the lab and of course, glancing at Jin who’s busy on his monitors.

“Doctor Jin, this is the head or paramedics. We wish to grant a permission in your lab.”

“Access granted.” Jin said.

The paramedics arrived inside and Joy was surprised to see Chaeryoung being carried by Jimin. “Doctor Jin, we received a consent from this specie’s guardian to have her vision tested.”

Jin and Joy stood up from their seat in chorus. Joy approached them and tried to wake up Chaeryoung but Jimin asked her to step aside.

“Then it means, testing her vision is also removing her helmet.” Jin said.

“Of course not. We can perform the test..”

“I think I do not have to remind you that you’re still an intern in my healthlab.” Jin said and gestured Jimin to place Chaeryoung inside the testing area.

Jin is excited and eager to see what’s inside the unknown’s species suit. A large tweezer like programmed robot is already attached at Chaeryoung’s head and is ready to pull it out with just one click.

Jin’s finger is just an inch from the button when Rose declared emergency access and entered the health lab. “What is going on in here?!” she marched confidently inside and was not pleased to see Chaeryoung inside the test area. “get her out” she ordered firmly.

“We.. Have a consent report from her guardian.” Jin said and handed Rose his tablet.

“as the head committee to balance any beings right, I object to this test as the consent was only given due to threat.” Rose said.

“With all due respect Doctor Rose, we didn’t threat anyone.” Jimin clarified.

“And so how come the guardian was only given a choice of this specie to be detained if she’s not going to be tested?” Rose asked. “We will perform a test of her vision in a way that is in favor of her guardian not in favor by the health department.” She insisted.

“We will pursue the test.” Jin firmly said.

“Then let me declare a trial discussion on this with the Captain.” Rose quickly said.

After the discussion with Taehyung’s issue, Jimin wouldn’t want to deal with the Captain of the league again. “The test is dismissed.” Jimin ordered.

“For now.” The head of the paramedics said. “We need to have a strong evidence that this specie is visually impaired.” They left the healthlab politely and calmly and left Chaeryoung.

“What the hell is wrong with you!?” Jin yelled out of anger at Rose.

“I am not going to have any discussion with you.” Rose calmly responded. “but the next time you yelled at me remember I have the skill to choke you to death.” She carried Chaeryoung with her and leave the healthlab as well.

Jimin patted Jin gesturing him to calm down and followed Rose out. Joy on the other hand was still carried away with the incident but she managed to approach Jin from a safe distance.

“Are you alright?” She asked worriedly.

“I was.” Jin admitted. He doesn’t want his Intern see him that way so instead of staying, he decided to walk away.

“Wait.” Joy said and he stopped. “Why are you so eager in having us tested or studied?”

Jin turned around to face her. “I never meant to make you feel uncomfortable. It’s just that we want the world beyond the sun to be at peace.”

He informed her how it was hard for them to look for a place to live and they only experienced peace at the world at the surface of the sun and because he knew that they can n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter