LOST IN THE RIGHT PLACE

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years has passed since the explosion of The Bang Tower and the disappearance of the beings. The Lead professors never stopped searching and finding them for the past years.

They’ve been inventing a lot of technologies, including hybrid satellites, mega aircrafts, super speed subways and more but these were produced only because the lead professors were hoping that at least one of the beings is still alive.

People are gathering at the arena where 50,000 seats were occupied and for the first time after 7 years, Seulgi will be able to publicize her new invention.

From heavy, dangerous and risky armor she invented a advanced progressive suit that is more than times lighter than who will be wearing it.

It can be worn at the outer space, it can supply oxygen and can be connected through wifi for navigation and effectiveness of voice command and access.

“We will be producing thousands of this suit for the astronauts of The Velvet industries who undergo a 3 year training.” Seulgi announced.

Everyone stand up from their seat and gave Seulgi a round of applause after she played a live footage of the suit flying effectively around the outer space.

“The floor is now open for questions and queries.” The spokesperson of velvet industries announced.

“Professor Kang, with all due respect. Some of the people of South Korea are already criticizing the industries’ services for the past 5 years. Can you say something about it?”

Seulgi wasn’t prepared with that personal question and she ended up pursing her lips after she failed to think of an answer.

Even if the Velvet industries are receiving a lot of admiration and compliments, criticisms are still around since for the past years they’re inventing a lot to search for a life at the outer space when in reality there are lots of lives that should be fixed in the earth itself. Unemployment, starvation, increase crime rates, poverty etc.

And because The velvet industries are well known for their knowledge to benefit a lot of people some doesn’t like the idea of them focusing more on finding evidences of life beyond the planet.

“We’re totally aware of that.” Joohyun went up to the stage to save Seulgi. “We’re not blind nor deaf with the people’s rants.”

“If that’s true,--“

“Yes, we don’t deny that we’re finding evidences that could support our theories of possible of life beyond earth.” Joohyun confidently said. “But come to think of it, the hybrid satellites provided faster internet in the world. Thus, making the most out of communication and updates with people. The mega aircrafts are also used by not only scientists, military or NASA but it also gave an opportunity to airlines to make people afford how it feels like to tour in outerspace.”

The people murmurs and couldn’t agree more with Joohyun’s remarks.

“This suit will not only help with astronaut’s further research but compared with their regular spacesuit, The Velvet industries SeulSuit is more reliable, dependent and safe.”

The reported quite feel intimidated with how Joohyun responded with the question so he decided not to furtherly ask anymore. Some of the added questions can be answered by Seulgi and she was able to do that confidently.

“Yes we’re working to find a life, hoping that at least one of those whoever on that craft who saved us 5 years ago is just around there.” She paused. “Or atleast what could remain on their bodies.”

 “Miane.” Seulgi forced a smile towards the Lead Professor at the conference hall that she failed to defend their inventions from the criticism.

“That’s fine.” Wendy said and embraced her.

“Congratulations Seulgi unnie!” Yeri embraced them too. “and to the Seulsuit as well!”

It’s obvious that the Professors are just trying to cheer her up but she couldn’t help but to feel emotional. “You know I couldn’t answer those questions straight because you know the primary purpose of that suit is to..”

“Let’s go back to the island. The craft mobile is waiting.” Joohyun interrupted her and leaded their way at the craftpad of the arena.

--

Among the Lead Professors, Joohyun is the only person who avoids any conversation regarding the beings. She realized that the more they talk and think about them the more she gets depressed, and when that happens her brain doesn’t work.

By doing that way, the Lead Professors thought that Joohyun had completely moved on but what they don’t know is that she has been keeping the sadness and loneliness alone.

Opening her hologram screen, she notice that additional coordinates and landmarks were placed from before.

Pressing a button, she directly calls Seulgi. “Yah Kang Seulgi, are you planning to stay the rest of your life at the outerspace?”

“Don’t bother me. I am just watching movies while I roam around and placing landmarks.” She said.

“Come back now. It’s been 5 days and you will have another 5 days to return.” Joohyun ordered her.

Ever since Seulgi successfully invented the suit she has been roaming around the outer space looking for any evidence that Jimin could still be possibly alive.

Given that her pacemaker can be controlled, she doesn’t have any difficulties with breathing anymore but what breaks her heart is going back to the island without retrieving anything.

Not only had she occupied Jin’s private laboratory but all the stuffs that he didn’t bring with him. It has been a habit of Joy to sniff Jin’s uniform from time to time.

“Hey.”

“Hey, how long have you been there?” Joy asked Yeri who came inside the lab without her noticing.

“Didn’t you sniffed all the scent that’s in there?” She jokingly said.

“That’s not a good joke.” Joy rolled her eyes. “How may I help you?”

“Nothing. Just checking on you.” Yeri pursed her lips. “It’s the 5th year since the beings were gone do you want to join me and Wendy to give resp..”

“Stop.” Joy interrupted her and rudely gazed at her. “He’s still alive, and if you don’t believe that then do as you may.”

“I’m sorry Unnie.” Yeri apologized sincerely.

“Just leave.”

Yeri went out from Jin’s private lab and found Wendy waiting outside for her. She’s bringing some candles and flowers for them to bring at the high mountains of South Korea.

“I think we should trying.” Wendy suggested as she observe the candles that she lit melting. “Let’s stop trying to convince the other professors that they’re already dead.”

Yeri nod to express that she agrees. “It’s kind a tiring to build the courage to do so every year.”

-

5 years may passed on Earth but it’s already 20 years at the worlds beyond the sun. After managing to build a small community of different species from the unknown planet that where they teleported they were able to established a federation that protects different species, organizes life cycle, life rights and life development of different species.

 If the planets at the surface the son surrounds the sun by its orbits, an artificial planet was made to surround the planets beyond the sun.

And as the being’s lives become more organize they were able to build an academy in one planet which is The SAFE League’s Academy.

Two teenagers are riding their bicycle towards the academy after they were dropped by an interconnected spaceship from one planet to another.

Their bicycles are light weighted, without wheels but needed to be pedaled for it to work at the bicycle lane of the Academy.

They were jokingly bumping each other and laughed out of it. Until.. “Yeji! Watch out!”

But it’s too late for her to avoid the rushing prototype land craft that intentionally did that to make fun of her.

“Are you alright?” Lia asked as she rush to jumped off her bike and checked Yeji who got small open wounds from the fall.

“I am fine.” She said and watched how the other beings of her age stick out a tongue and laughed at her.

“Annoying.” Lia said and assisted her to stand up.

But before the prototype land craft reach the main dock of the academy, another hybrid excellent land craft intentionally blocked their way as if annoying them not letting them pass by.

Compared to the prototype it is bigger and wider. “Oh no it’s Ryujin.” Yeji said and she immediately jumped in her bike again.

Tapping twice her installed earpiece. “Ryujin, stop that let them passed by!”

Ryujin on the other hand ignored Yeji and just turned off the speakers in her craft. “No one messes with my friends!” She said and she started hovering the prototype land craft causing it to pushed back and lose it’s control.

Having the skill of strength from her father, Yeji managed to catch the prototype land craft before it flew to the sky. Out of concern, she pulled the doors and broke it. “Is everyone alright?”

“What the hell!? You broke my landcraft!” Denise yelled at her.

“I’m sorry.” Yeji apologized. “I was worried you guys mi—“

“Wait.” Soodam said. “Everyone knows that you’re the daughter of the head of the League’s Shield force. The Mighty Jimin.”

“yea, show us your strength. I heard that you’re super strength is coming out whenever you get mad.” Denise added.

“Let’s go Yeji.” Lia said and gently pulled Yeji with her.

[Main engine malfunction. Prototype land craft will turn off for safety purposes.]

“What?” Soodam exclaimed trying to press the button of the craft

“Oops.” Ryujin said sarcastically as she minimized her hologram screen. “I didn’t break it. It’s called hacking.”

“Ryujin.” Yeji gestured her to stop.

“Get in. we’ll be late.” Ryujin said and before Lia and Yeji could notice her AI friend Yuna already placed their bicycles at the compartment of her land craft.

Reaching the entrance of the Academy after they parked at the craft dock, the speaker of the tall towers of the academy caught their attention. “Shin Ryujin and Hwang Yeji your presence is need at the discipline’s office.”

“What? Why us?” Ryujin asked Yeji.

“Let’s just go.” Yeji said and asked Lia to go to the class.

The footage was shown to the two teenagers which means they can no longer deny what the head master is accusing them. “It is pretty clear that they intentionally did that to test my friend’s patience.”

“and it is also clear that you intentionally hacked their craft for it to stop working.” The head master exhaled out of frustration. “Shin Ryujin you’re gifted and skilled to have that knowledge it is part of your biology but you knew the League’s rule. You may not use that in that way.”

“You saw how dangerous it was for Yeji, she fell on her bike with a high speed!” Ryujin protested.

“That’s true but based by her biology, she didn’t get hurt. She might have some wounds or bruises but it didn’t hurt her. Right Yeji?”

“Ne Headmaster.” Yeji confirmed. Since she has Jimin’s genes, any form of superficial wound is painless for her.

“You see, these pupils are aware of Yeji’s pain capacity. One of them is a pupil from the Life department. She majors with different species’ biology.”

“But..”

“Detention for a week.” The headmaster said. “Both of you. Since you broke their door.”

“That’s unfair!” Ryujin complained.

“Or do you want the foremost of the high tech to be invited?”   

“A week of detention will do.” Ryujin said and walked out from the office. “Let’s go Yuna.”

Yeji bowed at the headmaster and apologized for the trouble that they did and run after Ryujin.

“Look I am sorry.” Yeji blocked her way. “and thank you for what happened there.”

“They have been doing that for the past years and you’re not doing anything.” Ryujin helped her to recall. “Why not just for once, show them your anger so they would see how strong you really are.”

“You know I can’t do that.” Yeji frowned. “I can’t afford to harm anyone.”

“Your skill is useless.” Ryujin passed by her and intentionally walked faster so she would get the message that she don’t want to walk with her.

But after reaching the class hall some pupils are making fun of Lia. Everyone is aware that she is a daughter of a mindgripper and a lot of them are curious how teleportation works.

They would intentionally throw rocks or crumpled paper at her to check if she could avoid it by teleporti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter