CONFUSING FEELING

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The professors welcomed the three subjects lively that Wendy even made confetti cut outs from scratch papers. “Everyone, welcome to HexaHome.” Wendy said proudly and the two professors clapped as if they’re celebrating the new home of the subjects.

“What do you think Jungkook?” Seulgi said as she made a wide smile.

Jungkook just planted his palms on the nearest wall and let it run through its courses. He’s starting to learn the area so he could move comfortably. 

“Does he?” Seulgi asked.

“He can’t see.” Yeri said as she pursed her lips.

“Oh I… apologize.” Seulgi said as she scratches her head from awkwardness. 

The hexahome doesn’t longer have cubicles. They all have their respective rooms for their own privacy. They have their own kitchen and  entertainment area. 

“This is so beautiful.” Jimin said as he observes the table tennis and billiards. “What are these?” He asked

“This is something that we used for leisure.” Seulgi said and handed him the paddle. Demonstrating how does it worked, she asked Jimin to serve the ball to her but when he did, the pingpong ball just passed by quickly to her causing it to smash hardly on the walls and deflate. 

“Oh I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“No, We’re sorry. We should’ve designed the home according to your capabilities.” Wendy said. “We will modify this.” She escaped an awkward laugh.

While slowly making his hands travel around the walls, Jungkook’s ears suddenly flinched which made him stop. “Are you alright?” Yeri asked. 

“Uhmmm… I am hearing something.” Jungkook said.

“You do?” Wendy asked and approached him. She placed her ears against the walls and couldn’t hear anything. “We designed this sound proof to make sure noises won’t bother you.” She certainly said.

“Jungkook you must be mistaken.” Yoongi said.

“No, I think it’s Professor Joy’s voice.” He said. “She’s panting as if she’s running out of breath.”

But more that the Professors were sure that they made the walls sound proof it could possibly be that Joy is in danger since the room next to that wall is Joy’s floor’s basement. 

And knowing Yeri that she’s aware of Jungkook’s excellent sensations. He might be right. She left the hexahome and the other Professors followed. The subjects run with them too just in case Joy could be in a situation where none of the humans could manage.

“Emergency access!” Seulgi voice commanded and Joy’s floor’s doors opened for them but when they reached her floor it is completely quiet. 

“I don’t see any emergency here.” Yoongi said. 

Jungkook wrinkled his nose as he could smell the strong odor of blood. Ignoring the other’s talkings he managed to follow where could be the odor is coming from and it leaded him to Joy’s health lab. 

The Professors followed and before they could reach the doors of the health lab, they already see Joy against the glass walls of the room. She is lying on her desk and blood drips from her wrist. Her dress was torn like a piece of paper.

While Jin is on the floor lying on his stomach and his lower garment is slightly lowered. “Oh no!” Wendy said.

Yeri couldn’t even have the courage to look at them. She turned her back and forcefully closed her eyes. “I am sorry I can’t take this!” She said and she run to her floor. 

Seulgi placed her fingertips to check her pulse and luckily it’s still beating. “Stay there.” She gestured the subjects. 

It’s already after midnight. Wendy and Seulgi were able to transfer Joy to the bed while Jin was transferred by the other subjects at the hexahome. Still unconscious and even it is obvious that she lost almost a litter of blood, her vital signs are still normal. 

Yoongi went back to the health lab and stayed with the two Professors. “Report.” Joohyun said as she appeared with Taehyung after learning from Areum that Joy’s floor was declared at emergency state. 

“They make love.” Yoongi said as he stood from his seat. Wendy and Seulgi were left speechless as they unexpectedly heard it from him when he was just sitting with them all those time quietly. 

“What?” Joohyun confusedly asked. “Who in the world in their right minds would do that?!” Joohyun asked once again.

“No one.” Yoongi said. “But I guessed when it happened none of them were in their right minds. I can see that unfamiliar substances are elevated in Professor’s Joy body.” He said as he observes the two wide monitors comparing Joy’s current condition.

“Is she going to die? Did he harmed her?” Joohyun asked.

“I am certain not.” Yoongi said. “But he did something against both of their intact mind.” 
“Can you just get to the point?” Seulgi worriedly asked.

“He found his bride.” Yoongi said as he looks to the scar from Joy’s wrist.

“What was that supposed to mean?” Wendy asked.

“I am not certain how specie connection with him happens.” Yoongi admit. “But she’s going to play a big factor in his life.” 

“Let’s just wait for Jin to wake up. I’ll see everyone tomorrow here in the morning.” Joohyun said. 

As soon as Joohyun and Taehyung get back on her room, Taehyung immediately wrapped his arms around her. “Is that what’s bothering you?” Taehyung asked her.

“Uhmmm..” She cleared . His arms wrapped around her pressing her chest with his forearm can’t make her think straight. “Uhmm yes.” She lied. “I was so worried about Joy.” 

“I assure you she’ll be fine.” Taehyung said to her and leaned his head against her. 

“Tae, can I ask you something?” She asked him. 

“Sure.” 

“Do you usually sleep like this with your previous Primes?” Joohyun asked.

“No.” Taehyung said. “When my Prime had a lover, he always wanted me to sleep outside their room so I could guard them and when we lost her we shared room but I do not wrap my arms around him.”

“Oh.. so he’s a guy?” Joohyun asked. 

“Yes.” Taehyung said “and I am always honored to serve him.” He added.

“So what is he like? Is he nice to you?” 

“Yes. He’s brave and very considerate.” Taehyung said. “I admire him for that.” 

“What if he’s alive and he asked you to go home with him? Are you going to leave me?” Joohyun asked him once again.

“Well.. only if you asked me to.” Taehyung said. “But if I were to decide, I wanted to stay with you and like this… always.” 

Joohyun smiled and pursed her lips to hold herself from squealing and giggling. She placed her hand in between his. “Me too.” Joohyun said.

Suddenly her awkwardness faded and her head feels light, comfortable and relax. She thought having that assurance that she was unconsciously seeking is the only thing that she needs for her to fall asleep. 

The morning comes and the sun shines, Jimin and Jungkook are heavily asleep on the couch. Yoongi is currently unconscious while recharging. Jin’s eyes suddenly twitches and he slowly woke up from his sleep.

As soon as he opens his eyes, it wasn’t the unfamiliar room that strikes to his mind. It was the memory of what happened last night. It was very clear and bothering for him to recall. His eyes turned blue as he started to get very emotional.

He feels guilty and his conscience just filled his mind. He stood up from the floor and found the open balcony through the door glass panels. He walks slowly and reached the hinge.

Suddenly a loud roar filled the hexahome as the sound travels inside through an open doors. Jungkook reflexively woke up from the noise and Jimin as well. Looking at the balcony, they found Jin on his knees while his skin is shining like a diamond reflection, he’s also growling in pain as he could feel the burn against his skin.

Jimin immediately run to him and carried him inside. “Just let me die in pain!” He said.

“No! You have to calm down Jin.” Jimin said as he pinned him down grasping both of his wrist. 

“I can’t bear to handle this. I don’t want a bride.” Jin said. 

“I know… but it happened already Jin.” Jimin said. “Just remember how did our Captain sacrificed his own life for us to live.” He said as he can’t help but to feel emotional.

“What if the day comes that I couldn’t protect her again?” Jin asked him looking directly to his eyes.

“Then we will all protect her for you.” Jimin assured him. 

On the other hand, Joy woke up without even a slight headache. She even stretched out her arms with a smile on her face and when she scratches her eyes to open it, she found the rest of the Professors starring at her.

“Good morning.” She greeted them with a smile.

“Is it really a good morning for you Joy?” Wendy asked her.

“Why shouldn’t it be?” Joy asked her back. 

Rolling her eyes, she turned her back from her and took a seat. “Please talk to her.”

“You just ed your subject last night Joy.” Seulgi informed her calmly. 

And that’s when she realized that she didn’t wake up in her room. She was doubting with what Seulgi have said and she knew that she is good with bad mouthing but what scares her the most was she’s having some little memories of what happened last night.

“We need you to explain yourself.” Joohyun said.

“Isnt Seulgi unnie supposed to be explaining herself first?” 

“We already settled it.” Seulgi said to her. “Speak.”

Joy made a deep sigh knowing that she has no choice but to admit everything honestly. “Fine!” She made a deep exhale. “Sungjae got married yesterday. I was invited, I went and I can’t accept it so I get drunk.” 

“Sungjae?” Joohyun asked her.

“The man that she’s been waiting for to be qualified in here.” Wendy rolled her eyes again.

“And when I came back here.. It was all the cause of the alcohol consumption.” Joy said. “So yea we did it.” 

“And you initiated it?” Joohyun asked her as she narrowed her eyes.

“Well…”

“Oh goodness Joy! You should’ve been responsible enough for that!” Joohyun exclaimed. “I am not disgusted but your subject isnt from here which makes it seems like he’s vulnerable with what you’ve done.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“It means like it looked like you ed a minor or a person with disability in our planet.” Seulgi made it clear for her to understand.

“It doesn’t seemed like that. He seemed to be aware on how to do it.” Joy said
“That’s not the detail that we wanted to hear.” Yeri said as she covered her ears with her hands. 

“Everyone, I am not trying to defend myself here ok?”

“Regardless of your intention Joy, you have to talk to Jin and discuss everything that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter